SENECA COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

Great job for entry level and student work
Part-time Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
Being a student employee at Seneca you are not pressured to work really hard. hours are also flexible and management is willing to work with busy student schedule.

For students who are there for two or more years the laid back atmosphere losses its appeal.

pay is stagnant, hours as well. Job expectations increase year to year with no incentive or security.

I would recommend working at Seneca part time for students in their first or second years of study. If you are a student for a third year, I would be looking for work elsewhere with better pay and security.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy work, fun learning environment
Cons
stagnant pay, no security
Fun workplace and very rewarding
Office Administrator, Counselling & Accessibility (Current Employee) –  King City, ONApril 4, 2016
Love working with Counsellors and the Students
Enjoy helping students
My co-workers are caring, productive, helpful
Management is communicative and a pleasure to work for
Pros
close to home, great environment
Cons
part-time contract
Nice work environment considering both colleagues and equipment I worked with.
Teacher Assistant At Seneca College (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
I was a teacher assistant for Voice Over and Video Games classes and it was a fun and very valuable experience. I have improved my technical skills that I have got from my college education and have learned how to come up with alternative solutions in difficult situations.
Seneca has provided me with a great working atmosphere and gave me a great experience.
Stimulating environment
Test Taker/Scribe (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Well managed, professional organization. Well designed environment. Reliable and consistent management team. A typical work day consists of 1-2 hours of student support.
Great perks with extremely helpful management.
Sr. Support Services Officer - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
One of the few government organizations which have a great working culture along with a the high salary.
It was one of my best experiences and my manager is a role model lady with great skills and openness to new ideas.
Loved working there.
Pros
Perks, Learning and Respect. 9-5 job
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent job. Contract jobs.
Learning Environment
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Everyday tasks include handling tickets, walk-ins and phone support. Center attraction for students and dealing different kinds of issues with computers, students and other machines is the best part as you keep on learning new things. It is always fun to work alongside your coworkers and learning from each other. Decent pay and superb management are some of the things i love about Seneca.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Benefits
fun place but hard to advance
Desktop Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Helpdesk is very diverse and you have flexibility to rotate your shift if needed to. meet lots of new people. I've worked there part time on and off for almost 7 years, very hard to advanced to higher position due to uninized environment. contract pay in 2003 was the same in 2012, hadn't changed.
Pros
Diversity, flexibility
Cons
advancement to full time due to unionized environment
Productive and Fun Place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
Probably my favourite place to have worked because of the team and management. The team comradery helps to get work done with little to know conflict. Management fosters open communication and collaboration.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Rotating shifts
cooperative
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
Very productive and sincere. it's work very good with job sourcing.one place is enough for my career development. Their management body is very strong to find a particular job for a candidate. I'm happy to work with the company
Pros
suggestions
Cons
Good Environment
Productive learning environment
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2016
Maintaining record checks of tools and equipment coming in and going out. Typical day includes communicating with co workers and understanding different levels of working processes.
Great School that teaches real skills
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Seneca's stuff take teaching seriously. They help students developed job-related skills. The life drawing section is absolutely great. The school hires professional life drawing models. The learning environment is respectful, clean and comfortable.
PRoductive and fun work environment
Customer Service / Student ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Seneca College because it gave me first hand experience on how to deal with others and it was well coordinated with my school schedule
Productive, Growing, Perfect environment to learn.
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2016
1)co-workers are okay

2)management is fairly helpful and easy

3)lots of breaks

4)i liked the easy communication in the clear management

5)you can take break or call sick anytime
Productive and fun workplace
SLAFS Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
Being a part of SLAFS has let me get to know the other students in my program and has improved my group skills and people skills.
fun to wotk
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
Seneca provide great environment for students. While studying you can do very easy jobs which helps you to learn professional skills and experience
Productive Workplace Atmosphere
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  King City, ONApril 4, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in, always a constant change on a day to day basis with diverse population coming in with all different needs.

I learned the ability to operate multiple computer software programs. file important documents
Productive, organized and fun workplace
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I always like my place where I am working because I am confident and creative with communication skills and I always enjoy my work.Moreover,I am a responsible person with strong work ethics and committed to quality. Also I am known to be a people’s person who can connect with people seamlessly.
Productive workplace, very good traing
Team leader of promotion group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Good and friendly workteam, good support from proffesors and management, lots of fun with work, but busy. Lunch might costs too much.
Excellent to communication with people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2016
this was my volunteer job at the campus, it let us connecting people and get used to know more about the campus and the college management
productive and fun working place
Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
Its very productive and fun oriented working place. you will get to know more people with different attitudes, behavior and cultures.

4.4