Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Sephora is a fun, educational place to work, that has great coworkers and leadership that is understanding of each persons different personality and management needs.
fast paced workplace
Colour Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Long hours; yet they were all meaningful. Fast paced environment. Coworkers were easy going. Management could have used some improvement.
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
fun client inspired
ba (Current Employee) –  montrealFebruary 10, 2015
client inspired and super fast work environment. you are always on the go but the skills you build last a life time. management team had core values that makes working there so much easier
Positive environment, positive people and excellent client service
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 24, 2014
Working at Sephora as an Operations Consultant, a regular day on the job would consist of stocking the store, receiving a shipment, inventory inquiries. Working both in the store and the back room, occasionally assisting clients find products to suit their needs. I've learned how to do brief make-up applications (still learning!) and many other things. This company will help any of their employees achieve a goal if they are looking to learn new things. My colleagues are positive and professional which makes for a friendly, comfortable environment. The hardest part of my job would be lifting heavy things and being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is that every task and every client is always different, and my colleagues are great.
Educational, exciting and helpful cast to work with!
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 19, 2013
Role focuses on specific non-selling operations tasks within the store
• Operation members are trained to provide client service and cashiering roles when needed
• Shipment, Transfers, Product Returns, Tester, Inventory,
• Maintenance, Supplies, Merchandising, store animation.
• Assist in maintaining merchandising concepts at all times
• Maintaining standards of cleanliness and organization within assigned zone;
• Replenishment, inventory control, and assist in the maintenance of animation and events
• Assist in the maintenance of animations and events
• Working in various ‘worlds’ taking part in cashier functions and duties in colour and skin
• Monitoring and participating in programs to reduce shrinkage
fun work place, horrible pay
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJuly 3, 2013
very simple, clients are priority, clean and stock when its bot busy. i've learned alot about the products on my own. the management team is fine my coworkers are amazing. the hardest part of the job would be the lack of hours and low pay, the most enjoyable part of the job are my clients <3
Pros
nice team, surrounded by beauty products, its not all about make up only but includes alot of skincare and fragrances
Cons
not enough hours and low pay, also no constant product training
Professional look at all times, fun workplace
Beauty Consultant/Skin Expert (Former Employee) –  Square One - MississaugaSeptember 9, 2013
This was a temp job extra income before College. Fun place to work at, customer service skills is a must. Enjoyed working with the girls that were there at the time. Long hours.
Pros
free makeup and personal discount
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  yorkdaleJanuary 19, 2015
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
Pros
free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons
night
Fun and productive place to work.
Recovery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONFebruary 12, 2014
Work in a small group and independently with minimal supervision on the Store Operations team. Work on maintaining the visual standards of the store, by doing nightly routines of deep cleaning, follow plan-o-grams for visual updates for the store front windows, displays as well as for different prestigious brands. Able to life and carry 20-40 lbs. Receive/process shipment, of cosmetics skincare and fragrances, by counting the stock received, scan in the shipment to AS400 and replenish merchandise to the appropriate brands in a timely manner.
You could not learn this stuff at school!
Colour Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Not one day is the same, and I am beyond grateful for that. Ive learned to be patient, and that each client that walks through those doors is coming in for an experience not available at any other beauty retailer. I'm elated to be part of that experience.
Pros
gratis
okaty
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 4, 2015
hard to balance things like life and work , was retail o alot of standing on your feet. i was always very sore. was close to home
Fun, Rewarding, Time Consuming
Color Consultant (Volume 1, Flagship Store) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
Great group of girls, and amazing team spirit! I work in all departments; however specialize in color and skin. Just like with all job, there are elements you love, and those you do not love so much; but the positive outweighs the negative. I just wish that I had more time to do things outside of work. It can be very tiring and time consuming.
Fantastic, people-minded organization
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 10, 2013
Collaborative work environments are a dream for some, but not at Sephora. Sephora has a strong "people-first" culture that includes everyone from the clients to the top tiers of Leadership. If you are looking for a truly supportive, yet passionate for results type of company, Sephora is eager to deliver and provide you with a structure like no other in Retail.
Pros
strong relationship building
Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Cast Member) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Sephora is by far the best job I have worked at yet! Amazing team, fun enviroment and very motivational.
Pros
gratis/cast members/managment team/enviroment
Cons
long hours/standard pay
Great work life balance
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 15, 2013
Sephora has a great work life balance. The company values their employees and gives a lot back.
various range of shifts and consistent pay
Loss Prevention agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company as I learned quite a bit about professionalism and the security industry. i believe Sephora builds there employees for success.
Productive and fun workplace with new people every thirty minutes, a makeup brush and a pencil!
Sales Associate/Resident Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor ontarioOctober 7, 2012
I loved working in this environment, The team was great and offered great costumer service.
I learned allot working within this company, They taught me to extend on my communication skills, how to create ongoing bonds with clients, time management skills and how to keep a positive perspective on work even on a "bad" day.
They managed great! They tactics were amazing to a point where i didn't feel the need to question or doubt any decision that they went forward in, They were open minded to ideas and willing to let others hand in there creativity when needed. I made a great bond with my co workers, they were very positive and ended up being more of a little family apposed to people id work with. Working with people is always a great thing but always the hardest, people are very judgmental when it comes to makeup or style, telling someone the way they do something they have been doing there whole life is never easy, i learned there is always a way to put something, i learned to take every negative aspect and try to turn it into positive, teaching a client always seemed to be the hardest, especially a stubborn one, but it was always worth while in the end. The fact that i was doing something i loved, something that i knew so much about and was still learning and growing a stronger passion for what i enjoyed was very beneficial and enjoyable for me, i loved every up and down of it!
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
negative energy.
makeup and makeup!! Girls dream
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  edmonton abApril 30, 2014
Typical day was really busy ! LOTS of clients .
Learned lots about different makeup products.
Co- workers were friendly
Hardest part of the job was working every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about all the cosmetic brands the store offered.
Pros
discounts
Cons
working every weekend.