ServiceNow Employee Reviews

good
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA7 November 2017
Good company to work. and co-workers are friendly. A product is well liked by customers.
The job always kept you on your toes, the best part is the communication and collaboration among team members.
great company but poor sales management
Territory Manager Americas - Performance Analytics (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO26 October 2017
see above. I was unlucky and worked for someone unqualified as a leader or manager. This is typical of fast growing companies where early employees are pushed into roles that can't handle
Pros
fast growing
Cons
managers not qualified and inherited job
Poor culture in marketing organization
Marketing and Communications Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA22 October 2017
Pros:
- Talented CEO and new CHRO
- Fair compensation
- Product is well liked by customers

Cons:
- Marketing culture is toxic due to CMO who is narcissistic, a micromanager, and a bully
- HR has been fairly non-existent leading to structural and cultural issues
- Lack of understanding/effort/discipline to best incorporate global and remote workers via basic technologies such as webex video.
Worked as Consultant
Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire16 October 2017
Worked with the ServiceNow team to integrate to CGI Remedy, the team worked well but there was some confusion as to who was doing what.

How project was delivered on time and to budget.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Accountability
Nice experience at ServiceNow
Summer Intern in IT Service Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA15 October 2017
I had a very positive experience working as an IT developer and getting the opportunity to be a part of ServiceNow. I've worked at half a dozen technology companies already in my career and ServiceNow does a phenomenal job at valuing it's people, providing a clearly defined career growth path, and providing challenging work while rewarding top performers.
Too short a period of time
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA13 October 2017
I did not work at this company long enough to form an opinion that I could give during this review about working at Servicenow in the training department.
High growth company leading the edge of technology in the service management space
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Remote9 October 2017
The hardest part of the job is sometimes keeping up with the ever-changing technology. There is always something to learn. It can be a challenge to get a good work/life balance when working remote. Company provided benefits are exceptional. Company events are inclusive of the employee's and their families. The overall atmosphere in the office is team-building. ServiceNow is a great company to work for, especially if you thrive on technical challenges.
fast growth
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey6 October 2017
everyone is expected to do too much for too little compensation. Management constantly changes. Lots of training provided. Excellent building and facilities, OK benefits
productive but fun work environment catered to its employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA27 September 2017
ServiceNow was a great place to intern, the employees are welcoming and serious about their jobs. The company itself had free snacks and interesting things to do during the lunch hour.
work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL4 September 2017
Work in de office, in the wordhouse, driver of transportation, insurance of live and Protection Legacy sale, and Notary Public, workhelf and workhouse, Driver Uber and Lift.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
New IT management doesnt know what its going on
IT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA26 August 2017
ServiceNow was a great place to working until a recent change in IT management. Its now a cut-throat culture with a lot of politics and backstabbing. Even your own manager will throw you under the bus to save her own skin. Upper management isnt in touch with the staff because all information is filtered through the manager and the manager fires anyone that attempts to communicate with upper management directly.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
management
Love The Company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 August 2017
best job ever. I was offered a position that allowed me to grow within my position learning so much about the department and those I worked with. Will stay as long as I can
Good place to work in the right department
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 August 2017
If you're a developer, Service Now is a good place to be. In IT, LOOK ELSEWHERE! Horrible management and communication from Corporate IT. Inadequate tools that don't always work and too much work and not enough people to cover that workload.
Pros
Socials every other Thursday
Cons
Management disconnect from "boots on the ground" workers
Developers welcome
IT Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA31 July 2017
This is sad but very true. IT at this company is a NIGHTMARE to work in. If you are in most any other group, it might be different. If you are a developer this may be the place for you.
Pros
Good People; decent culture.
Cons
Upper management out of touch with workforce.
Very friendly and productive worklpace
Platform Development Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 July 2017
I learned how the industry works, how teams work. My manager was always looking out for me and telling what to do and what to not do. We also stayed inn touch after i left.
My role as AE
Commerical Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA27 June 2017
• Generate new business sales revenue from software licenses and expand sales with existing customers within the mid-enterprise account base.
• Conduct ongoing territory planning, researching prospect customers, business development techniques and field-based sales activities within an assigned territory.
• Assist in building a channel model through local resellers such as EchoStor, HighMetric, RoundTower and other Cloud technology partner such as Okta, Box, and Splunk.
• Developed a sales strategy and marketing plans in the allocated territory to drive revenue growth.
• Focus on being a trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive the ServiceNow solution within the marketplace.
Fast-paced, young growing company
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA9 June 2017
I worked there as a contractor for 6 months in the IT organization. During this time, there was a reorg that affected my group. Lack of proper FY17 planning caused a lot of chaos and disorganization with the expected workload. This caused a lot of projects to be postponed due to lack of proper resource planning and effort needed for the entire fiscal year.

Free snacks. Happy hours every other Thursday. Nice cafeteria offering guest chefs creating a wide variety of menu options in addition to the grill and salad bar. Got to work with some great people during my time there!
Pros
Free snacks, happy hour, beer bash, monthly birthday celebrations
Cons
Management, lack of proper planning for the entire fiscal year
Good place to work.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 June 2017
The environment was good, a balanced lifestyle for employees. I worked there in the summer of 2014 as an engineering intern. The hours were good, we worked with other, more experienced engineers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
need more direct guidance for interns
My experience was some time ago and it appears the company is continuing to grow and prosper
Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA17 May 2017
Not atypical of the majority of companies for which I have worked. For whatever the reasons I was not comfortable in their environment.
There were many good coworkers and knowledgeable staff. At the time I was there it appeared they had overlapping management that did not have a clear direction.
Pros
Appears to be a good software company with good products
Cons
Some issues with management
Good place to work if you have the right manager and upper management
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 May 2017
The company is growing rapidly and there is an entrepreneurial spirit. However the growth is happening a fast pace and too many layers are being added to the Org Chart. Managers and VP's spend the majority of their time looking at sales call notes and moving percentages a couple points up / down for their forecast calls. Strong armed sales tactics will only last so long until SN is viewed as obnoxious. Management needs to practice what they preach from establishing value with their Sales teams and customer base.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Cutthroat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceNow. Our community is ready to answer.