Servisair Employee Reviews in Canada

De-Icing and Ground Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
This company treats workers with 30 years of service just as someone who has worked three days most managers have grade two schooling what ever you did fir them yesterday is nip ever good today this company sucks
Benefits
Cons
If you like planes it's for you!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Enfeild, NSMarch 11, 2014
I am mixed on this job. It was my favorite job when it comes to the work. I loved being a rampy. But the pay is low, the hours can be bad and it if you don't have a car it can be hard to get to work.

I loved the people for the most part, Supervisors were quite nice, and it has a lot of advancement opportunities. The benefit's were great but the pay is minimum wage. The great thing about being part time here is the extra hours you can get. If you work a four hour shift and they ask you to work extra, you are paid time and a half from the end of your scheduled shift. For me it was great! I banked the OT hours to make sure I had enough when slow season came in.

The schedule was very flexible. And management would do their best to adjust the schedule to your needs. I do recommend this job to anyone starting out and then some. It was a five star job for sure. But demanding and strict rules to hold a red pass.
Pros
people, hours, flexible, overtime if you choose, benifits
Cons
low wages, early and late shifts, split shifts.
fun place to work at. a lot of nice people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
-fun place
-help passengers
-co-workers are nice
-hardest part is pushing wheel chairs
-meet people around the world
-witness many things
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
pays short
Overall the risks outweigh the advantages
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCDecember 11, 2014
The company offers a flexible schedule and overtime, those being about the only advantages to the job. Most of the equipment is old and malfunctions, any times the agents have to handle luggage or cargo well over 70lbs manually, in tight spots(cargo hold).The agents are exposed to the various dangers of working around a plane that is either landing or about to take off. The co-workers and direct management are a colored and diverse group, some good some bad.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low salary, security on the job
n/a
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval QcAugust 11, 2015
Positive attitude from employees , always a fun environment to be part of . Team work and positivity as well as management back up your decisions took the company a long way .
Very good peer workers.
Air Transat Airlines- Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  LBPI AirportJune 27, 2015
Flexiable schedule.

Great management.

Great atmosphere

You will meet a variety of customers.

You will learn about diffrent documents, needed for destinations.
Fast pace work environemnt where you are expected to perform many tasks at the same time.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work includes meeting and greeting all sorts of passengers from various backgrounds and addressing their needs while following the workplace policies and procedures. It is also a team driven work environment where you are responsible to perform many functions at the same time.

While being at this job I have learned that pleasing a customer is not as easy as it sounds. They always want more than what they are being offered. It takes patience, good communication and people's skills in order to satisfy and understand their needs.This job has also helped me to groom my customer service skills. After working in fast pace environment where you have to be very careful when dealing with customers, i have been able to enhance my problem solving abilities

Management is based on corporate culture.

Co-workers who work at this organization range within all age groups.

The hardest part of the job is to make passengers happy while at the same time making sure that company's rules and regulations are not violated.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to meet and know all sorts of people from various backgrounds.
Pros
benefits such as health and dental insurane
Cons
early morning shifts, midnight shifts
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Missisauga, OnOctober 28, 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
average
De-icer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
deicing operation. fun place to work, busy times. full concentration, long period sitting. cold, extreme conditions.
Pros
easy summer
Cons
schedule
Productive and clean workplace with friendly employees
Cabin Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
clean and maintain aircraft equipment
pre-set meal trays and crosscheck equipment and meal loading checklists and manuals
Pros
benefits are offered
Cons
only part time
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick UKSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
Pros
cheap travel
Cons
grumpy passengers
Meet interesting people every day
Assist passengers (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2013
Its a fast pace environment, where deadlines are crucial. Servisair is a big company that specialises in airport customer service around the world. The job is good, although there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
salary
...
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 20, 2015
Overall this company gave me alot. Not only in regards of money but also learning skills. I learned many new skills that I did not have prior to working at servisair.
Hard job yet fun job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
I had a great time there. The work is very stressful and the pay wasn't enough to compare with the amount of efforts you have to put in. This is an opinionated review which I am writing solely based on my experience there.
Pros
Lots of hours and lots of overtime
Cons
Pay was low compared to the stress you have to go through
Enjoy and gain experiences from working with Servisair
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Servisair is a good company. I have learned lots of experience whenever I go to work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. They are willing to help you anytime you need. As everyone knows that Airline field is time pressure; Therefore well management and well prepared are the must. I am very proud to be working with Servisair because all management team do well done for . The hardest part is dealing with the passengers. They are sometimes rude and unpredictable to please them. However, all management team and coworkers are nice so I can enjoy working there
Pros
free parking
Cons
short hours
Good people to work with, laid back environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 23, 2014
-Long hours
-no benefits
-good people to work with
-not an overly stressful job
-a lot of downtime
-not paid enough
Incredibly high turnover rate
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2014
Physically demanding job (loading/unloading luggage) that paid minimum wage and had no benefits. Good for those willing to tough it out for the long term and hopefully get a raise and benefits down the road.
Good company terrible pay
Operations/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  st johnsMarch 4, 2015
Enjoyed my time working there but salary was terrible. Union can make for an uncomfortable situation. Great that uniform was paid for by company
Love to be working directly with passengers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
I start by Greeting the passenger and asking how there day has been going so far, I take their Passport and visas if required and verify all information accordingly and if available i will ask passenger if they would like a window or an aisle seat. I take their luggage and weigh it, tag the baggage and send it down the belt to be loaded. I present the passenger with his boarding pass and return their Passport and all other documents back to the passenger and direct them to the gate.
Never a dull moment. Fast paced, but exciting.
Deing Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2014
Fantastic working environment. Management works with employees.
Many different job opportunities. Management encourages continuous education and self-growth.