Sedgwick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tough Work, But Fair Benefits
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, and vacation time
Cons: Stressful Work
The work is stressful and you will get frazzled from time to time. However, the employer understands that aspect of the job and makes up for it as much as possible. Good pay and good benefits is pretty – more... swell. They also give out a very healthy amount of paid time off with you can use for extra vacation if you don't use much of it for sick days. The fellow employees and even the superiors are great to work with. – less
Great for learning the ropes
General Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
It's a bit of a high pressure environment because it's performance driven. Paperless. Technologically forward. Interesting place dependent on what you are looking for in a company. Great amount of PTO.
Rollar Coster Ride
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Hilliard OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Holiday Schedule
Cons: Everything else
Increases anxiety levels by 99%, sleep decreases at least by 50%, and your home life is no longer yours. Be prepared for no training, 12-14 hour days, and repetition.
Productive and stress free environment
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: own space and stress free environment.
Cons: i loved everything about the company
A typical work day would be managing and making decisions on FMLA claims depending on the employees eligibility. I was the assigned case manager for about 280 claimants, in this current position I learned – more... how to prioritize my work by the timeliness and the importance of the task. I learned how to multitask taking in bound calls regarding disability and still working on just FMLA based claims. My co-workers we're amazing people to work with always helpful and that's what I enjoyed most, i felt that i always had a good support team if ever i had questions. I would hardest part of the job would be the consist process changes due to the clients specific needs however, I always adapt to the new changes and insuring I am going above and beyond the customer service expectations. – less
Challenging and Structured.
Claims Representative IAP (Former Employee), Orange, CAJuly 23, 2015
This company has extensive and reliable resources for employees. Growth is highly encourages. This company has an extensive history of set business practices essential for business function.
It's a job
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits, lots of PTO, largely autonomous
Cons: The client, the callers, certain co-workers, the stress
When I started, I was incredibly happy to be doing what I was doing. But as my tenure stretched on, the client and many of my co-workers began to make more demands on my time, many of which were very difficult – more... to complete in a timely fashion.

I was also originally promised I would not need to tend to the phones very often, but after only six months, it became clear that I was supposed to be backup for the receptionist.

After two and a half years, I opted to switch to a different team in an office much closer to my home in the hopes of saving money on gas and tolls, as well as a great deal of time on the commute. What I found was a team environment even more stressful than the one I had left, with callers who were even more venomous than what I had been dealing with previously. I came very near to quitting without notice purely to preserve my sanity, bursting into tears as soon as I got home most days, when I heard my old job had opened back up in the office I had transferred from. So now I am back where I started a little over four years ago.

The workload has steadily increased to the point where often it is impossible for me to actually take a proper lunch break without falling behind and there are a few key individuals who have an air about them that suggests they would like nothing more than to destroy me and see me fired purely because they don't get the special treatment they think they deserve and end up getting reported on.

Perhaps it's just my personality that clashes with this job, but I don't think the level of pay is commensurate to the level of stress I deal with on a daily basis. The benefits are alright, lots of PTO, but trying to schedule it around the other six people I have to coordinate with can be a bit of a nightmare, especially since the company took away our 5 roll-over days, meaning any unused PTO burns at the end of the year.

It is a daily grind, highly repetitive, easy to make mistakes though it's often easy to correct said mistakes, and lacks fulfillment in almost every regard. It's also very easy for co-workers, management, and even the client to blame me and the others who share my title for problems that are in fact not our doing. I come to work every day in a constant, highly subdued fear that I could be fired at any time for some technicality that wasn't even my fault to begin with. – less
No work life balance
Claims Examiner- Bodily Injury (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: work- no training
If you work on the Home Depot account they believe in micro-management. You are expected to complete all your work and sometimes that means working on the weekend with no additional compensation. The SCU unit is the worst one to work under.
good company to work for
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Sedgwick is a good company to work for everyone is nice and you get every paid holiday off with a the day before being a half day.
Great Company!
Service Care Representative (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great Place and People!
Cons: None
Great place to work for! Love this job! Great life,work balance.Fair company,great pay and team building and management!
Fun work environment but overworked staff
Telephonic Nurse Case Manger (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHMay 24, 2015
There are many benefits to working at Sedgwick and lots of educational meetings and in-services with food provided. The people are all very nice and helpful; however, there is a lot of staff turnover causing a lot of shifting and changing of work flow. There is a general sense of being overworked and a less than smooth transition with the changes in workflow.
PTO/PAY
Return to Work Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2015
National third party administrator offers competitive pay, numeous PTO days. Training of new employees minimal. Large caseloads and fast work pace.
Sedgwick
Medical Case Consultant (Current Employee), UtahMay 18, 2015
Pros: telecommuting for some colleagues, pay, generous PTO
Cons: unreal expectations, high performance standards, poor training
Sedgwick is a large company with a lot of room for advancement if that is your goal. The overall experience at Sedgwick seems largely dependent on the client(s) you work for. Some clients are great, – more... with wonderful support teams in place. Others may have unrealistic expectations making workloads difficult to maintain while also achieving internal performance standards.

