Self-Counsel Press is seeking a full-time Publicist. We’re looking for a creative, energetic person to generate publicity in both online and traditional media for our list of small-business, legal and personal finance books in both print and eBook format.
Working closely with the Marketing Manager, Editorial department and Sales Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of publicity. The ideal candidate is web savvy and has fresh new ideas for reaching consumers for niche book subjects.
We need someone who has good writing skills and excellent personal skills -- someone who can develop a good working relationship with traditional and online media.
- Developing strategic US and Canadian publicity campaigns for SCP's strong and extensive backlist as well as 7-10 new titles each season – in both print and eBook format
- Writing press releases, pitch letters and promotional materials
- Building and maintaining relationships with small business support organizations such as Chambers of Commerce and entrepreneur groups
- Maintaining, strengthening and developing relationships with online and traditional media
- Building and maintaining ‘Self-Counsel Press’ as a brand identity in the media
- Working closely with US and Canadian sales reps and distributors
- Supervising review copy mailings
- Maintaining publicity section of Self-Counsel Press website
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be an independent, creative thinker and be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Candidates must be extremely organized
- Ability to identify and target particular demographics
- Experience and skills with Apple-Mac OS and/or InDesign-Photoshop are a bonus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience in book publicity or comparable education (MPub)
- Strong command of social networking websites and other online tools
- Salary Position + Benefits. Compensation based on experience
- Feel free to provide salary expectations when contacted
For over 40 years, Self-Counsel Press has published high quality business and reference books and forms kits, written in clear, easily understood language. Our titles provide readers with reliable information authored by experts. We have a range of do-it-yourself legal and business titles, and reference books covering topics such as writing skills, professional development, study skills, and personal finance.
We thank all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please e-mail your resume - ATTN: Publicist / PR Manager
No phone calls, please.