Sentis Market Research is looking to a hire a junior web developer. We are a Vancouver based firm that develops custom web solutions for data reporting and collection. Join a team with lots of opportunity to advance in various areas of software development and problem solving.
We value individual contribution, initiative and good communication. If you are a recent graduate and are looking into developing web applications of various scales this is a great opportunity for you.
Work closely with the development team and project managers to ensure deliverables are completed on time.
Attend client meetings during the proposal process through to beta testing and full launch
Determine possible architectural, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to the project team and end clients.
Update the Project Manager with progress milestones and/or delays.
Participate in outside-the-box ideation to meet challenges and requests
Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
Required Skills for Junior Developer
- Junior Developer should have working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Understanding of procedural and object oriented programming
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of APIs, Json, and web services
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Degree in computer science or comparable education and experience
- Experience with web based application development
- Experience with php frameworks
- Experience with UI design