Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing starting point place to work at
Skin Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 21, 2014
Pros: tons of free products and if selected free trainings in hotels sometimes sent out of country
Cons: long hours, underpay, no benefits for part time
I love my job at Sephora a lot of professional growth and opportunity.
Do not forgot it is a retail job at the end of the day!
I like my clients, the respect i get within my cast. The more work you put in will be recognized but utilized as well without pay adjustment. It is a great opportunity to put your foot in the door to lead to other jobs.
Productive and fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbJuly 15, 2014
Sephora is a great place to work, my co-workers are respectful and friendly. it is a place where you meet people that grow to become a family and above all it is a place of high standards and great customer service to its client.
Positive stuff
Overnight Recovery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 7, 2014
Good place to work. Great people, good culture. Great samples from fellow vendors. They worked very hard to create a positive culture which I appreciated. Wish the salary could've been a bit higher.
Fun Environment
Makeup & Client Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Fun and innovative. Staff and customers always teach you somethiwng different and new
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2014
Pros: snacks from staff members and managers
Cons: sometimes slow days
The staff was really nice I got along with everybody. We had everyday goals and weekly goals as well. I learned a lot about the make up industry that I didn't know before also it pushed me to apply a make up school and i ended being certified and I'm very proud of that.
makeup and makeup!! Girls dream
Cosmetician (Former Employee), edmonton abApril 30, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: working every weekend.
Typical day was really busy ! LOTS of clients .
Learned lots about different makeup products.
Co- workers were friendly
Hardest part of the job was working every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about all the cosmetic brands the store offered.
Positive environment, positive people and excellent client service
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 24, 2014
Working at Sephora as an Operations Consultant, a regular day on the job would consist of stocking the store, receiving a shipment, inventory inquiries. Working both in the store and the back room, occasionally assisting clients find products to suit their needs. I've learned how to do brief make-up applications (still learning!) and many other things. – more... This company will help any of their employees achieve a goal if they are looking to learn new things. My colleagues are positive and professional which makes for a friendly, comfortable environment. The hardest part of my job would be lifting heavy things and being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is that every task and every client is always different, and my colleagues are great. – less
Innovative, cutting-edge
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
sales and makeup application.
fun and friendly staff.
A lot of innovative technology and initiatives.
Fun and productive place to work.
Recovery Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 12, 2014
Work in a small group and independently with minimal supervision on the Store Operations team. Work on maintaining the visual standards of the store, by doing nightly routines of deep cleaning, follow plan-o-grams for visual updates for the store front windows, displays as well as for different prestigious brands. Able to life and carry 20-40 lbs. Receive/process – more... shipment, of cosmetics skincare and fragrances, by counting the stock received, scan in the shipment to AS400 and replenish merchandise to the appropriate brands in a timely manner. – less
Amazing and unique approach to customer service with fantastic corporate culture
Skincare Expert (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: as in the main body of my review. client survey feedback, bonuses, feeling part of a highly accomplished team.
Cons: extremely loud music that quite often makes conversation and consultation extraordinarily difficult.
Sephora is dedicated to excelling, like no other, in customer service. In fact we call our customers "clients". A customer comes in and buys something. A client is someone you build a personal and ongoing relationship with - this is what we want @ Sephora.

Like no other cosmetics retailer, Sephora spends enormous amounts of time and money investing – more... in education. We call ourselves "The Beauty Authority" and we back that up by ensuring that our staff have unexcelled product knowledge which is updated with constant training by our education staff as well as by all our brand representatives as well.

Sephora has a very clear and unparalleled corporate culture called "The Seven Values". They are the REASON I wanted to work for them. The values guide our every move, every aspect of how we relate to our clients and how we relate to each other. Passion for the Client, Teamwork, Innovation, Initiative, Respect for all ... are some examples. "Respect for ALL" is our over-riding value for every thing we do and who we are.

I am at the Canadian Headquarters store. We are expected to lead, innovate and pilot for the rest of the company. We are EXTREMELY busy, having doubled our sales figures in only 3 years. We have risen through the ranks, as a store, to the point where we now rank # 14 in the entire world for sales. We are very HIGH achievers.

Every day I meet with our clients and discuss their very individual needs and concerns. I listen acutely and ask carefully insightful questions so as to uncover real and hidden needs. Each client is educated as far as is appropriate for their needs and given new insights and approaches. I try to make each client laugh at least once and demonstrate to them, by our not being on commission, that my recommendations are sincerely motivated and not just sales motivated. We do care about our clients.

