Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Educational, exciting and helpful cast to work with!
Operations Consultant (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 19, 2013
Role focuses on specific non-selling operations tasks within the store
• Operation members are trained to provide client service and cashiering roles when needed
• Shipment, Transfers, Product Returns, Tester, Inventory,
• Maintenance, Supplies, Merchandising, store animation.
• Assist in maintaining merchandising concepts at all times
• Maintaining – more... standards of cleanliness and organization within assigned zone;
• Replenishment, inventory control, and assist in the maintenance of animation and events
• Assist in the maintenance of animations and events
• Working in various ‘worlds’ taking part in cashier functions and duties in colour and skin
• Monitoring and participating in programs to reduce shrinkage – less
Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Cast Member) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: gratis/cast members/managment team/enviroment
Cons: long hours/standard pay
Sephora is by far the best job I have worked at yet! Amazing team, fun enviroment and very motivational.
Super fun, friendly place to work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MbJanuary 22, 2013
Sephora is a great company to work for because they care so much about work life balance. A typical day would consist of helping clients, team building and tasking (stocking, tidying). Management was very easy to talk to and approachable and caring. I most enjoyed helping clients find what they were looking for, showing them how to use and apply products – more... and even helping people find things that they weren't sure they wanted. – less
Highlights
Certified Fragrance Expert / Fragrance Ambassador (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2014
Highlights

Relationship selling
Reliable and dependable

Accomplishments

F.I.F.I New York Certified Fragrance Expert / Nose /Sales Specialist

Has taken brands such as Juicy Couture and increased sales by 133.5% month to year date . (Is able to provide the Sephora monthly fragrance – more... Brand Comp Report )

Able to pick a brand and single handedly place it on the top three .

Was in charge of conducting the Fragrance training for the entire district of Sephora as well as put together the training guide used by the district.

Was invited to speak on numbers at a Sephora district managers meeting.

Awarded for over five years service to Sephora USA , Inc

Now does part time work for ABC Television , NBC Television , Oxygen Channel and more – less
This place slowly kills you
Operations Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2014
While not the worst job I have ever had, it is close. This company drains the life out of you while blinding you with their nonsensical propaganda.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYDecember 12, 2014
A typical day at work consists of greeting clients with a smile, selling products, and answering al customer questions. I learned a lot of beauty products very fast. All of the co workers are friendly and welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free gratis that we receive as employees. The hardest part of the job would be trying to help – more... so many clients in a short amount of time so o one feels forgotten. – less
Creative Teams and Fun working place
Seasonal Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly
the management team i work with at Sephora Union St in San Francisco were very fun and creative. They made me feel like family where everyone gets to enjoy what they are doing and other colleagues supports each other in order to excel its daily business goals. The team helped each other to develop their skills and create a positive brand towards international – more... standards. – less
Micro managment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Aberdeen MDDecember 10, 2014
Cons: run while you can
Terrible holiday work 30 day strait no time off
poor management
high retention
fire 10 ppl per day
no advancement
Productive and Educational place to fun with a twist of fun
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Estero, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: brands come in with new products, lunch provided on special occasions and fun atmosphere
Cons: i really can not think of any
Sephora is a fun company to work for. Always keeping you up on Education and the latest technology that involves the cosmetic world. I find all aspects of the job, including staff, clients etc., a great place to work.
Gotta love makeup!
Color Consultant, Cashier (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: creativity with different makeup brands
Cons: management wasn't the best
Started as a cashier then became certified as a Color Consultant. Created looks desired by clients; spending 30-45 minutes with each to ensure maximum satisfaction.
Great work environment that promotes individuality
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: provides you with (gratis) samples of many store products.
Cons: it is retail, your the schedule is a bit unstable.
Sephora provides a fun atmosphere to work in. You never know who might come through the doors, from celebrities to just regular but unique people. A geat place to show creativity and individuality. If you are new to the concept of the store, they provide weekly doses of information about products as well as brand seminars to help you relate to clients.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GADecember 2, 2014
loved it its a great atmosphere with moral. I looked forward to going to work.. meeting new people each day. Great training on lines and decent fair compensation
I expected more from this company
Color Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: gratis, interacting with clients, benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours, pay, management
I've always wanted to work at Sephora and was excited when I was hired on as a seasonal member. I frequently shopped at Sephora and I'm even a VIB rouge member so I thought working there would be fun. I was wrong.

Because I was at a smaller location they had to cut all of the employees hours so I only got 1 day of training out of the scheduled 4 days. – more... Then the following week I was scheduled my first shift. I had a blast the first day, I loved interacting with customers and playing in makeup and since I am knowledgable about a majority of the brands this job was very easy for me. The downside however was I was just kind of thrown in the situation and I felt that the seasonal employees aren't treated as highly as the permanent employees are.

