Sephora Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Sephora is a company that is widely known for encompassing the world's most luxury products from different brands and companies into one store. The work environment is a fast-paced, creative, and dynamic for people who are dedicated, innovative, and passionate about serving the needs of the clients. I have learned how to cope with the high volume of clients at the Toronto Eaton Center since it is the number one store in North America. I have learned multi-client servicing, organization, and time management working at this location. The co-workers I work with are all amazing and we follow all the values of "respect for all" at our location. The hardest part of the job however is to be 100% on your game when it gets really busy because of the high volume of clients that come into the store. However, it is also the most enjoyable because we are able to learn together, teach clients and show them whats new in store and share our knowledge. Overall, this is an amazing location to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a position at Sephora.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun, busy, fast paced work environment
Colour & Cash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2016
- assisting clients with product knowledge, makeup and skincare routines
- providing mini makeovers, foundation matches, etc.
- I learned how to multi client service, how to manage my time, excel in a fast paced environment
- management was supportive, encouraged growth
- co-workers were friendly, respectful, caring
- often times the store felt understaffed, extremely busy
- being able to work with amazing co-workers and clients
Pros
free lunches, free product, extensive product knowledge trainings
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, difficult to book time off
Fun workplace, awful pay
Beauty Studio Captain (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2016
Always busy, the day flies by. However, unless you're kissing the right butt, you'll never advance no matter how qualified. I worked there for three and a half years, full time hours, with no advancement. Not to mention you're paid basic minimum wage.
Overall Experience at Sephora
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
My overall experience with Sephora was pleasant and it is a work place I would encourage people of all diversities to apply to because the company really values their employees for their contribution to the success of the company!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Gratis, Incentives, Training/Education, Employees, Company Values, Fair Breaks
Cons
some issues with manager, each individual store will be different
Stable/Productive workplace
Stock Coordinator, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2016
A typical day can consist of receiving products and simply merchandising them in the according areas.

Management and co-workers are friendly/welcoming and are always maintaining a positive experience.

Hardest/most tasking aspect of the job is the attention to detail in the late hours of the morning when fatigue starts to set in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the reviewing the end result of a hard days work.
Pros
Consistent hours, Stable/safe workplace, friendly staff
Cons
Overnight, Unable to independently listen to music/podcast etc.
What an awesome place to be
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2016
It was a wonderful work experience. I worked with some wonderfully talented people,and under an amazing boss. I grew an astounding amount as a sales person, and as a employee over all.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
I only worked there a few months before I had to move
good place to learn
Senior Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  senior artist19 February 2016
they give great opportunity to advance as long as you work hard
great teaching strategies
great educators
management is horrible in most locations
Pros
learn lots in fragrance skin care and make up
Cons
too many
Friendly workplace! Wage, not so great..
Cashier, makeup advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2016
working at sephora was a great experience. i gained a lot of knowledge on top of the knowledge i previously had about makeup and cosmetology. management was set up well along with the employees i worked with. everyone was friendly and welcoming. the only down side was the wage. i was travelling a distance from Hamilton to Burlington and only getting paid minim wage, which i was not pleased about. I was experienced and a certified makeup artist and was not getting paid accordingly. other than that, sephora is a great company to be a part of.
Pros
many breaks, free products!
Cons
A fun company to work for
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2016
Awesome co-workers and great management. There are no stripes. Everyone is treated respectfully, clients and other co-workers.

Learned a lot more about the beauty industry than ever before and met down to earth brand reps.

Hope to reapply for the holiday season in 2016
Pros
Amazing gratis
fun place to work if you don't need to focus much on your earnings
cosmetic consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 February 2016
The people and culture typically are the best parts of the job. Its a fun place to work and it definitely will keep you busy. However for such a prestigious company the pay is practically unethical and sometimes feels like a scam. People who were hired years after me started to make more money than I did which makes 0 sense. And it's not uncommon for this to happen. It is a demanding job ill say that, as clients usually need a lot of time and attention when being assisted. It can be fun and usually the time will pass by well since you can be with one client for a fairly long time. With that said, since your job requires a lot of training and your work is fairly specialized you would think the pay wouldn't be minimum wage. Even for those who worked there for years. It's a good job for teens i'd say.
Pros
Gratis incentive, usually very fun and exciting
Cons
pay is outrageously low, moving up in the company is unattainable, do not let you travel from November 1st- January

Want to know more about Sephora?

