Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Leading, Managing, Client servce, sales
Skincare Lead (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 6, 2014
Good Company overall, high volume, client service oriented.
Great place
Architect (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2014
Very complex architecture. The team and people are all very smart.
petty
Cashier / Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2014
not what i thought it would be ! mangers are horrible , and the girls are catty
ok but not the best
Seasonal Holiday Associate (Former Employee), chicagoApril 23, 2014
this job was a great resume booster for me there was no job security and management was not helpful in preparing you for success
super fun place to work.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2014
Pros: great dicounts on prouducts
Cons: short breaks
well i really loved working at sephora , i had a blast with the crew and managers i worked with . they were also very under standing with my personal life , they would reward us with partys if we did great . they also made me feel important like i had meaning there not like i was just another worker and i loved that about my job.
Fun and relaxed work place
Customer Service and Sales Professional (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: upbeat, fun environment.
Cons: owned by jc penney, management
In my experience working at Sephora I have learned to appreciate all different types of personalities and that helped me become a well rounded customer service representative. Everyday was fun and energetic with different tasks to keep me on my toes. I have become part of a wonderful team that strives towards reaching different goals. The hardest part – more... of Seohora, despite how much I have come to love the company, there was simply no room for me to grow. I had hoped if I worked my hardest I would reach a more challenging and fulfilling position in the company. I have always enjoyed doing my best to help current clients as well new clients find what they needed and answer any and all questions provided. – less
Great environment
Makeup Artist Color Consulted (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 21, 2014
Pros: grow in the company
Cons: balance and life
great place to intreact with clients. management is great a place for you to grow.
Great people at work
MAKE-UP ARTIST/BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Buckhead, GAApril 19, 2014
good company with great workers. hardest part was customers but it was ok
Great company
Cashier, Operations Department (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: do not have any
-Amazing company
-Great with promotions
-Over all loved the job
Teaching clients the importance of taking care of our skin
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Burton, MIApril 17, 2014
My typical day would start at home making sure that my uniform that I wore was pressed and I had my pin on that was required as part of my attire.

I always arrive 1/2 early just to make sure that I was ready to start my job and talked to my manager to see if any changes were made and what our sales goal was for that day. When I clocked in I checked – more... in with the manager on the floor to see what my area was for that day or night and if any new products came in that I was unaware of. I started my shift usually greeting customers as they entered the store and would ask them what they had come in for and if they were looking for something specific. I would guide them to the area and consult the products they we had and demonstrate it on skin so they knew what the texture was like, if it was too heavy, if it irritated their skin or just right for them. I would always suggest something else that would compliment the product (suggestive selling).

On my down time it would be cleaning our areas that I was assigned at the beginning of the week. What ever my area was, everything had to be taking off the shelf, dusted and wiped down. I also got graded on how clean my area was and if it was not cleaned right I was marked down on it. Bare Essentials was a nightmare! Powder was everywhere and could never look clean.

I loved my team. We work well together and it was a team effort to get our commission and most months we made our goal. I love being part of a team. My team that I worked with complemented each other well. – less
Great training in beauty field.
Color Expert (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 11, 2014
Great education in all facets of beauty. Essential starting point for the aspiring artist.
productive place
SALES ASSISTANT AND MAKE-UP ARTIST (Former Employee), RomaniaApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
I've worked only wednesday and thursdays. We've learned about how to be a good sales assistant and confindent one. The management was fantastic and my co-workes was very helpfull. I don't think it was a hardest part because when yopu work with something that you like it it's not necessary to thinking about what is hard. The most enjoyable part was the – more... make-up part one for me. – less
Fast Past,Fun, Free Makeup
Cashier/Makeup artists (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: good employees, free makeup, healthcare, being around other makeup artists
Cons: long breaks
A typical day at work would be greeting Customers as they walk in and Offering Samples. Answering questions about store products and applying products on clients before purchase, Restocking Products on shelves, Ringing up products at the register and explaining or store membership card. And the end of the day I clean up my work space.
I've Learned more – more... about cosmetics.
Management is Amazing.
My co-workers are a good team and very organized
there were no hard parts about working at Sephora for me everyone was a good team and always there you help. – less
Productive and Strong Team Work
COLOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: free merchandise, great team and great management
Cons: no healthcare
I loved Sephora because of the great team work that was demonstrated. No one wanted to see each other fail. The management always worked around schedules and believed in work and life balance. I learned so much from this company from cosmetics, skincare and fragrences to how to achieve great customer service and returning clients.
Sephora Review
Sr. Brand Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2014
The day varies and it's never dull. The work atmosphere is very fast paced and you have to be willing to be flexible/nimble. While this can be challenging at times, it helps build your skills with patience and flexibility.

I've learned a lot about the retail landscape and how important the store associates are to a retailer's success.
Learning and fun environment!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 31, 2014
Within Sephora you definitely have the opportunity to learn and grow. It's exciting to be able to interact with clients and products itself.
fun work place
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), El Centro, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: learning more experience
Cons: no benefits
it is always busy , my co workers are very helpful our manager is very out going and is always teaching us to better our jobs the hardest part of the job is when we have events because we have to multi task and some clients get upset with us, other then that I love what I do on a daily basis.
Your experience depends on your manager
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Gretna, LAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: no saturdays off, you can be called in anytime and the customers talk to you any kind of way
I have been working there since October and have been through 3 beauty leaders. The second beauty leader was amazing but unfortunately she was just temporary and they offered the permanent position to someone else. The job is very demanding with little pay. You are expected to treat this like your number one priority and for a full time college student – more... that is something I cannot do. – less
Not a great place to work but has a great name
Brand Marketing / MakeUp Artist (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 13, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot about products
Cons: you are treated like a child
Not a great company to work for at a retail branch, however I am unsure of how working in the corporate offices would be. Lots of cattiness and talking behind people's backs, lack of strong management and leadership, high turn-over, etc. The typical things you would find in the retail business.
Learning Enviorment
NJ- Customer Associate, (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMarch 7, 2014
I learned alot from my co-workers and managers. I was very helpful and accurate with my duties daily. Had great clients and good customer service. Stay organized and helpful to the staff.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more