SERCO

SERCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 4, 2013
It was nice to work with friendly people, receive calls about road test appointments. Supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was difficult to have angry or upset people on the phone. It was great to talk to happy people.
A poor company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: decent wages
Cons: horrible environment, stressful, lacks job security, bad management
Work environment stressful, no support from management, extensive travel involved, not fair distribution of workload between staff. Hopefully you'll be a favourite, if not watch out. Management from supervisors to top of company not good. It's a shame, the wages are decent, but no job security. You'll get sent home all the time when it's quiet so don't – more... actually think just because your full time or you have seniority that you will work a full week. You will have to work weekends in the summer, mandatory overtime and sent home in the winter. It's constantly an unpleasant environment. the reviews I read on hear none of them are from Serco DES all different parts of the company from all over the world. so take them with a grain of salt, company is not run the same everywhere. – less
Terrible company to work for
Driver Examiner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: stressful working conditions, no management support, negative environment
Employees are a liability to this company. Treated awful. Paycheck was only reward. No room for advancement, management terrible, very very negative environment. No job security, sent home all the time if quiet, and docked pay. Laid off, called back, laid off... Dangerous, stressful job with no support from supervisors. Treated as children, the only – more... thing that matters to this company is making money at any expense. There is a terrible attrition rate which is surprising becausing it does pay decent. But the environment in most of the offices is terrible. I highly recommend choosing another career choice. This is a privatized government contract that does expire this September 2013. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Preston, ENGNovember 26, 2014
During my time at serco I was able to develop excellent customer service skills. through the guidance of senior management and my own self drive I was able to become the youngest Acting Duty Manager at the age of 19.

The most enjoyable part of working at Serco, is the enjoyment the patrons get out of every visit to the leisure centre and working in – more... an environment that is very social.

the hardest part of the job is the workload demands from senior management when understaffed. – less
Horrible place to work
Client Service Officer (Former Employee), Adelaide, SANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good money..easy work if you can handle the negativity
Cons: horrible staff morale, infighting, lack of appropriate facilities for staff, very long hours at short notice (14 hr shifts are normal 18+ hrs isn't unusual), always severely under staffed
Horrible gossip culture that's actively and openly encouraged by management. No procedures for anything, No one takes any responsibility for anything.
Paid very well to look the other way.
Do not value staff at all.
Disorganized and lacks integrity
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 24, 2014
Very disorganized company resulting in waste of tax payer monies. Poor communication. Cleanliness and infestation issues. Poor maintenance on the elevators. Management tends to have hidden agendas that override doing what makes good business sense. My management expected me to attend meetings during non work hours but would not provide the appropriate – more... equipment to achieve this (laptop computer and cell phone). They would not return my phone calls and often did not respond to emails. The local site manager asked me not to use email for issues, to come to his office instead so that they (the government) would not be aware of the concerns, yet he could not resolve any issues. Problems obtaining seats (desk, chairs etc.) for my staff. They did not provide adequate instruction to implement their new reports which came out weekly. On one occasion when I asked the creator of a "new" report when we should use it and will it replace a similar report, they said they did not know what it was for. DSMs authorized overtime to staff even though they knew it would not increase productivity (not enough bandwidth to allow additional resources to log in). Some days it would take an hour for the system to allow you to log in. They routinely ran system backups before the end of shift forcing everyone to stop working an hour early. – less
Excellent workplace
Manager - Financial Accountant (Former Employee), New DelhiNovember 23, 2014
Serco is a big organisation. I really enjoyed working there. I had a very experienced bunch of team mates which whom I have learnt a lot about the company and work.
Great managers
Doctrine Technical Writer (Current Employee), Quantico, VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: eleven month contract
Eleven month contract. Not much to say. The position I filled was the same one I had for the previous five years.
Ooo Rah!
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CANovember 21, 2014
Was hired during contract rebid process, in which the company lost.

Originally slated at a SharePoint Admin. Because the security clearance process takes a long time, I was never able to fulfill that roll. I was sidelined to work battle simulation center maintaining servers and workstations IAW DoD STIG.

