SES Employee Reviews

ses
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
you cleaned buildings pipes equipment pits use vac trucks roll offs work varies hours worked with a group of people. pay is not good
SES Americom in a nut shell
Network Controller Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VANovember 5, 2015
Pro

SES is a good company to work for.It genuinely trys to take care of the employees.

Con

Once you are in a position it is very hard to get anyone to move you to a more advanced position from the o3B NOC,because the technical lead at this NOC only promotes friends.
fast paced work
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2015
Management is very bad. I got hired and then two months later was laid off. Management counted on contracts without actually having the work. Co-workers are awesome. Work envirnoment with management was you were always stepping on egg shells
Laid back, productive working place.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Penrith, NSWOctober 24, 2015
Responsibilities involved dressing mannequins, customer service, visual merchandising, advertising and promotions, cleaning racks, stock refill and sorting, transferring items, sorting delivery and pick up, floor maintenance and database management.
Pros
1 hour breaks, laid back environment, friendly staff
Cons
Unorganised, management staff too young
Family owned business
Job Development & Placement / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Exciting Job with great people. The organization valued hard work and dedication. No politics. The most enjoyable park of my job was working alongside my colleagues and staff I supported.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2015
A lot of nepotism on the jobsite, but was able to learn alot, only seeking new employment due to work slowing. Enjoyed working on all the different types of equipment was able to operate more than one thing and learn new things. Management was good. We had to move a lot of material and there were a lot of trucks to load daily.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much work right now
Learning new assesments we will use in the field when we get activated
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Green street TownsvilleSeptember 24, 2015
The State emergency service is a volunteer organisation. I enjoy being with the SES because they make me feel welcome and give me the opportunity to give back to the community.
Pros
Fun and Practical assessments
FUN AND ALWAYS BUSY
DRIVER AND INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  PHILADELPHIA, PASeptember 23, 2015
LOVE TO TRAVEL, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS STAYING BUSY,COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMER, ALWAYS ON TIME. CO-WORKER ARE OKAY TO WORK WITH,ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES ITS CHALLENGING BUT WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO GET THROUGH IT. I HELP MY CO WORKER LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS, I RELOCATE TO DIFFRENT AREAS, MY BOSS IS VERY COOL TO WORK WITH.
Pros
THEY PAY IS WONDERFUL
Cons
SOMETIMES NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Contract Programmer
Contract Software developer. (Former Employee) –  Albury, NSWJune 23, 2015
Delphi Developer. Operated from Shepparton Vic, for Company in Albury. Worked off site via internet. Reported directly to the manager.

Products supplied Australia wide.
Pros
No travel
Cons
Infrequent feedback
Great way to give back to community
Swift Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Cooma, NSWMay 2, 2015
SES is a great way to learn new skills and become part of a team within the community. Other volunteers are friendly and welcoming and work together in times of need to assist those who require it. The management is effective in local headquarters but the overall management could use a little refining. The most enjoyable things about SES is getting together to train and socialize with other like minded individuals.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Lack of organisation
Unique
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard RoadFebruary 24, 2015
Unique industry with great opportunities for global networking. It offers multi-cultural interactions in a B2B environment.
FUN and enjoyable atmostphere
School monitor and after care program (Current Employee) –  Warwick, NYNovember 25, 2014
Very upbeat atmosphere. Warm friendly staff 3 hrs of enjoying my classes when they greet me with open arms smiles . Administration staff very attentive caring and friendly to all. Going out in below 20 degree weather is the hardest part of the job but i do bundled up.Co- workers all get along and willing to help out when needed and me as . The most enjoyable part of my job are the kids stories and artwork they make me when the weather is cold and we are inside they create pics for me to hang up on my supply closet. Holidays at work are so much fun crafts made for each holiday and the kids love it. It s very rewarding to me when my kids see me everyday and i love to socialize which means a lot shows you care and they like all the attention as well. After each lunch I wash down my tables so each class has a disinfected area to eat it matters to me as well. My 3 hr after care program also with the older kids is special to me they enjoy all the fun stuff we make for the holidays and just everyday crafts and there parents are very grateful for my time and caring ways. I enjoy interacting with others it makes my day to put a smile on a face of any age group.
Pros
enjoy going to work everyday to see the kids and there happy faces
Cons
not enough hrs
Good team of workers
Junior Surveyor (Current Employee) –  London, ENGOctober 13, 2014
I start in this company as a surveyor assistant, in six months I have met so many surveyors who teached me a lot of things. Thereafter company give me the possibility to do jobs on my own, and I am very graceful, it is been wonderful experience. But in this moment after one year every day outside on the streets I want a bit chance to have another kind of job related to construction but not whole day on the streets.
Pros
met different people
Cons
standing outside
SES Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2014
. Organize staff for tutoring sessions with students at site location. Training Tutors, Organizing In-services Trainings. Organize materials for K-12 grade tutoring sessions; make sure all paperwork data and materials are filed accordingly within each staff members’ and students’ folder. Submit, review and organize files in a timely matter according to state and federal standards. Enact conflict resolution. Communicate professionally and effectively with staff, school, parent, student and staff to continue a nondestructive educational environment thru verbal or written letters. Organize fire and safety drills monthly and regulate the hallways to prevent hazard of any nature. Manage employee hours in system. Recorded student's & tutors hours and program completion.
Huge learning experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, HR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed my several years here. Met a lot of great people, made a ton of friends that are dear to my heart! I started at SES when there was 25 people I have seen that company grow so much these last several years . We have grown people, contracts , hangars an so many new jobs with helicopters . I enjoyed my time there an hated so many got laid off .
Pros
great benefits, great hours, great pay
Cons
we are contractors, so you never know when your project will end. -
Nice company benfits a great
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
Typical work day starts at 7:30 to 4
I enjoy the company and the benifits it
productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  hervey bay SESAugust 11, 2014
volunteer training, sandbagging, emergency services, safety training
Pros
helping people
Cons
no cons
excellent development of teaching process.
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  miamiMay 29, 2014
Work with students based on specific skills to develop: reading, math.
Practice from the easiest to the most difficult .
Student-centered approach .
It's an excellent open culture and is transparent working nature.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, APMay 6, 2014
Everyday coming to the present organization is a learning experience. My personal growth is fully realized at this organization. Management is very committed towards safety and quality and never compramize our actions at the cost of safety and quality.
Pros
free transportation, medical insurance etc
Cons
the current leadership
state emerceny services
Bar attendant for River sessions festival (Former Employee) –  sarina qldNovember 25, 2013
I done work with SES it was a awsome life experience, got to meet all soughts of different people, and I learnt a lot of skills from ses