Servisair Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace work environemnt where you are expected to perform many tasks at the same time.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: benefits such as health and dental insurane
Cons: early morning shifts, midnight shifts
A typical day at work includes meeting and greeting all sorts of passengers from various backgrounds and addressing their needs while following the workplace policies and procedures. It is also a team driven work environment where you are responsible to perform many functions at the same time.

While being at this job I have learned that pleasing a customer is not as easy as it sounds. They always want more than what they are being offered. It takes patience, good communication and people's skills in order to satisfy and understand their needs.This job has also helped me to groom my customer service skills. After working in fast pace environment where you have to be very careful when dealing with customers, i have been able to enhance my problem solving abilities

Management is based on corporate culture.

Co-workers who work at this organization range within all age groups.

The hardest part of the job is to make passengers happy while at the same time making sure that company's rules and regulations are not violated.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to meet and know all sorts of people from various backgrounds.
Daily routine
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto Pearson AirportSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: overtime available
Cons: no lunches
Every Morning i would set up wheel chairs for flights, then would insure all peole who requested a wheel chair were accounted for. I learned with handling wheel chair passngers that sensitivity is key to this compenent of the job due to the passengers valnerabilty of them trusting someone they do not know so my job would be to make their expirence a good one by providing conversation and asking them how their flight was things to make them feel at ease. My co-workers were fantastic we really worked as a team to complete the goal of getting all passngers through the arrivals area, everyone was friendly and was very easy to trust, the hardest thing i encountered when working was the long walking distances of the airport, the airport is quite huge so gettting to each section would take alot of you regardless of fitness level but i got use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job was having good conversations with people.
If you like planes it's for you!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee), Enfeild, NSMarch 11, 2014
Pros: people, hours, flexible, overtime if you choose, benifits
Cons: low wages, early and late shifts, split shifts.
I am mixed on this job. It was my favorite job when it comes to the work. I loved being a rampy. But the pay is low, the hours can be bad and it if you don't have a car it can be hard to get to work.

I loved the people for the most part, Supervisors were quite nice, and it has a lot of advancement opportunities. The benefit's were great but the pay is minimum wage. The great thing about being part time here is the extra hours you can get. If you work a four hour shift and they ask you to work extra, you are paid time and a half from the end of your scheduled shift. For me it was great! I banked the OT hours to make sure I had enough when slow season came in.

The schedule was very flexible. And management would do their best to adjust the schedule to your needs. I do recommend this job to anyone starting out and then some. It was a five star job for sure. But demanding and strict rules to hold a red pass.
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2014
Pros: medical coverage
Cons: 4 hours per shift is kind of short
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
Good place for immigrant to start.
Passenger agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good insurance coverage
I worked as passenger agent. Last 2 years company cut employee and I worked by myself during the night shift, because I didn't have enough seniority to work during the day . I handle situation with customers doing arrivals and re booking. I can not complain, this position gave me the chance to learn French and prove English. It was a good place for immigrant whom has just arrived in Canada. I can tell that situation was different as a customers as well. But I'm glad that I had such opportunity to work at Airport in Montreal. I've learned something new, and now I can add completely new field in my CV.
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee), Gatwick UKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: cheap travel
Cons: grumpy passengers
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
Enjoy and gain experiences from working with Servisair
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: short hours
Servisair is a good company. I have learned lots of experience whenever I go to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help you anytime you need. As everyone knows that Airline field is time pressure; Therefore well management and well prepared are the must. I am very proud to be working with Servisair because all management team do well done for . The hardest part is dealing with the passengers. They are sometimes rude and unpredictable to please them. However, all management team and coworkers are nice so I can enjoy working there
Lead Agent & Check-in Agent
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto,ONNovember 10, 2013
• Handling customer inquiries
• Advising and follow up communications with flight crew and ramp agents
• Assisting passengers who require special handling
• Extensive use of airline computers
• Training new employees in an operative way that meets the standard of the company
• Ticketing, passenger check-in and provide fast and friendly service
• Performing duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers
• In charge of the gates and responsible of all the paper work
• Leading agents to do their jobs in an organized and efficient way
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee), Missisauga, OnOctober 28, 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
Overall the risks outweigh the advantages
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low salary, security on the job
The company offers a flexible schedule and overtime, those being about the only advantages to the job. Most of the equipment is old and malfunctions, any times the agents have to handle luggage or cargo well over 70lbs manually, in tight spots(cargo hold).The agents are exposed to the various dangers of working around a plane that is either landing or about to take off. The co-workers and direct management are a colored and diverse group, some good some bad.
Love to be working directly with passengers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
I start by Greeting the passenger and asking how there day has been going so far, I take their Passport and visas if required and verify all information accordingly and if available i will ask passenger if they would like a window or an aisle seat. I take their luggage and weigh it, tag the baggage and send it down the belt to be loaded. I present the passenger with his boarding pass and return their Passport and all other documents back to the passenger and direct them to the gate.
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons: worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.
Hard job yet fun job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours and lots of overtime
Cons: Pay was low compared to the stress you have to go through
I had a great time there. The work is very stressful and the pay wasn't enough to compare with the amount of efforts you have to put in. This is an opinionated review which I am writing solely based on my experience there.
WAGES R NEVER PAID PROPERLY.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee), EDMONTON AIRPORTFebruary 21, 2015
THIS A REALLY BAD COMPANY WITH UNTRAINED SUPERVISORS/LEADS WITH HIRING DAILY OR BORROWING FROM OTHER AIRPORTS PERSONELS AS WORKERS QUIT THIS JOBS DAILY.TOO MUCH PRESSURE FROM UNTRAINED LEAD HANDS THAT MAKE ATTENDANTS TENSE TO EITHER LEAVE THE JOB OR TO GET MAD
De-Icing and Ground Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
This company treats workers with 30 years of service just as someone who has worked three days most managers have grade two schooling what ever you did fir them yesterday is nip ever good today this company sucks
Meet interesting people every day
Assist passengers (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: salary
Its a fast pace environment, where deadlines are crucial. Servisair is a big company that specialises in airport customer service around the world. The job is good, although there is not much room for advancement.
Great company
Ramp Lead (Former Employee), Dorval,QCApril 24, 2012
My day at servisair consisted of offloading and loading passenger baggage . My duty's as a Ramp Lead were to make sure the Ramp Agents are performing their duty's in a timely fashion in a safety first environment. I had to also make sure the outbound flights had no delays.
Incredibly high turnover rate
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2014
Physically demanding job (loading/unloading luggage) that paid minimum wage and had no benefits. Good for those willing to tough it out for the long term and hopefully get a raise and benefits down the road.
Fun place to work, but horrible management.
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
It wasn't the best job I had but it was one not to forget. There were good times an some really bad times. But I would recommend other companies to work for.
good place to work, for minimum wage
Ground Handler (Former Employee), Enfield, Nova ScotiaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: benefits are really good
Cons: schedule varies
as long as you don't mind having your schedule change almost every week, and don't mind being underpaid for the job, then servisair is for you.