Servus Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive & rewarding
Supervisor, Member Services (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB28 January 2017
Structured & organized.
Constant on going learning & advancement opportunities.
Management is excellent.
Workplace has a team spirit.
Building the business in the far north could be a challenge especially after the destructive fire that destroyed 1/2 of the community and then the downturn in the oil patch.
Most enjoyable was the daily challenge & ensuring everything was handled in the utmost professional & accountable manner.
Loved it!
Pros
Continued education
Cons
It was a fun job experience.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 January 2017
Working for Servus Credit Union was a lot of fun. I enjoyed working with the staff and management. I liked that it felt like we were all family. We worked together and it made work days go by fast.
Pros
Free Breakfast when you worked saturdays
Cons
Selling
flexible working hours
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
I learned a lot of things cause that is my first work experience in Accounting in Canada. My team lead and co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Flexible work time
Helping your community grow
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB20 April 2016
The job requires you to be flexible and friendly. You must be observant and able to help the members you see.
You learn a lot about finances and how the banking world works.
You deal with a lot of different types of individuals all day. You must be able to be friendly and adapt to each different situation.
Its a team player driven environment.
The best part is working with friendly, great people and being part of a community.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Busy environment
Electronic Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 April 2016
I worked here on a six month contract in the imaging department. Here we would scan all loan documents, eg car loans, mortgages etc.

Working here eased me back into the office work place environment after having worked from home.

The management were very nice and helpful, and the co-workers were friendly and accepting, considering I had come from a different country.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that the job was extremely repetitive.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that the job was very stress free.
Pros
Good company benefits/.
Cons
This job was repetitive.
friendly culture, everyone teams up for challenging tasks n supports each other
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2016
its a good place to work with people working as a team . you get to face challenges everyday which help you grow . timings are flexible
Pros
friendly culture
Good company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2016
Lots of advancement opportunity. Fantastic culture. Very community involved. Fun company to work for.
Awesome staff and friendly
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 March 2016
I worked full time which started at 7:30-8 am. I worked with numerous staff and made sure we all got along well. I enjoy working with the public and love to help people. A very well managed company. The hardest part was leaving the company. I love the people.
Awesome
IS system operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2016
Its a nice friendly working environment. I enjoy working at Servus Credit Union as it is simply one big happy family. We try to be the best we can be and deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
Very well balanced company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High River, AB5 January 2016
Extremely positive co-workers, I learned about financial planning, management was encouraging and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was directing clients with financial solutions appropriate to thier needs.
Pros
Respectable workplace
Cons
Sales demand requirements
enjoyable work
union Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 November 2015
I enjoyed my work with the credit union. I had to multi task through paper work and daily duties such as balancing and audit of atm and treasury as well as serving members with there daily banking. I would book appointments and help people with very unique financial situations. I had a great management team who were great coaches and leaders.

a hard part of the job would be an angry or upset member, but i would do my best to resolve the situation, either on my own or with management assistance. majority of the time it would be resolved and the member would leave satisfied.
positive ethics and overall great company.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 November 2015
Servus Credit Union is a fantastic company with in itself with good intentions. Unfortunately they tend to let bad management slide way too often. especially at the northgate branch in Grande Prairie.
Pros
great benefits, positive outlook, send you for training and pay for it.
Cons
Terrible management, unrealistic expectations, very hard to get time off.
Working for Servus Credit Union
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 September 2015
A typical day at Servus Credit Union consisted of working with the infrastructure team to manage backups and branch location servers to very everything stayed online and was backed up successfully. Some of the challenges were some of the older hardware that would fail and some of the politics around certifications.
Servus Credit Union is a brillient company to work for
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2015
I enjoy every part of my job & will be sorry to leave. I am only looking for another job due to my family relocating & Servus have no jobs available in that area.
Excellent and exciting place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 January 2016
I left t have my family and desperately wish I had stayed as servus was by far the best employer I have ever had the priviledge of working for
Great work/life balance with opportunity to move up.
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Commercial Services Group Edmonton, AB10 September 2015
Servus is a great place to work if you appreciate work life balance and opportunity.

If you work hard and excel at your job, advancement is awarded in positions.

The only downside is the technology as it is not up to date with what it could be.
Great company to work for.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 July 2014
A typical day work day for me is, doing ATM, organize till work from the day before and grab everything from the volt that we will need for the day. I learned about how the banking system works, and how to deal in stressful situation (such as during a robbery.) I enjoyed working with my co-workers as well as my supervisor and managers. I loved everything about my job, but the hardest part about my job is is trying to talk to the members about Master Cards, Home & Auto insurance, but that is something that I am currently working on with my supervisor.
Pros
Great opportunity, Calm work place.
Servus Credit Union
Snr Project Manager, Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2014
The company lacks of strong leadership (in particular in the IT and PMO departments) which makes it difficult for project manager to understand their accountability and to manage successfully projects. A lot of politics and lack of recognition of individual's performance provides demotivates project teams to deliver
Pros
Very nice collegues
Cons
Lack of leadership, lack of personal career development
Not Happy with working at SCU
Relationship Officer (Agriculture/Commercial Lend) (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB19 July 2012
- write credit for approval; interview prospective and existing members for loans
- Get along well with co-workers
- Management - manager seems to be singling me out as far as credit quality and deficiencies
- Hardest part of job is making my manager happy
- Enjoyable part is my co-workers
Pros
scu is generous and involved in community
Cons
management
Not a very responsible corporation
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High River, Alberta11 January 2014
They tend to invest in your training "initially" which naturally costs to recruit & train but they drop the ball in the "retain" part. They shy away from investing further into their existing employees financially to take courses (internal as well as external training). They say you can learn and grow and have a career there but in my experience, that definately isn't so. Therefore, if you are looking to grow with a company or in the finance world, I suggest look elsewhere as Servus isn't it. This company is an unethical organization with little integrity, after working here, I wouldn't even recommend being a "member" let alone an employee. Do as little as possible for their members and employees.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Gossip, Malicious, lazy and uncreative, high fees and unorganized.