Ask a question
fun environment
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
interesting place to work
luxury goods retailer a different environment
a different way of managing
team was fun many different associates
Pros
make-up gratis, managing 20-30 cast members
Cons
extreme early morning schedule
Productive, colorful and fast paced environment
Operations Consultant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
I have enjoyed working at Sephora, I've learned about different skin care techniques, how to achieve sale goals, and all the different types of make up products. The people working there are wonderful as well, bright positive energy! The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make clients happy after recommending different products they would try out as well as testing products on ourselves too! Other than being on the floor and working at the cash register, I handled stock and items being shipped to the store weekly. Had to update inventory and managed where products belonged and if they were in or out of stock.
Pros
Gratis; Free makeup products and bonuses if sales goals are met
Cons
Long busy holiday hours
Fast paced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
A typical day at work would be at the till ringing the customers through, answering the phones, helping people find products that they need. I learned a lot of excellent customer service tips that I will carry with me. There wasn't anything that I would say was hard, very easy simple job. The most enjoyable part was the team. The people I worked with were wonderful to work beside.
nice place to work
Seasonal Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2016
it was a nice place to work, but not very organized in how they announce things and how they went about some things. co-workers were nice and fun people to work with,
enjoyable thing about this job was to help people with what they wanted

management is ok but could use some work and more training for everyone
Fun Job
Cashier/Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2015
I worked here as a part timer. This job was fun! As long as you don't pay attention to politics, you would love this job

We also got monthly bonuses depending on the team if we achieved our monthly goals
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Stressful environment, but a great value based company
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
Fast paced and exciting environment. Very focused on being a team player and advancing the company together rather than individual sales goals. For the size of the company, as well as the size of the store (can have up to 210 employees at a time) they manage their cast well.
Pros
Value based system, often brands bring in coffee or lunch
Cons
Very stressful environment, emotionally draining work
Great Place to Work
Colour consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2015
Training was incredibly thorough and very instructive, Leadership is supportive and understanding, environment is professional but fun and interactive
the most enjoyable part of the job
Color specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab22 October 2015
I loves being around so many people and getting to know clients and having fun sitting them down doing their makeup. I learned so much from working there. And made life long friends.
Amazing environment and very fast paced
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 October 2015
My typical work day involves organizing the stock, the backroom, keeping everything organized and easily accessed. The management is made up of a group of really motivating and inspiring individuals. The co-workers are really amazing at working together to get everything time in proficient manner.
Environment conducive to learning & expertise, leadership
Color Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
Your day starts with a "touch base" in which the sales updates of the previous day will be reviewed with each shift change group. We set goals and keep track of client feedback and online reviews about the Sephora location. Management will often do the same job as other employee but mostly delegate. The main problem in management (for a few not all) stem from their lax attitude to their own version of following the rules. But they practice self-regulation since management is also regulated by other management members and the creative director (lead manager of store). Co-workers can often be clique-y but will not antagonize each other. The hardest part of the job is coming to work and keeping a positive attitude (especially in the face of rude/curt clientele) and realizing that if you work too hard, other member of the team will just let you do all the work. It is also pretty annoying when other cast members don't clean up after themselves and even more annoying when you bring it up and they act "hurt' but will continue to do it if you don't bring it up :I ..The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing how much you've grown in your job (you have so many new skills under your belt now) more so because of how educationally enrouraging the environment is. Stepping back and seeing your work is another awesome pro.
Pros
Great learning environment with opportunities to grow
Cons
Tasks are repetitive and clientele are often short, demanding & rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.