Sephora Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you want to crush your self esteem
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Sephora west edmonton12 May 2015
I really wanted to love working at Sephora. Unfortunately, the gratis and all the training they provide just wasn't enough to make me stay. As a company, I feel Sephora is great - the company itself has great values, such as encouraging work/life balance. However, the management at the location I worked at couldn't care less about their employees well-being.

You have to be tough to work at Sephora. You have to be able to stand having your appearance scrutinized at all times of the day. On more than one occasion, I was sent to the back to fix my makeup, despite the fact that it was up to the standards outlined by the companies. I felt singled out, as I was wearing a full face of makeup. Other "prettier" girls who worked at the location could get away with wearing much less makeup and never being reprimanded.

If you want to work at Sephora, you have to be able to handle crazy hours. The week of Christmas, I worked 50 hours. I was only a part time employee. I never received overtime pay.

So yeah, it wasn't great. The only good thing was getting to spend all day playing with makeup, and being sent home with hundreds of dollars worth of free product (gratis). Even that wasn't enough.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
long hours, horrible management
Wonderful work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener/Toronto ON12 May 2015
-answer client questions/concerns
-cash clients out
-learned new information everyday, on products I knew little about
-management and coworkers very friendly, helpful, and hardworking
-hardest part about the job (when we were extremely busy) was making sure each client left satisfied
-most enjoyable part about my job was the people I got to work with, who made me excited to go into work everyday
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Makeup Lovers Dream Job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 May 2015
If you love makeup and customer service this is the ideal place for you to work. Lots of opportunities to further your career with the company
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
okaty
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  edmonton4 March 2015
hard to balance things like life and work , was retail o alot of standing on your feet. i was always very sore. was close to home
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2015
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
Pros
gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons
only seasonal
fun client inspired
ba (Current Employee) –  montreal10 February 2015
client inspired and super fast work environment. you are always on the go but the skills you build last a life time. management team had core values that makes working there so much easier
fast paced workplace
Colour Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2015
Long hours; yet they were all meaningful. Fast paced environment. Coworkers were easy going. Management could have used some improvement.
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  yorkdale19 January 2015
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
Pros
free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons
night
various range of shifts and consistent pay
Loss Prevention agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 December 2014
I enjoyed working for this company as I learned quite a bit about professionalism and the security industry. i believe Sephora builds there employees for success.
Fun, Rewarding, Time Consuming
Color Consultant (Volume 1, Flagship Store) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2014
Great group of girls, and amazing team spirit! I work in all departments; however specialize in color and skin. Just like with all job, there are elements you love, and those you do not love so much; but the positive outweighs the negative. I just wish that I had more time to do things outside of work. It can be very tiring and time consuming.
Not fun
Operations consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 September 2014
Raises once a year usually around .10, very sales focused now, immature managers, no structure, to much demand for not enough pay, forced to be someone else out of your comfort zone
Pros
free make up once in awhile
Cons
ugly uniforms, forced to be fake
Amazing starting point place to work at
Skin Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto21 July 2014
I love my job at Sephora a lot of professional growth and opportunity.
Do not forgot it is a retail job at the end of the day!
I like my clients, the respect i get within my cast. The more work you put in will be recognized but utilized as well without pay adjustment. It is a great opportunity to put your foot in the door to lead to other jobs.
Pros
Tons of free products and if selected free trainings in hotels sometimes sent out of country
Cons
long hours, underpay, no benefits for part time
Productive and fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb15 July 2014
Sephora is a great place to work, my co-workers are respectful and friendly. it is a place where you meet people that grow to become a family and above all it is a place of high standards and great customer service to its client.
Positive stuff
Overnight Recovery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2014
Good place to work. Great people, good culture. Great samples from fellow vendors. They worked very hard to create a positive culture which I appreciated. Wish the salary could've been a bit higher.
Fun Environment
Makeup & Client Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2014
Fun and innovative. Staff and customers always teach you somethiwng different and new
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2014
The staff was really nice I got along with everybody. We had everyday goals and weekly goals as well. I learned a lot about the make up industry that I didn't know before also it pushed me to apply a make up school and i ended being certified and I'm very proud of that.
Pros
Snacks from staff members and managers
Cons
Sometimes slow days
makeup and makeup!! Girls dream
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab30 April 2014
Typical day was really busy ! LOTS of clients .
Learned lots about different makeup products.
Co- workers were friendly
Hardest part of the job was working every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about all the cosmetic brands the store offered.
Pros
discounts
Cons
working every weekend.
Positive environment, positive people and excellent client service
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 March 2014
Working at Sephora as an Operations Consultant, a regular day on the job would consist of stocking the store, receiving a shipment, inventory inquiries. Working both in the store and the back room, occasionally assisting clients find products to suit their needs. I've learned how to do brief make-up applications (still learning!) and many other things. This company will help any of their employees achieve a goal if they are looking to learn new things. My colleagues are positive and professional which makes for a friendly, comfortable environment. The hardest part of my job would be lifting heavy things and being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is that every task and every client is always different, and my colleagues are great.