Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Okay place to work, but not enough advancement in job.
Back up forklift driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2014
Pros: every year we have a company party, great co-workers
Cons: not being able to advance
Typical day would start out people would start to pick the items or going into replenishment depending what they needed you for. I have learned certain things in the business such as loading the trucks when needed why it is important for safty in the warehouse also I have worked in almost all of the departments in the warehouse so I have a great knowledge – more... of the the departments. Management has been supportive during my time off for the birth of our child, however there is still the part of favortism in the work place and not getting the oppertunities for advancement. Most of the people I work with are very sincere, kind and willing to help when needed and very supportive. It is a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is staying long hours when needed working multiple days in a row during holiday, and being over looked when trying to advance in the job. I enjoy my co-workers very much everyone is respectful towards each other. – less
Interesting & Fast-Paced Environment
Senior Education Consultant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 3, 2014
The best part of my job is learning about the different brands and products featured at Sephora Inside JCPenney's. I enjoy educating product consultants about skincare and color brands through informative and engaging agendas.
Productive, Fun and Great Place to Learn
Fragrance Expert/Visual Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: there is no growth
You get to engaged and educated clients on the latest products available and how to use the products. Your not just a make- artists but also someone who can make an impact with just a little color.
Awesome Culture!
Specialist (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: tons of training and development...loads of gratis!
Cons: the outfits..lord have mercy.
I had a blast working for this company! Others can't touch it...maybe Apple Retail.
Productive and fun enviornment
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 30, 2014
Pros: grpwth in makeup artistry skills and skin care knowledge
Cons: benefits and no hours
Work was great i enjoyed my job management was ok and my co-workers were awesome. My job was very easy and always exciting!
Tech 1 and bu driver (Former Employee), Salt lake, UtahJune 27, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: n/a
I picked product and replinished product.
We all work as a team.
Loved being able to try all the new products and recommend them to clients.
Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: first to try new products
Cons: management skills
I was only seasonal during my time at Sephora so I only experienced a few months with the company. However, with my experience level in makeup and knowledge of product it didn't seem to make a difference to management. I did witness some favoritism but didn't let it affect my work ethic.

Over all I love the company but not fond of the way it was managed.
Sales associate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2014
Busy, requires lots of team work. Management is switched around alot so there is not much consistency.
Loved working for this company.
Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MN.June 25, 2014
Pros: lots of downtime in between movies, free movies, great support from the community, great free food from surrounding restaurants.
Cons: short breaks & not enough pay
I started working for Mann Theatres of Minnesota when I was 14. This was my first job & the job that gave me all of the skills I've used in all my other jobs as well as today as I am self employed. It was the foundation to who I am as a business woman today as well as personally has shaped me.
seasonal cast member
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee), NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: long breaks
Great company to work for. Sephora appreciates their employees and recognizes hard work. Best part of the job is the happy clients.
Work life balance
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: short breaks, minimal growth
This is a great company to work for. You have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the business from customer service, skincare, makeup, fragrance, etc. Some locations are busier than others, mine in particular was quite busy almost everyday of the week. Therefore everyone was busy multiple client servicing. However most of the coworkers got – more... along and were friendly. The hardest part of the job is the non stop talking and walking back and forth in the store which will leave you beat at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part are the trainings, gratis and work life balance. – less
Meeting all types of people
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working with clients to provide them with the best service.
SEphora
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
I love working at Sephora it is one the best jobs I have ever had I have been with the company now for 7 years
Fun workplace but doesn't pay enough
Make-up Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 13, 2014
Pros: gratis, see new products
Cons: a lot of expectations for little pay
No room for growth.

Fun environment.

Cool customers.

Learn ALOT about products and company culture.
Very fun place to work
Beauty Studio Artist / DIC (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: gratis, education of products, fun, motivational.
Cons: not much opportunity to move up
It doesn't feel like you are working because you are having so much fun. Of course every place of employment has its ups and downs. I love working here. The drive from my house is just very far.
Energetic, fun and educational workplace.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: gratis, education, salary
Cons: costume/uniform
Sephora is an excellent place to work, especially if you are interested in being promoted into management. Great work environment and the company really invests in your education of the beauty industry.
Fun makeup job
Color consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2014
Pros: the reps bring food
Cons: short lunches, and not a set schedule
I love my job at Sephora, my typical day is all about helping clients with all there makeup and skincare needs, My co workers are amazing, we always help each other out, managment for me has always been good. Hardest part of my job is when a client who needs alot of attention and this usually happens right before my shift is over. The best part by far – more... is helping people and watching them leave happy knowing i made the difference. – less
Fun and inspiring workplace.
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Southlake, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: exciting environment to work.
Cons: there's no financial accounting jobs in texas.
I have been honored to work for such a great company for many years and just wish there were financial accounting jobs available to transfer internally to in Texas.
Hands on experience with providing clients with cosmetic application
Color Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: free makeup and working with multiple brands!
Cons: heavy foot traffic while being understaffed
My typical day at Sephora Powell consists of assisting clients on the sales floor with their cosmetic needs. Multitasking/multi-clienting is a HUGE part of the job considering it is located by Union Square of downtown San Francisco. When I'm not circling the sales floor I am engaged in 45 min consultations providing clients with a customized makeover. – more... These consultations are definitely the highlight of my day, where I can use my communication skills and makeup to make someone feel amazing about themselves. – less
Fun Job
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2014
I worked here part time. It was a very fun place to work and I learned a lot of my customer service skills from here. The management was wonderful and was very flexible with our schedules. The co workers were great and easy to get along with. It was a fun environment to work in.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more