Our Client provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. In this role the candidate would assume responsibility of Database Support Specialist for a client located in Tiverton, Ontario.
As part of the team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
· Participate in MS Operations on call, as needed to supplement 24x7 Support
· Work extended hours as necessary to cover off system changes, urgent support and project related requirements
· Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
· Act as a Subject Matter expert for the disciplines outlined in job requirements
· Working through tickets with a sense of urgency to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Keep up-to-date with new technologies in order to provide support as new products are released
· Perform health checks on database systems to help identify performance bottlenecks.
· Adhere to change management policy.
· Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning
· Proactively monitor all managed databases to ensure secure services with minimum downtime (Oracle).
· Intermediate AIX systems knowledge and certification
· Provide trend analysis to customers to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
· Troubleshooting and problem solving of database development.
· Improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
· Implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales
· In depth Oracle Database Administration experience - on enterprise systems
· Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
· Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects as directed by customer, service management team and/or Operations team.
· Practical experience in managing the internal and external database security
· BS/BA or College Diploma in related field
· 6+ years of experience in database development and support in Oracle/AIX environments.
· Oracle/AIX certifications
· ITIL v3 certified
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
· Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, Oracle Enterprise Manager and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
· Good analytical, team-working, communication, presentation and negotiating skills
· The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
· The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to meet deadlines
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook
· High level of integrity and honesty