The 3D Artist collaborates closely with the Product Art Lead, concept artists, and the world builders to create & publish high quality game assets in a timely and dependable manner. The Game Artist works with other production artists to mentor them on creating and publishing superior assets and assures the final game maintains consistency in style and quality.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Publishing assets in engine to develop comprehensive 3D game worlds
- Collaboratively designing, modelling, texturing, and lighting high quality game assets
- Suggest processes and technology improvements to increase the quality and efficiency of developing maps and environments
- The ability to work without a concept providing concept support if necessary
- Staying up to date with leading edge game technology and processes
- Collaborating with the Product Art Lead to communicate needs, generate tool requests and initiate support designed to facilitate the artists’ workflow
- Mentoring and assisting in the direction of other artists
- Collaborating with the Product Art Lead to cost and schedule tasks
- Collaborating with Product Development Directors and Designers to establish scope and strategy for production initiatives
- Experience publishing assets in a game engine (Unity, Unreal, UDK)
- 3+ years of relevant game production experience
- Exceptional mix of 3D Modeling, 2D Texturing and World Building skills
- Extensive working knowledge of 3D Max and Photoshop.
- An excellent command of what makes a 3D environment believable and visually stunning
- Experience with a contemporary game engine
- Experience with Scheduling, Tracking and Reporting
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong belief in a Team-based approach
- Ability to learn proprietary tools quickly and work within a complex asset creation pipeline
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience low poly modelling for Web or Mobile distribution
- Strong technical background (lighting, shaders, vfx)
- Basic proficiency with Rigging and Animation
- Teaching/Mentoring experience
- Fluency with Excel and or Jira
*Applications *must be accompanied by web link to work or portfolio/demo reel, digital media preferred. ** Note: Candidates without a demo reel WILL NOT be considered.
Candidates must be able to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Please apply on our website.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Serious Labs is a software company that creates engaging digital training exercises to assist companies in competency training for high...