Servisair Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place for immigrant to start.
Passenger agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2014
I worked as passenger agent. Last 2 years company cut employee and I worked by myself during the night shift, because I didn't have enough seniority to work during the day . I handle situation with customers doing arrivals and re booking. I can not complain, this position gave me the chance to learn French and prove English. It was a good place for immigrant whom has just arrived in Canada. I can tell that situation was different as a customers as well. But I'm glad that I had such opportunity to work at Airport in Montreal. I've learned something new, and now I can add completely new field in my CV.
Pros
good insurance coverage
Fun place to work, but horrible management.
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
It wasn't the best job I had but it was one not to forget. There were good times an some really bad times. But I would recommend other companies to work for.
WAGES R NEVER PAID PROPERLY.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee) –  EDMONTON AIRPORTFebruary 21, 2015
THIS A REALLY BAD COMPANY WITH UNTRAINED SUPERVISORS/LEADS WITH HIRING DAILY OR BORROWING FROM OTHER AIRPORTS PERSONELS AS WORKERS QUIT THIS JOBS DAILY.TOO MUCH PRESSURE FROM UNTRAINED LEAD HANDS THAT MAKE ATTENDANTS TENSE TO EITHER LEAVE THE JOB OR TO GET MAD
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2014
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
Pros
medical coverage
Cons
4 hours per shift is kind of short
Daily routine
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson AirportSeptember 10, 2012
Every Morning i would set up wheel chairs for flights, then would insure all peole who requested a wheel chair were accounted for. I learned with handling wheel chair passngers that sensitivity is key to this compenent of the job due to the passengers valnerabilty of them trusting someone they do not know so my job would be to make their expirence a good one by providing conversation and asking them how their flight was things to make them feel at ease. My co-workers were fantastic we really worked as a team to complete the goal of getting all passngers through the arrivals area, everyone was friendly and was very easy to trust, the hardest thing i encountered when working was the long walking distances of the airport, the airport is quite huge so gettting to each section would take alot of you regardless of fitness level but i got use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job was having good conversations with people.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
no lunches
Lead Agent & Check-in Agent
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 10, 2013
• Handling customer inquiries
• Advising and follow up communications with flight crew and ramp agents
• Assisting passengers who require special handling
• Extensive use of airline computers
• Training new employees in an operative way that meets the standard of the company
• Ticketing, passenger check-in and provide fast and friendly service
• Performing duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers
• In charge of the gates and responsible of all the paper work
• Leading agents to do their jobs in an organized and efficient way
good place to work, for minimum wage
Ground Handler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Nova ScotiaAugust 13, 2013
as long as you don't mind having your schedule change almost every week, and don't mind being underpaid for the job, then servisair is for you.
Pros
benefits are really good
Cons
schedule varies
always busy
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NSFebruary 13, 2015
labor intensive job never work alone doing any job great people to work with if you can stand working outside in all weather conditions its your place towork
a decient place to work, good co-workers.
Deicing/Ground Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto intl. airport.June 18, 2013
De icing of aircrafts, day to day maintenance of trucks and the facility.
Pros
paid lunches, 6 weeks vacation, benefits.
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2014
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.
Pros
gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons
worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Specialist & Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
check in passengers and make sure that they have the proper documentation for travel
board passengers onto the plane
neat and clean place to work
customer care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
very clean environment to work. feel relax during job. everybody willl enjoy to work here
Excellent learning experience in regards to Customer Service
*** (Current Employee) –  **September 26, 2014
Shifts Varied
Fast Paced
Check in passengers
Board passengers
Great company
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Dorval,QCApril 24, 2012
My day at servisair consisted of offloading and loading passenger baggage . My duty's as a Ramp Lead were to make sure the Ramp Agents are performing their duty's in a timely fashion in a safety first environment. I had to also make sure the outbound flights had no delays.
Bad management, reason for being bought out by swissport.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Pearson Intl. AirportJune 3, 2014
Usually at work and doing two people's job at once. Senior employee's didn't work and left most work to junior employee's.
Working in this job makes you energize.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 9, 2013
In this company the team always works as one to make the flight on time.
Pros
free exercise
Cons
can extend a piriod of time.
good company
Ground service specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
good place to work , you meet different people ,perfect job for a person who loves planes
Pros
less tention
Cons
odd hours / exposure to weather
Fun workplace
CHEF D'EQUIPE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2014
Great Team and challenging work environment.
Flexible working hours.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
not well paid
Airport Environment
Customer Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  torontoJanuary 12, 2014
Decent company to get into if you want to start working at the airport
Management is a joke
N/ (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2013
All I can say, there is better money to be made across the highway in nisku