Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very upbeat, hardworking, fun
skincare consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, AB The CoreJune 3, 2015
Pros: brand training
Cons: pushy about sales
Although there is sometimes drama everyone usually gets along well and they have a very modern fun way of running their stores. They are a little too serious about their sales but it was fun working there. You learn a lot! and they really take their time educating you and making it a fun experience.
fast paced, makeup artistry, skincare sales, cashier
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee), BayshoreMay 22, 2015
I would say that I do enjoy Sephora for the other employees as well as the clients unfortunately the management styles and work ethics do not match mine. I enjoy the fast paced industry I also like that things are different with each clients needs which keeps me on my toes and always thinking and learning. I love that I get to interact with people in my job everyday and that when they have left they have had a wonderful experience and all of their needs and concerns where met in a timely fashion.

I would say the hardest part of the job is there isn't a good life work balance and unfortunately the hourly wage is not the greatest.
Fun workplace
Colour Consultant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 14, 2015
Sephora is a fun, educational place to work, that has great coworkers and leadership that is understanding of each persons different personality and management needs.
Great place to work if you want to crush your self esteem
Product consultant (Former Employee), Sephora west edmontonMay 12, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: long hours, horrible management
I really wanted to love working at Sephora. Unfortunately, the gratis and all the training they provide just wasn't enough to make me stay. As a company, I feel Sephora is great - the company itself has great values, such as encouraging work/life balance. However, the management at the location I worked at couldn't care less about their employees well-being.

You have to be tough to work at Sephora. You have to be able to stand having your appearance scrutinized at all times of the day. On more than one occasion, I was sent to the back to fix my makeup, despite the fact that it was up to the standards outlined by the companies. I felt singled out, as I was wearing a full face of makeup. Other "prettier" girls who worked at the location could get away with wearing much less makeup and never being reprimanded.

If you want to work at Sephora, you have to be able to handle crazy hours. The week of Christmas, I worked 50 hours. I was only a part time employee. I never received overtime pay.

So yeah, it wasn't great. The only good thing was getting to spend all day playing with makeup, and being sent home with hundreds of dollars worth of free product (gratis). Even that wasn't enough.
Wonderful work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener/Toronto ONMay 12, 2015
-answer client questions/concerns
-cash clients out
-learned new information everyday, on products I knew little about
-management and coworkers very friendly, helpful, and hardworking
-hardest part about the job (when we were extremely busy) was making sure each client left satisfied
-most enjoyable part about my job was the people I got to work with, who made me excited to go into work everyday
Good company
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Great people to work with and the fun place to work.
Amazing customers
Management is great, super friendly.
Learned a lot of makeup skills
Makeup Lovers Dream Job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 7, 2015
If you love makeup and customer service this is the ideal place for you to work. Lots of opportunities to further your career with the company
Great job for learning applicable skills
Colour Expert (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
- Assisting Clients
- Good organized Leadership team
- Educate their cast members thoroughly
- Great Leadership
-Great leadersip opportunities
- Room to grow in the company
okaty
Sales associate (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 4, 2015
hard to balance things like life and work , was retail o alot of standing on your feet. i was always very sore. was close to home
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons: only seasonal
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
fun client inspired
ba (Current Employee), montrealFebruary 10, 2015
client inspired and super fast work environment. you are always on the go but the skills you build last a life time. management team had core values that makes working there so much easier
fast paced workplace
Colour Artist/Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Long hours; yet they were all meaningful. Fast paced environment. Coworkers were easy going. Management could have used some improvement.
i liked it
General Laborer (Former Employee), yorkdaleJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free make up even tho i did not need it
Cons: night
was fun to work there a lot of work but it was bad if you didn't like over night work which i did not mind at the time it was all about cleaning up the store at night and making sure the make up was removed off every inch of the store before morning.
various range of shifts and consistent pay
Loss Prevention agent (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company as I learned quite a bit about professionalism and the security industry. i believe Sephora builds there employees for success.
Fun, Rewarding, Time Consuming
Color Consultant (Volume 1, Flagship Store) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2014
Great group of girls, and amazing team spirit! I work in all departments; however specialize in color and skin. Just like with all job, there are elements you love, and those you do not love so much; but the positive outweighs the negative. I just wish that I had more time to do things outside of work. It can be very tiring and time consuming.
Amazing starting point place to work at
Skin Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 21, 2014
Pros: tons of free products and if selected free trainings in hotels sometimes sent out of country
Cons: long hours, underpay, no benefits for part time
I love my job at Sephora a lot of professional growth and opportunity.
Do not forgot it is a retail job at the end of the day!
I like my clients, the respect i get within my cast. The more work you put in will be recognized but utilized as well without pay adjustment. It is a great opportunity to put your foot in the door to lead to other jobs.
Productive and fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbJuly 15, 2014
Sephora is a great place to work, my co-workers are respectful and friendly. it is a place where you meet people that grow to become a family and above all it is a place of high standards and great customer service to its client.
Positive stuff
Overnight Recovery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 7, 2014
Good place to work. Great people, good culture. Great samples from fellow vendors. They worked very hard to create a positive culture which I appreciated. Wish the salary could've been a bit higher.
Fun Environment
Makeup & Client Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Fun and innovative. Staff and customers always teach you somethiwng different and new
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2014
Pros: snacks from staff members and managers
Cons: sometimes slow days
The staff was really nice I got along with everybody. We had everyday goals and weekly goals as well. I learned a lot about the make up industry that I didn't know before also it pushed me to apply a make up school and i ended being certified and I'm very proud of that.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more