Servisair Employee Reviews

Great Organization
General Manager Fuel Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2017
Equal opportunity company, attentive to customer needs, employee centric, interactive work environment, management groups aligned for execution of project.
Pros
Very dynamic, market driven, collaborative, organized
Cons
Good job for single people
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Part time job with low salaries, lots of late and overnight hours. Very long waiting period for work advancement. Lots of walking, over for 4 of standing next to the checking counters, lifting heavy baggage.
Pros
Overnight hours, minimum wage salaries
team work
customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2016
they ae all strict whwn it comes to handling their agents sometimes they are being rude and unprofessional but good things here we have a right to talk about the issue and they are willing to listen
Pros
long hour
Cons
hard to get vacation
fun place to work at. a lot of nice people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
-fun place
-help passengers
-co-workers are nice
-hardest part is pushing wheel chairs
-meet people around the world
-witness many things
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
pays short
De-Icing and Ground Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2015
This company treats workers with 30 years of service just as someone who has worked three days most managers have grade two schooling what ever you did fir them yesterday is nip ever good today this company sucks
Benefits
Cons
Love to be working directly with passengers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2015
I start by Greeting the passenger and asking how there day has been going so far, I take their Passport and visas if required and verify all information accordingly and if available i will ask passenger if they would like a window or an aisle seat. I take their luggage and weigh it, tag the baggage and send it down the belt to be loaded. I present the passenger with his boarding pass and return their Passport and all other documents back to the passenger and direct them to the gate.
Overall the risks outweigh the advantages
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC11 December 2014
The company offers a flexible schedule and overtime, those being about the only advantages to the job. Most of the equipment is old and malfunctions, any times the agents have to handle luggage or cargo well over 70lbs manually, in tight spots(cargo hold).The agents are exposed to the various dangers of working around a plane that is either landing or about to take off. The co-workers and direct management are a colored and diverse group, some good some bad.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low salary, security on the job
Good place for immigrant to start.
Passenger agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2014
I worked as passenger agent. Last 2 years company cut employee and I worked by myself during the night shift, because I didn't have enough seniority to work during the day . I handle situation with customers doing arrivals and re booking. I can not complain, this position gave me the chance to learn French and prove English. It was a good place for immigrant whom has just arrived in Canada. I can tell that situation was different as a customers as well. But I'm glad that I had such opportunity to work at Airport in Montreal. I've learned something new, and now I can add completely new field in my CV.
Pros
Good insurance coverage
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, On28 October 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick UK10 September 2014
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Grumpy passengers
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2014
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.
Pros
Gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons
Worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Enjoy and gain experiences from working with Servisair
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2013
Servisair is a good company. I have learned lots of experience whenever I go to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help you anytime you need. As everyone knows that Airline field is time pressure; Therefore well management and well prepared are the must. I am very proud to be working with Servisair because all management team do well done for . The hardest part is dealing with the passengers. They are sometimes rude and unpredictable to please them. However, all management team and coworkers are nice so I can enjoy working there
Pros
free parking
Cons
short hours
Lead Agent & Check-in Agent
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON10 November 2013
• Handling customer inquiries
• Advising and follow up communications with flight crew and ramp agents
• Assisting passengers who require special handling
• Extensive use of airline computers
• Training new employees in an operative way that meets the standard of the company
• Ticketing, passenger check-in and provide fast and friendly service
• Performing duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers
• In charge of the gates and responsible of all the paper work
• Leading agents to do their jobs in an organized and efficient way
Hard job yet fun job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2015
I had a great time there. The work is very stressful and the pay wasn't enough to compare with the amount of efforts you have to put in. This is an opinionated review which I am writing solely based on my experience there.
Pros
Lots of hours and lots of overtime
Cons
Pay was low compared to the stress you have to go through
WAGES R NEVER PAID PROPERLY.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee) –  EDMONTON AIRPORT21 February 2015
THIS A REALLY BAD COMPANY WITH UNTRAINED SUPERVISORS/LEADS WITH HIRING DAILY OR BORROWING FROM OTHER AIRPORTS PERSONELS AS WORKERS QUIT THIS JOBS DAILY.TOO MUCH PRESSURE FROM UNTRAINED LEAD HANDS THAT MAKE ATTENDANTS TENSE TO EITHER LEAVE THE JOB OR TO GET MAD
Very good peer workers.
Air Transat Airlines- Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  LBPI Airport27 June 2015
Flexiable schedule.

Great management.

Great atmosphere

You will meet a variety of customers.

You will learn about diffrent documents, needed for destinations.
Great company
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Dorval,QC24 April 2012
My day at servisair consisted of offloading and loading passenger baggage . My duty's as a Ramp Lead were to make sure the Ramp Agents are performing their duty's in a timely fashion in a safety first environment. I had to also make sure the outbound flights had no delays.
Daily routine
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson Airport10 September 2012
Every Morning i would set up wheel chairs for flights, then would insure all peole who requested a wheel chair were accounted for. I learned with handling wheel chair passngers that sensitivity is key to this compenent of the job due to the passengers valnerabilty of them trusting someone they do not know so my job would be to make their expirence a good one by providing conversation and asking them how their flight was things to make them feel at ease. My co-workers were fantastic we really worked as a team to complete the goal of getting all passngers through the arrivals area, everyone was friendly and was very easy to trust, the hardest thing i encountered when working was the long walking distances of the airport, the airport is quite huge so gettting to each section would take alot of you regardless of fitness level but i got use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job was having good conversations with people.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
no lunches
Meet interesting people every day
Assist passengers (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2013
Its a fast pace environment, where deadlines are crucial. Servisair is a big company that specialises in airport customer service around the world. The job is good, although there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2014
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
Pros
medical coverage
Cons
4 hours per shift is kind of short