ServiCom, LLC Employee Reviews

enjoyed working at Servicom because I got to meet a great variety of people who became friends
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS11 June 2016
Servicom was an awesome place to work. Before you entered your program you were given a 5 day training class with instructors who were very willing to answer questions and go over in detail all there was to know. I learned how to talk properly to the customer and how to listen to them, as well. We were taught skills needed to be a confident seller. Management knew you everyone by name and they were always willing to help. They were always pleasant to be around. My co-workers were always there to help with any questions. The hardest part of the job was the amount of answering machines. The most enjoyable part was when we were given prizes for our sales, as incentive
Pros
being rewarded for sales
Cons
Upbeat environment with lots of growth potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 August 2016
A typical day at work included a vast range of professional customer service interactions, helping resolve many customer service issues using excellent problem solving skills in a proficient manner.
Good enviroment and helpful staff
Outbound sales (Current Employee) –  Sydney River, NS19 October 2016
Great places to work with great benefits always room for advancement. The training is great and good coaching to help with customer service as well as helping with sales.
Fast-paced job, amazing teams and leaders.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Sydney River, NS13 May 2016
Management and staff are very kind, day goes by fairly fast considering you're very busy. A typical day at work consists of speaking with many clients. Some may be agitated, but it makes my day better if I can help them solve their problems and make them laugh.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Sitting all day is hard on the body
Rotten
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS11 May 2016
Don't even bother. They disrespect their reps, keep wages as low as possible and deal with clients and contracts that are unreasonable and illogical. Too stressful and leads to anxiety and various health problems. Avoid it at all costs.
Cons
Disrespecful or your life
Productive Fun place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS1 August 2016
Good job, good people, good medical, Very good place to work, if you can handle the type of work it is, but overall very great
Productive and fun place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 October 2015
it's productive and some of the people there are great to work with, they are very professional but they can have fun with in reason, some places seem to let the people get away with everything because they are afraid to loose people, while Servicom don't want to loose employees they are also not afraid to crack down on people who act like they are at home and not at work
Pros
Don't have to wait long for Medical Benefits to start
Cons
having to wait 4 weeks for your pay to start going direct deposit
productive call center
Telemarketer outgoing caller (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS3 February 2015
Very busy call center with no nonsense attitude, called customers outgoing on behalf of on-star. Management was flexible with time off and work, as long as you made up every minute missed. Coworkers are supportive and willing to help make work more comfortable. Hardest part was reasoning with customers. Most enjoyable is the feeling when helping a customer who didn't fully understand the product.
Pros
commision
Cons
long repetitive hours of calling
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 January 2015
working is the greatest thing in the world, being able to support yourself and get where you need to get in life and be able to enjoy life to the fullest.
I don't have a lot of issues with a job, but I do at times feel stressed and overwhelmed but i manage to get threw it.
I am a very friendly person with a very fun personality and make sure that no one has issues regarding something i have done or something i have said but all in all couldn't be a better fit for a career
Very professional atmosphere, great bonus incentives
Sales Representative (On Star) (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS19 October 2014
Productive and very friendly atmosphere. Co-workers were great to work with and always willing to help. They were very flexible and you could always attend an important appointment as long as you make up your hours. Incentives were good although sometimes hard
to achieve.
Pros
Great benefits, incentives and commission for sales
Cons
supervisor's yelling on the floor to get sales. customers can hear them
Great staff
Call Centre Agent/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS29 October 2012
Love to talk as a rule so talking on the phone would be one of my specialites.....The best part of it was knowing they couldn't see you or you them...so if it was a nasty call ...finish it up and move onto the next one. Great staff and managers,,,still keep in contact with alot of the staff there. Learned alot about computers there and how other companies are run.Great experience for sure.
Pros
extra money
Cons
long long days...worked 8 to 5 at ctc then 6 to 9 at sericom
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Nova Scotia12 May 2014
Great place to work so many friendly people learnt a lot from many ifferent people people higher up were wonderful to work with very helpful with everything only down fall isangry people on the other end of the line but that wasn't even that bad I enjoyed all the people I got to meet and become friends with.
Pros
great people working with you
Cons
Angry customers
Workplace was,nt verry fun. I personally dont like sitting behind a computer talking to randome people from other places about onstar.
Call center agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS7 October 2013
Personally I like to be able to see people and talk face to face. I don't like to sit all day, I would rather be on my feet moving around, then stuck in one place sitting behind a computer.
unorganized and not enough pay
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  sydney river nova scotia23 September 2012
i did like working there the first few months but after a few of the senior people left and new ones stepped in it was very different, i was comfortable there until that point. i found it wasn't up to the standards a company like that shoukd be
Pros
laid back
Cons
low pay, unorganized, little work space
Excellent Hr staff and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 May 2012
I enjoyed working @ Servicom, and the management @ servicom was excellent; would recommend servicom to anyone wishing to start out in a job .
Pros
meeting new people, speaking to someone different each day, and great hr and supervisors
Cons
no cons
Sales Rep
Customer Service Representative for OnStar (Former Employee) –  Sydney N.S7 April 2015
I would call people to try to sell them a security feature for there car or truck. We would get a bonus for sales we made. My co works liked the attitude I had there.
good benifets
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  sydney ns28 January 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side with management and co-workers that made coming in everyday an enjoyable experience.
Telecommunications
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Nova Scotia22 January 2013
Outbound calls to customers on behalf of AT&T. Learned a lot about sales and having to deal with customer service even when it wasn't sales oriented.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
non stop calls
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS15 July 2014
The job was non-flexible to my needs.
The people and the trainers were great, the job and bonuses were excellent.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS14 March 2014
all out bound calls, great place too work friendly co workers and management

2.9