Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and upbeat work environment for the cosmetics lovers out there
Skin Consultant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: it's like disneyland for people who love makeup and skincare.
Cons: very high ops tempo mixed with very low ops, can be dificult to promote
I had fun day to day. It was more like a hobby than a job, however I did feel like it was more for fun than for a career after almost a year. Our particular store didn't have as many advancement opportunities as I had hoped, but it was also a brand new store, so there wasn't a lot of turnover while I was there. The store director was great and hired – more... a very cohesive team. It is a very education-oriented environment too, so you aren't likely to stagnate in your skills unless you really try. They make sure everyone is up to date on product knowledge and artistry skills as needed. There are several chances for non-management to take on leadership roles, however its on your personal initiative to address it with the management. The hardest part of the job, and the best part of the job is the same thing-- dealing with the general public in a retail AND service industry. You can make someone's day by teaching them how to rock a new red lipstick or finding a perfect gift for the hard to shop for husband, but you will also get clients who refuse to use the hygienic supplies given, or that will complain because they are trying to get something for free. But that is par for the course. Overall it was a fun place to work. – less
great seasonal work
Make-up Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: very busy, free product
Cons: was only 3 months, horrible pay
In the beginning I was at the register most of the time. As time went on I was promoted to the skin care section. I am a licensed Esthetician so it was a great fit for me. This was a seasonal position.
Fun Place make people feel good about them selves
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 2, 2014
Pros: make people feel good
Cons: n/a
Answer emails
stock store with product
be on stage and help with coverage make up and skin care.
ring clients with there purchases.
great place to work
color consultant (Former Employee), orange county, caFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: artistry, training, education
Cons: wages!
Love being a Sephora employee. Love the client interaction, work life balance, cast members, and even the leadership. However, the way we get paid is absolutely ludicrous. We don't work on commission, even though the majority of us can sell phenomenally, unbiased, and truthful.
Our hourly rate is laughable. We are owned by louis Vuitton, yet our wages – more... are darn near close to slavery. Its like pulling teeth when we inquire about raises, even though we work so hard to achieve sales, percentages, and client love through these ridiculous surveys that don't help in advancement or personal growth at all. We get a "bonus" if and only when the store is performing, but even with the bonus I only make $3000 dollars over poverty level in California, so we make too much to get government assistance, but not enough to support oneself and or a family. This job would be amazing, if they paid their employees adequately. We sell well over $100,000 a WEEK, yet get compensated only slightly over minimum wage. – less
Fun place
Operations/Merchandising (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: part time work
Cons: great environment
The atmosphere is great but the fact that they hire countless people to work 5 hrs a week gives you little room to be full time. The only full time people are 'leads', the rest are part time.
Seasonal Sephora Cashier
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great discount, awesome co-workers, great money
Cons: not much room for advancement
Seasonal Cashier position at Sephora is a very good position to have. If you work very hard and keep in touch with the managers, express that you would love a regular position with Sephora you might just get considered.
A amazing experiance
Beauty Studio Artist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, beauty products, education provided by sephora, and all brands
Cons: healthcare
A typical day would consist of cleaning my station and re stalking all my materials, making sure my brushes are dry from the night before cleaning, then you get your daily dose from your dic in charge, You start walking around greeting all the amazing clients and pull someone in my chair to show them exactly what they want and techniques. After that – more... client is done and your sale is closed you move on to meet more amazing clients, At the end of your shift you clean up your station and wash your brushes, look at all your successful sales and you end your day , looking forward to doing it all again. – less
It was alright
Skincare Expert and Color Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, free product
Cons: no work life balance
It was a great place to learn new and exciting things, but the store manager was a pain and was a hypocrite, She expected you to be at the store early for your shift but she was always late. Team was amazing and all the gratis you got from vendors always makes things better
Productive and fun job with great co-workers and professional management
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee), FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, excellent managment
Cons: part time positions only
Learn about the new products and the new company weekly golds.
Management is fair and follow company policies
Co-workers are friendly and professional.
The hardest but not impossible part of the job is keeping pleasing all customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the smiles of a happy customer.
Nice
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 23, 2014
Gratis is a bonus, if you love makeup or the cosmetic industry, you'll love it here. It's always busy and it's fun.
Growing Experience
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: products, employee discounts, pay
Cons: management
The management here wasn't the best but the employees were all friendly and the products and services were excellent, with great prices.
I enjoyed work everyday
Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: being of assistance to customers.
Cons: on feet alot. this was a seasonal job.
A great place to meet people and be of assistance to the customers. my co-workers were very helpful and educating.
Endless education and a highly energetic setting.
Seasonal Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free education, gratis for beauty advisers, artistic freedom.
Cons: heavily demanding during holiday season
My short time at Sephora was enough to broaden and tune my interests in the retail beauty industry. This company is perfectly aware of staying ahead of all competition and being confident all team members are ideal candidates to follow such a model.

Sephora breaths beauty, fun, and brilliant customer service. Any given day was guaranteed to present – more... me with new challenges, a set of duties to fulfill, new product information, and excellent guidance as well as opportunity to exhibit artistic style.

The team was large but very well coordinated thanks to very skilled and enthusiastic leaders, veterans, and novices. There was a strong sense of support and family among the team at all times.

The greatest challenge was to accommodate as many clients to ensure the best sales possible. This was due to the high-volume store and heavy traffic this location sees on a daily basis. Although there were high expectations, I enjoyed how achievable the standards seemed due to moral support and infectious high energy of the overall team.

I fell in love with the balance of many virtues this company has and how exclusive I felt when I stated I was a makeup artist for this company. – less
Easy way to Learn from multiple Brands.
Makeup artist/Sale Associate (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: learning multiple brands
Cons: management wasn't the best.
A Typical day was , Cleaning Brands and Do Makeover.
What i learned to work with multiple Brands.
Management , Not very organize.
My co-workers AMAZING!
Getting Management to lisent.
The most enjoyable party was to Teach Clients Makeup.
I enjoyed the pace of the enviroment. Everyone always kept busy.
Picker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: loved being cross trained in different departments and always keeping that fast paced enviroment.
Cons: i was never hired on.
I was temporary through an agency and after working there so long I was never hired on. I had one of the highest picking numbers so I didn't quiet understand that part.
Cosmetics
Store Director (Former Employee), AZFebruary 14, 2014
Gratis and compensation are average.
Company changes direction swiftly, so being nimble is key.
Leads innovation in marketshare.
Canvas of smiles and color
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free products, contests and achievable goals made selling fun
Cons: scheduling was done via e-mail when i had limited internet access, training was never completed
Sephora is a fast-pased makeup playground for all sorts of people. I really loved working here and helping people find the right look for them. I learned more than I ever thought I could about skincare and application of product that I thought i ever would. I loved my co-workers, and my old manager. Magagement did some shifting, however, and the new – more... team members did change how things were done. This did make it hard for me, despite still enjoying my time here. – less
Creative work environment for artists
Color Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: poor scheduling by management, frequent micro-management, rarely educated on artistry techniques.
Engaging work environment with the opportunity to express creativity through artistry. Retail environment.
nice co workwers long hours
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: to many 12 hour shifts. not enough pay
long 12 hour shifts almost everyday. not enough pay. cool free samples we were able to bring home. management was very tough and was strict over every little thing.
Fun & very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Troy, MichiganFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about different brands of makeup/skin care
Cons: not enough hours
Cashed out clients, provided makeup applications when asked & gave feedback on products when asked by clients.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more