Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tech 1 and bu driver (Former Employee), Salt lake, UtahJune 27, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: n/a
I picked product and replinished product.
We all work as a team.
Loved being able to try all the new products and recommend them to clients.
Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: first to try new products
Cons: management skills
I was only seasonal during my time at Sephora so I only experienced a few months with the company. However, with my experience level in makeup and knowledge of product it didn't seem to make a difference to management. I did witness some favoritism but didn't let it affect my work ethic.

Over all I love the company but not fond of the way it was managed.
Sales associate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2014
Busy, requires lots of team work. Management is switched around alot so there is not much consistency.
Loved working for this company.
Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MN.June 25, 2014
Pros: lots of downtime in between movies, free movies, great support from the community, great free food from surrounding restaurants.
Cons: short breaks & not enough pay
I started working for Mann Theatres of Minnesota when I was 14. This was my first job & the job that gave me all of the skills I've used in all my other jobs as well as today as I am self employed. It was the foundation to who I am as a business woman today as well as personally has shaped me.
seasonal cast member
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee), NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: long breaks
Great company to work for. Sephora appreciates their employees and recognizes hard work. Best part of the job is the happy clients.
Work life balance
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: short breaks, minimal growth
This is a great company to work for. You have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the business from customer service, skincare, makeup, fragrance, etc. Some locations are busier than others, mine in particular was quite busy almost everyday of the week. Therefore everyone was busy multiple client servicing. However most of the coworkers got – more... along and were friendly. The hardest part of the job is the non stop talking and walking back and forth in the store which will leave you beat at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part are the trainings, gratis and work life balance. – less
Meeting all types of people
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working with clients to provide them with the best service.
SEphora
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
I love working at Sephora it is one the best jobs I have ever had I have been with the company now for 7 years
Fun workplace but doesn't pay enough
Make-up Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 13, 2014
Pros: gratis, see new products
Cons: a lot of expectations for little pay
No room for growth.

Fun environment.

Cool customers.

Learn ALOT about products and company culture.
Very fun place to work
Beauty Studio Artist / DIC (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: gratis, education of products, fun, motivational.
Cons: not much opportunity to move up
It doesn't feel like you are working because you are having so much fun. Of course every place of employment has its ups and downs. I love working here. The drive from my house is just very far.
Energetic, fun and educational workplace.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: gratis, education, salary
Cons: costume/uniform
Sephora is an excellent place to work, especially if you are interested in being promoted into management. Great work environment and the company really invests in your education of the beauty industry.
Fun makeup job
Color consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2014
Pros: the reps bring food
Cons: short lunches, and not a set schedule
I love my job at Sephora, my typical day is all about helping clients with all there makeup and skincare needs, My co workers are amazing, we always help each other out, managment for me has always been good. Hardest part of my job is when a client who needs alot of attention and this usually happens right before my shift is over. The best part by far – more... is helping people and watching them leave happy knowing i made the difference. – less
Fun and inspiring workplace.
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Southlake, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: exciting environment to work.
Cons: there's no financial accounting jobs in texas.
I have been honored to work for such a great company for many years and just wish there were financial accounting jobs available to transfer internally to in Texas.
Hands on experience with providing clients with cosmetic application
Color Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: free makeup and working with multiple brands!
Cons: heavy foot traffic while being understaffed
My typical day at Sephora Powell consists of assisting clients on the sales floor with their cosmetic needs. Multitasking/multi-clienting is a HUGE part of the job considering it is located by Union Square of downtown San Francisco. When I'm not circling the sales floor I am engaged in 45 min consultations providing clients with a customized makeover. – more... These consultations are definitely the highlight of my day, where I can use my communication skills and makeup to make someone feel amazing about themselves. – less
Fun Job
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2014
I worked here part time. It was a very fun place to work and I learned a lot of my customer service skills from here. The management was wonderful and was very flexible with our schedules. The co workers were great and easy to get along with. It was a fun environment to work in.
Not a stepping stone or a walk in the park.
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
Pros: something to do in the meantime
Cons: read above
I left Sephora after 4 months the first time. Due to personal family issues. The second time around I was asked to return. I was told that this location is very challenging. I was asked to help set the tone at the so and so street location. A challenge it was. Everyday I was reminded the mistake I made. The employee's who put an effort where actually – more... the target. I was verbally attacked more then 3 times by my " team members". Attempted cyber bullying and so on...

One thing that bothered me to the core was when a person would asked if we were hiring and with more work experience then those who I was working with " they know who they are" but were turned down. Instead someone from Victoria secret, Best buy, H&M Borders... you get the point people who didn't have any beauty experience or the skills to attain them. Training at Sephora is a joke. Vendors are sent to push there products. The only way to get the "cast member" attention for those 10 mins or less were the prospect of "gratis" free product.

No one in there right mind would go from a established department store or free standing store to work at Sephora. The going rate ranges from $10-$16. Well I did. Never again – less
Productive, Fun work enviorement
Skin Care Expert/ Cashier Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: brand focus days, meeting new people, having fun.
Cons: company information
Working at Sephora is always fun, upbeat, helping clients find their direct needs is always the best. Clients that are willing to learn more about products and get information about new products coming out are always the best!.

I have learned more about myself and how to do the job at hand the best of my ability and to always work with a smile on my – more... face. Keeping energy alive in this setting is always the easiest and makes everything so much better.

Hardest part about working for Sephora is sometimes you run into some obstacles along the way. Whether it be clients, cast, management no one is perfect but you have to push through it and keep doing what you do best to make the environment stay alive and allow the clients to know you are there for a reason. – less
Awesome
CASHIER (Former Employee), millbury, maMay 27, 2014
great place to work, good company, and a lot of opportunity to be promoted.
productive and enjoy work
beauty advise (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMay 25, 2014
Pros: oen lounche
Cons: short break
all is same anteriority
iam very easier to go on and very polite love people and many other thing on the job .
Fast paced but enjoyable
Product Consultant (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAMay 21, 2014
The environment is very fast paced, but I enjoy my coworkers and have learned a lot since I started working there.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more