Serta Mattress Company Employee Reviews

Extremely stressful
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MS8 July 2017
I worked for this company 5 years and it seemed not matter how much I did it was never enough. I worked extremely long hours and felt I was never appreciated for the effort I put in.
Loved it but when i worked there it was only 1st shift
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH22 June 2017
I would and will go back to this job I made 2100 a week loved it just had one problem with a manager tht hated I spoke my mind and was very much into my work and trying to make it to management which I later found out would have been his job I was getting
Pros
Long hours but stay moving
Cons
Short breaks
good environment to work, but no room to advance.
Masters Cutter (Former Employee) –  Grovetown GA24 May 2017
Give people good raises, and allow them to advance.Keep them happy and they will give 200 percent. .Let them know that they are appreciated, and respect them
Pros
A/C and heated facility
Cons
Small raises, and no room to advance
Steady comfortable workplace
Forklift Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GA27 December 2016
Every day as a team we complete a daily schedule. We know what is expected of us, and we are giving all the tools to compete our job successfully. We have a timed schedule, but we can not leave until all task are completed. We lack a learning environment because once you learn your task it becomes repetitive. I don't see my manager often because we have shift leaders. Their Job consist of managing our team and making sure we know exactly what our numbers are for the day. They also make sure that we are doing our task in a safe manner. My coworkers are welcoming and helpful. The hardest part of my job is not being able to leave until all task are complete. Another difficulty is that we never have a set schedule. On a more positive note, the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing what is expected of me and having all the tools I need to complete them.
They don't know how they want to lead
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 August 2016
They are still trying to figure out how they want to lead the company. They have definitely made a lot of changes for the good recently, and the company is now making a turn for the better. Give them a chance, and when they get everything figured out, they will remember you.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Caddy coworkers
Overall great experince
Hybrid Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 November 2015
Four year career ended due to corporate restructure. Unfortunate to lose my position based on merits other than performance. Stepped into new industry and learned the product and Serta environment very quickly. Top performer in region 2 of 4 years. Great Sales Manager as well as business associates. It was a great four years unfortunate it ended so soon.
Pros
Great Sales Manager and sales team
Cons
worked alot of Holidays and weekends
Plenty of options
Staging/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IA11 September 2015
I had the opportunity to choose between most of the jobs available and settled on staging in the shipping department. Our work day started at the same time every day and we were able to leave as soon as our orders were done for the day. Sure, some days were longer than others, but we rarely worked weekends. And the pay was great with quick advancement for raises. We also received a discounted price on products which was pretty cool.
Run!!!
Master Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas29 June 2015
This is a horrible company to work for. It's like a modern day plantation. The pay is horrible, managers stay over your shoulder, you have to be almost dead to take a day off and management is a joke!
Pros
80% of mattress
Cons
Horrible work environment, horrible pay, horrible managers!!!
Work as a CFO for a growing company
Controller and Vice President (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, IL18 May 2015
II had two main responsibilities. First was the leading the accounting and finance departments of the company. Second was acquisition of targeted strategic companies.

My staff for accounting and finance was very good. I trained them to perform newly created positions.

We compiled daily metrics and reported to local and corporate management.

Acquisitions were of family held businesses that were in the family for many years. Skilled diplomacy was required to acquire those companies.
Pros
Variety of work load. Worked closely with team
Cons
Too much travel
Tiresome
production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WA23 April 2015
Their is no such thing as life, work balance. Leadership and order fulfillment are not balanced. It is had to determine from day to day just how many hours one is required to work.

Enjoy the tempo, the staff but the lack of respect and communication from upper management is the hold back from being excellent place to work
Company Overview
Sr. Account Manager, Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA16 March 2015
Good place to work with a good team of people. Lot's of long term employees so it shows the stability and culture of the company.
Just look somewhere else!
quilter (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IA19 February 2015
Worked for Clear Lake facility for 2.5 years...applied for several positions to move up within the company only to be turned down and they hire outside help with less experience and education than I have...this facility is headed by corporate personnel because no one will work here and they are severely DECEPTIVE! Violating laws and lie all the time...get ready for months of 16 hr days! Very unsafe and hostile work environment with under qualified management that will throw you under the bus at any moment.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, unpredictable hours, hostile, deceptive
Great company to work for.
General Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WI11 January 2015
Great company to work for. The only reason for looking for a new position is my position is being eliminated. Looking to move Tennessee to be closer to my family after living in Wisconsin for 12 years.

I started working as a plant accountant in the Cullman, Alabama facility then transferred to the Beloit, Wisconsin facility as the General Accounting Manager. I have supervised the accounts payable, accounts receivable, staff accountant and hourly payroll. I have also been responsible for the Human Resources for the Beloit facility. I am responsible for the monthly financials and the year end audit work.
Horrible place to work, very dishonest company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PA4 January 2015
Most unprofessional company I have ever worked for, management is very unprofessional. No training provided for almost everything you do. Long hours (11-13 + hour days), you come to work and never know what time you will go home, if people call off or materials don't show up on time you just stay longer, that's the company solution. Nothing was accurate, they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you there, then once you get there the truth comes out. Do not consider to work here if you want a life.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
everything
Fantastic place to work.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FL30 November 2014
Advance in the company quickly and great benefits. Management is very supportive of the team.
great work enviroment
Customer Service/Order Entry (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA10 September 2014
great hours very flexible. Over time was always available.
The co-workers were great, the management was good as well.
The hardest part was the distance and the most enjoyable was the motivating work enviroment.
Pros
motivated work enviroment
Cons
distance
Worst place I've ever worked
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Puyallup26 August 2014
The hours were said in the interview as 9-10 hours with an occasional 12 hour day. No Saturday work. It was also said the training would be great and I would get an opportunity to work with some of the best employees they had in order to get the knowledge needed to run a department effectively. It was also said the Plant Manager was a good person who didn't micro-manage.

They LIED on ALL of it!

The Plant Manager was the worst micro manager ever! Not only that but he would go into your department and purposefully stir up stuff just to see how you'd handle it. I never received any training until the day they were going to let me go and I told them what a terrible place to work this was. The Plant manager would say he knew how to complete a KAIZEN but when it came down to doing the actual KAIZEN he would change the scope and the objective half way through the project. He didn't understand what Lean Manufacturing was really all about. He would yell and scream at his employees in front of everyone and would reprimand his supervisors in front of the employees as well.

Absolutely the worst place to work ever! Harassing environment and definitely a threatening Plant Manager in power as a dictator!

I will never work for or with any Serta Company ever again!!
Pros
Checks never bounced
Cons
Leadership, Culture, Labor force, Management or Lack of management, Time management, Scheduling, Planning, and HR
Serta had provided me all the necessary tools in order to achieve sales growth.
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL3 June 2014
Serta was an extremely positive experience. I thoroughly enjoyed working there and had very positive outcomes during and after my duration.
Factory work
Frame Builder (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IA27 April 2014
Ability to work as a team required. Repetitive work is a requirement. Job entails ability to work 8 to 12 hours a day. Duties included working as a team member building mattress frames.
Pros
Benefits, somewhat flexible work schedule.
Cons
short breaks, repetitive work
Pay was good at times, tough working conditions.
Inspector - Visually (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GA21 April 2014
1. Early start, often worked late.

2. Learned to work in factory environment.

3. The management allowed you to do the job with minimal micro management.

4. My co-workers worked well together.

5. The hardest part was the heavy lifting.

6. Working with the people.
Pros
Great employee discount & 401k plan.
Cons
Tough working conditions & slow season.