Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun with fashion and all types, colors and learned new techniques with make up
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: try out new make up and skin care
Cons: schedule was hard at times
Loved it! we had uniforms to wear & we learned techniques with all types of make up. Learned skin care according to customers request,
Great workplace
Cast-member (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: selling fragrances
Cons: wiping shelves
I really loved greeting customers, selling fragrances, and working in a great environment.
good place to learn
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), jolietAugust 6, 2014
good place to work, lots of things to learn and ssare. management is good and help you with your hours
Great experience
Certified Makeup Artist/ Product Consultant (Former Employee), Wellington, FLAugust 5, 2014
New experience, defiantly a life changing one and had set me with great skills for the next job
great culture and fun place to work.
Education and Development Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: lots of training, great culture, good development, fun place to work
Cons: low pay
The culture is great and you have a lot of fun coming to work. There's a lot of training and development and a huge opportunity for growth within the company if you work hard. It can get a little frustrating because the salary is not competitive with other retailers in the industry.
A Value base company
Department Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: continues training to elevate you as a true leader in any industry
Cons: can increase pay
Truly care for their cast members(employees) and their growth. you will enjoy lots of company perks at any level in your position.
Creative Fast Paced Environment
Executive Assistant to the SVP & VP of Marketing (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, creative & fun environment
Cons: 12 hour work days
Sephora provided a creative and high energy work environment. My position required a lot of energy, multi-tasking, able to effectively meet deadlines, manage the calendar and personal requests from the SVP and VP of Marketing. Sephora is an amazing company and provided wonderful benefits and other perks for its employees.
good learning on staff management
Associate Store Manager (Acting Store Manager) (Former Employee), select city walk, delhiJuly 23, 2014
had difficult staff member so had a good learning on handling difficult staff. took almost 3 months to understand each one of them
Education and passion
cast member (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 21, 2014
Pros: gratis of products
It was a pleasure working at Sephora, there was always something new learn.
A typical day at work
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: the whole job experience
Cons: no cons
a typical day is all about being beautiful and making the customers feel beautiful.
fun place to work
Product Consultant (Current Employee), DenverJuly 16, 2014
Good company to work for, pay is decent. But several amazing perks such as gratis also the enviroment
overal great
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: skilled management
Cons: part time hours
I really enjoyed the daily routine and atmosphere, was able to apply what I learned from schooling to the job which made me feel great and learned much more
Good Job
Beauty Consultant, Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Forum ShopsJuly 12, 2014
Great ambiance, great co-workers, good job, nice managers, great compensation.
Great cast/coworkers, fun and exciting clients
Beauty Studio Captain, Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Salem, NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun with clients and coworkers, meeting great new people
Cons: not so great managment
I love Sephora so much because the clients are like no other. They have a love for the employees as if we were all family. It is great getting to know new people daily providing a fun work environment.
Fun workplace
Sales manager (Former Employee), Dijon, A1July 10, 2014
I was a sales person in camera department. I worked to Fnac only the saturday to pay my studies
Fun workplace.
COLOR LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San juan, Puerto RicoJuly 9, 2014
Non professional workplace. A lot of employees without knowledge about the products.
Fun place to work, with interesting people
Operatioins Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2014
if individuals took their responsibilities seriously, or were held accountable, it would be a great place to work. people are fun, and the management, when they're tuned in, are really awesome and they know what they're doing.
Okay place to work, but not enough advancement in job.
Back up forklift driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2014
Pros: every year we have a company party, great co-workers
Cons: not being able to advance
Typical day would start out people would start to pick the items or going into replenishment depending what they needed you for. I have learned certain things in the business such as loading the trucks when needed why it is important for safty in the warehouse also I have worked in almost all of the departments in the warehouse so I have a great knowledge – more... of the the departments. Management has been supportive during my time off for the birth of our child, however there is still the part of favortism in the work place and not getting the oppertunities for advancement. Most of the people I work with are very sincere, kind and willing to help when needed and very supportive. It is a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is staying long hours when needed working multiple days in a row during holiday, and being over looked when trying to advance in the job. I enjoy my co-workers very much everyone is respectful towards each other. – less
Interesting & Fast-Paced Environment
Senior Education Consultant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 3, 2014
The best part of my job is learning about the different brands and products featured at Sephora Inside JCPenney's. I enjoy educating product consultants about skincare and color brands through informative and engaging agendas.
Productive, Fun and Great Place to Learn
Fragrance Expert/Visual Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: there is no growth
You get to engaged and educated clients on the latest products available and how to use the products. Your not just a make- artists but also someone who can make an impact with just a little color.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more