Servisair Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work at. a lot of nice people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
-fun place
-help passengers
-co-workers are nice
-hardest part is pushing wheel chairs
-meet people around the world
-witness many things
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
pays short
Hard job yet fun job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
I had a great time there. The work is very stressful and the pay wasn't enough to compare with the amount of efforts you have to put in. This is an opinionated review which I am writing solely based on my experience there.
Pros
Lots of hours and lots of overtime
Cons
Pay was low compared to the stress you have to go through
De-Icing and Ground Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
This company treats workers with 30 years of service just as someone who has worked three days most managers have grade two schooling what ever you did fir them yesterday is nip ever good today this company sucks
Benefits
n/a
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval QcAugust 11, 2015
Positive attitude from employees , always a fun environment to be part of . Team work and positivity as well as management back up your decisions took the company a long way .
average
De-icer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
deicing operation. fun place to work, busy times. full concentration, long period sitting. cold, extreme conditions.
Pros
easy summer
Cons
schedule
Very good peer workers.
Air Transat Airlines- Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  LBPI AirportJune 27, 2015
Flexiable schedule.

Great management.

Great atmosphere

You will meet a variety of customers.

You will learn about diffrent documents, needed for destinations.
Love to be working directly with passengers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
I start by Greeting the passenger and asking how there day has been going so far, I take their Passport and visas if required and verify all information accordingly and if available i will ask passenger if they would like a window or an aisle seat. I take their luggage and weigh it, tag the baggage and send it down the belt to be loaded. I present the passenger with his boarding pass and return their Passport and all other documents back to the passenger and direct them to the gate.
...
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 20, 2015
Overall this company gave me alot. Not only in regards of money but also learning skills. I learned many new skills that I did not have prior to working at servisair.
Overall the risks outweigh the advantages
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCDecember 11, 2014
The company offers a flexible schedule and overtime, those being about the only advantages to the job. Most of the equipment is old and malfunctions, any times the agents have to handle luggage or cargo well over 70lbs manually, in tight spots(cargo hold).The agents are exposed to the various dangers of working around a plane that is either landing or about to take off. The co-workers and direct management are a colored and diverse group, some good some bad.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low salary, security on the job
Productive and clean workplace with friendly employees
Cabin Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
clean and maintain aircraft equipment
pre-set meal trays and crosscheck equipment and meal loading checklists and manuals
Pros
benefits are offered
Cons
only part time
WAGES R NEVER PAID PROPERLY.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee) –  EDMONTON AIRPORTFebruary 21, 2015
THIS A REALLY BAD COMPANY WITH UNTRAINED SUPERVISORS/LEADS WITH HIRING DAILY OR BORROWING FROM OTHER AIRPORTS PERSONELS AS WORKERS QUIT THIS JOBS DAILY.TOO MUCH PRESSURE FROM UNTRAINED LEAD HANDS THAT MAKE ATTENDANTS TENSE TO EITHER LEAVE THE JOB OR TO GET MAD
Good place for immigrant to start.
Passenger agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2014
I worked as passenger agent. Last 2 years company cut employee and I worked by myself during the night shift, because I didn't have enough seniority to work during the day . I handle situation with customers doing arrivals and re booking. I can not complain, this position gave me the chance to learn French and prove English. It was a good place for immigrant whom has just arrived in Canada. I can tell that situation was different as a customers as well. But I'm glad that I had such opportunity to work at Airport in Montreal. I've learned something new, and now I can add completely new field in my CV.
Pros
good insurance coverage
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, OnOctober 28, 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
Fun place to work, but horrible management.
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
It wasn't the best job I had but it was one not to forget. There were good times an some really bad times. But I would recommend other companies to work for.
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick UKSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
Pros
cheap travel
Cons
grumpy passengers
Good company terrible pay
Operations/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  st johnsMarch 4, 2015
Enjoyed my time working there but salary was terrible. Union can make for an uncomfortable situation. Great that uniform was paid for by company
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2014
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.
Pros
gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons
worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Lead Agent & Check-in Agent
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONNovember 10, 2013
• Handling customer inquiries
• Advising and follow up communications with flight crew and ramp agents
• Assisting passengers who require special handling
• Extensive use of airline computers
• Training new employees in an operative way that meets the standard of the company
• Ticketing, passenger check-in and provide fast and friendly service
• Performing duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers
• In charge of the gates and responsible of all the paper work
• Leading agents to do their jobs in an organized and efficient way
Enjoy and gain experiences from working with Servisair
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Servisair is a good company. I have learned lots of experience whenever I go to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help you anytime you need. As everyone knows that Airline field is time pressure; Therefore well management and well prepared are the must. I am very proud to be working with Servisair because all management team do well done for . The hardest part is dealing with the passengers. They are sometimes rude and unpredictable to please them. However, all management team and coworkers are nice so I can enjoy working there
Pros
free parking
Cons
short hours
always busy
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NSFebruary 13, 2015
labor intensive job never work alone doing any job great people to work with if you can stand working outside in all weather conditions its your place towork