Sephora Employee Reviews

Fun and challanging place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
A great place to work for development, fun, challenges and people interaction. Life at Sephora is fast paced and ever changing. You must be adaptable, flexible in your work schedule and willing to be a high achiever. Feedback is given daily and the focus on bettering yourself as an employee is huge as well as to ensure the clients have the best experience ever.
Great environment, positive atmosphere
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2017
As a quick learner, when at Sephora I work with many different clients everyday. From finding the perfect foundation shade, to helping them find the perfect fall fragrance, I'm often thrown into different departments to assist during peek times. However, being a supervisor at Canada's Wonderland for 3 years has prepared me for such a fast paced environment. I learned to maximize my time in order to hep each client as best as I can. Working with an experienced and friendly management team it has created a very positive workplace environment for myself and my fellow coworkers. being a high traffic store, often times it can be difficult assisting clients when they need the help, however once I do get to them I apologize and proceed to giving them upscale client service to ensure they get what they need and leave with a smile on their face. The most enjoyable part is the reaction I get from each client when I get them exactly what they need depending on their concerns. Sephora is a pace to enhance the beauty we already have so when a client comes in with a concern that makes her feel less beautiful than she is, I strive to turn that around and when I do, the feeling can't be beat.
Pros
Great employees, gratis
Cons
No commission
very fun place
Makeup artist/Colour expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Working with Sephora has to be one of my best experiences that came through my work.Not only did i get to deal with makeup but also work with the customers and apply makeup on them. Which truly expresses my talent and my joy for makeup.
not bad
Cashier-part time (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2017
really demanding. need to sell products or they get mad. pushed alot to focus on selling certain event products and to be able to convince clients to add more .
Just don't
Skincare consultant (Current Employee) –  Chinook, AB11 September 2017
Great place to work part time, HORRIBLE if your full. You get stuck with the worst shifts so you have no time for yourself. Favouritism is huge there so unless the managers really like you you'll never advance at all. Staff are friendly and so are the brand reps. Only pluses are the gratis and free food on event days but besides that most of the staff want to leave.
Pros
Gratis, staff and reps
Cons
Hours, management, favouritism, no work life balance
Great at first
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
This job is super fun and leaning new things is great at first but the more you're there the less fun it gets. It is 100% impossible to move up unless you're willing to suck up to everyone (even then that doesn't work). Pay is ok but with minimum wage going up it'll be nothing special. Best part is the gratis since you'll never really need to buy make up again. Even then it's not worth the mental and physical abuse this job gives...especially when they won't let you phone in even with doctors note
Pros
Gratis, free food on even days
Cons
Long hours, management, no advancement, no work life balance
Great Place to Work
Operations, Skincare and Fragrance Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2017
I loved working here - the only downside is that the compensation does not match the job demands. Employees are often unsatisfied with their pay. However, a lot of learning opportunities and free product if you are working full-time and perform well.
Pros
Opportunity to try free product
Cons
Salary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
I love working at Sephora. There is room for growth and development within the company. You work with extremely talented individuals. The company is based on 7 values which they instil within each employee.
fun, fast paced work environment with growing opportunities
Color Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2017
Sephora is a very fun anf fast paced workplace. I learned many skills and grew a lot at Sephora. They gave me the tools to be successful in every day life.The most enjoyable part of working at Sephora is working with an amazing group of people that inspired me every day and also working to help clients and inspire them in the same way.
Fun, upbeat work environment. Get to meet a lot of new people while learning and growing in your job.
Colour Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Was such a fun work environment, with many different events thrown throughout the week. Management was pretty understanding and relatable. Pay wasn't great but it is retail, you do get discounts and free stuff every once and awhile which is great. Overall a great place to work if you love makeup and want to grow your knowledge!
Pros
Free makeup, discounts, learning new techniques
Cons
Pay, schedule
Fun and creative
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC26 August 2017
Sephora has given me many tools in the beauty industry. They have a great training program and a fun team environment. There positive energy always kept me going.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low salary
I have a very wonderful experience working with this company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2017
This company is very helpful the manangement and the staff. I have an awesome experience with them. I experience so many wonderful things working with them. The benefits are awesome.
Pros
Free beauty products
Cons
Nothing to say
Fun place to work, terrible hours
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 August 2017
Fun place to work if you love makeup, gratis is fantastic. Hours are terrible and inconsistent, other cast members can be catty, but clients are great
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Inconsistent hours
funwork place
recovery specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 August 2017
a typical day at work was fun working about make-up etc
the hardest part was busy days
i enjoyed learning about new products and the free gifts we would get
supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 July 2017
i love working for sephora its a excellent team to work for and very family oriented . i feel comfortable in my position and i'm always wonderful feedback
Pros
great company
Value System driven, Career culture focused on leadership and development
Store Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada28 July 2017
Fast-pased, high standards, client focused, innovative, Strong performance development, incredible bonus structure and over lay out of company. Great place to work!
Cons
work life balance is low
Fun and friendly work environment
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2017
A fun place to work provided that you're passionate about the beauty industry. If you aren't pursuing a career as a make-up artist, you may feel that working at Sephora is monotonous. However, working at Sephora will allow you to build good relationships with clients in a more personal way than any other retail store. By that I mean, since make-up and skincare are personal choices, connecting with clients and advising them on products within these categories can really impact their self-esteem and knowledge of beauty in general. Therefore, Sephora relies heavily on sensitivity and a strong analysis of the clients' needs. Although you won't be penalized for doing an 'adequate' job at work, others who are more passionate than you will move onto gain recognition and become favorites. One one hand it's great that Sephora recognizes its employees as much as they do, although with a large amount of staff, most people who do the job just as well aren't appreciated enough. If that doesn't bother you and you're satisfied with how you're treated then Sephora is an amazing place to work. The in-store challenges and learning workshops are very fun, informative, and bring the entire team closer together. I would definitely recommend working here even if you aren't a beauty/skincare junkie for the experience.
Pros
Gratis, employee discount, friendly and family-like job culture, no commissions (everyone worked as a team), easy to develop relationship with clients
Cons
High volume store, favoritism, few job advancement opportunities in store
Be prepared to turn into a robot
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Let's get this straight: If you're not counted as a favourite from your store director, specialist or other leads, you're nothing to them. Sephora does not tell you how to contact HR for a reason. (shady) If you're here, be prepared to keep to yourself and find yourself surrounded by passive-aggressive management and two-faced coworkers. Management does not value autonomy or you. No matter how hard you work, you are not valued. You can't afford to go out on your pay, you can't afford to eat on your pay, you don't get paid enough for what you do. They (management) will love you and act as if they're your best friend for the first few months and then they will show their true colours. If even one product is not shown perfectly aligned, be prepared to be talked to and scolded.

Honestly, the gratis wasn't even worth the bad vibes or negativity I got from my store director. Boy bye.
Pros
Gratis, Fun events
Cons
Management do not value you
Fun environment to work in
Skincare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
Meet backstage ready to go, meeting every day before you hit stage (this was an amazing thing which no other company I've worked for has done). On stage, kept busy in our zones, doing consultations, cleaning, dusting. I worked in skincare, so it wasn't as high paced as the color world, but it got hectic at times.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Long hours, inflexibility in schedules
Colour Consultant
COLOUR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
worked as a full-time colour consultant for Sephora Canada...if your looking for artistry experience, go for it! However, I just got tired of selling makeup all the time. Otherwise if you enjoy retail, you'd probably love working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.