Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Job
Cashier/Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
I worked here as a part timer. This job was fun! As long as you don't pay attention to politics, you would love this job

We also got monthly bonuses depending on the team if we achieved our monthly goals
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Advise clients on skincare, floor manage, help with training.
Skin Care Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sephora Kitchener and Toronto YorkvilleSeptember 24, 2015
A great place to work, but my time with the company has come to an end. Management and co-workers are supportive and easy to get along.

Some duties included advising clients on skincare, floor managing during busy hours, as well as help with training.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No room for growth. Not a career.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Color specialist (Former Employee) –  edmonton abOctober 22, 2015
I loves being around so many people and getting to know clients and having fun sitting them down doing their makeup. I learned so much from working there. And made life long friends.
Excellent
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2015
I loved working here over Christmas. They treat their employees very well and offer constant opportunities for advancement and education. It can get quite busy and crowded but it makes time pass.
Pros
free samples, snacks
Cons
standing, busy
Great Place to Work
Colour consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
Training was incredibly thorough and very instructive, Leadership is supportive and understanding, environment is professional but fun and interactive
Sephora Southgate Edmonton
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2015
Although I was only there for a short period of time I enjoyed the job. Management was great and the team really supported each other. My only complaint was for a senior makeup artist the pay is incredibly low and not at all competitive (you definitely cannot pay a mortgage working there, but it might be good for someone starting out or still living at home). I know they have made some changes to a few things since I've worked there so the wages may have been increased as well. This is just my experience from 2012.
Pros
Great team and management, fun environment and work culture.
Cons
Wage is way too low.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
lots of fun and lots to learn. lots of opportunity to grow within the company. get to know people from around the world. should apply if you love make up or skin care or perfume.
fast paced, makeup artistry, skincare sales, cashier
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  BayshoreMay 22, 2015
I would say that I do enjoy Sephora for the other employees as well as the clients unfortunately the management styles and work ethics do not match mine. I enjoy the fast paced industry I also like that things are different with each clients needs which keeps me on my toes and always thinking and learning. I love that I get to interact with people in my job everyday and that when they have left they have had a wonderful experience and all of their needs and concerns where met in a timely fashion.

I would say the hardest part of the job is there isn't a good life work balance and unfortunately the hourly wage is not the greatest.
very upbeat, hardworking, fun
skincare consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB The CoreJune 3, 2015
Although there is sometimes drama everyone usually gets along well and they have a very modern fun way of running their stores. They are a little too serious about their sales but it was fun working there. You learn a lot! and they really take their time educating you and making it a fun experience.
Pros
brand training
Cons
pushy about sales
Wonderful work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener/Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
-answer client questions/concerns
-cash clients out
-learned new information everyday, on products I knew little about
-management and coworkers very friendly, helpful, and hardworking
-hardest part about the job (when we were extremely busy) was making sure each client left satisfied
-most enjoyable part about my job was the people I got to work with, who made me excited to go into work everyday
Fun work environment, slow growth with company
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  BayshoreJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time here but I moved for opportunities elsewhere. But the company has decent benefits if you are the lucky few who get offered full time. Don't hold your breath.
Pros
The people
Cons
Down time in retail is awful
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
Pros
gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons
only seasonal
Fun workplace
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Sephora is a fun, educational place to work, that has great coworkers and leadership that is understanding of each persons different personality and management needs.
Fun, Rewarding, Time Consuming
Color Consultant (Volume 1, Flagship Store) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
Great group of girls, and amazing team spirit! I work in all departments; however specialize in color and skin. Just like with all job, there are elements you love, and those you do not love so much; but the positive outweighs the negative. I just wish that I had more time to do things outside of work. It can be very tiring and time consuming.
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  yorkdaleJanuary 19, 2015
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
Pros
free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons
night
Makeup Lovers Dream Job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 7, 2015
If you love makeup and customer service this is the ideal place for you to work. Lots of opportunities to further your career with the company
Amazing starting point place to work at
Skin Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 21, 2014
I love my job at Sephora a lot of professional growth and opportunity.
Do not forgot it is a retail job at the end of the day!
I like my clients, the respect i get within my cast. The more work you put in will be recognized but utilized as well without pay adjustment. It is a great opportunity to put your foot in the door to lead to other jobs.
Pros
tons of free products and if selected free trainings in hotels sometimes sent out of country
Cons
long hours, underpay, no benefits for part time
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Fun and productive place to work.
Recovery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto ONFebruary 12, 2014
Work in a small group and independently with minimal supervision on the Store Operations team. Work on maintaining the visual standards of the store, by doing nightly routines of deep cleaning, follow plan-o-grams for visual updates for the store front windows, displays as well as for different prestigious brands. Able to life and carry 20-40 lbs. Receive/process shipment, of cosmetics skincare and fragrances, by counting the stock received, scan in the shipment to AS400 and replenish merchandise to the appropriate brands in a timely manner.