Loved my coworkers but this site is a far cry – more... from the corporate atmosphere which I never got to experience. – less
na
Senior Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), mumbaiNovember 21, 2014
Achievements in Serco Global Services (Intelenet Global Serv Pvt Ltd
• Have Migrated 2 Barclays processes to India from UK in 2012
• Was a part of the team for the Process Transition and got an opportunity to go to the United Kingdom in Oct 12 for 3 months.
• Consistently achieved quality scores above the targets
• Have been taking care of 2 Barclays – more... processes simultaneously.( Barclays Business Master Registration and Amendments and Barclays.net – less
Professional Environment
SFL-TAP Counselor I (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 20, 2014
This contacting company is very professional. I enjoy being able to assist the services members as they transition from military to civilian sector. A typical day ranges from 7:30-5:30; depending on your weekly duties.
Great company
Administrative Assistant, Logistics Department (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: all the overtime you can handle, good work culture
Cons: too much mandatory over time
Serco is a great place to work with great benefits. Depending on your unit you can have mandatory 60-80 hour work weeks. That is great if your main concern is a big check. However if you like sleep or to see your family, it is a problem. There is a nice company culture.
A full and varied role
Administrator (Current Employee), Shrivenham, ENGNovember 19, 2014
Every day is different depending on what is required to support the staff and students on the course, so I always come in and check emails for any urgent tasks or the staff will have left a note on my desk, voicemail or will pop in to see me. once anything is dealt with I can start working through my to do list where I have prioritised my work which – more... could be:
- Maintaining and preparing Secret/Confidential Registry and documents.
- Distributing mail to students and staff internally and externally.
- Organising travel and accommodation (World Wide).
- Maintaining stationery levels and ensuring the premises is well maintained and professional.
- Reviewing and updating work instructions.
- Reproduction of course work for all students and staff.
- Keeping track of office keys locker keys.
- Maintaining a log of all IT equipment updating when required.
- Inputting information of grades and personal details into databases and spread sheets for student reports.
- Dealing with enquiries via email, telephone and face to face.
- Arranging access onto site for visitors/lecturers and escorting them around, many requiring special treatment such as high profile Military, Media and MP’s, including their payments.
- Handing out exams ensuring all are accounted for on distribution and return.
- Supporting the course students and staff abroad for their main point of contact for admin requirements hotel, restaurant, travel and any other duties.
- Filling out budgetary forms, requests and applying for authorisations
- Updating courseware and information on internet and intranet systems moving files and creating new links. – less
Contractor job
Finance Specialist II (lead)-10 (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYNovember 17, 2014
Company has fair pay and is ideal for military spouses who relocate with their spouse. It allows you to transfer your position,
functional
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 14, 2014
live and die by contracts. know the culture and add value every day, or face extinction
difinately productive
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee), okhalaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: if long hours, they get paid .
a lot of information about travel industry, amazing co-workers, a lot of productive learning, focus on achieving monthly targets. achieved.
Exciting job, plenty of different tasks
DVTE Analyst (Current Employee), 29 Palms, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule (as permitted by training)
Cons: health care was lacking
Update and distribute DVTE suites amongst several commands.
Support MCLOG scenarios for training events.
Develop scenarios according to direction from Marines.
Practice scripting for specific DVTE target events.

Was sent to VBS2 scripting class in Orlando
Will be returning to Orlando to perform acceptance testing on VBS3 for the government in November.

Was – more... able to further my computer skills as well as develop working relationships aboard the base/across the country.

Management was mostly retired Military, so transition was easy.

The hardest part of the job was coordinating training, distribution of suites, support of MCLOG events as well as other company specific training and government training which is usually planned on the same day(s)

The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide variety of simulations I was able to participate in as well as the training for VBS which furthered the amount of control I could exercise in scenarios – less
FUN WORKING ENVIROMENT
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: working by yourself, shows me how to reason and deal with the general public
Cons: pay
I ENJOY THE JOB THAT I DO, I AM ABLE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH A SOMETIMES HOSTILE WORKING ENVIRONMENT WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. I WORK A PRETTY COOL SCHEDULE SO THEREFORE I AM VERY ATTENTIVE DURING MY SHIFT AND ABLE TO ISSUE CITATIONS ACCORDINGLY. I LOVE THIS JOB WOULDN'T CHANGE IT.
Contract position
Quality Assurance Rep (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 10, 2014
Serco hired people then placed them with others to the USPS. Worked at USPS but was an employee of SERCO.
Serco Logistical Supply Analyst II
ANALYST II (Current Employee), PARNovember 8, 2014
Pros: good professional opportunities, positive work place
Cons: travel planning
Serco is a good company and provides many opportunities for their employees. There is a lot of experience and maturity ensuring lots of cohesion and good management.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more