Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day at work
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: the whole job experience
Cons: no cons
a typical day is all about being beautiful and making the customers feel beautiful.
fun place to work
Product Consultant (Current Employee), DenverJuly 16, 2014
Good company to work for, pay is decent. But several amazing perks such as gratis also the enviroment
overal great
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: skilled management
Cons: part time hours
I really enjoyed the daily routine and atmosphere, was able to apply what I learned from schooling to the job which made me feel great and learned much more
Good Job
Beauty Consultant, Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Forum ShopsJuly 12, 2014
Great ambiance, great co-workers, good job, nice managers, great compensation.
Great cast/coworkers, fun and exciting clients
Beauty Studio Captain, Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Salem, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun with clients and coworkers, meeting great new people
Cons: not so great managment
I love Sephora so much because the clients are like no other. They have a love for the employees as if we were all family. It is great getting to know new people daily providing a fun work environment.
Fun workplace
Sales manager (Former Employee), Dijon, A1July 10, 2014
I was a sales person in camera department. I worked to Fnac only the saturday to pay my studies
Fun workplace.
COLOR LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San juan, Puerto RicoJuly 9, 2014
Non professional workplace. A lot of employees without knowledge about the products.
Fun place to work, with interesting people
Operatioins Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2014
if individuals took their responsibilities seriously, or were held accountable, it would be a great place to work. people are fun, and the management, when they're tuned in, are really awesome and they know what they're doing.
Okay place to work, but not enough advancement in job.
Back up forklift driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2014
Pros: every year we have a company party, great co-workers
Cons: not being able to advance
Typical day would start out people would start to pick the items or going into replenishment depending what they needed you for. I have learned certain things in the business such as loading the trucks when needed why it is important for safty in the warehouse also I have worked in almost all of the departments in the warehouse so I have a great knowledge – more... of the the departments. Management has been supportive during my time off for the birth of our child, however there is still the part of favortism in the work place and not getting the oppertunities for advancement. Most of the people I work with are very sincere, kind and willing to help when needed and very supportive. It is a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is staying long hours when needed working multiple days in a row during holiday, and being over looked when trying to advance in the job. I enjoy my co-workers very much everyone is respectful towards each other. – less
Interesting & Fast-Paced Environment
Senior Education Consultant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 3, 2014
The best part of my job is learning about the different brands and products featured at Sephora Inside JCPenney's. I enjoy educating product consultants about skincare and color brands through informative and engaging agendas.
Productive, Fun and Great Place to Learn
Fragrance Expert/Visual Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: there is no growth
You get to engaged and educated clients on the latest products available and how to use the products. Your not just a make- artists but also someone who can make an impact with just a little color.
Awesome Culture!
Specialist (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: tons of training and development...loads of gratis!
Cons: the outfits..lord have mercy.
I had a blast working for this company! Others can't touch it...maybe Apple Retail.
Productive and fun enviornment
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 30, 2014
Pros: grpwth in makeup artistry skills and skin care knowledge
Cons: benefits and no hours
Work was great i enjoyed my job management was ok and my co-workers were awesome. My job was very easy and always exciting!
Tech 1 and bu driver (Former Employee), Salt lake, UtahJune 27, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: n/a
I picked product and replinished product.
We all work as a team.
Loved being able to try all the new products and recommend them to clients.
Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: first to try new products
Cons: management skills
I was only seasonal during my time at Sephora so I only experienced a few months with the company. However, with my experience level in makeup and knowledge of product it didn't seem to make a difference to management. I did witness some favoritism but didn't let it affect my work ethic.

Over all I love the company but not fond of the way it was managed.
Sales associate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2014
Busy, requires lots of team work. Management is switched around alot so there is not much consistency.
Loved working for this company.
Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MN.June 25, 2014
Pros: lots of downtime in between movies, free movies, great support from the community, great free food from surrounding restaurants.
Cons: short breaks & not enough pay
I started working for Mann Theatres of Minnesota when I was 14. This was my first job & the job that gave me all of the skills I've used in all my other jobs as well as today as I am self employed. It was the foundation to who I am as a business woman today as well as personally has shaped me.
seasonal cast member
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee), NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: long breaks
Great company to work for. Sephora appreciates their employees and recognizes hard work. Best part of the job is the happy clients.
Work life balance
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: short breaks, minimal growth
This is a great company to work for. You have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the business from customer service, skincare, makeup, fragrance, etc. Some locations are busier than others, mine in particular was quite busy almost everyday of the week. Therefore everyone was busy multiple client servicing. However most of the coworkers got – more... along and were friendly. The hardest part of the job is the non stop talking and walking back and forth in the store which will leave you beat at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part are the trainings, gratis and work life balance. – less
Meeting all types of people
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working with clients to provide them with the best service.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more