SES Employee Reviews

unsociable and stale
security guard (Current Employee) –  South ElmsallFebruary 24, 2016
my current job "stale" there is not chance to move up. The hours are 10 hour shifts but with the rota we have been placed on there is no chance to socialise outside of work and the management don't listen to any of our requests or suggestions.
I have learned a lot from this job being punctual and smart reflects on the company and yourself , office management sorting files and paperwork, working as an individual and working with a variety of people with different backgrounds and beliefs.
Pros
made long term freinds
Cons
management and rota
Lack of Management
Lead Document Controller (Current Employee) –  LoughboroughMay 9, 2016
The company needs to pay attention to their Quality Assurance issues.
As a small company they require a lot from their employees, but undermined any good suggestions or constructive criticism form people, who worked on much bigger projects, with larger companies.

Even though I met amazing people within team, but it has been very hard to work with some Senior Management due to their lack of experience of running multi-million pounds worth projects.

Company would benefit in Business Development and management courses.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Long hours, Underestimating more experienced employees
Laid back, productive working place.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Penrith, NSWOctober 24, 2015
Responsibilities involved dressing mannequins, customer service, visual merchandising, advertising and promotions, cleaning racks, stock refill and sorting, transferring items, sorting delivery and pick up, floor maintenance and database management.
Pros
1 hour breaks, laid back environment, friendly staff
Cons
Unorganised, management staff too young
Ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2016
Good pay, good benefits. But the Co workers where sometimes really hard to deal with didn't want to pull their weight when it came to working.
Pros
had really good pay for the out of town jobs
Cons
personnel not pulling their own weight
Good experience but unbalalnced schedule and poor management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
Unperdictable schedule and rude staff and managers.We were always redoing work cause foreman and managers didn't know what was going on half the time
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2015
A lot of nepotism on the jobsite, but was able to learn alot, only seeking new employment due to work slowing. Enjoyed working on all the different types of equipment was able to operate more than one thing and learn new things. Management was good. We had to move a lot of material and there were a lot of trucks to load daily.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much work right now
fast paced work
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2015
Management is very bad. I got hired and then two months later was laid off. Management counted on contracts without actually having the work. Co-workers are awesome. Work envirnoment with management was you were always stepping on egg shells
Family owned business
Job Development & Placement / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Exciting Job with great people. The organization valued hard work and dedication. No politics. The most enjoyable park of my job was working alongside my colleagues and staff I supported.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
ses
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
you cleaned buildings pipes equipment pits use vac trucks roll offs work varies hours worked with a group of people. pay is not good
SES Americom in a nut shell
Network Controller Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VANovember 5, 2015
Pro

SES is a good company to work for.It genuinely trys to take care of the employees.

Con

Once you are in a position it is very hard to get anyone to move you to a more advanced position from the o3B NOC,because the technical lead at this NOC only promotes friends.
Huge learning experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, HR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed my several years here. Met a lot of great people, made a ton of friends that are dear to my heart! I started at SES when there was 25 people I have seen that company grow so much these last several years . We have grown people, contracts , hangars an so many new jobs with helicopters . I enjoyed my time there an hated so many got laid off .
Pros
great benefits, great hours, great pay
Cons
we are contractors, so you never know when your project will end. -
FUN AND ALWAYS BUSY
DRIVER AND INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  PHILADELPHIA, PASeptember 23, 2015
LOVE TO TRAVEL, THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS STAYING BUSY,COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMER, ALWAYS ON TIME. CO-WORKER ARE OKAY TO WORK WITH,ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES ITS CHALLENGING BUT WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO GET THROUGH IT. I HELP MY CO WORKER LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS, I RELOCATE TO DIFFRENT AREAS, MY BOSS IS VERY COOL TO WORK WITH.
Pros
THEY PAY IS WONDERFUL
Cons
SOMETIMES NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Fast paced work
Stage Material Handler and Builder (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2013
Starting early to load in,construct stage.Then load out after the show.Organize truss and stage pieces in the Warehouse.Management was good and supportive.The hardest part of the job,too much down time in between jobs. I learned how to construct a stage and what it takes to prepare for a show.It take all hands working together and cooperation from each co-worker.I enjoy the fact this is related to the Music industry.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough work and no benefits
No training, no guidance, no balance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2013
There was little to no training available and even less guidance in the day to day "how to do your job" areas. The employees were great but the upper management, not so much. No benefits and excessively long work hours made this not a very ideal position if you have any type of family life.
Pros
some flexibility in scheduling
Cons
not enough training, no benefits, longer than normal work hours
Learning new assesments we will use in the field when we get activated
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Green street TownsvilleSeptember 24, 2015
The State emergency service is a volunteer organisation. I enjoy being with the SES because they make me feel welcome and give me the opportunity to give back to the community.
Pros
Fun and Practical assessments
Cons
Great way to give back to community
Swift Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Cooma, NSWMay 2, 2015
SES is a great way to learn new skills and become part of a team within the community. Other volunteers are friendly and welcoming and work together in times of need to assist those who require it. The management is effective in local headquarters but the overall management could use a little refining. The most enjoyable things about SES is getting together to train and socialize with other like minded individuals.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Lack of organisation
Temporary Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tanner High School, Tanner AlabamaOctober 23, 2013
I knew going into the job that it was temporary. It is based on governmental funds and tutoring students at a disadvantage. I would oversee the program based at a local high school.
Pros
snacks for students after school and some one on one tutoring
Cons
salary was inconsistant
Nice company benfits a great
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2014
Typical work day starts at 7:30 to 4
I enjoy the company and the benifits it
An ever changing environment requiring constant anticipation, adaptiveness and compentent decisions to be made.
Personal Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Stafford, StaffordshireMarch 9, 2013
A typical day includes multiple diary co-ordination, pre-emptive working, ability to re-prioritise workloads quickly, working to changing deadlines and goals.

I learned a greater understanding of the engineering industry. Administration skills are easily transferrable but gaining a deeper understanding of the industry is a constantly changing and steep learning curve that I enjoyed very much.

Management and co-workers were supportive, response and proactive.

Hardest part of the job was to competently assist in other areas of the business eg HR, recruitment, staff issues as well as training co-ordination. This was also a very enjoyable aspect as I hadn't previously experienced this type of work.
Pros
excellent bonuses and corporate events
Cons
unappreciated despite long hours, extra assistance, outside working etc.
Contract Programmer
Contract Software developer. (Former Employee) –  Albury, NSWJune 23, 2015
Delphi Developer. Operated from Shepparton Vic, for Company in Albury. Worked off site via internet. Reported directly to the manager.

Products supplied Australia wide.
Pros
No travel
Cons
Infrequent feedback