A great opportunity to join a longstanding, well respect and successful company. Want to be part of this dynamic team? All candidates are kept in the strictest of confidence.
1. Position Summary:
The Estimator/Project Manager (EPM) will be responsible for attending the site, preparing the estimate and managing all aspects of project including emergencies, final repair estimates, obtaining building permits, obtaining quotes from sub-trades, budgets, and construction schedules. The EPM will work with in-house technicians and external sub-trades to ensure project restoration is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of estimate and Client Service Level Agreements. The EPM will work closely with the organization to ensure feasibility and costing of projects within company targets.
- Respond to emergency insurance and/or non-insurance losses
- Comprehend & execute all insurance losses as per the Service Level Agreement provided by the insurance company
- Prepare detailed scope and estimates for insurance & non-insurance jobs
- Monitor and coordinate activities with the Insured, client, sub-trades, and other consultants
- Manage all aspects of project
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and within target gross margin.
- Assist in the resolution of change requests, unforeseen additionals and or other issues.
- Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to client.
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and reporting requirements.
- Review construction plans for compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and structural
- Perform periodic site inspections of projects both prior to, during and upon completion of restoration to determine compliance with approved estimate
- Mediate and resolve disputes and code issues.
- Coordinate the permit process as well as reviewing permit applications and actual permits for accuracy.
- Prepare and maintain timely and accurate documentation and reports
- Read, interpret, and understand construction drawings and specifications, the city codes and ordinances regarding building codes, permit issuance, and permit fees.
- Must track and review sub-trade quotes and estimates, changes, and requests for payment
- Proactive in response to all Insured/Client inquiries, concerns or complaints and resolve any issues as soon as possible
- Keep management abreast of any concerns or opportunities
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Attend scheduled productions meetings
- Attend courses and seminars as required by management
- Obtain certifications as required by management
- Confirm deductibles and obtain payment prior to starting repairs
- Carry company phone at all times
- Build and maintain relationships within the industry
- Attend industry events
- Other duties as required
3. Education, knowledge and experience required:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Completion of a Construction, Building Technology Diploma an assest
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in insurance restoration and/or construction estimating/project management.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related building codes
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships within insurance industry
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) , email
- Knowledge of Xactimate, Xactanalysis or Symbility an asset
- Insurance, Commercial Experience or IICRC Certifications are considered an asset
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
4. Competencies required to succeed:
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- People Skills
- Providing Consultation
Indeed - 11 months ago
Fire and flood restoration