Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teaching clients the importance of taking care of our skin
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Burton, MIApril 17, 2014
My typical day would start at home making sure that my uniform that I wore was pressed and I had my pin on that was required as part of my attire.

I always arrive 1/2 early just to make sure that I was ready to start my job and talked to my manager to see if any changes were made and what our sales goal was for that day. When I clocked in I checked – more... in with the manager on the floor to see what my area was for that day or night and if any new products came in that I was unaware of. I started my shift usually greeting customers as they entered the store and would ask them what they had come in for and if they were looking for something specific. I would guide them to the area and consult the products they we had and demonstrate it on skin so they knew what the texture was like, if it was too heavy, if it irritated their skin or just right for them. I would always suggest something else that would compliment the product (suggestive selling).

On my down time it would be cleaning our areas that I was assigned at the beginning of the week. What ever my area was, everything had to be taking off the shelf, dusted and wiped down. I also got graded on how clean my area was and if it was not cleaned right I was marked down on it. Bare Essentials was a nightmare! Powder was everywhere and could never look clean.

I loved my team. We work well together and it was a team effort to get our commission and most months we made our goal. I love being part of a team. My team that I worked with complemented each other well. – less
Great training in beauty field.
Color Expert (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 11, 2014
Great education in all facets of beauty. Essential starting point for the aspiring artist.
productive place
SALES ASSISTANT AND MAKE-UP ARTIST (Former Employee), RomaniaApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
I've worked only wednesday and thursdays. We've learned about how to be a good sales assistant and confindent one. The management was fantastic and my co-workes was very helpfull. I don't think it was a hardest part because when yopu work with something that you like it it's not necessary to thinking about what is hard. The most enjoyable part was the – more... make-up part one for me. – less
Fast Past,Fun, Free Makeup
Cashier/Makeup artists (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2014
Pros: good employees, free makeup, healthcare, being around other makeup artists
Cons: long breaks
A typical day at work would be greeting Customers as they walk in and Offering Samples. Answering questions about store products and applying products on clients before purchase, Restocking Products on shelves, Ringing up products at the register and explaining or store membership card. And the end of the day I clean up my work space.
I've Learned more – more... about cosmetics.
Management is Amazing.
My co-workers are a good team and very organized
there were no hard parts about working at Sephora for me everyone was a good team and always there you help. – less
Productive and Strong Team Work
COLOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: free merchandise, great team and great management
Cons: no healthcare
I loved Sephora because of the great team work that was demonstrated. No one wanted to see each other fail. The management always worked around schedules and believed in work and life balance. I learned so much from this company from cosmetics, skincare and fragrences to how to achieve great customer service and returning clients.
Sephora Review
Sr. Brand Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 1, 2014
The day varies and it's never dull. The work atmosphere is very fast paced and you have to be willing to be flexible/nimble. While this can be challenging at times, it helps build your skills with patience and flexibility.

