Servisair Employee Reviews

Great company
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Dorval,QCApril 24, 2012
My day at servisair consisted of offloading and loading passenger baggage . My duty's as a Ramp Lead were to make sure the Ramp Agents are performing their duty's in a timely fashion in a safety first environment. I had to also make sure the outbound flights had no delays.
Daily routine
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson AirportSeptember 10, 2012
Every Morning i would set up wheel chairs for flights, then would insure all peole who requested a wheel chair were accounted for. I learned with handling wheel chair passngers that sensitivity is key to this compenent of the job due to the passengers valnerabilty of them trusting someone they do not know so my job would be to make their expirence a good one by providing conversation and asking them how their flight was things to make them feel at ease. My co-workers were fantastic we really worked as a team to complete the goal of getting all passngers through the arrivals area, everyone was friendly and was very easy to trust, the hardest thing i encountered when working was the long walking distances of the airport, the airport is quite huge so gettting to each section would take alot of you regardless of fitness level but i got use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job was having good conversations with people.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
no lunches
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2014
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
Pros
medical coverage
Cons
4 hours per shift is kind of short
Meet interesting people every day
Assist passengers (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
Its a fast pace environment, where deadlines are crucial. Servisair is a big company that specialises in airport customer service around the world. The job is good, although there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary
If you like planes it's for you!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Enfeild, NSMarch 11, 2014
I am mixed on this job. It was my favorite job when it comes to the work. I loved being a rampy. But the pay is low, the hours can be bad and it if you don't have a car it can be hard to get to work.

I loved the people for the most part, Supervisors were quite nice, and it has a lot of advancement opportunities. The benefit's were great but the pay is minimum wage. The great thing about being part time here is the extra hours you can get. If you work a four hour shift and they ask you to work extra, you are paid time and a half from the end of your scheduled shift. For me it was great! I banked the OT hours to make sure I had enough when slow season came in.

The schedule was very flexible. And management would do their best to adjust the schedule to your needs. I do recommend this job to anyone starting out and then some. It was a five star job for sure. But demanding and strict rules to hold a red pass.
Pros
people, hours, flexible, overtime if you choose, benifits
Cons
low wages, early and late shifts, split shifts.
Never a dull moment. Fast paced, but exciting.
Deing Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2014
Fantastic working environment. Management works with employees.
Many different job opportunities. Management encourages continuous education and self-growth.
Incredibly high turnover rate
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2014
Physically demanding job (loading/unloading luggage) that paid minimum wage and had no benefits. Good for those willing to tough it out for the long term and hopefully get a raise and benefits down the road.
always busy
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NSFebruary 13, 2015
labor intensive job never work alone doing any job great people to work with if you can stand working outside in all weather conditions its your place towork
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Specialist & Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
check in passengers and make sure that they have the proper documentation for travel
board passengers onto the plane
good place to work, for minimum wage
Ground Handler (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Nova ScotiaAugust 13, 2013
as long as you don't mind having your schedule change almost every week, and don't mind being underpaid for the job, then servisair is for you.
Pros
benefits are really good
Cons
schedule varies
Bad management, reason for being bought out by swissport.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Pearson Intl. AirportJune 3, 2014
Usually at work and doing two people's job at once. Senior employee's didn't work and left most work to junior employee's.
Good people to work with, laid back environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 23, 2014
-Long hours
-no benefits
-good people to work with
-not an overly stressful job
-a lot of downtime
-not paid enough
a decient place to work, good co-workers.
Deicing/Ground Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto intl. airport.June 18, 2013
De icing of aircrafts, day to day maintenance of trucks and the facility.
Pros
paid lunches, 6 weeks vacation, benefits.
good company
Ground service specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2014
good place to work , you meet different people ,perfect job for a person who loves planes
Pros
less tention
Cons
odd hours / exposure to weather
Working in this job makes you energize.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 9, 2013
In this company the team always works as one to make the flight on time.
Pros
free exercise
Cons
can extend a piriod of time.
Excellent learning experience in regards to Customer Service
*** (Current Employee) –  **September 26, 2014
Shifts Varied
Fast Paced
Check in passengers
Board passengers
neat and clean place to work
customer care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
very clean environment to work. feel relax during job. everybody willl enjoy to work here
Fun workplace
CHEF D'EQUIPE (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 7, 2014
Great Team and challenging work environment.
Flexible working hours.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
not well paid
Airport Environment
Customer Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  torontoJanuary 12, 2014
Decent company to get into if you want to start working at the airport
Management is a joke
N/ (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2013
All I can say, there is better money to be made across the highway in nisku