Position: Residence Services Lead
Posting Date: October 3, 2013
Location: Seneca College Residence & Conference Centre, King Campus
13980 Dufferin St., King City, ON.
Start Date: ASAP
Interviews: Week of October 21, 2013 (Approx.)
Application Deadline: October 15, 2013 by 11:55pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted via our Careers website.
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Residence Services Manager is responsible for complimenting the role of the Front Office Manager, specifically with day to day tasks conducted through the front desk and office. The Residence Services Lead is also responsible for insuring a high quality of service delivery and capability of resolving the various magnitudes of day to day challenges that flow through the front desk.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Oversee and supervise the operations of the front desk and CSR staff
- Establish a plan or routine for the night desk clerk and/or security
- Complete administrative work as assigned
- Perform front desk responsibilities from time to time including: Check in/out, settling accounts, resolving disputes.
- Have the ability to step into the role of “Manager on Duty” form time to time.
- Assist in training and developing of staff
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to write effective letters
- Maintains a team atmosphere within the organization
- Help organizing the office to ensure all files and information are easily found
- Ensure that any conflicts are dealt with properly and immediately
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, including daily balancing and month end activities
- Have the ability to create and adapt to new ideas and changes
- Be flexible to work various hours, including weekend work, to cover the needs of the business
- Be adaptable to various management situations that may be considered stressful or difficult.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge * Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 year industry experience or equivalent management experience
- Possess ability and desire to sell accommodations
- Strong organizational, communications, and customer service skills; verbal & written.
- Be computer literate with experience in Microsoft applications.
Hours per Week: Scheduled 44 hours per week
Level of Interruption: High level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request with our HR Department.