I've learned a lot about the retail landscape and how important the store associates are to a retailer's success.
Learning and fun environment!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 31, 2014
Within Sephora you definitely have the opportunity to learn and grow. It's exciting to be able to interact with clients and products itself.
fun work place
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), El Centro, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: learning more experience
Cons: no benefits
it is always busy , my co workers are very helpful our manager is very out going and is always teaching us to better our jobs the hardest part of the job is when we have events because we have to multi task and some clients get upset with us, other then that I love what I do on a daily basis.
Your experience depends on your manager
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Gretna, LAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: no saturdays off, you can be called in anytime and the customers talk to you any kind of way
I have been working there since October and have been through 3 beauty leaders. The second beauty leader was amazing but unfortunately she was just temporary and they offered the permanent position to someone else. The job is very demanding with little pay. You are expected to treat this like your number one priority and for a full time college student – more... that is something I cannot do. – less
Not a great place to work but has a great name
Brand Marketing / MakeUp Artist (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 13, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot about products
Cons: you are treated like a child
Not a great company to work for at a retail branch, however I am unsure of how working in the corporate offices would be. Lots of cattiness and talking behind people's backs, lack of strong management and leadership, high turn-over, etc. The typical things you would find in the retail business.
Learning Enviorment
NJ- Customer Associate, (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJMarch 7, 2014
I learned alot from my co-workers and managers. I was very helpful and accurate with my duties daily. Had great clients and good customer service. Stay organized and helpful to the staff.
Fun and upbeat work environment for the cosmetics lovers out there
Skin Consultant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: it's like disneyland for people who love makeup and skincare.
Cons: very high ops tempo mixed with very low ops, can be dificult to promote
I had fun day to day. It was more like a hobby than a job, however I did feel like it was more for fun than for a career after almost a year. Our particular store didn't have as many advancement opportunities as I had hoped, but it was also a brand new store, so there wasn't a lot of turnover while I was there. The store director was great and hired – more... a very cohesive team. It is a very education-oriented environment too, so you aren't likely to stagnate in your skills unless you really try. They make sure everyone is up to date on product knowledge and artistry skills as needed. There are several chances for non-management to take on leadership roles, however its on your personal initiative to address it with the management. The hardest part of the job, and the best part of the job is the same thing-- dealing with the general public in a retail AND service industry. You can make someone's day by teaching them how to rock a new red lipstick or finding a perfect gift for the hard to shop for husband, but you will also get clients who refuse to use the hygienic supplies given, or that will complain because they are trying to get something for free. But that is par for the course. Overall it was a fun place to work. – less
great seasonal work
Make-up Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: very busy, free product
Cons: was only 3 months, horrible pay
In the beginning I was at the register most of the time. As time went on I was promoted to the skin care section. I am a licensed Esthetician so it was a great fit for me. This was a seasonal position.
Fun Place make people feel good about them selves
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 2, 2014
Pros: make people feel good
Cons: n/a
Answer emails
stock store with product
be on stage and help with coverage make up and skin care.
ring clients with there purchases.
great place to work
color consultant (Former Employee), orange county, caFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: artistry, training, education
Cons: wages!
Love being a Sephora employee. Love the client interaction, work life balance, cast members, and even the leadership. However, the way we get paid is absolutely ludicrous. We don't work on commission, even though the majority of us can sell phenomenally, unbiased, and truthful.
Our hourly rate is laughable. We are owned by louis Vuitton, yet our wages – more... are darn near close to slavery. Its like pulling teeth when we inquire about raises, even though we work so hard to achieve sales, percentages, and client love through these ridiculous surveys that don't help in advancement or personal growth at all. We get a "bonus" if and only when the store is performing, but even with the bonus I only make $3000 dollars over poverty level in California, so we make too much to get government assistance, but not enough to support oneself and or a family. This job would be amazing, if they paid their employees adequately. We sell well over $100,000 a WEEK, yet get compensated only slightly over minimum wage. – less
Fun place
Operations/Merchandising (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: part time work
Cons: great environment
The atmosphere is great but the fact that they hire countless people to work 5 hrs a week gives you little room to be full time. The only full time people are 'leads', the rest are part time.
Seasonal Sephora Cashier
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great discount, awesome co-workers, great money
Cons: not much room for advancement
Seasonal Cashier position at Sephora is a very good position to have. If you work very hard and keep in touch with the managers, express that you would love a regular position with Sephora you might just get considered.
A amazing experiance
Beauty Studio Artist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, beauty products, education provided by sephora, and all brands
Cons: healthcare
A typical day would consist of cleaning my station and re stalking all my materials, making sure my brushes are dry from the night before cleaning, then you get your daily dose from your dic in charge, You start walking around greeting all the amazing clients and pull someone in my chair to show them exactly what they want and techniques. After that – more... client is done and your sale is closed you move on to meet more amazing clients, At the end of your shift you clean up your station and wash your brushes, look at all your successful sales and you end your day , looking forward to doing it all again. – less
It was alright
Skincare Expert and Color Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, free product
Cons: no work life balance
It was a great place to learn new and exciting things, but the store manager was a pain and was a hypocrite, She expected you to be at the store early for your shift but she was always late. Team was amazing and all the gratis you got from vendors always makes things better
Productive and fun job with great co-workers and professional management
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee), FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, excellent managment
Cons: part time positions only
Learn about the new products and the new company weekly golds.
Management is fair and follow company policies
Co-workers are friendly and professional.
The hardest but not impossible part of the job is keeping pleasing all customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the smiles of a happy customer.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more