Sephora Employee Reviews

Provided a good foundation for my current job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2016
Great first job in the makeup world, learned a lot about the basics of customer service, sales transactions and store operations.
productive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2016
company values are lived day in and day out. great growth opportunites. amazing training classes.. open door policy is lived and true,, always high energy
Pros
free lunches
Intense learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Working at sephora was intense. Long shifts and fast pace may not be everyone's cup of tea. But I did learn a lot through this experience.
Really fun!
Skincare Consultant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2016
this is a really fun job, we often receive training on brands and products from brand representatives, receive gratis for learning about products, and get to make clients feel great about themselves. However this is still a retail job, and the pay is the biggest drawback to this job.
Pros
Gratis from brand trainings
Cons
Not great pay
Exciting fast paced work environment
Seasonal-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 May 2016
It was a very fast paced environment in on of the busiest malls in the lower mainland during one of the busiest seasons of the year Christmas but overall i enjoyed working there. I learned so much more about the many make-up and beauty products sold and also how to apply them properly.
Fun, busy, fast paced work environment
Colour & Cash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2016
- assisting clients with product knowledge, makeup and skincare routines
- providing mini makeovers, foundation matches, etc.
- I learned how to multi client service, how to manage my time, excel in a fast paced environment
- management was supportive, encouraged growth
- co-workers were friendly, respectful, caring
- often times the store felt understaffed, extremely busy
- being able to work with amazing co-workers and clients
Pros
free lunches, free product, extensive product knowledge trainings
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, difficult to book time off
Fun workplace, awful pay
Beauty Studio Captain (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2016
Always busy, the day flies by. However, unless you're kissing the right butt, you'll never advance no matter how qualified. I worked there for three and a half years, full time hours, with no advancement. Not to mention you're paid basic minimum wage.
Overall Experience at Sephora
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
My overall experience with Sephora was pleasant and it is a work place I would encourage people of all diversities to apply to because the company really values their employees for their contribution to the success of the company!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Gratis, Incentives, Training/Education, Employees, Company Values, Fair Breaks
Cons
some issues with manager, each individual store will be different
Stable/Productive workplace
Stock Coordinator, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2016
A typical day can consist of receiving products and simply merchandising them in the according areas.

Management and co-workers are friendly/welcoming and are always maintaining a positive experience.

Hardest/most tasking aspect of the job is the attention to detail in the late hours of the morning when fatigue starts to set in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the reviewing the end result of a hard days work.
Pros
Consistent hours, Stable/safe workplace, friendly staff
Cons
Overnight, Unable to independently listen to music/podcast etc.
Environnement de travail stimulant mais mauvaise gestion des postes
poste de caissière (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine (62)2 March 2016
L'ambiance était très stimulante et les responsables de plancher étaient toujours à notre disposition, ce qui était un magnifique avantage. En travaillant pour Sehpora j'ai appris à rester calme même lors des moments les plus occupés et à fournir le meilleur service à la clientèle possible grâce aux nombreuses formations fournies par l'entreprise. L'entraide était une valeur importante pour la majorité des employés et des gérants. Cependant, j'ai trouvé quelque peu malhonnête leur façon de mettre fin aux emplois saisonniers. Sans aucuns préavis ou dédommagement, ils ne laissaient même pas les employés terminé leur quart de travail et les renvoyait directement à la maison. J'ai tout de même apprécié travailler pour cette entreprise car de nombreuses marques de cosmétiques en magasin ne testaient pas sur les animaux et ne contenaient aucuns produits animal, ce qui me permettait de sensibiliser un grand nombre de client(e)s.
Pros
Entraide, ambiance de travail stimulante
Cons
Instabilité de l'emploi, fausses promesses
What an awesome place to be
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2016
It was a wonderful work experience. I worked with some wonderfully talented people,and under an amazing boss. I grew an astounding amount as a sales person, and as a employee over all.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
I only worked there a few months before I had to move
good place to learn
Senior Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  senior artist19 February 2016
they give great opportunity to advance as long as you work hard
great teaching strategies
great educators
management is horrible in most locations
Pros
learn lots in fragrance skin care and make up
Cons
too many
Friendly workplace! Wage, not so great..
Cashier, makeup advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2016
working at sephora was a great experience. i gained a lot of knowledge on top of the knowledge i previously had about makeup and cosmetology. management was set up well along with the employees i worked with. everyone was friendly and welcoming. the only down side was the wage. i was travelling a distance from Hamilton to Burlington and only getting paid minim wage, which i was not pleased about. I was experienced and a certified makeup artist and was not getting paid accordingly. other than that, sephora is a great company to be a part of.
Pros
many breaks, free products!
Cons
A fun company to work for
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2016
Awesome co-workers and great management. There are no stripes. Everyone is treated respectfully, clients and other co-workers.

Learned a lot more about the beauty industry than ever before and met down to earth brand reps.

Hope to reapply for the holiday season in 2016
Pros
Amazing gratis
fun place to work if you don't need to focus much on your earnings
cosmetic consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 February 2016
The people and culture typically are the best parts of the job. Its a fun place to work and it definitely will keep you busy. However for such a prestigious company the pay is practically unethical and sometimes feels like a scam. People who were hired years after me started to make more money than I did which makes 0 sense. And it's not uncommon for this to happen. It is a demanding job ill say that, as clients usually need a lot of time and attention when being assisted. It can be fun and usually the time will pass by well since you can be with one client for a fairly long time. With that said, since your job requires a lot of training and your work is fairly specialized you would think the pay wouldn't be minimum wage. Even for those who worked there for years. It's a good job for teens i'd say.
Pros
Gratis incentive, usually very fun and exciting
Cons
pay is outrageously low, moving up in the company is unattainable, do not let you travel from November 1st- January
fun environment
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
interesting place to work
luxury goods retailer a different environment
a different way of managing
team was fun many different associates
Pros
make-up gratis, managing 20-30 cast members
Cons
extreme early morning schedule
Productive, colorful and fast paced environment
Operations Consultant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
I have enjoyed working at Sephora, I've learned about different skin care techniques, how to achieve sale goals, and all the different types of make up products. The people working there are wonderful as well, bright positive energy! The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make clients happy after recommending different products they would try out as well as testing products on ourselves too! Other than being on the floor and working at the cash register, I handled stock and items being shipped to the store weekly. Had to update inventory and managed where products belonged and if they were in or out of stock.
Pros
Gratis; Free makeup products and bonuses if sales goals are met
Cons
Long busy holiday hours
Fast paced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2016
A typical day at work would be at the till ringing the customers through, answering the phones, helping people find products that they need. I learned a lot of excellent customer service tips that I will carry with me. There wasn't anything that I would say was hard, very easy simple job. The most enjoyable part was the team. The people I worked with were wonderful to work beside.
Environnement de travail très agreable
Conseillère en soin (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC19 January 2016
Travail d`équipe très présent
Très bonne communication
Respect de chaque employés
Excelentte reconnaissance de travail envers les employés
Tres bien
Maquilleuse (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 January 2016
une journee en tant que maquilleuse permet de rencontrer plusieurs clientes cultivées et qui aiment apprendre

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.