Sephora Employee Reviews

Excellent
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2015
I loved working here over Christmas. They treat their employees very well and offer constant opportunities for advancement and education. It can get quite busy and crowded but it makes time pass.
Pros
free samples, snacks
Cons
standing, busy
Advise clients on skincare, floor manage, help with training.
Skin Care Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sephora Kitchener and Toronto Yorkville24 September 2015
A great place to work, but my time with the company has come to an end. Management and co-workers are supportive and easy to get along.

Some duties included advising clients on skincare, floor managing during busy hours, as well as help with training.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No room for growth. Not a career.
Fun work environment, slow growth with company
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bayshore13 July 2015
I enjoyed my time here but I moved for opportunities elsewhere. But the company has decent benefits if you are the lucky few who get offered full time. Don't hold your breath.
Pros
The people
Cons
Down time in retail is awful
Sephora Southgate Edmonton
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2015
Although I was only there for a short period of time I enjoyed the job. Management was great and the team really supported each other. My only complaint was for a senior makeup artist the pay is incredibly low and not at all competitive (you definitely cannot pay a mortgage working there, but it might be good for someone starting out or still living at home). I know they have made some changes to a few things since I've worked there so the wages may have been increased as well. This is just my experience from 2012.
Pros
Great team and management, fun environment and work culture.
Cons
Wage is way too low.
Hard work, but good co-workers
In charge of products reception and storage (Former Employee) –  Orléans, A310 June 2015
A typical day would be receiving a storing products. It was a hard and repetitive work, but people were friendly.

This is not something I planned on doing during all my life, but it was a well-paid summer job.
very upbeat, hardworking, fun
skincare consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB The Core3 June 2015
Although there is sometimes drama everyone usually gets along well and they have a very modern fun way of running their stores. They are a little too serious about their sales but it was fun working there. You learn a lot! and they really take their time educating you and making it a fun experience.
Pros
brand training
Cons
pushy about sales
fast paced, makeup artistry, skincare sales, cashier
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bayshore22 May 2015
I would say that I do enjoy Sephora for the other employees as well as the clients unfortunately the management styles and work ethics do not match mine. I enjoy the fast paced industry I also like that things are different with each clients needs which keeps me on my toes and always thinking and learning. I love that I get to interact with people in my job everyday and that when they have left they have had a wonderful experience and all of their needs and concerns where met in a timely fashion.

I would say the hardest part of the job is there isn't a good life work balance and unfortunately the hourly wage is not the greatest.
Fun workplace
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2015
Sephora is a fun, educational place to work, that has great coworkers and leadership that is understanding of each persons different personality and management needs.
Great place to work if you want to crush your self esteem
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Sephora west edmonton12 May 2015
I really wanted to love working at Sephora. Unfortunately, the gratis and all the training they provide just wasn't enough to make me stay. As a company, I feel Sephora is great - the company itself has great values, such as encouraging work/life balance. However, the management at the location I worked at couldn't care less about their employees well-being.

You have to be tough to work at Sephora. You have to be able to stand having your appearance scrutinized at all times of the day. On more than one occasion, I was sent to the back to fix my makeup, despite the fact that it was up to the standards outlined by the companies. I felt singled out, as I was wearing a full face of makeup. Other "prettier" girls who worked at the location could get away with wearing much less makeup and never being reprimanded.

If you want to work at Sephora, you have to be able to handle crazy hours. The week of Christmas, I worked 50 hours. I was only a part time employee. I never received overtime pay.

So yeah, it wasn't great. The only good thing was getting to spend all day playing with makeup, and being sent home with hundreds of dollars worth of free product (gratis). Even that wasn't enough.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
long hours, horrible management
Wonderful work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener/Toronto ON12 May 2015
-answer client questions/concerns
-cash clients out
-learned new information everyday, on products I knew little about
-management and coworkers very friendly, helpful, and hardworking
-hardest part about the job (when we were extremely busy) was making sure each client left satisfied
-most enjoyable part about my job was the people I got to work with, who made me excited to go into work everyday
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Makeup Lovers Dream Job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 May 2015
If you love makeup and customer service this is the ideal place for you to work. Lots of opportunities to further your career with the company
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
okaty
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  edmonton4 March 2015
hard to balance things like life and work , was retail o alot of standing on your feet. i was always very sore. was close to home
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2015
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
Pros
gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons
only seasonal
fun client inspired
ba (Current Employee) –  montreal10 February 2015
client inspired and super fast work environment. you are always on the go but the skills you build last a life time. management team had core values that makes working there so much easier
fast paced workplace
Colour Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2015
Long hours; yet they were all meaningful. Fast paced environment. Coworkers were easy going. Management could have used some improvement.
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  yorkdale19 January 2015
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
Pros
free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons
night
various range of shifts and consistent pay
Loss Prevention agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 December 2014
I enjoyed working for this company as I learned quite a bit about professionalism and the security industry. i believe Sephora builds there employees for success.
Fun, Rewarding, Time Consuming
Color Consultant (Volume 1, Flagship Store) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2014
Great group of girls, and amazing team spirit! I work in all departments; however specialize in color and skin. Just like with all job, there are elements you love, and those you do not love so much; but the positive outweighs the negative. I just wish that I had more time to do things outside of work. It can be very tiring and time consuming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval