SENECA COLLEGE

SENECA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice workplace with nice leader
Office Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: have lunch break
Cons: no
Learned about how to deal with different questions.
Co-workers are nice.
I enjoyed smiling to people and helping them.
Friendly and professional workplace
Mentor of Smile Program (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
I enjoy working with Smile Program at Seneca College. They are pretty friendly to help me and all workers, although their work are also serious. What I pretty love them which is they have prefect work processes with great time management.
Exposure and Experience
HR, Business, English & IT Tutor (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 28, 2015
Excellent opportunity for me to gain skills and showcase them through customer (student) satisfaction. A exposure to use skills and education for organizational development as well as growing career wise.
Great shift schedule with nice environment
Peer Tutor / Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Very nice place for a part time work.
Schedule is very flexible to avoid your academic interference.
Very friendly environment with great people
Interesting and technologically advanced facilities
Part-Time/Temporary Support Staff (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: None
Simple and entertaining job. Not challenging nor easy.
It allowed me to gain a little sense of leadership and responsability as I was in charge of the safety of 100's of 7 and 8 graders
Productive workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 19, 2015
Typical day at work followup with clients and thier orders.
Learned about Logistics and international trade and banking.
It was good
Arduino Programmer – Freelance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
We worked on project Telephone Directory. It was very interesting. I learned many new skills. We worked in a team. It helps me to increase my knowledge and skills.
Good Platform for growing up
Tutor (Former Employee), Seneca& yorkMay 5, 2015
It was a very good start for me. It was a good platform for me to grow up. I have had very good coworkers in academic environment. I have to be updated and know about any area that I had to teach so make me refresh day by day.
Well organized and nice people
Senior Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee), MarkhamMay 4, 2015
Was a nice contract job. Enjoyed the project. Tim Horton's on site. Good working environment. Nice to have students around.
workplace
Student Service Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2015
I am a team Leader. I enjoy working with a team. I take good lead for efficiency work and safe work environment. I worked as an unloader and considered to be strong.
I have a very good customer service skills including one year IT service experience.
Technical Support and Front Desk Help (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
This was my coop term with Seneca College and I have learned a lot during this period. Mostly, I learned how to handle a client in professional manner. I also learned to work with a team as well as independently. I learned how to communicate with the management and report them the issue such as printer problem or Network issue time to time.The hardest part of the job is sometimes it is too busy to take a break but I learned how to work on pressure. The most enjoyable part is to communicate with the new students or clients and see them that they are happy with the service that I provide.
Smart strategic changes and positive growth
Director of ERP Program Office (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great culture and people
Cons: Only the largest campus locations have both Starbucks and Timmies
Seneca is a great institution going through some smart strategic changes.

The culture here is very positive and it is on a growth curve on multiple levels. This makes for a thriving work atmosphere and I see the evidence of this being sustained for some time to come.

The best part of Seneca is truly the people there - phenomenal students/faculty/administration - they make the culture.

Grateful to be a part of Seneca.
Good workplace to gain experience
Procurement - PROCUREMENT ANALYST (CO-OP) (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good working atmosphere
Cons: Limited upward mobility within the department
Received hands on, into the fire training on Oracles PeopleSoft ERP system. Also had a front row seat to see the day-to-day operation of the Procurement Department.
Mainly customer service with helping students to solve their problems in college
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Less work load
Cons: Not much to learn then customer service
I usually do the office work in Seneca college student services. I also help students with their problems and try to solve them. Give valuable guidance to any campus related issues like directions, contacts, and more. We had Career services included in our department so there were two of those co-ordinators one supervisor and one manager. The hardest part of job is the time of locker clean out and the easiest part is the campus directions. I used to give campus tours as well.
Seneca College
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: they were able to work around my class hours.
As a student and employee at Seneca College, I have learned a variety of skills. I now work well with people form different cultures, learning disabilities and ages. As a student they taught me how to think strategically, pay attention to detail, and developed technical writing skills. As a worker I learned how to organize, prioritize and provide quality services.
Hospitality Student
Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
Exceed customers expectations. Gain customer service experience and knowledge. I have had the opportunity to win a floor plan competition. I am currently SMILE mentor at this college.
Great job experience, and great for networking
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good experience
I've had great experiences working as a lab assistant in Seneca College. I enjoy helping out the professors and the students, because I learn along the way too. Management is very, very nice.
A great co-op experience
Public Affairs Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 31, 2015
I had a great experience learning about government relations and public affairs. The team was very encouraging and open to giving me a variety of work so that I could get a good learning experience.
It is a volunteer job
Mentor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2015
That helps me to improve my communication skills and make more friends.I am so happy to help others who is new in school.I did not get salary,because it is a volunteer job. It is more than a job.It is a good experience.
A fun work experience.
Seneca Student Federation - President (Former Employee), King City, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: paid as a student
Cons: politics
Meetings consisted of lots of politics, however it was a great experience to be a part of a huge student corporation.

1 2 3 4