Servus Credit Union Employee Reviews in Canada

Helping your community grow
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABApril 20, 2016
The job requires you to be flexible and friendly. You must be observant and able to help the members you see.
You learn a lot about finances and how the banking world works.
You deal with a lot of different types of individuals all day. You must be able to be friendly and adapt to each different situation.
Its a team player driven environment.
The best part is working with friendly, great people and being part of a community.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Busy environment
Electronic Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABApril 1, 2016
I worked here on a six month contract in the imaging department. Here we would scan all loan documents, eg car loans, mortgages etc.

Working here eased me back into the office work place environment after having worked from home.

The management were very nice and helpful, and the co-workers were friendly and accepting, considering I had come from a different country.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that the job was extremely repetitive.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that the job was very stress free.
Pros
Good company benefits/.
Cons
This job was repetitive.
Awesome staff and friendly
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 6, 2016
I worked full time which started at 7:30-8 am. I worked with numerous staff and made sure we all got along well. I enjoy working with the public and love to help people. A very well managed company. The hardest part was leaving the company. I love the people.
friendly culture, everyone teams up for challenging tasks n supports each other
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2016
its a good place to work with people working as a team . you get to face challenges everyday which help you grow . timings are flexible
Pros
friendly culture
Very well balanced company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High River, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Extremely positive co-workers, I learned about financial planning, management was encouraging and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was directing clients with financial solutions appropriate to thier needs.
Pros
Respectable workplace
Cons
Sales demand requirements
positive ethics and overall great company.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 24, 2015
Servus Credit Union is a fantastic company with in itself with good intentions. Unfortunately they tend to let bad management slide way too often. especially at the northgate branch in Grande Prairie.
Pros
great benefits, positive outlook, send you for training and pay for it.
Cons
Terrible management, unrealistic expectations, very hard to get time off.
enjoyable work
union Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my work with the credit union. I had to multi task through paper work and daily duties such as balancing and audit of atm and treasury as well as serving members with there daily banking. I would book appointments and help people with very unique financial situations. I had a great management team who were great coaches and leaders.

a hard part of the job would be an angry or upset member, but i would do my best to resolve the situation, either on my own or with management assistance. majority of the time it would be resolved and the member would leave satisfied.
Awesome
IS system operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2016
Its a nice friendly working environment. I enjoy working at Servus Credit Union as it is simply one big happy family. We try to be the best we can be and deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
Servus Credit Union is a brillient company to work for
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Suffield, ABDecember 2, 2015
I enjoy every part of my job & will be sorry to leave. I am only looking for another job due to my family relocating & Servus have no jobs available in that area.
Excellent and exciting place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 20, 2016
I left t have my family and desperately wish I had stayed as servus was by far the best employer I have ever had the priviledge of working for
Working for Servus Credit Union
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 2, 2015
A typical day at Servus Credit Union consisted of working with the infrastructure team to manage backups and branch location servers to very everything stayed online and was backed up successfully. Some of the challenges were some of the older hardware that would fail and some of the politics around certifications.
Great work/life balance with opportunity to move up.
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Commercial Services Group Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Servus is a great place to work if you appreciate work life balance and opportunity.

If you work hard and excel at your job, advancement is awarded in positions.

The only downside is the technology as it is not up to date with what it could be.
really unfortunate
teller (Former Employee) –  edmontonFebruary 20, 2015
Servus provides a month of training for their newly hired MSRs. That's great, but the rest is an utter disappointment. For once, they make you think that banks treat their clients as if they are nobody's. This is so untrue as I once worked for one of the Big 5. Second, the operating system tellers are using is the slowest most dated system I have ever seen. Coming from one of the Big 5, I literally had to dumb myself in order to understand their system. Another thing is, tellers use no pinpads. As tellers, we are mandated to ask the client for their D/L everytime they are in branch. And so, if a client is in the branch for 10 times that day, he will have to give his D/L ten times; that is what we were told. And another thing, they say that they treat their employees and their clients way better. If it is so, how come that when 15 tellers were newly hired, only one is full-time. A very horrible workplace.
Cons
unfair treatment
Good job and Decent organization, just going through growing pains
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 17, 2015
Not a bad place to work.

The company went through significant merger a number of years ago and they are still working through all the details of operating 3 credit unions as one credit union.
Horrible experience
Registry Agent (Former Employee) –  Entwistle, ABDecember 13, 2014
It makes me sad how unprofessional it is. Made me uncomfortable how all employees talked about each other. Talked about clients. The management is on a power trip. No sick time if you have children, they expect you to make alternate arrangements or you do not get paid got those days.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
unprofessional
Great company to work for.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2014
A typical day work day for me is, doing ATM, organize till work from the day before and grab everything from the volt that we will need for the day. I learned about how the banking system works, and how to deal in stressful situation (such as during a robbery.) I enjoyed working with my co-workers as well as my supervisor and managers. I loved everything about my job, but the hardest part about my job is is trying to talk to the members about Master Cards, Home & Auto insurance, but that is something that I am currently working on with my supervisor.
Pros
great opportunity, calm work place.
Servus Credit Union
Snr Project Manager, Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2014
The company lacks of strong leadership (in particular in the IT and PMO departments) which makes it difficult for project manager to understand their accountability and to manage successfully projects. A lot of politics and lack of recognition of individual's performance provides demotivates project teams to deliver
Pros
very nice collegues
Cons
lack of leadership, lack of personal career development
Sales Culture in all banks
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Would work from 8:00 to 5:00. Some saturdays were required. Long hours and stress in sales goals was the status quo. Still a nice company to work for managers helped with sales problems and work life balance was stressed.
Not a very responsible corporation
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High River, AlbertaJanuary 11, 2014
They tend to invest in your training "initially" which naturally costs to recruit & train but they drop the ball in the "retain" part. They shy away from investing further into their existing employees financially to take courses (internal as well as external training). They say you can learn and grow and have a career there but in my experience, that definately isn't so. Therefore, if you are looking to grow with a company or in the finance world, I suggest look elsewhere as Servus isn't it. This company is an unethical organization with little integrity, after working here, I wouldn't even recommend being a "member" let alone an employee. Do as little as possible for their members and employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
gossip, malicious, lazy and uncreative, high fees and unorganized.
Not Happy with working at SCU
Relationship Officer (Agriculture/Commercial Lend) (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, ABJuly 19, 2012
- write credit for approval; interview prospective and existing members for loans
- Get along well with co-workers
- Management - manager seems to be singling me out as far as credit quality and deficiencies
- Hardest part of job is making my manager happy
- Enjoyable part is my co-workers
Pros
scu is generous and involved in community
Cons
management