Seneca College Employee Reviews

I work part time but the salary is nothing
PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
I work part time. Seneca is loosing the part time Pharmaceutical courses to other smaller schools. Sudents are shuffled between various courses which may not be relevant and ove no prior exxposure o GMPs.
Great Community
Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
Great environment to work in, very adequate training is offered. Very supportive superiors and staff. Very organized and safe for kids and staff of all ages.
Good place
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
It is good workplace. I liked working there for the most part. It is well managed and employees get a separate lunch room which is nice. It is also located near the highway with plenty of parking.
Workplace that helps me grow.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I usually have a very relaxed day in the sense that working as a tutor at Seneca is almost second nature now. This job has given me a lot of skills not just for teaching but also to help me study.
Amazing!
Recreation Program Coordinator - Youth (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
A lot of great people here. The environment was always fun. The sports program was always one of strength and commitment. The Sting teams made my experience at Seneca a wonderful one.
Enjoyable workplace
STUDENT TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
I loved working at Seneca College, especially for the First Nation Office. Such nice and kind people. The pay was good, and great flexible hours for a college student.
Great place for a part-time job when you are a full-time student
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Gives an opportunity to apply the learnt knowledge to a real-life job.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Understanding and compassionate supervisors and managers.
Flexible hours.
Work hard and expect to work harder
Professor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Runs a lot like a business first and an education institution is secondary. I prefer it to be the other way around. Part time work can be frustrating but the pay is half decent.
School Environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
The school had a great selection of professors who helped increase our proficiency in various programming languages.
Business Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2017
Enjoy working there. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are many knowledgeable and talented instructors who are truly passionate about teaching and helping students.

Want to know more about Seneca College?

Ask a question
productive and fun place in seneca college
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I am working only wednesday and thursday at 5 hours.
I learned a lot of things from seneca work which are community and friendship.
I am doing the lab analyst in the seneca college
friendly environment
Mentor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 January 2017
In free periods, en lightening the new students about Seneca college, and it's services made me happy, because it made me feel that every single day I'm helping someone for their better future. I was available anytime by phone or email with those students who needed help. I loved to be mentor even though it was a volunteer work.
Pros
friendly envirnment
Cons
being busy all the time with studies and mentoring
Supportive, excellent work environment
Lead Guide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
This is a part time position, evening/night time and Saturdays and only in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November. Management and staff are exceptional! I absolutely love working here and when we are finished I can't wait for the next time we meet again! I have learned a great deal about problem solving and working with a diverse team.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
On your feet for the entire shift
Friendly, and Management was eager to help
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON11 January 2017
I worked an 8 hour shift Days and evenings.
I worked mostly by myself. especially on the evening shift.
It was a unionized environment so any kind of acknowledgement or reward was based on seniority not individual efforts.
Pros
Free Courses
Cons
hard work was not acknowleged over seniority
Good work life balance
Partial-load Professor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 January 2017
Ability to spend time with family and earn a decent income. Diverse culture. On the job training and great benefits.

There is no job security however and getting a full time position is almost impossible
Pros
On the job training and great benefits.
Cons
no job security
Fruitful workplace with brilliant teaching support
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 December 2016
A typical day at work included registering new students, and attending to students who have made appointments to see a tutor. Answer phone calls and prepare presentations for one-on-one, group, and workshop support. Train new colleagues. The management was friendly and cooperative. the co-workers created a positive environment for everyone to learn. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students with disabilities. Understanding their learning structure and adapting to that. The most enjoyable part of the job was the final results, when students praised me for my excellent support.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Test, Midterm, and Exam weeks
Professional development
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Seneca college offers a lot of professional development opportunities to its employees. It has very supportive and efficient staff members who are always ready to help you with whatever you need.
Pros
free coffee and gifts
Productive and Fun enviornment
Minor Official (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed both working and being a student at Seneca College. I learned great team work skills and new software. Before each game I will conduct game sheets needed, and set up stats. I was involved in recording all plays that happened in both basketball, softball, and baseball. Also, following the games I would submit all files to OCAA and head coordinators. I enjoyed being able to have a job while in school and all the support I received throughout the journey.
Okay..
Tier 1 technical support, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
its okay... Nice people, many meetings.

Every department is a different business and does not liek to work with each other.
Hard to obtain full time employment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
It's very difficult to obtain full time employment at the College even after several years of employment there. Employees are not accountable for their work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca College. Our community is ready to answer.