SERCO

SERCO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 4, 2013
It was nice to work with friendly people, receive calls about road test appointments. Supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was difficult to have angry or upset people on the phone. It was great to talk to happy people.
A poor company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: decent wages
Cons: horrible environment, stressful, lacks job security, bad management
Work environment stressful, no support from management, extensive travel involved, not fair distribution of workload between staff. Hopefully you'll be a favourite, if not watch out. Management from supervisors to top of company not good. It's a shame, the wages are decent, but no job security. You'll get sent home all the time when it's quiet so don't – more... actually think just because your full time or you have seniority that you will work a full week. You will have to work weekends in the summer, mandatory overtime and sent home in the winter. It's constantly an unpleasant environment. the reviews I read on hear none of them are from Serco DES all different parts of the company from all over the world. so take them with a grain of salt, company is not run the same everywhere. – less
Terrible company to work for
Driver Examiner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: stressful working conditions, no management support, negative environment
Employees are a liability to this company. Treated awful. Paycheck was only reward. No room for advancement, management terrible, very very negative environment. No job security, sent home all the time if quiet, and docked pay. Laid off, called back, laid off... Dangerous, stressful job with no support from supervisors. Treated as children, the only – more... thing that matters to this company is making money at any expense. There is a terrible attrition rate which is surprising becausing it does pay decent. But the environment in most of the offices is terrible. I highly recommend choosing another career choice. This is a privatized government contract that does expire this September 2013. – less
The job was most chllengeble
Support Executive (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no break time
It was so changeable and innovative, so i liked very much and enjoyed
Productive, and Fast paced
CAC Operator (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: worked with excellent coworkers
Cons: n/a
•Efficient management and preparation of correspondence and communications.
•In depth collection, analysis and integration of information.
•Complex scheduling and organizing of meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
•Proven success in the development and implementation of improved administrative processes.
•A reputation as a self-directed worker – more... who uses her initiative to get the job done in a fast-paced work environment with demanding deadlines. – less
Fast paced environment with excellent customer service
Team Manger (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great team to work with, able to travel to different parts of uk to deliver and receive training.
Cons: unable to work from home
I had worked for this company for over 8 years and had many different roles. I took the opportunities to progress my career there, finally ending up as a team manager over 30-40 members of staff.
I worked with some of the best colleagues I could ask for and was constantly supported by them and upper management. Throughout my time there I was able to – more... develop my job description and role as our service changed and was given the freedom to decide on strategies that made us more productive and efficient. My daily tasks included ensuring the line was run to targets and that advice given by advisers to callers was correct, efficient and up to the standards expected by the client. I was also responsible for the time management, quality control and when necessary, disciplinary of advisers. At the same time my day was also spent carrying out ad hoc tasks for the client and answering advisers questions. Team Managers were also responsible for carrying out monthly 121 meetings with each adviser to ensure their quality met standard and to develop and carry out individual coaching plans. We were also responsible for annual personal development plans.
Around two times a year the Team Managers conducted recruitment drives and were responsible for interviewing, hiring and training new members of staff. We were also responsible for ongoing coaching and quality control post initial training.
My time at this company was invaluable to me as it taught me how to work independently and efficiently as well as learning the value of team work. My customer service skills increased significantly as I was able to speak to and advise customers from all over the world. – less
Role at Serco
Customer Service Advisor / Team Coach (Current Employee), Dingwall Buisness ParkSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good working hours
At Serco we deal with various services for Westminster City Council. In the team that I am part of I answer calls from customers when they activate their Lifeline Alarm. within the team we are also the first point of contact for Social Services. We answer customer enquiries rergarding their care. We have do deal with a strict policy of Data Protection.
Started Out Strong
Acquisition Professional (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 19, 2014
With the recent leadership change, this is not the place to work.
It was enjoyable however due to closure not so enjoyable
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Derby Western AustraliaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor management
It was a great and an enjoyable opportunity with this employer however no job security.
Learning Stage
Collection Executive (Current Employee), karachiSeptember 16, 2014
Though it was my first job with regards in building up my career in HR which worked out for me for quite well
Best thing about it was my colleagues.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Highland, SCTSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: no job security, company can not be trusted to tell workers the truth.
Day at work would be very stressful with multiple demands being made over and above normal work load.
Most of what I learned was before the company was bought by Serco.
Management were so worried about their own jobs that they did not care what happened to us.
My colleagues were why I stuck at thee job so long, they were brilliant.
It was very difficult – more... not being able to spend as long on the call as a client needed.
Best bit of the job was my colleagues. – less
Average
Project Manager (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: work timings
Cons: management
Its an average work atmosphere company . the UK impact is not that much in india
LOCATION
QUALITY ASSURANCE/CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Wentzville, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: no work
GREAT PLACE TO WORK - NICE WORK AREA -UNABLE TO SAY MORE SINCE MY SERVICE WAS NOT LONG
no comments
Company Secretary (ACS) Exp2yrs 6months (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: no comments
Cons: no comments
Company gives good opportunities to learn and explore as it is an mnc
fun to deal with customers
customer service associate (Former Employee), agra, indiaSeptember 7, 2014
i have learnt from my team leader, my trainer. the first day of my joining was the hardest day for me and joining part was to satisfy the custner.
Work environment is very fun an interesting
Quality Analyst in PPI (Former Employee), ChennaiSeptember 6, 2014
I have learned many things from Serco. Initially i joined as a Senior customer executive. After that i got promoted as a Quality Analyst.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Campbellsville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: people skills, customer service and responsibilties
Cons: alot of calls
I managed car and hotel reservations. Both Alaska & Southwest Airline reservation goal met by sales and customer support feedback. I learned alot of customer service skills as well as a form in responsibility. I enjoyed being able to please my guests with more than their prefered accommodations.
productive workplace
Back Office Support (Former Employee), mumbaiAugust 31, 2014
Pros: shift base work
Cons: same work
There is no challenging workplace. Same work on daily basis.
Very productive and high standers
GCII Verification Clerk (Current Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 27, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits and hours
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Serco expect to do your job. High expectation. Always learning new thing. Training to everything we do is good.
Excellent company
Apprentice/ Handyman (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: sometimes vigorous work schedule
You will work hard and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. The workers were just awesome and have plenty of knowledge to show you.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more