Sephora Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly workplace! Wage, not so great..
Cashier, makeup advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 15, 2016
working at sephora was a great experience. i gained a lot of knowledge on top of the knowledge i previously had about makeup and cosmetology. management was set up well along with the employees i worked with. everyone was friendly and welcoming. the only down side was the wage. i was travelling a distance from Hamilton to Burlington and only getting paid minim wage, which i was not pleased about. I was experienced and a certified makeup artist and was not getting paid accordingly. other than that, sephora is a great company to be a part of.
Pros
many breaks, free products!
Cons
fun place to work if you don't need to focus much on your earnings
cosmetic consultant (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 1, 2016
The people and culture typically are the best parts of the job. Its a fun place to work and it definitely will keep you busy. However for such a prestigious company the pay is practically unethical and sometimes feels like a scam. People who were hired years after me started to make more money than I did which makes 0 sense. And it's not uncommon for this to happen. It is a demanding job ill say that, as clients usually need a lot of time and attention when being assisted. It can be fun and usually the time will pass by well since you can be with one client for a fairly long time. With that said, since your job requires a lot of training and your work is fairly specialized you would think the pay wouldn't be minimum wage. Even for those who worked there for years. It's a good job for teens i'd say.
Pros
Gratis incentive, usually very fun and exciting
Cons
pay is outrageously low, moving up in the company is unattainable, do not let you travel from November 1st- January
Stable/Productive workplace
Stock Coordinator, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
A typical day can consist of receiving products and simply merchandising them in the according areas.

Management and co-workers are friendly/welcoming and are always maintaining a positive experience.

Hardest/most tasking aspect of the job is the attention to detail in the late hours of the morning when fatigue starts to set in.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the reviewing the end result of a hard days work.
Pros
Consistent hours, Stable/safe workplace, friendly staff
Cons
Overnight, Unable to independently listen to music/podcast etc.
good place to learn
Senior Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  senior artistFebruary 19, 2016
they give great opportunity to advance as long as you work hard
great teaching strategies
great educators
management is horrible in most locations
Pros
learn lots in fragrance skin care and make up
Cons
too many
Fun Job
Cashier/Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
I worked here as a part timer. This job was fun! As long as you don't pay attention to politics, you would love this job

We also got monthly bonuses depending on the team if we achieved our monthly goals
Pros
Gratis
Overall Experience at Sephora
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
My overall experience with Sephora was pleasant and it is a work place I would encourage people of all diversities to apply to because the company really values their employees for their contribution to the success of the company!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Gratis, Incentives, Training/Education, Employees, Company Values, Fair Breaks
Cons
some issues with manager, each individual store will be different
Advise clients on skincare, floor manage, help with training.
Skin Care Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sephora Kitchener and Toronto YorkvilleSeptember 24, 2015
A great place to work, but my time with the company has come to an end. Management and co-workers are supportive and easy to get along.

Some duties included advising clients on skincare, floor managing during busy hours, as well as help with training.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
No room for growth. Not a career.
Fun workplace, awful pay
Beauty Studio Captain (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Always busy, the day flies by. However, unless you're kissing the right butt, you'll never advance no matter how qualified. I worked there for three and a half years, full time hours, with no advancement. Not to mention you're paid basic minimum wage.
nice place to work
Seasonal Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 9, 2016
it was a nice place to work, but not very organized in how they announce things and how they went about some things. co-workers were nice and fun people to work with,
enjoyable thing about this job was to help people with what they wanted

management is ok but could use some work and more training for everyone
A fun company to work for
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2016
Awesome co-workers and great management. There are no stripes. Everyone is treated respectfully, clients and other co-workers.

Learned a lot more about the beauty industry than ever before and met down to earth brand reps.

Hope to reapply for the holiday season in 2016
Pros
Amazing gratis
Sephora Southgate Edmonton
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2015
Although I was only there for a short period of time I enjoyed the job. Management was great and the team really supported each other. My only complaint was for a senior makeup artist the pay is incredibly low and not at all competitive (you definitely cannot pay a mortgage working there, but it might be good for someone starting out or still living at home). I know they have made some changes to a few things since I've worked there so the wages may have been increased as well. This is just my experience from 2012.
Pros
Great team and management, fun environment and work culture.
Cons
Wage is way too low.
Productive, colorful and fast paced environment
Operations Consultant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Sephora, I've learned about different skin care techniques, how to achieve sale goals, and all the different types of make up products. The people working there are wonderful as well, bright positive energy! The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make clients happy after recommending different products they would try out as well as testing products on ourselves too! Other than being on the floor and working at the cash register, I handled stock and items being shipped to the store weekly. Had to update inventory and managed where products belonged and if they were in or out of stock.
Pros
Gratis; Free makeup products and bonuses if sales goals are met
Cons
Long busy holiday hours
Fun, busy, fast paced work environment
Colour & Cash Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2016
- assisting clients with product knowledge, makeup and skincare routines
- providing mini makeovers, foundation matches, etc.
- I learned how to multi client service, how to manage my time, excel in a fast paced environment
- management was supportive, encouraged growth
- co-workers were friendly, respectful, caring
- often times the store felt understaffed, extremely busy
- being able to work with amazing co-workers and clients
Pros
free lunches, free product, extensive product knowledge trainings
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, difficult to book time off
Amazing environment and very fast paced
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 22, 2015
My typical work day involves organizing the stock, the backroom, keeping everything organized and easily accessed. The management is made up of a group of really motivating and inspiring individuals. The co-workers are really amazing at working together to get everything time in proficient manner.
Really fun!
Skincare Consultant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
this is a really fun job, we often receive training on brands and products from brand representatives, receive gratis for learning about products, and get to make clients feel great about themselves. However this is still a retail job, and the pay is the biggest drawback to this job.
Pros
Gratis from brand trainings
Cons
Not great pay
Exciting fast paced work environment
Seasonal-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 10, 2016
It was a very fast paced environment in on of the busiest malls in the lower mainland during one of the busiest seasons of the year Christmas but overall i enjoyed working there. I learned so much more about the many make-up and beauty products sold and also how to apply them properly.
Fast paced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be at the till ringing the customers through, answering the phones, helping people find products that they need. I learned a lot of excellent customer service tips that I will carry with me. There wasn't anything that I would say was hard, very easy simple job. The most enjoyable part was the team. The people I worked with were wonderful to work beside.
Productive, Enjoyable, Great place to work.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
I loved working there. Great benefits and training. The management was professional and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and knowing you could make their day better with the assistance provided to them. They have an amazing company culture. Zero downsides.
Pros
gratis, free makeup, bonus paycheques monthly, kind staff
Cons
only seasonal
What an awesome place to be
OPERATIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 22, 2016
It was a wonderful work experience. I worked with some wonderfully talented people,and under an amazing boss. I grew an astounding amount as a sales person, and as a employee over all.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
I only worked there a few months before I had to move
Excellent
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2015
I loved working here over Christmas. They treat their employees very well and offer constant opportunities for advancement and education. It can get quite busy and crowded but it makes time pass.
Pros
free samples, snacks
Cons
standing, busy