Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic and creative atmosphere
Skin Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CA.January 28, 2014
The weekend where the busiest days, with a few days down time i learn about the different products (ingredients, product placement etc). Management does a lot of micromanaging the employee's. My co-workers where for the most part very creative. The hardest part of my job was the slow days, when there where less clients.
Great Work Environment!!
Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, Pa.January 27, 2014
Pros: brand reps and you get to try a ton of new products
Cons: none!!!
I absolutely love Sephora! Its a great place to learn, grow, and find your perfect fit within the LVMH company. The people, cast and clients both, are amazing! My favorite part of working for Sephora is our clients! They are amazing!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Fast paced. Much to always do. There never time to stand around. They motivate you.
Fulfilling, rewarding, eye opening
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: passion
Cons: temporary position
Working at Sephora was uplifting everyday.
I learned a lot about myself and my passion.
Management was very unerstanding and appreciatve.
Coworkers were great and thoughtful.
Keeping sample stations clean.
Uplifting clients fulfilling their needs.
Great people in a great environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Everyone is a team at Sephora and you deal with things as a family and not just on your own. The people that work there are extremely caring and are willing to bend over backwards to help other coworkers. The management is also outstanding. I love making people happy by showing how beautiful they can really be.
Great company, fun and energetic. Great learning enviroment
Beauty Studio Captain/Artist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great training, awesome one on one's with brands. continued education in both brands and artistry.
Cons: bad management, violated break policy, not much team work
Working at Sephora was a great pleasure, I learned a lot about customer Service as well as expanding my Artistry as a make-up artist. I was able to grow a lot within the year that I was there. I went from working at the cash register to managing the Beauty Studio within a 6 month period.
It was a learning tool for me as I had just completed my esthetician course
Sales Associate (Part-time Seasonal) (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: got free samples of products
Cons: was only a seasonal/temporary position
A typical day at work included dealing with customers, provided express services; I learned a lot about customer needs and the proper use of implements and cosmetics for certain face shapes and colors. My co-workers were fabulous; the hardest part of the job was to not buy a lot of the products - there was always something new.
like my job
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: no communication in dept.
coworkers are like a family to me.
company as a whole has great energy.
fun energetic place to work with great perks
Color specialist/makeup artist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: long days on your feet
-Cast on the sales floor is always knowledgeable and friendly
-Knowledge in all worlds including skin care, hair care, make up, and fragrence
-Multi client servicing is the most difficult part of the job
-Management is always helpful in leading our team and store
-Great perks such as free products and flexible hours
It's like High School!
Skin Care Lead, Operations Lead, Color Lead (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: gratis, medical benefits(full time)
Cons: pay is lowest in the industry, drama, management is biased
I worked for Sephora for 5 years. There is always a bunch of drama going on with she said this kind of stuff. I moved up the ladder quickly in the first two years and then I ran into a manager that didn't like me. Made the rest of my time there hell! So it's one or two things, be prepared to not move up with the company or kiss a lot of butt!
problems
Cash Auditor (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: paid okay
Cons: healthcare, lunch breaks
a typical day at work is making sure the money throughout the store is correct and there isn't any shortage as the day goes on. Banking is another part of my day, ordering money and paying the bank back its its loans.
Typical Day at Sephora
Operations Consultant/Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Kansas City , MissouriJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work schuedule
Cons: advancement
A typical day at Sephora usually started by checking my workload. I usually work on new setups , transfers back to the distributions, process weekly shipment or if i didnt have any operational duties I would help on the sales floor.
very fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYJanuary 14, 2014
If you love anything beauty related than i would not hesitate to work here. you get to do what you love and the time flies by so quickly. You learn so much and you get to use all the new knowledge on a daily basis. the hardest part of the job is standing all day, the easiest part of the job is that you get to do what you love so for the most part everything – more... is easy. – less
Great challenging place to work.
Beauty Manager (Former Employee), algonquin, ilJanuary 13, 2014
Loved working in this challenging fast paces environment.
fun place to grow with make up
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: all the makeup to try
Cons: no job security
applying make up to customers
working with clients one on one
product knowledge of all the brands we carried.
always having a smile on and a great attitude
answering the phones
setting up appointments

hardest part : working with not all the knowledge of the company

most enjoyable : working with the costumers and getting the makeup look they wanted
A learning experience
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: working with multiple cosmetic lines
Cons: long commute and little hours
This was my first retail job ever and my first job in the cosmetic industry. I learned how to apply make up, use skin care products, and a lot of product knowledge. I loved all my co workers, everyone taught me something different and it was a very positive environment.
Great products
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2014
overall a great company but where i worked the management staff needed some management training as well as cosmetic training.
General Ledger Accountant
Senior Accountant - General Ledger (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: nice people, great pay if you are hourly as there is much overtime.
Cons: massive disorganization, low personal ownership of tasks, long hours for comp time that can never be used, zero interaction with upper management, immediate manager has no bandwidth for regular checkins.
The General Ledger group is a cubicle farm - no department culture or interaction. Everyone has heads down all day. Management does not have the bandwidth to fix issues, so the wheel is often re-invented. Upper management takes no interest in team. Reporting department next to me, on the other hand, seems fun with team building exercises, outings, and – more... regular visits from their VP. Not sure why the GL dept is so sad. – less
Overall a very exciting and constantly changing work enviroment
Operations/Recovery (Current Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: brands providing gratis for workers and bonuses
Cons: hours are very limited for recovery team
A day at work consists of processing shipment up stocking, recovering the store, and sometimes offering client services.. I have learn many things at this job . I have been educated on multiple product types we have to offer, trained on providing excellent client services when working on the floor. The management is amazing and very supportive as well – more... as my coworkers. Transitioning from the Century City location to this location has been very smooth and extremely welcoming. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a manager compliments our team on all the work we did. – less
the best company to work with
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), SFO CITYJanuary 8, 2014
the best company to work with. acquired new tech's ..work structure

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more