Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Cast Member) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Sephora is by far the best job I have worked at yet! Amazing team, fun enviroment and very motivational.
Pros
gratis/cast members/managment team/enviroment
Cons
long hours/standard pay
grat place to work
recovery (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2014
typical day was spend on the phone talking with costumers asking them about their experience with a certain type of service they had
Pros
students were allowed to do their homework between calls
Innovative, cutting-edge
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
sales and makeup application.
fun and friendly staff.
A lot of innovative technology and initiatives.
Fun Environment
Makeup & Client Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Fun and innovative. Staff and customers always teach you somethiwng different and new
Great work life balance
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 15, 2013
Sephora has a great work life balance. The company values their employees and gives a lot back.
Productive and fun workplace with new people every thirty minutes, a makeup brush and a pencil!
Sales Associate/Resident Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor ontarioOctober 7, 2012
I loved working in this environment, The team was great and offered great costumer service.
I learned allot working within this company, They taught me to extend on my communication skills, how to create ongoing bonds with clients, time management skills and how to keep a positive perspective on work even on a "bad" day.
They managed great! They tactics were amazing to a point where i didn't feel the need to question or doubt any decision that they went forward in, They were open minded to ideas and willing to let others hand in there creativity when needed. I made a great bond with my co workers, they were very positive and ended up being more of a little family apposed to people id work with. Working with people is always a great thing but always the hardest, people are very judgmental when it comes to makeup or style, telling someone the way they do something they have been doing there whole life is never easy, i learned there is always a way to put something, i learned to take every negative aspect and try to turn it into positive, teaching a client always seemed to be the hardest, especially a stubborn one, but it was always worth while in the end. The fact that i was doing something i loved, something that i knew so much about and was still learning and growing a stronger passion for what i enjoyed was very beneficial and enjoyable for me, i loved every up and down of it!
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
negative energy.
Amazing and unique approach to customer service with fantastic corporate culture
Skincare Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Sephora is dedicated to excelling, like no other, in customer service. In fact we call our customers "clients". A customer comes in and buys something. A client is someone you build a personal and ongoing relationship with - this is what we want @ Sephora.

Like no other cosmetics retailer, Sephora spends enormous amounts of time and money investing in education. We call ourselves "The Beauty Authority" and we back that up by ensuring that our staff have unexcelled product knowledge which is updated with constant training by our education staff as well as by all our brand representatives as well.

Sephora has a very clear and unparalleled corporate culture called "The Seven Values". They are the REASON I wanted to work for them. The values guide our every move, every aspect of how we relate to our clients and how we relate to each other. Passion for the Client, Teamwork, Innovation, Initiative, Respect for all ... are some examples. "Respect for ALL" is our over-riding value for every thing we do and who we are.

I am at the Canadian Headquarters store. We are expected to lead, innovate and pilot for the rest of the company. We are EXTREMELY busy, having doubled our sales figures in only 3 years. We have risen through the ranks, as a store, to the point where we now rank # 14 in the entire world for sales. We are very HIGH achievers.

Every day I meet with our clients and discuss their very individual needs and concerns. I listen acutely and ask carefully insightful questions so as to uncover real and hidden needs. Each client is educated as far as is appropriate for their needs
  more... and given new insights and approaches. I try to make each client laugh at least once and demonstrate to them, by our not being on commission, that my recommendations are sincerely motivated and not just sales motivated. We do care about our clients.

Some of the biggest challenges are watching how the public can so often be shockingly disrespectful of us as people and disrespectful the property of the store, throwing garbage on the floor, stuffing dirty tissues in between product, lying about returns, stealing from us, insulting us at times and making unbelievable demands that cross the line of reason. We deal with this however, but returning ourselves to the Seven Values and remembering that most of our clients are wonderful people.

Sephora has taught me that the Seven Values are more than just useful on the job, as part of the company's culture, but that they are useful and desirable in everything that I do. It's non-commission culture has taught me how to show ultimate respect and genuine care for clients. These skills have stood me in good stead OUTSIDE of Sephora. I've sat on a Working Group for a massive real estate development project in my neighbhourhood, negotiating with Developers, City Planners and Councillors. It has been a controversial and often confrontational experience, and through my Sephora experience I've been able to calmly and respectfully negotiate with people I've often disagreed with in the extreme. And that has shown clear, remarkable results.

By having "Respect for ALL" I've learned how to sit at boardroom tables, in committees and respectfully discuss real and significant issues that have generated some quite outstanding results. My contribution to our Working Group was to be informed and to encourage members of the Working Group to show the utmost respect at every point in our negotiations, no matter how incendiary those can get. The main architect of the project once remarked that he has never seen such an informed and respectful Working Group. I take a measure of responsibility for that. "Respect for ALL" should be a life value for anyone.

People, our clients, are the best part of the job. I have many loyal clients, some whom I've known for years, that return for my services and Sephora has equipped me with everything I've needed to bring out the best in myself in order to serve them.
Pros
as in the main body of my review. client survey feedback, bonuses, feeling part of a highly accomplished team.
Cons
extremely loud music that quite often makes conversation and consultation extraordinarily difficult.
Environnement de travail stimulant mais mauvaise gestion des postes
poste de caissière (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine (62)March 2, 2016
L'ambiance était très stimulante et les responsables de plancher étaient toujours à notre disposition, ce qui était un magnifique avantage. En travaillant pour Sehpora j'ai appris à rester calme même lors des moments les plus occupés et à fournir le meilleur service à la clientèle possible grâce aux nombreuses formations fournies par l'entreprise. L'entraide était une valeur importante pour la majorité des employés et des gérants. Cependant, j'ai trouvé quelque peu malhonnête leur façon de mettre fin aux emplois saisonniers. Sans aucuns préavis ou dédommagement, ils ne laissaient même pas les employés terminé leur quart de travail et les renvoyait directement à la maison. J'ai tout de même apprécié travailler pour cette entreprise car de nombreuses marques de cosmétiques en magasin ne testaient pas sur les animaux et ne contenaient aucuns produits animal, ce qui me permettait de sensibiliser un grand nombre de client(e)s.
Pros
Entraide, ambiance de travail stimulante
Cons
Instabilité de l'emploi, fausses promesses
Environnement de travail très agreable
Conseillère en soin (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Travail d`équipe très présent
Très bonne communication
Respect de chaque employés
Excelentte reconnaissance de travail envers les employés
Tres bien
Maquilleuse (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 14, 2016
une journee en tant que maquilleuse permet de rencontrer plusieurs clientes cultivées et qui aiment apprendre
environnement agréable
Directrice de magasin (Current Employee) –  st-brunoJanuary 27, 2014
chez Sephora les opportunités sont grande et le développement professionnel est une priorité.
Chaque jour des défis vous y attendent!
Pros
coaching
Cons
aucun belle entreprise