Serco Employee Reviews

Focused on operational excellence and change management
Business Transformation Partner/Aboriginal Liaison (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL3 September 2017
Customer service is key; management focused on efficiencies and staff engagement.

Staff asked for opinions on efficiencies and process improvements to improve operational approach.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
DND yet to release 5 Wing Goose Bay's operational role
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 March 2017
I enjoyed helping customers face to face, learning the computer system, unfortunately, my learning skills were not adequate according to the London Office Manager.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Discrimination against my learning disabilities
A great source of customer relations experience to be had.
Driving Examiner (Former Employee) –  Downsview Park24 February 2017
I would arrive uber early to get my desk and things organized. Then we would go to dispatch to pick up road test for the morning. The job was very stressful in that I was in a vehicle marking a sometimes inept new driver or alternately a driver aspiring for higher licensing. The traffic with the mix of a nervous candidate made for a somewhat dangerous possibility. In order to relay the results of a negative test one had to develop very strong diplomacy and sensitivity as failure is sometimes not accepted well. This was a very difficult part of the job. I had people that had been failed multiple times who actually felt very positive about their experience with me and asked if they could have be do their next booked road test.
Pros
very busy bustling environment
Cons
very long stressful day with very little down time
Fun workplace but upper management does not treat their employees very well
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
This is good place to work as I have been able to develop many new skills and further my professional growth. The only issue I would have with Serco is that management does not treat their employees very well, specifically the part-time employees. Schedule changes from week - to - week in terms of hours and employees are expected to come in on their days off, supervisors also always fighting with employees over how much time was worked (having to argue over 15 minutes of overtime?) is a real drag. I have been lucky in that I have been given opportunities to learn different tasks and ascend up the ladder a bit but most have not been so lucky.
Pros
Generally a good place to earn a paycheque
Cons
Management treats their employees poorly
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
privatize company, very busy, it provides me with a paycheck every 2 weeks, hours varies, job is not difficult, takes alot of patience and attention to detail.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Work life balance is very good.The processes and team work is next to none. Progressive improvement is enhanced due to great team collaboration.
Work time should be fruitful or valuable.
Team Lead AFC (Current Employee) –  united Arab Emirates27 January 2017
I had one experience during execution of project as per client expectation they want to complete their project completion before committed time period. After that i finished that project with the support of my colleague.

After that i learnt how to work finish under the time limit without compromise of quality of work.
Pros
free lunch and transportation
Interesting/fun and knowledgeable..
Commissionaire (Current Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL21 January 2017
I like more hours here working schedule 12 Hours shift night and Day.I love the company and co-worker they're very supportive and accomodating.I like that they encourage the worker to do some training courses that provided by the company..The hardest part of this job during the bad weather..but i love this job but not enough to support my financial needs.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
More hours
general
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 December 2016
good salary but no job security. No work life balance Management claims to value staff but does not. Most jobs only part time with winter layoffs. Staff provided with minimal support from company
No loyality at all Nothinlg like the commitment gov of Ontario showed
Outside Examiner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 July 2016
Nothing special can't get organized lays off devoted employees with no notice. No commitment to injured workers with motified duties upper management sucks.
Productive and fun to work
Senior Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
Great place to work. Lots to learn. The management can sometimes be bias but if you have the potential you can work your way through. Good luck !!!
can be stressful
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2016
The job itself can be very stressful, 15 - 21 examinations perday on a time restraint..

Only part time positions available, no benefits, and annual lay offs..
Pros
good wages
Cons
dangerous job
United we stand, Divided we fall!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 November 2015
A great place to work effectively and efficiently as a team to complete set projects. variety of assigned tasks such as managing people, imputing data, verbal/written testing. Great understanding among each other made me feel like a sports player on a team facilitating to achieve victory.
Pros
excellent souce to learn/develop language and professional skills
Cons
repetitive
Contracted employment to gain experience in Project Management
Production Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON16 November 2015
The contact manager made the job an enjoyable one.
When the contract was not renewed, the atmosphere and culture changed for the worse.
Good experiences and a great learning curve.
Pros
Out of the box thinking was encouraged.
Cons
Some employees took advantage of the''system''
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Driver Examination Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2015
Working closely with co-workers and staff. Giving great service to clients and assisting them with their needs. Opportunities for development and growth.
Pros
Growth and Development
Cons
Long work hours
Amazing place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2015
Lots of learning, Great Scope of growth. Transparency involved in work. No politics. Dependable open and connected management
Provide road test examination
DRIVER EXAMINER 4 (Current Employee) –  SAULT STE MARIE10 August 2015
I am responsible in executing various road tests for all classes of licences throughout the workday in order assess the driving capabilities of individual applicants. Provide services required by each individual to assist with licencing inquires and administering all class of drivers licences. I am dual trained as a driver examiner and customer service agent in order to provide support to my co-workers. I enjoy working with new clientele on a daily basis
Pros
Meeting new poeple
Cons
Taking licence away from individuals
A complete joke!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 June 2015
It was so bad, the person they brought in to run the sinking ship of a company LEFT!

Management is a joke, this is strictly a company that only promotes people who you are married too, or related too. Don't ever think that you will advance in this company. The worse HR department in history, unethical and full of "simple" people who have no other experience outside of this one company. So don't think you can bring any concerns to them, because they don't care. ALL the managers there are former MTO workers, who have no clue what it takes to run a successful business, and don't care about there employee's again unless you are a relative, a friend of a friend, or a "favourite" YES they are that simple and childish they don't care about you.

If you are smart, don't think this is a a easy driving examiner gig, or customer service role. You would think the money they put into training people, they would care, but once released to the wolves, just keep your head down get paid for the summer and keep it moving! You will be completely disappointed. There is no job security and you will be wasting your time. Don't be fooled, there is nothing there for you.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Legacy workers, who don't have ANY other experience outside of MTO or Serco.
a very good
Administrator, (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 December 2014
a very good company , reward for hard work, fast pace and friendly co workers
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
fast pace
Good initial start work place to begin your career and get experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL20 October 2014
water tests
over see the operation
improve efficiency
over see outside personnel i.e. contractors
fill in required paper work
safety performance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.