Arts and Cultural Café – Le * ləm’
Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG) is currently accepting resumes in preparation for the opening of the new Arts and Cultural Café called Le * ləm’, anticipated to open in the Summer of 2013, located on the Fraser River at the Bedford Landing. The Host/Hostess will be responsible for welcoming and warmly greeting customers upon arrival. Shift work should be expected. This is a P/T opportunity and work hours will mostly be on weekends and evenings.
- Le * ləm’ and Šxʷimelə is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, SQBG located in Fort Langley, BC
- The primary role at Le * ləm’ is to answer the telephone, deliver food or beverage orders to tables. At times the Host/Hostess will also need to control access/egress to the licensed patio.
- The position will be expected to adapt to customer needs as well as pitch in and assist wherever supervisory staff deem necessary. The Host/Hostess will serve a limited beverage menu with a focus on local flavors.
- The Host/Hostess will enjoy the support of a Manager, Retail Operations, Head Chef, Shift Supervisor, Barista and Sales Associate. In addition, SQBG’s head office will provide other support such as scheduling, dispatching, marketing and special events planning
- SQBG is consulting with a Vancouver renowned restaurant consulting firm that has been assisting with restaurant concept and development and will provide staff training and grand opening duties
- It is anticipated that locals and visitors alike will enjoy learning about Coast Salish culture through aboriginal programing, art, food and artifacts that will be on display for all to enjoy
- A significant investment has been dedicated toward the Le * ləm’ arts and culture café and it is anticipated that the location will become a “jewel” in the local area
- He or she will be required to hold a valid “Serving it Right” Certificate
- Wine knowledge or sommelier training considered an asset
- A friendly outgoing demeanor with an ability to quickly build connections with customers
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity considered an asset
A competitive wage with the potential for some benefits will be offered for this position.
If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume no later than June 3rd, 2013 to:
Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group
PO Box 1023
23684 Gabriel Lane
Fort Langley, BC V1M 2S4
Indeed - 19 months ago
Seyem' Qwantlen Business Group is a Limited Liability Partnership of the Kwantlen First Nation responsible for lands, resources and economic...