The shifts are only 5-6 hours and you are only scheduled 2-4 times a week. The pay is horrible for what they expect of you. They practically pay you minimum wage. It is not commission based either so it is hard to tell which members are really the sales people and are actually doing the work. Not everyone there is a makeup artist and you have to be certified by Sephoras standards in order to do makeovers on clients.

The Coworkers can be fun but also drama filled and catty. They would talk about guests a lot on the headsets which I thought was really unprofessional and rude. The managers are the worst and will micro manage like crazy. They are constantly on the head sets telling you about sales and how we need to push the customers to buy more things. I was most turned off by management and how unprofessional they were at times. One particular manager would interrupt me when I was helping clients and even criticize me while I was on the floor. He would constantly remind me that I needed to be more aggressive with the customers. They would only give breaks to certain members while a majority of us had to stand on that uncomfortable floor for 5-6 hours straight without a break.

A typical day would consist of you standing in your assigned zone area with a headset aggressively approaching every guest that comes in your area. The worst part is that you are not able to leave your zone if you need to go across the store to show the customer a different brand you have to transition them off to another co worker instead.

The only perks I could think of is the occasional gratis which as a seasonal employee I never received any.
For the most part the job was really easy and it was nice being around all the makeup but I am glad I do not work there anymore. – less
Good bonuses
Operations Consultant Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: good bonuses, average gratis.
Cons: poor management skills, work nights, weekends, holidays.
Poor management skills. Can be a fun place of employment. Must be able to work all retail hours, night, weekends and holidays.
Great sales experience
Sales (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2014
Working for Sephora as a sales associate during my college years was a great experience. They were flexible with my busy schedule as well as understanding that I needed to work as much as possible. I learned to work with many different types of people, and to work with the general public on a daily basis.
From dancing in meetings to helping the world become a more beautiful place, Sephora is a happy place to work!
Personal Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), New YorkNovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible with schedule, growth.
Cons: health benefits is expensive
Have a fun touch base before starting our shift where we discuss our goals for the day (dollar amount and any special focus) and watch educational videos about products.

Help clients looking for beauty products on the floor and sit down clients with appointments to give them a 90 minute mini facial and makeup lesson.

Every hour there is a new Director – more... in Charge on the floor, this person supervises everything that happens in that hour from lunch breaks, to sales, and directing clients to the right consultant.

The hardest part is helping multiple clients at once because I want everyone to feel they received the best client service.

The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting people from all over the world and having them learn something new from me. I have had clients say that I have changed their life and that is very rewarding! – less
Fun Place to work at
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), New york,NYNovember 24, 2014
Your day at sephora will go by usually pretty fast. It is a very fun place to work at sometin=mes doesnt even feel like work.
could be a fun place to work
Certified Makeup artist (Former Employee), nyNovember 20, 2014
sephora could be a fun place to work but management is sooooo terrible they scream at you like your a child it is not a good place to work i love make up and love applying it on clients skin but management is just horrible
Not My Favorite Job....
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: some gratis (but mostly just mascara), good work/life balance
Cons: management, no makeup training, low pay
Let me first say that my experience at Sephora wasn't exactly the best because A) I was inside a JCPenney, and B) the management in my particular store didn't really seem to have it together. Obviously, the dress code at Sephora kind of sucks, especially that weird tunic they give their employees that I "accidentally" lost my first week into employment. – more... As for the job itself, it honestly isn't bad and you have exposure to a lot of cool brands. The most embarrassing part of working at Sephora is the lack of actual training they give their employees in Makeup Application. A lot of "artists" at Sephora just aren't up to par with current trends and technical ability, so the fact that you don't actually get schooled on how to do makeup is a huge downer, especially since they have customers paying $50 to have their makeup done by someone who has no formal training other that what they've learned on YouTube. Next, JCPenney employees didn't seem to understand why Sephora employees didn't have to help clean the rest of the store when closing and would sometimes pitch a fit over that. Lastly, management showed a lot of favoritism and promoted people based on the buddy system rather than qualification. I was passed up for a promotion by someone who was obnoxiously loud and frequently complained about by customers because management loved her even though she had never held a supervisor position in her life and I had several times before. Oh, and most of the "gratis" we got was mascara. I have enough mascara to last the next five years. – less
REALLY FUN PLACE TO WORK
BEATY ADVISOR (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: heathcare
EVERY DAY WAS FUN........THAT EVERY BOBY WORK IN THE BEST WAY THEY CAN.......MAGNEMENT WAS AWESOME....MY CO...WORKERS THEY LOVE ME AND I LOVE THEM AS WELL..IS WHEN SOMEONE HA TO GO TO ANOTHER STORE BECAUSE IS A FEMALY THAT I WILL MISS....DOING MAKE ON EACH OTHER ON ARE FREE TIME WHEN THEY ARE NO CUSTOMERS...

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more