Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing environment and very fast paced
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 22, 2015
My typical work day involves organizing the stock, the backroom, keeping everything organized and easily accessed. The management is made up of a group of really motivating and inspiring individuals. The co-workers are really amazing at working together to get everything time in proficient manner.
Environment conducive to learning & expertise, leadership
Color Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Your day starts with a "touch base" in which the sales updates of the previous day will be reviewed with each shift change group. We set goals and keep track of client feedback and online reviews about the Sephora location. Management will often do the same job as other employee but mostly delegate. The main problem in management (for a few not all) stem from their lax attitude to their own version of following the rules. But they practice self-regulation since management is also regulated by other management members and the creative director (lead manager of store). Co-workers can often be clique-y but will not antagonize each other. The hardest part of the job is coming to work and keeping a positive attitude (especially in the face of rude/curt clientele) and realizing that if you work too hard, other member of the team will just let you do all the work. It is also pretty annoying when other cast members don't clean up after themselves and even more annoying when you bring it up and they act "hurt' but will continue to do it if you don't bring it up :I ..The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing how much you've grown in your job (you have so many new skills under your belt now) more so because of how educationally enrouraging the environment is. Stepping back and seeing your work is another awesome pro.
Pros
Great learning environment with opportunities to grow
Cons
Tasks are repetitive and clientele are often short, demanding & rude
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
lots of fun and lots to learn. lots of opportunity to grow within the company. get to know people from around the world. should apply if you love make up or skin care or perfume.
Excellent
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2015
I loved working here over Christmas. They treat their employees very well and offer constant opportunities for advancement and education. It can get quite busy and crowded but it makes time pass.
Pros
free samples, snacks
Cons
standing, busy
Advise clients on skincare, floor manage, help with training.
Skin Care Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sephora Kitchener and Toronto YorkvilleSeptember 24, 2015
A great place to work, but my time with the company has come to an end. Management and co-workers are supportive and easy to get along.

Some duties included advising clients on skincare, floor managing during busy hours, as well as help with training.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No room for growth. Not a career.
Fun work environment, slow growth with company
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  BayshoreJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time here but I moved for opportunities elsewhere. But the company has decent benefits if you are the lucky few who get offered full time. Don't hold your breath.
Pros
The people
Cons
Down time in retail is awful
Sephora Southgate Edmonton
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2015
Although I was only there for a short period of time I enjoyed the job. Management was great and the team really supported each other. My only complaint was for a senior makeup artist the pay is incredibly low and not at all competitive (you definitely cannot pay a mortgage working there, but it might be good for someone starting out or still living at home). I know they have made some changes to a few things since I've worked there so the wages may have been increased as well. This is just my experience from 2012.
Pros
Great team and management, fun environment and work culture.
Cons
Wage is way too low.
very upbeat, hardworking, fun
skincare consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB The CoreJune 3, 2015
Although there is sometimes drama everyone usually gets along well and they have a very modern fun way of running their stores. They are a little too serious about their sales but it was fun working there. You learn a lot! and they really take their time educating you and making it a fun experience.
Pros
brand training
Cons
pushy about sales
fast paced, makeup artistry, skincare sales, cashier
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  BayshoreMay 22, 2015
I would say that I do enjoy Sephora for the other employees as well as the clients unfortunately the management styles and work ethics do not match mine. I enjoy the fast paced industry I also like that things are different with each clients needs which keeps me on my toes and always thinking and learning. I love that I get to interact with people in my job everyday and that when they have left they have had a wonderful experience and all of their needs and concerns where met in a timely fashion.

I would say the hardest part of the job is there isn't a good life work balance and unfortunately the hourly wage is not the greatest.
Fun workplace
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Sephora is a fun, educational place to work, that has great coworkers and leadership that is understanding of each persons different personality and management needs.
Great place to work if you want to crush your self esteem
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Sephora west edmontonMay 12, 2015
I really wanted to love working at Sephora. Unfortunately, the gratis and all the training they provide just wasn't enough to make me stay. As a company, I feel Sephora is great - the company itself has great values, such as encouraging work/life balance. However, the management at the location I worked at couldn't care less about their employees well-being.

You have to be tough to work at Sephora. You have to be able to stand having your appearance scrutinized at all times of the day. On more than one occasion, I was sent to the back to fix my makeup, despite the fact that it was up to the standards outlined by the companies. I felt singled out, as I was wearing a full face of makeup. Other "prettier" girls who worked at the location could get away with wearing much less makeup and never being reprimanded.

If you want to work at Sephora, you have to be able to handle crazy hours. The week of Christmas, I worked 50 hours. I was only a part time employee. I never received overtime pay.

So yeah, it wasn't great. The only good thing was getting to spend all day playing with makeup, and being sent home with hundreds of dollars worth of free product (gratis). Even that wasn't enough.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
long hours, horrible management
Wonderful work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener/Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
-answer client questions/concerns
-cash clients out
-learned new information everyday, on products I knew little about
-management and coworkers very friendly, helpful, and hardworking
-hardest part about the job (when we were extremely busy) was making sure each client left satisfied
-most enjoyable part about my job was the people I got to work with, who made me excited to go into work everyday
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Makeup Lovers Dream Job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 7, 2015
If you love makeup and customer service this is the ideal place for you to work. Lots of opportunities to further your career with the company
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
okaty
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 4, 2015
hard to balance things like life and work , was retail o alot of standing on your feet. i was always very sore. was close to home
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
Pros
gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons
only seasonal
fun client inspired
ba (Current Employee) –  montrealFebruary 10, 2015
client inspired and super fast work environment. you are always on the go but the skills you build last a life time. management team had core values that makes working there so much easier
fast paced workplace
Colour Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Long hours; yet they were all meaningful. Fast paced environment. Coworkers were easy going. Management could have used some improvement.
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  yorkdaleJanuary 19, 2015
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
Pros
free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons
night