Servisair

Servisair Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work, but horrible management.
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
It wasn't the best job I had but it was one not to forget. There were good times an some really bad times. But I would recommend other companies to work for.
De-Icing and Ground Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
This company treats workers with 30 years of service just as someone who has worked three days most managers have grade two schooling what ever you did fir them yesterday is nip ever good today this company sucks
Good company terrible pay
Operations/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), st johnsMarch 4, 2015
Enjoyed my time working there but salary was terrible. Union can make for an uncomfortable situation. Great that uniform was paid for by company
Love to be working directly with passengers
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
I start by Greeting the passenger and asking how there day has been going so far, I take their Passport and visas if required and verify all information accordingly and if available i will ask passenger if they would like a window or an aisle seat. I take their luggage and weigh it, tag the baggage and send it down the belt to be loaded. I present the passenger with his boarding pass and return their Passport and all other documents back to the passenger and direct them to the gate.
WAGES R NEVER PAID PROPERLY.
Ramp Attendant (Current Employee), EDMONTON AIRPORTFebruary 21, 2015
THIS A REALLY BAD COMPANY WITH UNTRAINED SUPERVISORS/LEADS WITH HIRING DAILY OR BORROWING FROM OTHER AIRPORTS PERSONELS AS WORKERS QUIT THIS JOBS DAILY.TOO MUCH PRESSURE FROM UNTRAINED LEAD HANDS THAT MAKE ATTENDANTS TENSE TO EITHER LEAVE THE JOB OR TO GET MAD
always busy
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Enfield, NSFebruary 13, 2015
labor intensive job never work alone doing any job great people to work with if you can stand working outside in all weather conditions its your place towork
Fast pace environment
Customer Service Specialist & Ticket Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
check in passengers and make sure that they have the proper documentation for travel
board passengers onto the plane
Overall the risks outweigh the advantages
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Dorval, QCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low salary, security on the job
The company offers a flexible schedule and overtime, those being about the only advantages to the job. Most of the equipment is old and malfunctions, any times the agents have to handle luggage or cargo well over 70lbs manually, in tight spots(cargo hold).The agents are exposed to the various dangers of working around a plane that is either landing or about to take off. The co-workers and direct management are a colored and diverse group, some good some bad.
Good place for immigrant to start.
Passenger agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good insurance coverage
I worked as passenger agent. Last 2 years company cut employee and I worked by myself during the night shift, because I didn't have enough seniority to work during the day . I handle situation with customers doing arrivals and re booking. I can not complain, this position gave me the chance to learn French and prove English. It was a good place for immigrant whom has just arrived in Canada. I can tell that situation was different as a customers as well. But I'm glad that I had such opportunity to work at Airport in Montreal. I've learned something new, and now I can add completely new field in my CV.
Never a dull moment. Fast paced, but exciting.
Deing Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2014
Fantastic working environment. Management works with employees.
Many different job opportunities. Management encourages continuous education and self-growth.
overall I had a great 10 years at the Airport
Lead hand (Former Employee), Missisauga, OnOctober 28, 2014
When you work a the Airport there is every day different, you a lot of patience, kindness, understanding for the position. Dealing with different nationality, cultura and tempretura of the people you
change a lot, learn a lot. Management has to be helpful, guideing the workers, helping for a better understanding. Co-workers of course again different nationality, different temperatura is not easy, but understanding and halping them is mandatory. I had fantastik people to work with, I always loved my job. The hardest part, there always a few not satisfied, super miserable passanger, but patience help.
I'm a people person and I had good people to work with, I learned a lot.
Excellent learning experience in regards to Customer Service
*** (Current Employee), **September 26, 2014
Shifts Varied
Fast Paced
Check in passengers
Board passengers
Good people to work with, laid back environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 23, 2014
-Long hours
-no benefits
-good people to work with
-not an overly stressful job
-a lot of downtime
-not paid enough
Excellant place with fun to be had on a daily basis
Ground Handling Agent (Former Employee), Gatwick UKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: cheap travel
Cons: grumpy passengers
A typical day involved walking about 15 miles a day around the airport, taking children to flights.
Hardest part for most people were the delays but I thrived on it, trying to find other flights or just helping people with any queries.
We had a super bunch of people working several shifts with several of us meeting up once a month for dinner.
Management could usually be found walking around the airport talking to us, even at 6am on Christmas day.
I did find it difficult to initially get used to working shifts but ended up loving it.
neat and clean place to work
customer care (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
very clean environment to work. feel relax during job. everybody willl enjoy to work here
Bad management, reason for being bought out by swissport.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Pearson Intl. AirportJune 3, 2014
Usually at work and doing two people's job at once. Senior employee's didn't work and left most work to junior employee's.
Incredibly high turnover rate
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2014
Physically demanding job (loading/unloading luggage) that paid minimum wage and had no benefits. Good for those willing to tough it out for the long term and hopefully get a raise and benefits down the road.
I enjoy my work experience with this job. I like the challenge, dynamic activities involving each every flight. I am a hard working, very reliable
Part-time customer Service Agent - Air Transat (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2014
Pros: medical coverage
Cons: 4 hours per shift is kind of short
We work here as a team, I love the way we work together to get the job done. Each co-worker is valuable assets to smooth and successful flight every day, every shift.I have learnt a lot. not just how to handle flight check in and departure procedures, but how to work under the pressure, how to interact with each member of our team, how to get help from other sectors of the operation. And to anticipate supervisor's instructions to get the job done right.
A typical day starts with briefing for the day. It is the time to get as much information as possible for that day''s operation. Next will be at the position either at check in counter, or to the departure/arrival gate. My shift will not be finished until all is done, and the flight is on its way to the destination high in the air.
If you like planes it's for you!
Ramp Attendant (Former Employee), Enfeild, NSMarch 11, 2014
Pros: people, hours, flexible, overtime if you choose, benifits
Cons: low wages, early and late shifts, split shifts.
I am mixed on this job. It was my favorite job when it comes to the work. I loved being a rampy. But the pay is low, the hours can be bad and it if you don't have a car it can be hard to get to work.

I loved the people for the most part, Supervisors were quite nice, and it has a lot of advancement opportunities. The benefit's were great but the pay is minimum wage. The great thing about being part time here is the extra hours you can get. If you work a four hour shift and they ask you to work extra, you are paid time and a half from the end of your scheduled shift. For me it was great! I banked the OT hours to make sure I had enough when slow season came in.

The schedule was very flexible. And management would do their best to adjust the schedule to your needs. I do recommend this job to anyone starting out and then some. It was a five star job for sure. But demanding and strict rules to hold a red pass.
Fast paced and never know what to expect environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: gained experience in leadership role, learned new computer systems.
Cons: worked some holidays, delays, dealing with difficult customers
Working with various persons, planning for flights, booking reservations and cancellations. Dealing with delayed flights and rebooking of passengers. I was able to be team leader in charge of about 5 staff members and responsible for the on-time departure of daily flights.

About Servisair

Derichebourg (formerly Penauille Polyservices) is happy to do the dirty work. The company is one of Europe's leading providers – Read more