SES Employee Reviews

Ses
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ29 August 2016
Good solid company, very interesting business (communications satellites). Excellent benefits, very health conscience, provides free onsite fitness classes during lunch, gym (free to employees), 10% discount in onsite cafeteria. Yearly company holiday or summer party. Generous vacation package.
Pros
benefits, people, satellite launches
Decent place.
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Allaince, Ohio21 July 2016
Good work place with good pay and benefits.
I enjoyed the people and working conditions.
Work hours are reasonable with adequate time off.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management structure is too flat.
Ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH9 May 2016
Good pay, good benefits. But the Co workers where sometimes really hard to deal with didn't want to pull their weight when it came to working.
Pros
had really good pay for the out of town jobs
Cons
personnel not pulling their own weight
Intense Working Environment
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Croydon Station, Greater London19 December 2016
A typical Day at work consists of making sure customers are secure and safe, around the station and designated area. Doing this job it is essential that you are aware at all times due to all the security risks and the high capacity of customers usually around. The hardest part of the job is having to direct customers when there are delays or strikes taking place.
Pros
Free Authorized Trave on southern trains
Cons
twelve hours shift
Varied work opportunities in event security
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea25 August 2016
I do work related tasks each day
I learning how to do work related tasks
Management do management related tasks each day
My co-workers do work related tasks each day
Pros
teamwork
Cons
long hours if you work in solo positions
Lack of Management
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Loughborough9 May 2016
The company needs to pay attention to their Quality Assurance issues.
As a small company they require a lot from their employees, but undermined any good suggestions or constructive criticism form people, who worked on much bigger projects, with larger companies.

Even though I met amazing people within team, but it has been very hard to work with some Senior Management due to their lack of experience of running multi-million pounds worth projects.

Company would benefit in Business Development and management courses.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Long hours, Underestimating more experienced employees
Lots of changes
LEO/HEO (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZ17 October 2016
Most of the co-workers are great can't say they have bad ones. I would say learning new things was enjoyable . Typical day, had more of something new every day and could go from one piece of Heavy Equipment to another. Management not bad for nine years .
Pros
Two breaks and lunch
Storm,flood and Tsunami assistance when required
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Goulburn NSW25 January 2017
State Emergency Service. Is the combat agency (Volunteer and paid), that assists the people in NSW with Flooding, storms, Tsunami, land searches, Rescues just to name a few.
fun work place
Tipper driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
was a fun work place for years with young managers who are friendly and polite to the staff, only left because we were forced because loss of contracts and decided to change jobs
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
low pay
Plumbing
Plumber/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre10 October 2016
I feel i am a good time keeper and a very hard working individual. I enjoy trying new things in the trade and i have always thrived doing new things in the job.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
no cons at all
Unorganized
Field Technician/General laborer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, IN13 September 2016
Its very unorganized they go against there employee work book regulations. My Co-workers are cool its just the Supervisor he really makes his employees feel uncomfortable .
Fast paced work
Stage Material Handler and Builder (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN30 May 2013
Starting early to load in,construct stage.Then load out after the show.Organize truss and stage pieces in the Warehouse.Management was good and supportive.The hardest part of the job,too much down time in between jobs. I learned how to construct a stage and what it takes to prepare for a show.It take all hands working together and cooperation from each co-worker.I enjoy the fact this is related to the Music industry.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough work and no benefits
very productive
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL10 August 2016
It was challenging for the most part trying to identify with these youths especially in High School. However, it was fun and exhilarating for me to see the dedication and response from these students.
Pros
Giving back to my community
Cons
Too short of a time span
No training, no guidance, no balance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY8 May 2013
There was little to no training available and even less guidance in the day to day "how to do your job" areas. The employees were great but the upper management, not so much. No benefits and excessively long work hours made this not a very ideal position if you have any type of family life.
Pros
Some flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not enough training, no benefits, longer than normal work hours
Huge learning experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, HR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL10 September 2014
I enjoyed my several years here. Met a lot of great people, made a ton of friends that are dear to my heart! I started at SES when there was 25 people I have seen that company grow so much these last several years . We have grown people, contracts , hangars an so many new jobs with helicopters . I enjoyed my time there an hated so many got laid off .
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great pay
Cons
we are contractors, so you never know when your project will end. -
unsociable and stale
security guard (Current Employee) –  South Elmsall24 February 2016
my current job "stale" there is not chance to move up. The hours are 10 hour shifts but with the rota we have been placed on there is no chance to socialise outside of work and the management don't listen to any of our requests or suggestions.
I have learned a lot from this job being punctual and smart reflects on the company and yourself , office management sorting files and paperwork, working as an individual and working with a variety of people with different backgrounds and beliefs.
Pros
made long term freinds
Cons
management and rota
Temporary Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tanner High School, Tanner Alabama23 October 2013
I knew going into the job that it was temporary. It is based on governmental funds and tutoring students at a disadvantage. I would oversee the program based at a local high school.
Pros
Snacks for Students after school and some one on one tutoring
Cons
salary was inconsistant
Productive and fun workplace
Software developer (Former Employee) –  A Coruña, A Coruña3 June 2016
Treatment of friendship and cordiality with other colleagues is excellent. Share knowledge, experiences both professional and personal.
good experience for all of us
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC12 June 2016
great family to work with I still keep in touch with them and have been fortunate to have know them and helped with their little boy
An ever changing environment requiring constant anticipation, adaptiveness and compentent decisions to be made.
Personal Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire9 March 2013
A typical day includes multiple diary co-ordination, pre-emptive working, ability to re-prioritise workloads quickly, working to changing deadlines and goals.

I learned a greater understanding of the engineering industry. Administration skills are easily transferrable but gaining a deeper understanding of the industry is a constantly changing and steep learning curve that I enjoyed very much.

Management and co-workers were supportive, response and proactive.

Hardest part of the job was to competently assist in other areas of the business eg HR, recruitment, staff issues as well as training co-ordination. This was also a very enjoyable aspect as I hadn't previously experienced this type of work.
Pros
excellent bonuses and corporate events
Cons
unappreciated despite long hours, extra assistance, outside working etc.

55%