Serco Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Goose bay, NL28 May 2014
Great company to work for and great experience. Great management! Well organized company. Kept busy which I prefer.
Fun and professional work place with great union
Driving Examiner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 February 2014
I would examine 25-42 applicants in a day for the G licence system under the MTO. I would take drivers age 16-111 out for professional road tests. Worked monday to friday 8-5
I was hired as a temp so did not have much fun working there
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2013
Busy and some times not much which depended on the workload.

Not much to learn from this place as temp you just do your bit.

I did not see much of the management as it was a short period that I was there.

The co-workers were friendly and kind.

The hardest part of the job was when there was a heavy workload.

The most enjoyable part of the job when there was not much to do.
Pros
Free coffee in the office
Nice and Convenient Place to work with clean surroundings
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Mckinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City14 September 2013
I really have a good a company which I believe that I will learn more to it because this definitely is a different type of jobs among other call center company that I have supported because this is my first financial bank account. Sometime around before I dreamed of working in a bank and all of a sudden a dream come true I am now a legitimate bank employee.
Pros
Low price of food
Cons
Coffee not for free
Friendly environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 March 2013
It was nice to work with friendly people, receive calls about road test appointments. Supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was difficult to have angry or upset people on the phone. It was great to talk to happy people.
A poor company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ontario30 January 2013
Work environment stressful, no support from management, extensive travel involved, not fair distribution of workload between staff. Hopefully you'll be a favourite, if not watch out. Management from supervisors to top of company not good. It's a shame, the wages are decent, but no job security. You'll get sent home all the time when it's quiet so don't actually think just because your full time or you have seniority that you will work a full week. You will have to work weekends in the summer, mandatory overtime and sent home in the winter. It's constantly an unpleasant environment. the reviews I read on hear none of them are from Serco DES all different parts of the company from all over the world. so take them with a grain of salt, company is not run the same everywhere.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
horrible environment, stressful, lacks job security, bad management
Terrible company to work for
Driver Examiner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2013
Employees are a liability to this company. Treated awful. Paycheck was only reward. No room for advancement, management terrible, very very negative environment. No job security, sent home all the time if quiet, and docked pay. Laid off, called back, laid off... Dangerous, stressful job with no support from supervisors. Treated as children, the only thing that matters to this company is making money at any expense. There is a terrible attrition rate which is surprising becausing it does pay decent. But the environment in most of the offices is terrible. I highly recommend choosing another career choice. This is a privatized government contract that does expire this September 2013.
Pros
pay
Cons
stressful working conditions, no management support, negative environment
Decent company