Seneca College Employee Reviews

Good work life balance
Partial-load Professor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 January 2017
Ability to spend time with family and earn a decent income. Diverse culture. On the job training and great benefits.

There is no job security however and getting a full time position is almost impossible
Pros
On the job training and great benefits.
Cons
no job security
Fruitful workplace with brilliant teaching support
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 December 2016
A typical day at work included registering new students, and attending to students who have made appointments to see a tutor. Answer phone calls and prepare presentations for one-on-one, group, and workshop support. Train new colleagues. The management was friendly and cooperative. the co-workers created a positive environment for everyone to learn. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students with disabilities. Understanding their learning structure and adapting to that. The most enjoyable part of the job was the final results, when students praised me for my excellent support.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Test, Midterm, and Exam weeks
Professional development
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Seneca college offers a lot of professional development opportunities to its employees. It has very supportive and efficient staff members who are always ready to help you with whatever you need.
Pros
free coffee and gifts
Productive and Fun enviornment
Minor Official (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed both working and being a student at Seneca College. I learned great team work skills and new software. Before each game I will conduct game sheets needed, and set up stats. I was involved in recording all plays that happened in both basketball, softball, and baseball. Also, following the games I would submit all files to OCAA and head coordinators. I enjoyed being able to have a job while in school and all the support I received throughout the journey.
Okay..
Tier 1 technical support, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
its okay... Nice people, many meetings.

Every department is a different business and does not liek to work with each other.
Hard to obtain full time employment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
It's very difficult to obtain full time employment at the College even after several years of employment there. Employees are not accountable for their work.
All I did was filing
President (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2016
All I did was alphabetize diplomas. I was a student at the time. My boss was extremely flexible in terms of my studies coming first. The importance of my duties was emphasized with my superiors, as the order of the diplomas was essential for the upcoming convocation ceremony.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
shorter contract then even agreed
Fulfilling work in teaching
Electronics Engineering Technology Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Collaborative workplace
Academic freedom: able to teach the way you wanted
Accessible support - supplies are readily available and tech support provided right away
Pros
Extended benefits
Cons
Part time work no job security
Enhancing ones own skills
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 November 2016
Tutoring work experience taught me one thing that every person is unique in their own way.Everyday you are assigned different students to coach on different subjects,during this time interactions take place out of the subject and we both learn in the process.
Great People
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great Corporate Culture, Great location, Great environment, Great people, Work life Balance is great, summer hours. Just fantastic place to work loved it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Great place to work, but has organizational issues
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 October 2016
Support environment, and great to work at, however, lack of communication and organization leads to problems in projects and reduced quality. A lot of things go un-noticed by upper management.
Flexible and beneficial workplace for customer service experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 October 2016
Great place to work at to gain experience working with clients and gaining customer service experience. I learned a lot about the business aspects of an office. Everyone I worked with was competent with their knowledge in their position. The hardest part of the job is organization between both staff members and customers and students using the facilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was supervising to sporting events and occasionally participating.
Pros
Flexible hours, Access to Sporting events
N/a
Part-time Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
As a part time employee I have had no issues. The facilities are clean and the equipment is up to date and easy to use.
It can be frustrating at times that tech support on weekends doesn't start until 9am which is the same time class starts so technical difficulties can sometimes make classes start late.
Nice work place
Students Service Desk/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
The coworker were very nice and helpful. We had a good time while working. I have learned many things regarding customer support skills and technical support skills.
Great institution with a graet ability to connect with community
Marketing and Promotions Council (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2016
Performed research tasks and inquiries. Managed governmental research performed by students to identify prospects for a future development of the college. Great ability to meet with a lot of people and find friends.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Little hours
Very Fun
Office Clerk/Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
The best part of working at Seneca was being able to see my friends in between their classes. Its a great feeling when a friend tells you their relative/sibling attends and would be needing your assistance.
diverse community and fun
Part-time professor, EAP500 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
I find Seneca College one of the rewarding experiences I've had thus far. I teach undergrad students and it's been another stream of learning about new cultures at this prestigious college.
Great job for entry level and student work
Part-time Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Being a student employee at Seneca you are not pressured to work really hard. hours are also flexible and management is willing to work with busy student schedule.

For students who are there for two or more years the laid back atmosphere losses its appeal.

pay is stagnant, hours as well. Job expectations increase year to year with no incentive or security.

I would recommend working at Seneca part time for students in their first or second years of study. If you are a student for a third year, I would be looking for work elsewhere with better pay and security.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy work, fun learning environment
Cons
stagnant pay, no security
Student
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2016
As a student this was a great job for me to start off as a jr designer, i received a lot of work experience. Got to work along several other student and staff learning and developing my skills in the workplace
Productive learning environment
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
Maintaining record checks of tools and equipment coming in and going out. Typical day includes communicating with co workers and understanding different levels of working processes.

4.3