Some of the biggest challenges are watching how the public can so often be shockingly disrespectful of us as people and disrespectful the property of the store, throwing garbage on the floor, stuffing dirty tissues in between product, lying about returns, stealing from us, insulting us at times and making unbelievable demands that cross the line of reason. We deal with this however, but returning ourselves to the Seven Values and remembering that most of our clients are wonderful people.

Sephora has taught me that the Seven Values are more than just useful on the job, as part of the company's culture, but that they are useful and desirable in everything that I do. It's non-commission culture has taught me how to show ultimate respect and genuine care for clients. These skills have stood me in good stead OUTSIDE of Sephora. I've sat on a Working Group for a massive real estate development project in my neighbhourhood, negotiating with Developers, City Planners and Councillors. It has been a controversial and often confrontational experience, and through my Sephora experience I've been able to calmly and respectfully negotiate with people I've often disagreed with in the extreme. And that has shown clear, remarkable results.

By having "Respect for ALL" I've learned how to sit at boardroom tables, in committees and respectfully discuss real and significant issues that have generated some quite outstanding results. My contribution to our Working Group was to be informed and to encourage members of the Working Group to show the utmost respect at every point in our negotiations, no matter how incendiary those can get. The main architect of the project once remarked that he has never seen such an informed and respectful Working Group. I take a measure of responsibility for that. "Respect for ALL" should be a life value for anyone.

People, our clients, are the best part of the job. I have many loyal clients, some whom I've known for years, that return for my services and Sephora has equipped me with everything I've needed to bring out the best in myself in order to serve them. – less
grat place to work
recovery (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: students were allowed to do their homework between calls
typical day was spend on the phone talking with costumers asking them about their experience with a certain type of service they had
Great company to work for
Color consultant (Current Employee), ottawa ontarioJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great team, great company values
Cons: chances of moving up are slim to none, lack of full time hours and benefits
I love Sephora bottom line! It is a great company with great values. I worked with a great TEAM of people, productive and fun atmosphere.
Fun workplace,
FULL TIME SKIN CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
I find Sephora being a really fun work place and it definitely helps you to grow if you want to grow with the company. There is really no limit about where you could be in the company as long as you have the desire to be there.
You could not learn this stuff at school!
Colour Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: gratis
Cons: long hours
Not one day is the same, and I am beyond grateful for that. Ive learned to be patient, and that each client that walks through those doors is coming in for an experience not available at any other beauty retailer. I'm elated to be part of that experience.
Professional look at all times, fun workplace
Beauty Consultant/Skin Expert (Former Employee), Square One - MississaugaSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: free makeup and personal discount
This was a temp job extra income before College. Fun place to work at, customer service skills is a must. Enjoyed working with the girls that were there at the time. Long hours.
fun work place, horrible pay
Consultant (Current Employee), Laval, QCJuly 3, 2013
Pros: nice team, surrounded by beauty products, its not all about make up only but includes alot of skincare and fragrances
Cons: not enough hours and low pay, also no constant product training
very simple, clients are priority, clean and stock when its bot busy. i've learned alot about the products on my own. the management team is fine my coworkers are amazing. the hardest part of the job would be the lack of hours and low pay, the most enjoyable part of the job are my clients <3
Fantastic, people-minded organization
Store Director (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2013
Pros: strong relationship building
Collaborative work environments are a dream for some, but not at Sephora. Sephora has a strong "people-first" culture that includes everyone from the clients to the top tiers of Leadership. If you are looking for a truly supportive, yet passionate for results type of company, Sephora is eager to deliver and provide you with a structure like no other – more... in Retail. – less
Great work life balance
Sales associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 15, 2013
Sephora has a great work life balance. The company values their employees and gives a lot back.
Educational, exciting and helpful cast to work with!
Operations Consultant (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 19, 2013
Role focuses on specific non-selling operations tasks within the store
• Operation members are trained to provide client service and cashiering roles when needed
• Shipment, Transfers, Product Returns, Tester, Inventory,
• Maintenance, Supplies, Merchandising, store animation.
• Assist in maintaining merchandising concepts at all times
• Maintaining – more... standards of cleanliness and organization within assigned zone;
• Replenishment, inventory control, and assist in the maintenance of animation and events
• Assist in the maintenance of animations and events
• Working in various ‘worlds’ taking part in cashier functions and duties in colour and skin
• Monitoring and participating in programs to reduce shrinkage – less
Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Cast Member) (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: gratis/cast members/managment team/enviroment
Cons: long hours/standard pay
Sephora is by far the best job I have worked at yet! Amazing team, fun enviroment and very motivational.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more