Sephora Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced environment
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  BC5 December 2017
I really enjoy the amount of training and investment they put into their cast members to advance their knowledge on products and trends. It truly helps with being able to educate the clients. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. The only downfall is the salary for cast members.
Sephora is a Family
Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 November 2017
Never in my life have I felt so loved and appreciated in a work environment. The management team is exceptional and our team is given more than enough training and support.

Would recommend anyone and everyone apply.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
a typical day at sephora would start off with a touch base just to know what is going on in stores, our daily goal and how our day will be like. I learn something new everyday whether it be from a brand rep or what is new in stores. this is a very fun place to work at and you meet new people everyday.
Pros
Gratis; free products
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place to Work
Full-Time Certified Artist/Educator/S0S Trainer/ (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
Great culture, training and team environment, unfortunately the company doesn't pay well, so unless you are planning on moving into management, long term employment is redundant.

Super team oriented.

Fun place to work
Pros
Free product, good discount, contests, fun team environment, great training
Cons
exhausting hours, low pay, stores are too large now.
Fun and beneficial place to work!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 October 2017
I really enjoyed working for Sephora, I started there a few years ago when they first opened one of their locations in my city. Its INCREDIBLE how much work is put into the store itself (to make it look so pretty all the time:)), but also how the employees have a strong passion for making others feel beautiful and confident regardless of what gender, age or race. Employees are truly knoweldgable about products and are trained to know what works best for the customer. Good pay, takes a while to make it up in the company but overall a great, fun and rewarding place to work!
Understanding and Flexible
Make Up Advisor (Colour Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 October 2017
Working at Sephora has been an exciting and dynamic company to be a part of a team environment. Workplace Culture is amazing and work, life, balance is extraordinary.
fun workplace with friendly people
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2017
it was a decent place to work with a lot of friendly co workers and bosses. I didn't like the early schedules they had you do if you were new but other than that it was ok.
Pros
starting wage
Cons
low chnace advancement
great for education
Part time Colour consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
you learn a lot on the job but are required to know more than just what your title is. Management is great...take advantage of what they can do for you in terms of advancement. Hardest part of the job is the pay...you start off very low for an artist and you have to do tons of appointments with no tips and you can't give out your card to freelance
Fun and challanging place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
A great place to work for development, fun, challenges and people interaction. Life at Sephora is fast paced and ever changing. You must be adaptable, flexible in your work schedule and willing to be a high achiever. Feedback is given daily and the focus on bettering yourself as an employee is huge as well as to ensure the clients have the best experience ever.
Great environment, positive atmosphere
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2017
As a quick learner, when at Sephora I work with many different clients everyday. From finding the perfect foundation shade, to helping them find the perfect fall fragrance, I'm often thrown into different departments to assist during peek times. However, being a supervisor at Canada's Wonderland for 3 years has prepared me for such a fast paced environment. I learned to maximize my time in order to hep each client as best as I can. Working with an experienced and friendly management team it has created a very positive workplace environment for myself and my fellow coworkers. being a high traffic store, often times it can be difficult assisting clients when they need the help, however once I do get to them I apologize and proceed to giving them upscale client service to ensure they get what they need and leave with a smile on their face. The most enjoyable part is the reaction I get from each client when I get them exactly what they need depending on their concerns. Sephora is a pace to enhance the beauty we already have so when a client comes in with a concern that makes her feel less beautiful than she is, I strive to turn that around and when I do, the feeling can't be beat.
Pros
Great employees, gratis
Cons
No commission
very fun place
Makeup artist/Colour expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Working with Sephora has to be one of my best experiences that came through my work.Not only did i get to deal with makeup but also work with the customers and apply makeup on them. Which truly expresses my talent and my joy for makeup.
not bad
Cashier-part time (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2017
really demanding. need to sell products or they get mad. pushed alot to focus on selling certain event products and to be able to convince clients to add more .
Just don't
Skincare consultant (Current Employee) –  Chinook, AB11 September 2017
Great place to work part time, HORRIBLE if your full. You get stuck with the worst shifts so you have no time for yourself. Favouritism is huge there so unless the managers really like you you'll never advance at all. Staff are friendly and so are the brand reps. Only pluses are the gratis and free food on event days but besides that most of the staff want to leave.
Pros
Gratis, staff and reps
Cons
Hours, management, favouritism, no work life balance
Great at first
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
This job is super fun and leaning new things is great at first but the more you're there the less fun it gets. It is 100% impossible to move up unless you're willing to suck up to everyone (even then that doesn't work). Pay is ok but with minimum wage going up it'll be nothing special. Best part is the gratis since you'll never really need to buy make up again. Even then it's not worth the mental and physical abuse this job gives...especially when they won't let you phone in even with doctors note
Pros
Gratis, free food on even days
Cons
Long hours, management, no advancement, no work life balance
Great Place to Work
Operations, Skincare and Fragrance Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2017
I loved working here - the only downside is that the compensation does not match the job demands. Employees are often unsatisfied with their pay. However, a lot of learning opportunities and free product if you are working full-time and perform well.
Pros
Opportunity to try free product
Cons
Salary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
I love working at Sephora. There is room for growth and development within the company. You work with extremely talented individuals. The company is based on 7 values which they instil within each employee.
fun, fast paced work environment with growing opportunities
Color Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2017
Sephora is a very fun anf fast paced workplace. I learned many skills and grew a lot at Sephora. They gave me the tools to be successful in every day life.The most enjoyable part of working at Sephora is working with an amazing group of people that inspired me every day and also working to help clients and inspire them in the same way.
Fun, upbeat work environment. Get to meet a lot of new people while learning and growing in your job.
Colour Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Was such a fun work environment, with many different events thrown throughout the week. Management was pretty understanding and relatable. Pay wasn't great but it is retail, you do get discounts and free stuff every once and awhile which is great. Overall a great place to work if you love makeup and want to grow your knowledge!
Pros
Free makeup, discounts, learning new techniques
Cons
Pay, schedule
Fun and creative
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC26 August 2017
Sephora has given me many tools in the beauty industry. They have a great training program and a fun team environment. There positive energy always kept me going.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low salary
I have a very wonderful experience working with this company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2017
This company is very helpful the manangement and the staff. I have an awesome experience with them. I experience so many wonderful things working with them. The benefits are awesome.
Pros
Free beauty products
Cons
Nothing to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.