Sephora Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, but chances of moving up internally are slim
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 March 2017
As a cashier, I really stayed in one area throughout my entire shift. The typical day includes dealing with a lot of returns and exchanges, as well as recommending products to customers.
Beauty Studio Capian (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 March 2017
I absolutely loved working here.
your team becomes like a second family
but sometimes the salary isn't fair for the amount of work that we do
Fun working environment
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
Your day typically involves working with clients to ensure they find the right products they're looking for. Lots of exciting events in-store and the staff are extremely knowledgeable.
Relation coéquipiers très agréable et amicale
Opération (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 February 2017
Le travail est très facile à maîtriser, nous travaillons tous en équipe et l'evolution de la compagnie est mise très en avant. Il y a beaucoup d'innovation et et de technique de travaillles. Ont à régulièrement des suivis et des entraînements sur comment ont doits approcher les clients et comment ont doit rendre expérience des plus agréables.
Pros
Promotion régulière et repas gratuit
Cons
Salaire très bas
Staff was friendly, some management need to work on their skills better.
Colour Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2017
When you get to work you get a touch base of where you're zoned. Very organized because the days are always busy. Overall most of the management are very nice and welcoming. I've just had issues with how a situation was dealt with. The hardest part of the job would be how busy it is all the time. I love the staff, and customer service aspects of the job.
Fun and interesting place to work
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2017
Working at Sephora is rewarding due to being able to use your knowledge of the beauty industry and its products in order to assist clients with their needs. It can be difficult to navigate due to working with so many different people and their own unique personalities and temperaments
Pros
Working in the makeup industry
Cons
long hours on your feet
Productive and fun place
Client Service Specialist/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Love the place to work, provide loads of training to learn about new products and brands. Helps you maintain integrity, loyalty and honesty. Co workers are supportive and helpful. The leaders are role models to follow
Fun workplace with great people!
Seasonal Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Sephora so much and I would definitely continue to pursue a career there. Days of work were a little tiring, but still really worth it. I learned a lot about fragrance, makeup and skincare! The management was generally really nice. Hardest part of the job was mean clients and the most enjoyable was my fellow cast-mates!
Pros
Lots of hours if you want them, free goodies
Cons
Manager forgot my name
Color consultant
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 January 2017
This job all depends around your management team. Some stores have it better than others. They will advance whom they like to at least that was my experience.
Pros
gratis...sometimes
Cons
pay rate
great place to work with great people
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
Great place to work, super fast paced. Team work, passionate work mates. There's a great work culture that everyone really believes in so its very easy to jump on board. Everyone is very helpful so its easy to learn very fast. Management is amazing!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Holidays
Fun work environment, with good benefits and opportunities.
seasonal colour consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
Although a fun work environment that was an excellent experience I found that the management did favorite certain individuals because they were friends thus giving them preferred treatment. Although it didn't affect me. I found it unprofessional. Besides that, I had a good experience there and would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities
Cons
productive, fun environment and great team work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2017
good company and people around.Eco friendly environment.All the members in team have great accuracy and ability of team work in them .
Great Gratis,
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2016
As a seasonal worker it was a creative company to work for, but I would only work for Sephora again if I was in corporate or in management. There was a lot of favouritism with the management and that can affect the work life balance.
Pros
gratis
Cons
long hours, catty environment
Opportunities to improve and advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2016
Sephora is a good place to work for those who are in high school unless you are a part of management or trained in makeup artistry. They do give the opportunity to grow.
Productive and fun place to work
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Nice environment, pro-active people, willing to teach and help you with sales skills, good customer service.
Fast pace environment, specially at eaton centre.
Pros
excellent teaching on sales and customer services
Cons
long hours, no comission
Fast paced client inspired atmosphere
Skincare Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 December 2016
Very fast paced environment and client inspired. Product knowledge essential to achieving sales targets. Team oriented to reach goals ...no commission. Very structured as to breaks and lunches for optimal sales. Focus for employees is growth within company and creating positions for incentive.
Pros
No commission
Cons
Fun and upbeat work environment, good place to grow and learn.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2016
Working at Sephora was very interesting, especially being interested in the beauty industry as a career path. There will be long hours, especially during the holidays, but it is overall very fun.
Pros
Upbeat and chance to learn a lot.
Cons
Long hours and short breaks.
Great if you're young.
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2016
sephora is a great job if you're young and don't have to pay your own bills and have the time it takes to move up. It does not pay enough to cover living and can be very stressful because of this.
The company is also very good at telling you what you want to hear regarding promotions and then making you work hard and demonstrate how badly you want something with no more pay and then no follow through from the company.
Favouritism is HUGE, people will get promotions who dont deserve them and vice versa.
The training from brands and being sent away for training was really nice and for sure the best part of working there.
It really is all about who you work with, my first management team was amazing and then the next was a disaster. Some store directors like to hire externally for promotions which usually causes good staff to leave.
The hours are long, there's no consistency in shifts and it is very difficult to have a life around it.
Finally, sometimes at Sephora you began to feel like a robot... You're coached on how to speak to clients,how to act.. Etc., The company wants you to be an individual but then makes you wear the same makeup, same lip colour and so on with visits and occasions. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing I just know the company started to feel very much not me.

I think if you love makeup and are young this could be either a great foot in the door or you could make a career out of it. I loved the company when I first started and have just unfortunately found that the company doesn't really align with who I am anymore!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Low pay.
Fun place to work, but the salary lacks.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2016
Although Sephora is a great environment to work, and place that offers a lot of room to grow, the management is stressful and the salary is not sufficient for the amount of work that they require you to do.
Pros
free products, great customer service knowledge
Cons
salary and management
Backstage Pass
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
As an operations consultant I worked behind the scenes, making sure inventory was up to date, checking products, and pulling things out to go onstage, among many other things.

My co-workers were wonderful and caring, including the management and owners.

I learned how a big business operates as this Sephora is the busiest Sephora in all of North America.
Pros
Free lunches and wonderful people
Cons
Irate clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.