Servisair Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment. Fast paced, but exciting.
Deing Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2014
Fantastic working environment. Management works with employees.
Many different job opportunities. Management encourages continuous education and self-growth.
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, On28 October 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
Excellent learning experience in regards to Customer Service
*** (Current Employee) –  **26 September 2014
Shifts Varied
Fast Paced
Check in passengers
Board passengers
Good people to work with, laid back environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 September 2014
-Long hours
-no benefits
-good people to work with
-not an overly stressful job
-a lot of downtime
-not paid enough
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick UK10 September 2014
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Grumpy passengers
neat and clean place to work
customer care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2014
very clean environment to work. feel relax during job. everybody willl enjoy to work here
Bad management, reason for being bought out by swissport.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Pearson Intl. Airport3 June 2014
Usually at work and doing two people's job at once. Senior employee's didn't work and left most work to junior employee's.
Incredibly high turnover rate
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2014
Physically demanding job (loading/unloading luggage) that paid minimum wage and had no benefits. Good for those willing to tough it out for the long term and hopefully get a raise and benefits down the road.
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2014
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
Pros
medical coverage
Cons
4 hours per shift is kind of short
If you like planes it's for you!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Enfeild, NS11 March 2014
I am mixed on this job. It was my favorite job when it comes to the work. I loved being a rampy. But the pay is low, the hours can be bad and it if you don't have a car it can be hard to get to work.

I loved the people for the most part, Supervisors were quite nice, and it has a lot of advancement opportunities. The benefit's were great but the pay is minimum wage. The great thing about being part time here is the extra hours you can get. If you work a four hour shift and they ask you to work extra, you are paid time and a half from the end of your scheduled shift. For me it was great! I banked the OT hours to make sure I had enough when slow season came in.

The schedule was very flexible. And management would do their best to adjust the schedule to your needs. I do recommend this job to anyone starting out and then some. It was a five star job for sure. But demanding and strict rules to hold a red pass.
Pros
People, Hours, flexible, overtime if you choose, benifits
Cons
Low wages, early and late shifts, split shifts.
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2014
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.
Pros
Gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons
Worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Fun workplace
CHEF D'EQUIPE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2014
Great Team and challenging work environment.
Flexible working hours.
Pros
Flexibility of Hours
Cons
Not well paid
good company
Ground service specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2014
good place to work , you meet different people ,perfect job for a person who loves planes
Pros
less tention
Cons
odd hours / exposure to weather
Airport Environment
Customer Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  toronto12 January 2014
Decent company to get into if you want to start working at the airport
Lead Agent & Check-in Agent
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON10 November 2013
• Handling customer inquiries
• Advising and follow up communications with flight crew and ramp agents
• Assisting passengers who require special handling
• Extensive use of airline computers
• Training new employees in an operative way that meets the standard of the company
• Ticketing, passenger check-in and provide fast and friendly service
• Performing duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers
• In charge of the gates and responsible of all the paper work
• Leading agents to do their jobs in an organized and efficient way
good place to work, for minimum wage
Ground Handler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Nova Scotia13 August 2013
as long as you don't mind having your schedule change almost every week, and don't mind being underpaid for the job, then servisair is for you.
Pros
benefits are really good
Cons
schedule varies
Meet interesting people every day
Assist passengers (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2013
Its a fast pace environment, where deadlines are crucial. Servisair is a big company that specialises in airport customer service around the world. The job is good, although there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary
a decient place to work, good co-workers.
Deicing/Ground Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto intl. airport.18 June 2013
De icing of aircrafts, day to day maintenance of trucks and the facility.
Pros
paid lunches, 6 weeks vacation, benefits.
Fast pace work environemnt where you are expected to perform many tasks at the same time.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2013
A typical day at work includes meeting and greeting all sorts of passengers from various backgrounds and addressing their needs while following the workplace policies and procedures. It is also a team driven work environment where you are responsible to perform many functions at the same time.

While being at this job I have learned that pleasing a customer is not as easy as it sounds. They always want more than what they are being offered. It takes patience, good communication and people's skills in order to satisfy and understand their needs.This job has also helped me to groom my customer service skills. After working in fast pace environment where you have to be very careful when dealing with customers, i have been able to enhance my problem solving abilities

Management is based on corporate culture.

Co-workers who work at this organization range within all age groups.

The hardest part of the job is to make passengers happy while at the same time making sure that company's rules and regulations are not violated.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to meet and know all sorts of people from various backgrounds.
Pros
Benefits such as health and dental insurane
Cons
Early morning shifts, midnight shifts
Enjoy and gain experiences from working with Servisair
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2013
Servisair is a good company. I have learned lots of experience whenever I go to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help you anytime you need. As everyone knows that Airline field is time pressure; Therefore well management and well prepared are the must. I am very proud to be working with Servisair because all management team do well done for . The hardest part is dealing with the passengers. They are sometimes rude and unpredictable to please them. However, all management team and coworkers are nice so I can enjoy working there
Pros
free parking
Cons
short hours