Training for new colleagues does not seem sufficient, but again this can be vary greatly depending on your particular team/supervisor. – less
Disability Examiner Senior (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 15, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
This company sets the standard, and anyone that would like to work in the industry should look into this company. Plenty of room for growth, and many opportunities available.
Great teammates
Disability Examiner Senior (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: The people I work with are great individuals
Cons: Work life balance
A typical day consist of managing disability claims for Sedgwick clients while providing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of my day would be helping people with their disability claims – more... and helping them take the steps needed so they can return to work. While working at Sedgwick I have learned that having a good relationship with your clients is vital to accomplish your goals once you built a strong relationships with your customers and your clients the end result will always be positive. – less
over worked and under paid
Disability Representative (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: shift options
Cons: management, workload, company morale
a typical day includes processing disability claims all day. training didn't teach much you learn 80% on the floor. management needs training. there is no company morale. the hardest part of the job is completing your work because they say at Sedgwick the reward for hard work is more work. So you end up doing others work when they can't complete it. I can't think of an enjoyable part of the job.
High Volume, Fast Paced Work Environment
Claims Representative III (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, ability to rise within the company
Cons: Work/Life Balance
Sedgwick has been a great place to obtain experience in the claims industry. During my time with Sedgwick I have been able to take on many different roles allowing me to see the claims world from multiple perspectives. Sedgwick does expect it's employees to handle a high volume workload with quality results for the client.
Great place to work with perks!
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 14, 2015
I work with Lockheed Martin Employees on a daily basis open leaves and short term disability claims. I discuss approval and denials and work with Examiners to make sure the leave process runs smoothly. I educate employees about FMLA and what to expect throughout the process.
Couldn't overcome the boredom...
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Treated to free lunches on occassion, people
Cons: Lack of work, low compensation
In general, I can't say Sedgwick was a bad place to work. I was just very under-stimulated and bored most of the time. I was able to read a 300-page book in less than three days...

I was a part of – more... new team and in the beginning we were VERY busy, but once we got caught up I had almost nothing to do as an assistant. I would finish my work before 11am most days and just wait for things to come my way until the end of the day. That's not to say other assistants had the same lack of work. It was different for each of us depending on what client our teams worked with.

I loved all of my teammates and our supervisor was nice, but very soft spoken. The people at this place were great, but I needed more to do. – less
Great Company..Depending on Your Supervisor, Client, Office Location, and Region
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learning Opportunities, Free Licensing, Great Benefits, Decent pay.
Cons: High Demands, Clients promised the world, can't always be delieverd, Poor management.
I worked at Sedgwick for a little over a year. First the good...

I think the company itself is not too bad. The pay is decent and the benefits are pretty good. The supplemental benefits that I had when – more... I worked there were nice and really came in handy. The vision insurance and prescription insurance is great. I think the company has a future and really does care what the employees think. The opportunity to earn your license(s) without any out of pocket cost, the opportunity to earn credits to keep your license active, and the speakers/free food to learn from are great. I believe Sedgwick really does care.

Now the bad...

I believe that depending on the region of the country your assigned to, the supervisor you have, and the client load you get can really make or break your experience. I worked with some fantastic co-workers, often we felt as if we were drowning as a team. The training, unless you are able to go to TN is rocky. It is very dependent upon the supervisor who can do a great job training you or a bad job. I had the later. I believe that if your client load is not well balanced, it can make life miserable. Not all positions are exempt, meaning that you are expected to move mountains and do 50 hours+ of work in 37.5. – less
Great PTO and Benefits Package
Service Center Lead (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Casual environment, excellent PTO package, reasonable health package premiums, employee discounts
Cons: internal communication, internal promotion process, aging technology, distance from home
I have been with Sedgwick for 8 years this June. I have always loved the company and am sad that the client I am dedicated to has canceled their contract with Sedgwick. I am proactively seeking a new 'home'. I take pride in my drive, dedication, determination, and devotion to my work. Altough I am nervous,I look forward to a new chapter in my career with a new company.