Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

makeup and makeup!! Girls dream
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  edmonton abApril 30, 2014
Typical day was really busy ! LOTS of clients .
Learned lots about different makeup products.
Co- workers were friendly
Hardest part of the job was working every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about all the cosmetic brands the store offered.
Pros
discounts
Cons
working every weekend.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2014
The staff was really nice I got along with everybody. We had everyday goals and weekly goals as well. I learned a lot about the make up industry that I didn't know before also it pushed me to apply a make up school and i ended being certified and I'm very proud of that.
Pros
snacks from staff members and managers
Cons
sometimes slow days
Fun workplace,
FULL TIME SKIN CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
I find Sephora being a really fun work place and it definitely helps you to grow if you want to grow with the company. There is really no limit about where you could be in the company as long as you have the desire to be there.
Productive and fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mbJuly 15, 2014
Sephora is a great place to work, my co-workers are respectful and friendly. it is a place where you meet people that grow to become a family and above all it is a place of high standards and great customer service to its client.
grat place to work
recovery (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2014
typical day was spend on the phone talking with costumers asking them about their experience with a certain type of service they had
Pros
students were allowed to do their homework between calls
Fun Environment
Makeup & Client Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Fun and innovative. Staff and customers always teach you somethiwng different and new
Innovative, cutting-edge
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
sales and makeup application.
fun and friendly staff.
A lot of innovative technology and initiatives.
Amazing and unique approach to customer service with fantastic corporate culture
Skincare Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Sephora is dedicated to excelling, like no other, in customer service. In fact we call our customers "clients". A customer comes in and buys something. A client is someone you build a personal and ongoing relationship with - this is what we want @ Sephora.

Like no other cosmetics retailer, Sephora spends enormous amounts of time and money investing in education. We call ourselves "The Beauty Authority" and we back that up by ensuring that our staff have unexcelled product knowledge which is updated with constant training by our education staff as well as by all our brand representatives as well.

Sephora has a very clear and unparalleled corporate culture called "The Seven Values". They are the REASON I wanted to work for them. The values guide our every move, every aspect of how we relate to our clients and how we relate to each other. Passion for the Client, Teamwork, Innovation, Initiative, Respect for all ... are some examples. "Respect for ALL" is our over-riding value for every thing we do and who we are.

I am at the Canadian Headquarters store. We are expected to lead, innovate and pilot for the rest of the company. We are EXTREMELY busy, having doubled our sales figures in only 3 years. We have risen through the ranks, as a store, to the point where we now rank # 14 in the entire world for sales. We are very HIGH achievers.

Every day I meet with our clients and discuss their very individual needs and concerns. I listen acutely and ask carefully insightful questions so as to uncover real and hidden needs. Each client is educated as far as is appropriate for their needs
  more... and given new insights and approaches. I try to make each client laugh at least once and demonstrate to them, by our not being on commission, that my recommendations are sincerely motivated and not just sales motivated. We do care about our clients.

Some of the biggest challenges are watching how the public can so often be shockingly disrespectful of us as people and disrespectful the property of the store, throwing garbage on the floor, stuffing dirty tissues in between product, lying about returns, stealing from us, insulting us at times and making unbelievable demands that cross the line of reason. We deal with this however, but returning ourselves to the Seven Values and remembering that most of our clients are wonderful people.

Sephora has taught me that the Seven Values are more than just useful on the job, as part of the company's culture, but that they are useful and desirable in everything that I do. It's non-commission culture has taught me how to show ultimate respect and genuine care for clients. These skills have stood me in good stead OUTSIDE of Sephora. I've sat on a Working Group for a massive real estate development project in my neighbhourhood, negotiating with Developers, City Planners and Councillors. It has been a controversial and often confrontational experience, and through my Sephora experience I've been able to calmly and respectfully negotiate with people I've often disagreed with in the extreme. And that has shown clear, remarkable results.

By having "Respect for ALL" I've learned how to sit at boardroom tables, in committees and respectfully discuss real and significant issues that have generated some quite outstanding results. My contribution to our Working Group was to be informed and to encourage members of the Working Group to show the utmost respect at every point in our negotiations, no matter how incendiary those can get. The main architect of the project once remarked that he has never seen such an informed and respectful Working Group. I take a measure of responsibility for that. "Respect for ALL" should be a life value for anyone.

People, our clients, are the best part of the job. I have many loyal clients, some whom I've known for years, that return for my services and Sephora has equipped me with everything I've needed to bring out the best in myself in order to serve them.
Pros
as in the main body of my review. client survey feedback, bonuses, feeling part of a highly accomplished team.
Cons
extremely loud music that quite often makes conversation and consultation extraordinarily difficult.
Environnement de travail stimulant mais mauvaise gestion des postes
poste de caissière (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine (62)March 2, 2016
L'ambiance était très stimulante et les responsables de plancher étaient toujours à notre disposition, ce qui était un magnifique avantage. En travaillant pour Sehpora j'ai appris à rester calme même lors des moments les plus occupés et à fournir le meilleur service à la clientèle possible grâce aux nombreuses formations fournies par l'entreprise. L'entraide était une valeur importante pour la majorité des employés et des gérants. Cependant, j'ai trouvé quelque peu malhonnête leur façon de mettre fin aux emplois saisonniers. Sans aucuns préavis ou dédommagement, ils ne laissaient même pas les employés terminé leur quart de travail et les renvoyait directement à la maison. J'ai tout de même apprécié travailler pour cette entreprise car de nombreuses marques de cosmétiques en magasin ne testaient pas sur les animaux et ne contenaient aucuns produits animal, ce qui me permettait de sensibiliser un grand nombre de client(e)s.
Pros
Entraide, ambiance de travail stimulante
Cons
Instabilité de l'emploi, fausses promesses
Environnement de travail très agreable
Conseillère en soin (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Travail d`équipe très présent
Très bonne communication
Respect de chaque employés
Excelentte reconnaissance de travail envers les employés
Tres bien
Maquilleuse (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 14, 2016
une journee en tant que maquilleuse permet de rencontrer plusieurs clientes cultivées et qui aiment apprendre
environnement agréable
Directrice de magasin (Current Employee) –  st-brunoJanuary 27, 2014
chez Sephora les opportunités sont grande et le développement professionnel est une priorité.
Chaque jour des défis vous y attendent!
Pros
coaching
Cons
aucun belle entreprise