SERCO

SERCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 4, 2013
It was nice to work with friendly people, receive calls about road test appointments. Supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was difficult to have angry or upset people on the phone. It was great to talk to happy people.
Terrible company to work for
Driver Examiner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: stressful working conditions, no management support, negative environment
Employees are a liability to this company. Treated awful. Paycheck was only reward. No room for advancement, management terrible, very very negative environment. No job security, sent home all the time if quiet, and docked pay. Laid off, called back, laid off... Dangerous, stressful job with no support from supervisors. Treated as children, the only thing that matters to this company is making money at any expense. There is a terrible attrition rate which is surprising becausing it does pay decent. But the environment in most of the offices is terrible. I highly recommend choosing another career choice. This is a privatized government contract that does expire this September 2013.
A very competitive and goal driven environment
Human Capital Consultant and Project Manager (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: challenge, opportunity to gain a wealth of experience
Cons: internal customer interaction was less than acceptable
1. Typical day required a great deal of multitasking.
2. I learned a wealth of knowledge in areas outside of my duties and responsibilities.
3. Management was goal oriented.
4. Co-workers were competitive but team players for the greater good.
5,The most enjoyable part of the job was establishing report with new clients.
Excellent Place To Work
GS CLERK ! (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJanuary 27, 2015
My overall review of this company is excellent. Supervisory and management excellent. High degree of job knowledge and professionalism displayed. Co workers and team members displayed the same. Good benefits.

This position encouraged me to take additional steps towards pursuing a career within the Healthcare realm.

I have no complaints or regrets.
Do not work for Serco or VETS in Lincoln, NE.
General Clerk I (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: contract work, no wage increases, pay to park, huge lack of training, outdated procedure manuals. no pros, all cons.
Employees are treated poorly. There is a high rate of turnover. Unorganized, mismanaged, understaffed, lack of training. Toxic work environment. Low employee morale. They are Federal Contractors, no wage increases or chance for advancement. It's a shady operation. Don't waste your time. If you get a job there it will eventually make you miserable.
good people to work with
Catering Assistant/Cook (Current Employee), Cook, WAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: making and tasting of good food
Cons: only being in a casual position
a typical day at work is very busy, fast paced, since working with serco i have gained experience in catering and have been able to up skill myself as they have provided me with training and have given me the opportunity to to gain more confidence in commercial cooking and preparing of food as well as service, i enjoy working with all my co workers, easy going but professional, the hardest part of my job would be service of food as sometimes you cannot please everyone, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to cook good food and learn different ways of cooking and cultures.
ABROAD EXPERIENCE AND LANGUAGE BARRIERS
Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician Over-Haul (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: tax free salary and all other benifits
Cons: poor management
GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO INITIAL WORK IN DUBAI AND GIVE ME A OPEN SPACE TO THINK BEYOND THE LIMITS.
Need Better site Managerment
GC2 (Former Employee), Rogers ArJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: a job until you find something better.
Cons: lack of professionalism and software program to get the job done.
When the company opened mass hiring of people whom should not have been hired. Constant changing of procedures, you either have work or no work. Trainers whom have constant changes in QRG so they do not know how to train. Human resources whom take complaints from the same trouble makers over and over whom for some reason get to stay and cause problems within their teams. No raises on performances, no interviews for promotions No chance for advancement. Site manger says one thing but does not follow thru.
Operations Controller (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 22, 2015
This company is a great company to work for however it is mostly the people who make the job so worth doing. I developed massivley within this buisness and have learned alot throughout my time here. The hardest part of the job is change and adapting to change but due to the role I am in this is second nature to me. My hours were fantastic and there was always ongoing events and fun things to do!
most certainly the best place to word, would like to work there whenver i get a chance again
Senior Executive (Former Employee), Goregaon, MHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, no stress at all
Cons: rotating shifts.
a typical day at work included logging in on time and answering calls.
since the company (ISD) was British, the customers would be Brits.
The job included placing orders for them, creating online accounts,make payments online and often troubleshoot problems.
i learned how to be confident over phone, similarities and differences between Indian and British culture etc.
The management was truly the best. the people were very helpful and friendly, always ready to help and stand by you whenever you need help, bee it at work or in your personal life.
as far as the co-workers are concerned, i met them as colleagues and ended up making friends for life.
there was nothing the i would say was hard.
most enjoyable part was the time we spent together during shifts, sharing thing about various types of customers, the events held at the office and many such things.
work
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Select appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or make simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognize problems with certain tasks. Place telephone calls to customers requesting an exemption from the fee for not enrolling in health coverage for the year.
Great Company that offer a wide range of services
Project Support (Current Employee), Peterborough, ENGJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: serco benefits
I enjoy working for Serco, they are a reputable organisation and management have personally invested in my future.

My typical day at work is never the same! I could be at one office and another the next. Working with client always add to the pressure to deliver.

I have personally learned my Porject Support skills through experience and have been supported by management to enable these skills to grow.

I work in a friendly team where commercial opportunties are identified and persued at every available chance.

I would recommend Serco to anyone.
Fast pace environment
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Fast pace environment, highly confidential, must meet company standards
great learning and teaching experience
Military Finance Specialist I (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: communicatiing with customers
Cons: contract is a specific period
-pull reports, send debt letter, collections, customer service
-how to calculate debts and payments, how to find the transaction that created debt
-collection is the hardest part
interaction with customers is best part
Do not work for Serco
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Serco treats employees as if they were contracted workers versus real employees. There is absolutely no loyalty to the workers at this company. The benefits also get reduced every year.
work life balance
Sr Finance and Accounts Executive (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor incentives
Work life balance is maintained during the tenure in Serco. Management was team oriented. Working as a Issue Resolution associate for General Mills. Job responsibilities including maintaining vendor accounts and dealing with issues on a daily basis.
great environment
Finance Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Day starts at 0730 and is done by 4pm. Instruction and counseling are the main responsibilities. The Manager is very focused however, he is very fair. Great team. Master's degree is required for employment however, financial compensation is not equal to education or labor.
Typical Contact Centre
Collections Advisor (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
A day at work in this contact centre can be different, would not say it is a bad place to work but would not say it is enjoyable. Things that make it worth sticking out are the people you meet and work with there, some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Hard parts of the job are just the sheer times where there is nothing to do and the boredom kicks in and your sat there wondering why things just aren't happening.
Great people to work with
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I would work there again. People are friendly to work with.
Hardest part is they do contracts for Government. Every minute needs a billable task to go with it. Hard to do if you have down time. Managers were friendly and easy to talk to. Company had low turnover.
Sales
Sales (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGJanuary 14, 2015
Phoning existing customers and offering latest promotions on products already purchased hardest part in dealing with unhappy customers not wanting the courtesy call

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more