Seneca College Employee Reviews

Fruitful workplace with brilliant teaching support
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 December 2016
A typical day at work included registering new students, and attending to students who have made appointments to see a tutor. Answer phone calls and prepare presentations for one-on-one, group, and workshop support. Train new colleagues. The management was friendly and cooperative. the co-workers created a positive environment for everyone to learn. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students with disabilities. Understanding their learning structure and adapting to that. The most enjoyable part of the job was the final results, when students praised me for my excellent support.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Test, Midterm, and Exam weeks
Good work life balance
Partial-load Professor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 January 2017
Ability to spend time with family and earn a decent income. Diverse culture. On the job training and great benefits.

There is no job security however and getting a full time position is almost impossible
Pros
On the job training and great benefits.
Cons
no job security
Fulfilling work in teaching
Electronics Engineering Technology Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Collaborative workplace
Academic freedom: able to teach the way you wanted
Accessible support - supplies are readily available and tech support provided right away
Pros
Extended benefits
Cons
Part time work no job security
Great perks with extremely helpful management.
Sr. Support Services Officer - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
One of the few government organizations which have a great working culture along with a the high salary.
It was one of my best experiences and my manager is a role model lady with great skills and openness to new ideas.
Loved working there.
Pros
Perks, Learning and Respect. 9-5 job
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent job. Contract jobs.
Supportive, excellent work environment
Lead Guide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
This is a part time position, evening/night time and Saturdays and only in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November. Management and staff are exceptional! I absolutely love working here and when we are finished I can't wait for the next time we meet again! I have learned a great deal about problem solving and working with a diverse team.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
On your feet for the entire shift
Great job for entry level and student work
Part-time Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Being a student employee at Seneca you are not pressured to work really hard. hours are also flexible and management is willing to work with busy student schedule.

For students who are there for two or more years the laid back atmosphere losses its appeal.

pay is stagnant, hours as well. Job expectations increase year to year with no incentive or security.

I would recommend working at Seneca part time for students in their first or second years of study. If you are a student for a third year, I would be looking for work elsewhere with better pay and security.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy work, fun learning environment
Cons
stagnant pay, no security
Great People
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great Corporate Culture, Great location, Great environment, Great people, Work life Balance is great, summer hours. Just fantastic place to work loved it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Productive and Fun enviornment
Minor Official (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed both working and being a student at Seneca College. I learned great team work skills and new software. Before each game I will conduct game sheets needed, and set up stats. I was involved in recording all plays that happened in both basketball, softball, and baseball. Also, following the games I would submit all files to OCAA and head coordinators. I enjoyed being able to have a job while in school and all the support I received throughout the journey.
friendly environment
Mentor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 January 2017
In free periods, en lightening the new students about Seneca college, and it's services made me happy, because it made me feel that every single day I'm helping someone for their better future. I was available anytime by phone or email with those students who needed help. I loved to be mentor even though it was a volunteer work.
Pros
friendly envirnment
Cons
being busy all the time with studies and mentoring
Flexible and beneficial workplace for customer service experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 October 2016
Great place to work at to gain experience working with clients and gaining customer service experience. I learned a lot about the business aspects of an office. Everyone I worked with was competent with their knowledge in their position. The hardest part of the job is organization between both staff members and customers and students using the facilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was supervising to sporting events and occasionally participating.
Pros
Flexible hours, Access to Sporting events
Friendly, and Management was eager to help
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON11 January 2017
I worked an 8 hour shift Days and evenings.
I worked mostly by myself. especially on the evening shift.
It was a unionized environment so any kind of acknowledgement or reward was based on seniority not individual efforts.
Pros
Free Courses
Cons
hard work was not acknowleged over seniority
Great place to work, but has organizational issues
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 October 2016
Support environment, and great to work at, however, lack of communication and organization leads to problems in projects and reduced quality. A lot of things go un-noticed by upper management.
Great place for a part-time job when you are a full-time student
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Gives an opportunity to apply the learnt knowledge to a real-life job.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Understanding and compassionate supervisors and managers.
Flexible hours.
Amazing!
Recreation Program Coordinator - Youth (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
A lot of great people here. The environment was always fun. The sports program was always one of strength and commitment. The Sting teams made my experience at Seneca a wonderful one.
All I did was filing
President (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
All I did was alphabetize diplomas. I was a student at the time. My boss was extremely flexible in terms of my studies coming first. The importance of my duties was emphasized with my superiors, as the order of the diplomas was essential for the upcoming convocation ceremony.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
shorter contract then even agreed
productive and fun place in seneca college
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I am working only wednesday and thursday at 5 hours.
I learned a lot of things from seneca work which are community and friendship.
I am doing the lab analyst in the seneca college
Business Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2017
Enjoy working there. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are many knowledgeable and talented instructors who are truly passionate about teaching and helping students.
Work hard and expect to work harder
Professor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Runs a lot like a business first and an education institution is secondary. I prefer it to be the other way around. Part time work can be frustrating but the pay is half decent.
Enjoyable workplace
STUDENT TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
I loved working at Seneca College, especially for the First Nation Office. Such nice and kind people. The pay was good, and great flexible hours for a college student.
Professional development
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Seneca college offers a lot of professional development opportunities to its employees. It has very supportive and efficient staff members who are always ready to help you with whatever you need.
Pros
free coffee and gifts

4.2