SES Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience but unbalalnced schedule and poor management
Electrician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
Unperdictable schedule and rude staff and managers.We were always redoing work cause foreman and managers didn't know what was going on half the time
unsociable and stale
security guard (Current Employee), South ElmsallFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: made long term freinds
Cons: management and rota
my current job "stale" there is not chance to move up. The hours are 10 hour shifts but with the rota we have been placed on there is no chance to socialise outside of work and the management don't listen to any of our requests or suggestions.
I have learned a lot from this job being punctual and smart reflects on the company and yourself , office management sorting files and paperwork, working as an individual and working with a variety of people with different backgrounds and beliefs.
ses
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
you cleaned buildings pipes equipment pits use vac trucks roll offs work varies hours worked with a group of people. pay is not good
SES Americom in a nut shell
Network Controller Technician II (Former Employee), Bristow, VANovember 5, 2015
Pro

SES is a good company to work for.It genuinely trys to take care of the employees.

Con

Once you are in a position it is very hard to get anyone to move you to a more advanced position from the o3B NOC,because the technical lead at this NOC only promotes friends.
fast paced work
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2015
Management is very bad. I got hired and then two months later was laid off. Management counted on contracts without actually having the work. Co-workers are awesome. Work envirnoment with management was you were always stepping on egg shells
Laid back, productive working place.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Penrith, NSWOctober 24, 2015
Pros: 1 hour breaks, laid back environment, friendly staff
Cons: Unorganised, management staff too young
Responsibilities involved dressing mannequins, customer service, visual merchandising, advertising and promotions, cleaning racks, stock refill and sorting, transferring items, sorting delivery and pick up, floor maintenance and database management.
Family owned business
Job Development & Placement / Trainer (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Low pay
Exciting Job with great people. The organization valued hard work and dedication. No politics. The most enjoyable park of my job was working alongside my colleagues and staff I supported.
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not much work right now
A lot of nepotism on the jobsite, but was able to learn alot, only seeking new employment due to work slowing. Enjoyed working on all the different types of equipment was able to operate more than one thing and learn new things. Management was good. We had to move a lot of material and there were a lot of trucks to load daily.
Learning new assesments we will use in the field when we get activated
Volunteer (Current Employee), Green street TownsvilleSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Fun and Practical assessments
Cons: none
The State emergency service is a volunteer organisation. I enjoy being with the SES because they make me feel welcome and give me the opportunity to give back to the community.
FUN AND ALWAYS BUSY
DRIVER AND INSTALLER (Current Employee), PHILADELPHIA, PASeptember 23, 2015
Pros: THEY PAY IS WONDERFUL
Cons: SOMETIMES NOT ENOUGH HOURS
LOVE TO TRAVEL, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS STAYING BUSY,COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMER, ALWAYS ON TIME. CO-WORKER ARE OKAY TO WORK WITH,ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES ITS CHALLENGING BUT WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO GET THROUGH IT. I HELP MY CO WORKER LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS, I RELOCATE TO DIFFRENT AREAS, MY BOSS IS VERY COOL TO WORK WITH.
Contract Programmer
Contract Software developer. (Former Employee), Albury, NSWJune 23, 2015
Pros: No travel
Cons: Infrequent feedback
Delphi Developer. Operated from Shepparton Vic, for Company in Albury. Worked off site via internet. Reported directly to the manager.

Products supplied Australia wide.
Great way to give back to community
Swift Water Technician (Current Employee), Cooma, NSWMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free training
Cons: Lack of organisation
SES is a great way to learn new skills and become part of a team within the community. Other volunteers are friendly and welcoming and work together in times of need to assist those who require it. The management is effective in local headquarters but the overall management could use a little refining. The most enjoyable things about SES is getting together to train and socialize with other like minded individuals.
Unique
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Orchard RoadFebruary 24, 2015
Unique industry with great opportunities for global networking. It offers multi-cultural interactions in a B2B environment.
FUN and enjoyable atmostphere
School monitor and after care program (Current Employee), Warwick, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: enjoy going to work everyday to see the kids and there happy faces
Cons: not enough hrs
Very upbeat atmosphere. Warm friendly staff 3 hrs of enjoying my classes when they greet me with open arms smiles . Administration staff very attentive caring and friendly to all. Going out in below 20 degree weather is the hardest part of the job but i do bundled up.Co- workers all get along and willing to help out when needed and me as . The most enjoyable part of my job are the kids stories and artwork they make me when the weather is cold and we are inside they create pics for me to hang up on my supply closet. Holidays at work are so much fun crafts made for each holiday and the kids love it. It s very rewarding to me when my kids see me everyday and i love to socialize which means a lot shows you care and they like all the attention as well. After each lunch I wash down my tables so each class has a disinfected area to eat it matters to me as well. My 3 hr after care program also with the older kids is special to me they enjoy all the fun stuff we make for the holidays and just everyday crafts and there parents are very grateful for my time and caring ways. I enjoy interacting with others it makes my day to put a smile on a face of any age group.
Good team of workers
Junior Surveyor (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Pros: met different people
Cons: standing outside
I start in this company as a surveyor assistant, in six months I have met so many surveyors who teached me a lot of things. Thereafter company give me the possibility to do jobs on my own, and I am very graceful, it is been wonderful experience. But in this moment after one year every day outside on the streets I want a bit chance to have another kind of job related to construction but not whole day on the streets.
SES Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2014
. Organize staff for tutoring sessions with students at site location. Training Tutors, Organizing In-services Trainings. Organize materials for K-12 grade tutoring sessions; make sure all paperwork data and materials are filed accordingly within each staff members’ and students’ folder. Submit, review and organize files in a timely matter according to state and federal standards. Enact conflict resolution. Communicate professionally and effectively with staff, school, parent, student and staff to continue a nondestructive educational environment thru verbal or written letters. Organize fire and safety drills monthly and regulate the hallways to prevent hazard of any nature. Manage employee hours in system. Recorded student's & tutors hours and program completion.
Huge learning experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, HR (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great hours, great pay
Cons: we are contractors, so you never know when your project will end. -
I enjoyed my several years here. Met a lot of great people, made a ton of friends that are dear to my heart! I started at SES when there was 25 people I have seen that company grow so much these last several years . We have grown people, contracts , hangars an so many new jobs with helicopters . I enjoyed my time there an hated so many got laid off .
Nice company benfits a great
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
Typical work day starts at 7:30 to 4
I enjoy the company and the benifits it
productive and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), hervey bay SESAugust 11, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: no cons
volunteer training, sandbagging, emergency services, safety training
excellent development of teaching process.
TUTOR (Former Employee), miamiMay 29, 2014
Work with students based on specific skills to develop: reading, math.
Practice from the easiest to the most difficult .
Student-centered approach .