Sedgwick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lack of communication
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Good people, good benefits, fun office
Cons: Management, lack of any training or communication.
The lack of communication and follow through from management creates a stressful environment from something that could be easily avoided. There are good people who work here but they are over shadowed by the manager favorites. Management has constant ideas and meetings about issues that will be done or are going to be implemented but are never heard of again. Under different management there would be more success in the finance department.
Overall great company
WC Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2015
Pros: company provided lunches, great vacation/sick hours
Cons: training
Hardest part of job is learning new required skills when placed in a new position within a short period of time. Unrealistic expectations in certain departments. Some managers only look out for employees they are friends with.
Work Experience
Intake Associate (Current Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
My experience was very unprofessional. I've encountered a lot of unprofessionalism amongst the company. There's team work and they really don't want school or anything interfering with work. It seems like favoritism is going on, but overall it's an okay place to work.
Sedgwick
Leave of absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2015
From my experience working there, it is a laid back call center. They follow their policies and procedures. It is enjoyable due to the small office. No drama in the work place.
Pays great, growth availability, and benefits great, overall great place to work!
HR Liaison (Current Employee), Southfield, MINovember 11, 2015
Pros: Pay and growth
Cons: Workload can be heavy at times.
I have been with this company for almost 4 years. This job was my first desk job and it turned out to be not bad at all. The people here are very friendly, there are multiple areas to promote growth, a wide range of jobs, pays great, and benefits are great. The commute to my job is a little longer than needed, but worth it. Overall I think Sedgwick is a great company to work at!
Great company. One company, one team is their motto.
DISABILITY SPECIALIST II (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 23, 2015
A lot of vacation time. Room for advancement. Good pay and benefits. Flexibility. Great place to work and learning experience.
Work Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHOctober 17, 2015
A typical day was receiving incoming calls and setting up disability/FMLA claims for clients. I learned how to multi-task, type emails, maintain a good quality assurance grade with call flow. Management was very mirco-managed. My colleagues were helpful in a lot ways.
fun place to work
claims intake specialist (Former Employee), charlotte ncSeptember 20, 2015
fun place to work. Great training program. Great Management. Great Benefits from day 1 of work. Company valued its employees.
n/a
scr (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 8, 2015
The company is a wonderful company to work for, great people, great management, and great benefits. The job can be frustrating at times but what job can't be.
The hardest part of the job
Human Resources Support Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Company perks
Cons: Constant lay-offs
The hardest part of my job was managing route drivers to pickup daily freight. I was difficult at times when I was the only contact the drivers had with management and being the on-site HR rep as well.
Tough Work, But Fair Benefits
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, and vacation time
Cons: Stressful Work
The work is stressful and you will get frazzled from time to time. However, the employer understands that aspect of the job and makes up for it as much as possible. Good pay and good benefits is pretty swell. They also give out a very healthy amount of paid time off with you can use for extra vacation if you don't use much of it for sick days. The fellow employees and even the superiors are great to work with.
Great for learning the ropes
General Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2015
It's a bit of a high pressure environment because it's performance driven. Paperless. Technologically forward. Interesting place dependent on what you are looking for in a company. Great amount of PTO.
Rollar Coster Ride
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Hilliard OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Holiday Schedule
Cons: Everything else
Increases anxiety levels by 99%, sleep decreases at least by 50%, and your home life is no longer yours. Be prepared for no training, 12-14 hour days, and repetition.
Productive and stress free environment
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: own space and stress free environment.
Cons: i loved everything about the company
A typical work day would be managing and making decisions on FMLA claims depending on the employees eligibility. I was the assigned case manager for about 280 claimants, in this current position I learned how to prioritize my work by the timeliness and the importance of the task. I learned how to multitask taking in bound calls regarding disability and still working on just FMLA based claims. My co-workers we're amazing people to work with always helpful and that's what I enjoyed most, i felt that i always had a good support team if ever i had questions. I would hardest part of the job would be the consist process changes due to the clients specific needs however, I always adapt to the new changes and insuring I am going above and beyond the customer service expectations.
Challenging and Structured.
Claims Representative IAP (Former Employee), Orange, CAJuly 23, 2015
This company has extensive and reliable resources for employees. Growth is highly encourages. This company has an extensive history of set business practices essential for business function.
It's a job
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits, lots of PTO, largely autonomous
Cons: The client, the callers, certain co-workers, the stress
When I started, I was incredibly happy to be doing what I was doing. But as my tenure stretched on, the client and many of my co-workers began to make more demands on my time, many of which were very difficult to complete in a timely fashion.

I was also originally promised I would not need to tend to the phones very often, but after only six months, it became clear that I was supposed to be backup for the receptionist.

After two and a half years, I opted to switch to a different team in an office much closer to my home in the hopes of saving money on gas and tolls, as well as a great deal of time on the commute. What I found was a team environment even more stressful than the one I had left, with callers who were even more venomous than what I had been dealing with previously. I came very near to quitting without notice purely to preserve my sanity, bursting into tears as soon as I got home most days, when I heard my old job had opened back up in the office I had transferred from. So now I am back where I started a little over four years ago.

The workload has steadily increased to the point where often it is impossible for me to actually take a proper lunch break without falling behind and there are a few key individuals who have an air about them that suggests they would like nothing more than to destroy me and see me fired purely because they don't get the special treatment they think they deserve and end up getting reported on.

Perhaps it's just my personality that clashes with this job, but I don't think the level of pay is commensurate to the level of stress – more... I deal with on a daily basis. The benefits are alright, lots of PTO, but trying to schedule it around the other six people I have to coordinate with can be a bit of a nightmare, especially since the company took away our 5 roll-over days, meaning any unused PTO burns at the end of the year.

It is a daily grind, highly repetitive, easy to make mistakes though it's often easy to correct said mistakes, and lacks fulfillment in almost every regard. It's also very easy for co-workers, management, and even the client to blame me and the others who share my title for problems that are in fact not our doing. I come to work every day in a constant, highly subdued fear that I could be fired at any time for some technicality that wasn't even my fault to begin with. – less
No work life balance
Claims Examiner- Bodily Injury (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: work- no training
If you work on the Home Depot account they believe in micro-management. You are expected to complete all your work and sometimes that means working on the weekend with no additional compensation. The SCU unit is the worst one to work under.
good company to work for
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Sedgwick is a good company to work for everyone is nice and you get every paid holiday off with a the day before being a half day.
Great Company!
Service Care Representative (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great Place and People!
Cons: None
Great place to work for! Love this job! Great life,work balance.Fair company,great pay and team building and management!
Fun work environment but overworked staff
Telephonic Nurse Case Manger (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OHMay 24, 2015
There are many benefits to working at Sedgwick and lots of educational meetings and in-services with food provided. The people are all very nice and helpful; however, there is a lot of staff turnover causing a lot of shifting and changing of work flow. There is a general sense of being overworked and a less than smooth transition with the changes in workflow.