Sensient’s Bio-Ingredients Division is a global manufacturer of specialty ingredients that have wide applications in specific markets of food, fermentation, animal foods and nutrition. Our portfolio includes a complete range of yeast products, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins and dairy hydrolysates.
This position is responsible for the supervision of all production and sanitation operations at the Cornwall and Tara, Ontario facilities during the shift. The responsibilities also include insuring compliance with GMP/HACCP and Allergen programs for the facilities. 75% of time will be based at our Cornwall, ON facility, and 25% travel will be required to our Tara, ON facility.
1. Develop and implement sanitation SOPs and specific training for sanitation.
2. Responsible for master sanitation schedule and compliance to the requirements of the GMP, HACCP, and Allergen programs.
3. Responsible for the plant security program.
4. Responsible for managing and the maintenance of the plant quality program including the development, modification and updating of procedures to ensure accuracy.
5. Work with all departments to optimize production/sanitation and quality programs.
6. Execute the facility pest control program through vendor interaction.
7. Review sanitary design of equipment and procedures and recommend or change as needed.
8. Review accuracy of required documentation to ensure regulatory compliance.
9. Ensure the safety of all personnel at the facility and participate in the management of the plant safety programs.
10. Prepare for and actively participate in all customer/industry audits.
11. Supervise the investigation and correction of production problem.
12. Assist in the investigation of Customer Inquiries with Quality Assurance.
13. Work with the Sanitation Consultant to improve and implement sanitation programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Bachelor's degree in Food Science is preferred. One to 3 years supervisory experience and good people managing skills are required. Good communication skills, both written and oral are necessary. Experience in quality is preferred.