Semtech Employee Reviews

It was an excellant place to work
Manufacturing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 19, 2014
The work is interesting and sometimes challenging.
I learned to tune my skills at technical writing and QC and receiving.
The managers are well informed and good, the co-workers are great to work with. I enjoyed talking to the engineers about the testers. It is sad seeing it scale down.
Excellent technology and work environment
Principal Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2014
Great people, great place to work.

Good management.

Good communications with fellow workers.

I really enjoy it here.
Nice and clean environment
Test Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2014
Overall it was a good experience working with different people from different nationalities. The management were very patient when you did not know how to performed some activities they will always help to give the best training.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun and Challenging
Director Sr., Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Intense and fun place to work. Learn a lot and a great team. Some projects are at the bleeding edge of technology and hence its a great learning opportunity,
Pros
large company
Cons
short vacation
Absolutely Dreadful
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 17, 2013
This company from top to bottom employs some of the most sub human people I have ever encountered. Cowardly, mean, sneaky. Would only wish this company on my very worst enemy. After over 20 plus years in the business, I can say this company and its people are a detriment to society.
Good If you are an Engineer, Bad If you are anyone else
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 1, 2012
This company is very good if you are an engineer. The engineering teams are very smart, and very good at what they do, and it seems like management gives them the freedom to be creative enough to be innovative. This company is very bad if you are in any kind of sales or operational support role. There are currently some pretty bad managers that are irrational, impulsive, and non forward thinking. There is not alot of room for advancement, and in some areas, innovative ideas are not supported, and are almost not condoned, depending on who your manager will be. There is too much emphasis on the needs of the company, therefore leaving very little culture or moral support for the employee. This was the worst working experience I have ever had in my career. The only thing I learned while working at this job is that your life should have 60/40 LIFE WORK ratio.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay, gym available, golf league (coed), mens soccor
Cons
forced furlough days to make quarterly numbers, inconsistant and always changing vision, no room for advancement, no pay increase, or no personal or professional growth potential
i liked working with people there
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 5, 2012
The work I was doing at SEMTECH was integrated analog and digital circuit design. It required some simulations which included PSRR, Stability Analysis, AC Sim, Transient Sim, and Monte Carlo.It also required to tweak the circuit which included both digital and analog circuit. It also required to review the layout and gave some feedback.
Pros
flexible
Cons
at that time they didnt use cadence to do design
el trabajo no es muy pesado.
Encargada (Current Employee) –  Reynosa, TAMNovember 24, 2015
en este trabajo aprendi a desemvolverme
aprendi a tratar a las personas y a resolver problemas.
el ambiente de trabajo es muy bueno.
Pros
se descansan los fines de semana.
Cons
hay mucha rotacion de personal