Servus Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work lost of internal promotion
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB31 May 2017
Loved working here, loved my managers.
I only left because moving away again. Must be good with technology and a quick learner. Not a job anyone can do. And you have to stay very up to date on anti money laundering laws so there is a bit of a school aspect to it as well (even tests haha). Not a job for lazy people but if you like to stay busy and have the days fly by it's great. (If your at a busy location like I was)
Pros
Lots of gift cards and prizes when you meet targets
Cons
meeting targets goals sometimes makes it stressful if you fall behind
Very Low Engagement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
Seems at times that they are no different than the big banks, product dumping with zero leadership.
Management has no clue about how to support their teams.
culture is split between two regions that still feels like two companies.
The computer systems are from the 90's takes 4 hours to input a credit application. All documents get sent in the bag no doc imaging so be prepared for them to loose your files and have to call your clients back to redo documents.
Bilingual call center representative
Associate Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
I would handling inbound calls, where clients are calling to inquire about their account, daily transaction, payment by telephone banking. It was a friendly environment. There was free courses given to the staff on a monthly bases.
Loved interacting with the members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, AB2 March 2017
Always enjoyed seeing familiar faces as well as welcoming new ones. I learnt a lot over the period of 7 years. Banking is not just deposits and withdrawals. It is getting to know your member and assisting them in making their money work for them in the most effective way.

The hardest part was watching people come in and question on Estate Accounts. Being in a small community you meet a lot of families. To know what they are going through breaks your heart. It has nothing to do with banking, but everything to do with knowing your member.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
members complaining of to many sales being pushed on them
Productive & rewarding
Supervisor, Member Services (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB28 January 2017
Structured & organized.
Constant on going learning & advancement opportunities.
Management is excellent.
Workplace has a team spirit.
Building the business in the far north could be a challenge especially after the destructive fire that destroyed 1/2 of the community and then the downturn in the oil patch.
Most enjoyable was the daily challenge & ensuring everything was handled in the utmost professional & accountable manner.
Loved it!
Pros
Continued education
Cons
It was a fun job experience.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 January 2017
Working for Servus Credit Union was a lot of fun. I enjoyed working with the staff and management. I liked that it felt like we were all family. We worked together and it made work days go by fast.
Pros
Free Breakfast when you worked saturdays
Cons
Selling
flexible working hours
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
I learned a lot of things cause that is my first work experience in Accounting in Canada. My team lead and co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Flexible work time
Good company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2016
Lots of advancement opportunity. Fantastic culture. Very community involved. Fun company to work for.
friendly culture, everyone teams up for challenging tasks n supports each other
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2016
its a good place to work with people working as a team . you get to face challenges everyday which help you grow . timings are flexible
Pros
friendly culture
Helping your community grow
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB20 April 2016
The job requires you to be flexible and friendly. You must be observant and able to help the members you see.
You learn a lot about finances and how the banking world works.
You deal with a lot of different types of individuals all day. You must be able to be friendly and adapt to each different situation.
Its a team player driven environment.
The best part is working with friendly, great people and being part of a community.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Awesome
IS system operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2016
Its a nice friendly working environment. I enjoy working at Servus Credit Union as it is simply one big happy family. We try to be the best we can be and deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
Busy environment
Electronic Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 April 2016
I worked here on a six month contract in the imaging department. Here we would scan all loan documents, eg car loans, mortgages etc.

Working here eased me back into the office work place environment after having worked from home.

The management were very nice and helpful, and the co-workers were friendly and accepting, considering I had come from a different country.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that the job was extremely repetitive.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that the job was very stress free.
Pros
Good company benefits/.
Cons
This job was repetitive.
Awesome staff and friendly
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 March 2016
I worked full time which started at 7:30-8 am. I worked with numerous staff and made sure we all got along well. I enjoy working with the public and love to help people. A very well managed company. The hardest part was leaving the company. I love the people.
Excellent and exciting place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 January 2016
I left t have my family and desperately wish I had stayed as servus was by far the best employer I have ever had the priviledge of working for
Very well balanced company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High River, AB5 January 2016
Extremely positive co-workers, I learned about financial planning, management was encouraging and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was directing clients with financial solutions appropriate to thier needs.
Pros
Respectable workplace
Cons
Sales demand requirements
Servus Credit Union is a brillient company to work for
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Suffield, AB2 December 2015
I enjoy every part of my job & will be sorry to leave. I am only looking for another job due to my family relocating & Servus have no jobs available in that area.
positive ethics and overall great company.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 November 2015
Servus Credit Union is a fantastic company with in itself with good intentions. Unfortunately they tend to let bad management slide way too often. especially at the northgate branch in Grande Prairie.
Pros
great benefits, positive outlook, send you for training and pay for it.
Cons
Terrible management, unrealistic expectations, very hard to get time off.
enjoyable work
union Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 November 2015
I enjoyed my work with the credit union. I had to multi task through paper work and daily duties such as balancing and audit of atm and treasury as well as serving members with there daily banking. I would book appointments and help people with very unique financial situations. I had a great management team who were great coaches and leaders.

a hard part of the job would be an angry or upset member, but i would do my best to resolve the situation, either on my own or with management assistance. majority of the time it would be resolved and the member would leave satisfied.
Great work/life balance with opportunity to move up.
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Commercial Services Group Edmonton, AB10 September 2015
Servus is a great place to work if you appreciate work life balance and opportunity.

If you work hard and excel at your job, advancement is awarded in positions.

The only downside is the technology as it is not up to date with what it could be.
Working for Servus Credit Union
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 September 2015
A typical day at Servus Credit Union consisted of working with the infrastructure team to manage backups and branch location servers to very everything stayed online and was backed up successfully. Some of the challenges were some of the older hardware that would fail and some of the politics around certifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servus Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval