The Selkirk College Students’ Union is seeking a Coordinator to oversee the Union’s work at the direction of the elected Executive Committee. The position is based out of Castlegar, BC and has a one year term, with a possibility of extension.
The regular duties of the Coordinater include:
- organizing the work of the Executive Committee;
- facilitating member services operated by the Union;
- directly administering the extended health and dental plan service,
- advising the Executive Committee on the development of political/advocacy campaigns, and producing campaign materials;
- organizing events on Selkirk College campuses;
- liaising with the College and coalition partners;
- overseeing the Union’s communications work by designing materials to advertise and promote work of the Union, creating and editing online and social media content, and coordinating regular publications of the Union;
- assisting with the development of an annual budget and overseeing the work of the Union’s contract bookkeeper;
- coordinating membership outreach initiatives as well as assisting with volunteer recruitment and supervision,
- coordinating the annual election, general meeting and other governance structures of the Union; and
- performing other general office duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
The Coordinator shall be knowledgeable of and have experience in:
- post-secondary education and student issues, college governance structures, and the role of students in college or university decision-making structures;
- the student movement in Canada/British Columbia and its aims;
- budgeting and financial oversight;
- producing campaign materials and documents;
- office administration, including the use of Macintosh and Microsoft based computer systems;
- communications/public and government relations;
- event planning and coordination.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working in an advocacy role, as well as those who have at least two years experience working for a student/not-for-profit organization.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by no later than 5pm on November 1, 2013 to:
Hiring Committee, Selkirk College Students' Union
301 Frank Beinder Way, Castlegar, BC V1N 4L3
or, reply to this posting.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No in-person inquires please.