Self employment Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmosphere
Bartender (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 24, 2015
My time at Shoppers Drug Mart was great. The management and other coworkers were amazing to be around! the store was always organized and clean. A typical day at Shoppers was doing a quick check of the store to see if everything was in place, then I had to do a inventory count of certain sections of the store and finally ending the night with cleaning floors, doing garbages and locking up. the hardest part about the job was having to keep up with the new product coming in and old product going out, while the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to work with
Productive, fun and active.
Home Organizer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: set your own hours.
Cons: no benefits.
Every day was a new experience. The best part was just getting in there and creating the space without a structured plan. I just let it organically evolve. For me as a natural organizer it's fun, it's creative, it's productive, it's enjoyable. I get to see a project come to life before my eyes, that's the real joy of it. Always included the client in the whole process.
Learn alot during period of Self Employment - But not profitable enough
Minimizing Employee Cost, Logistics Costs, Labor (Former Employee), C30March 22, 2014
Pros: very fun and enjoyed the work
Cons: not enough pay
Learn alot during period of Self Employment - But not profitable enough

Was able to handle all sectors of a company, from shipping, to packing, to accounting, to services, every single task was handled by the same person, alot of work but not enough hours.
Enjoy very much this line of work.
Musician (Current Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Doing what im passionate about
Cons: N/A
My average night at work involves singing and performing with other mucisians. Original material along with a range of cover songs,
Having the option to do a job that i love, being able to dictate and be my own boss. To be able to work this fun trade in without interfering with past, present or future tence work schedules is pretty cool.
Enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 7, 2014
I learned how it would sort of be working at a hotel or a cleaning company.
Working with my team mate couldn't be anymore fun

Long hours and bending over & always on your feet was hard at first but then you get used to it doing it everyday, especially when you have children to clean after

Getting to talk to the person who hires you about more work and getting to know a little bit about them
Productive, work-at-home
Stock investor (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: work when i want, easy money some days
Cons: lost money on off days
it was easy for me to learn the tricks of the trade, of supply and demand, and to think with the mind of a consumer. made enough profit to not need another job in the situation i was in,
Creative and Open Minded environment
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Great people to meet
Cons: Long hours
Self employment is great because you can meet all of types of people. Through the years I've been able to mature as a person in many ways from the experiences.
Enjoyed being productive with my day.
Yard Worker (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 2, 2015
Learned if I work I earn money. Also being productive and getting out of the house. Also work experience helped for applying for future positions. Enjoy volunteer work with Lions Club lots.
Perfection.
Freelance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
A great atmosphere to open up an think outside of the box. Providing clients with all the design needs they may require. Developing brands to get noticed and be a stand alone in an over saturated marketplace.
Not job I want
Various jobs to have some income (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2013
Pros: lots of free time
Cons: not much money
for personal reasons i did this type of work hours and amount of work varied not steady employment only a fill in till i had other employment
Scotiabank Summary
Nanny (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 26, 2015
I did not wish to put anything in this area, but it would not let me proceed without doing so. All I really have to say about this company is that there are some very good people working there.
good
Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2015
start at convenient time or during off day. there is no complaint from anyone since students are looking for learning and not just for marks. can be very flexible about workload and schedule.
Did not like the industry
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Spent 5 years in the 80's doing new product consulting. Did not like the "alternative banking" industry. More to follow if anyone is remotely interested.
Great
Bicycle Mechanic (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: alone
Cons: people
It was great. I like being my own boss. Also I like getting my hands dirty. Cleaning and organizing was a pain but I manage.
Business management (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2014
Very demanding and uncertain Job.
Always have to renew yourself and find new opportunity,