Sephora Employee Reviews

funwork place
recovery specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 August 2017
a typical day at work was fun working about make-up etc
the hardest part was busy days
i enjoyed learning about new products and the free gifts we would get
supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 July 2017
i love working for sephora its a excellent team to work for and very family oriented . i feel comfortable in my position and i'm always wonderful feedback
Pros
great company
Be prepared to turn into a robot
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Let's get this straight: If you're not counted as a favourite from your store director, specialist or other leads, you're nothing to them. Sephora does not tell you how to contact HR for a reason. (shady) If you're here, be prepared to keep to yourself and find yourself surrounded by passive-aggressive management and two-faced coworkers. Management does not value autonomy or you. No matter how hard you work, you are not valued. You can't afford to go out on your pay, you can't afford to eat on your pay, you don't get paid enough for what you do. They (management) will love you and act as if they're your best friend for the first few months and then they will show their true colours. If even one product is not shown perfectly aligned, be prepared to be talked to and scolded.

Honestly, the gratis wasn't even worth the bad vibes or negativity I got from my store director. Boy bye.
Pros
Gratis, Fun events
Cons
Management do not value you
Fun environment to work in
Skincare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
Meet backstage ready to go, meeting every day before you hit stage (this was an amazing thing which no other company I've worked for has done). On stage, kept busy in our zones, doing consultations, cleaning, dusting. I worked in skincare, so it wasn't as high paced as the color world, but it got hectic at times.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Long hours, inflexibility in schedules
Colour Consultant
COLOUR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
worked as a full-time colour consultant for Sephora Canada...if your looking for artistry experience, go for it! However, I just got tired of selling makeup all the time. Otherwise if you enjoy retail, you'd probably love working there.
Fun interactive fast paced work culture
Education Lead (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 June 2017
Worked here for 10 + years. Lots of great training for leadership to better coach and develop the staff. A company that's consistently growing and shifting with the consumer demand.
Pros
Benefits. Working with diverse people
Cons
N/a
You're a disposable
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC10 June 2017
The leadership of Sephora doesn't value its people the low wages and long shift make for an awful work environment my final straw was being called a disposable
Pros
Two paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
Low wages
Sephora canada
Consultante en opérations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 June 2017
J'ai travaillé à temps partiel au Sephora Sainte Catherine de Montréal (Canada) durant les périodes scolaires et durant les vacances à temps plein pendant presque 2 ans. Les managers sont toujours à votre écoute prêt à vous aider à batir votre carrière professionnelle dans la compagnie. Ils font en sorte que ce soit un plaisir de travailler. La formation est au coeur de votre développement.
Pros
Beaucoup de formations
A day at work
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 June 2017
Amazing atmosphere. Everyone is kind and helpful. Judgement-free environment. I love my job there. There company itself is a great company and I'm proud to be working here.
A good opportunity with poor management and staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 June 2017
A typical day at work involved interacting with the customers, suggesting products and doing makeovers. I learned a lot about the different types of products and what worked best with different people. The staff and management were very rude and it had a high school type atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the other staff and the constant conflict between my coworkers. The most enjoyable part was being able to use my skills and education to help customers find the best products for themselves.
Fun, exciting, and well-organized
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
Sephora is a great place to work if you love gaining make-up and skin care knowledge. The company is well-organized and there is always an interesting event happening in store.
Productive and fun place to work
ON Cashier, Colour Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2017
it is always a pleasure walking into Sephora as a cast. The management is amazing ! Basically a job where you walk in and walk out with more energy. The most challenging part of the job is pleasing the client, which is rare because most clients leave happy and feel more confident than they came in. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the opportunity to change one's perspective on themselves, higher self esteem, boost confidence and lastly the GRATIS
Pros
Free Lunches
Productive and fun learning space to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2017
Sephora is a respected beauty company that is very well known for good cause. My experience at Sephora was an overall enjoyable one, the company itself had very clear and concise guidelines and the customers were always fun and enjoyable to interact with.

The only con in my time at Sephora was the management and some employees. Childish and minor issues between employees would eventually become large problematic issues and management never did anything to put a stop to the issues that would constantly arise. Instead they became apart of the problem like talking about each person rather then helping.

Sephora is an excellent retail company and I would have stayed longer if it had not been the lack of respect and responsibility form management and staff.
Pros
Free lunches on rush hour days ex: Saturdays
Productive and fun environment
Beauty Expert/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 May 2017
Great atmosphere, lots of diversity and great experience. Working at this store for quite some time was rewarding. I feel that the company truly values the job work/ life balance and also expanding everyone's knowledge. The product knowledge training was extremely fun and important part of the job.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Productive and engaging job focused on client satisfaction and cast member education.
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Sephora is a wonderful and enjoyable retail store to work for. They teach you endless knowledge on client satisfaction and cast members become highly knowledgeable on all their products. It is a safe working place where management and cast alike encourage growth and self-confidence. The hardest part of the job is learning about the products, however, this is overcome by the great support cast members and management provides you with. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching satisfied clients return to come back for more advice or simply to catch up.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Sometimes physically draining
More than a typical retail job
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2017
Sephora puts a lot of time and effort into training. There is a clear path for those wanting to have a career. Training will sometimes include travel and you will be given samples of products to become familiar.
Pros
Free Makeup, fragrance, skincare. Great benefits
Cons
Mall Parking
Fun Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2017
It was my second home, I love the people I worked with and I loved the environment, as I was surrounded by makeup. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to people and suggesting products that would suffice
Pros
adequate enough breaks
Cons
standing
Productive and Enjoyable Experience
Makeup artist / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 April 2017
Enlightening atmosphere with an enjoyable selection of products. The staff were quite responsive when an issue occurred, MOST employees were kind, though the management staff were extremely supportive and taught new employees efficient and effective ways to apply the proper techniques.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
hectic
productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 April 2017
They typically give 9 hours shifts with an hour lunch. overall a great company to work for, the only down side, the hours are not consistent. management is really understanding but their policies are fairly unusual. they are great at keeping their employees up to date with new rules, policies and training
Pros
managment team is great
Cons
inconsistent hours
Busy environment, always learning something new
Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
It was a hectic environment to work in at times, especially when it was busy. Can get overwhelming having to be polite to clients all the time. Management is generally considerate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval