Sedgwick

Sedgwick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent company to work at with great benefits
IT Disability Coordinator Sr (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits, lots of pto time
Cons: depending on position, it can be stressful and demanding.
In my 12 years at Sedgwick I've had no issues with the company. I've enjoyed every position I've held and I was very fortunate to be part of teams that really appreciated me as a colleague and the hard work that I've contributed to the success of the company. All the managers that I had worked under were very cool. I've never had any issues or problems with any of them.

I've learned a lot about how the insurance industry works. I began in the distribution center 12 years ago and moved up the ranks to the Quality Assurance and Reporting dept to the IT dept working as an IT Disability Coor. Sr. Most of the time with the company I've been in supportive and administrative roles. I was never in the Claims side of the insurance industry and those colleagues might have a different perspective of the industry, but from my experiences, I've enjoyed it.

This company offers great benefits and depending on your years of service, you get a lot of time off, which is very nice.

All and all, I have enjoyed my 12 years at Sedgwick.
Fun company to work for with excellent benefits
IT Project Management Advisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and pto
Cons: tough career path
A typical day consists of back to back conference calls and face-to-face meetings in efforts to meet the needs of our clients. Great colleagues! Hardest part of my job is meeting client defined target dates. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with extremely brilliant team members who work very hard.
A great family away from home
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Great work environment, great benefits, excellent team work job culture. Office politics can be challenging if you're new to an office environment.
Great place
Claims and Management (Former Employee), Orlando FLJanuary 7, 2015
Loved Sedgwick, Great place to work, Great benefits. Team Leads and Manager along with the company policy made it an awesome place to work. I learned a great deal working for Sedgwick, I learned in depth of the claims.
Managment
Word Processing Operator/Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: managment became difficult
I worked revising , inputting documents for litigation attorneys. Relief secretary, relief receptionist and general office duties, fax, copy mail.
Review of medical information and claim process
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee), North Liberty, IADecember 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the pace
Cons: system crashes
process claim sent out correspondence, phone calls review medical certifications from MD and approve or deny leave of asence and help other co workers do claim processing. calling a client to tell them the leave was denied. The ability to approve a leave of absence
Good Company with good benefits
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 23, 2014
Sedgwick is a good company to work for overall. The PTO and medical coverage is very good and the tuition reimbursement is a very big perk. I have learned a lot working in this company with some very good people.
Claims examiner
Claims Trainee (Current Employee), Orange, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: great office morale
It all depends on the client and account you work under. I have had a great experience with my client.

As a claims examiner my typical work day has been busy and challenging in a good way.

I am always learning no day is the same.

I handle indemnity claims, reserves, client and claimant contact and mainly strategies closure of the claim.
great work place
Supervisor, Isaiah Matthews (Former Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: accommodating their employees
Cons: busy
Great workplace 5 star great diversity and accommodating their employees on work hours
Great People
SERVICE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2014
Great co-workers, and position was very easy. However when it becomes slow, you are forced to cut down your hours to part time hours even when you were hired as full time
Good company to start a career with.
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work/ life balance
Cons: low paying company
Great hours
I learned state laws and how benefits work
Management is ok, pay raises are very low.
The hardest part of the job is time management.
worst job I have ever had
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2014
not organized with multiple changes in management and turn over on a weekly basis.
Great Company overall
Administrative Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 11, 2014
The Company is great to work for!! Providing quality Customer Service is highly important..I would recommend this company..
Was a great place to work however job/work balance has become unbearable
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no work-life balance
Historically an excellent work place however management has change and communications has become poor
LOAC
LOA Coordinator (Current Employee), Coralville, IASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: vacation
Cons: understaffed
Assist the Call Center with overflow calls, review new cases and send appropriate packets, process medical certifications and send appropriate approvals/denials. Follow up calls with the employees.
There is room for improvement
Claims (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OhioAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare, limited opportunities, management
Work environment could use improvement on motivating employees.
Management does not motivate employees, changes need to be made too many ethical issues. Company culture need adjusting. The hardest part of the job is finding advancing positions within this location. The company does have flexile work hours.
Great Company
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioAugust 12, 2014
I cannot complain about Sedgwick. I have been here for nearly 10 years and love it. However, I would like to get into managment with a company that I can continue to grow with while being able to be in the Dayton area to assist with ailing family members.
Very nice company to work for
Medical Bill Review (Former Employee), Dublin OhioAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hours of working were flexible
Cons: worked on a quota
The company was very easy to work for. Not a hostile environment coworkers were awesome people
Great pay, short stay
A third party claims administrator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 22, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: managers not so great
Great company until they decide to down size. I worked very hard, even weekends to keep up with the assignments. Terminated do to lack of work.
About Average
Supervisor (Current Employee), TexasJune 18, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: pay/benefits/case count
Good work/life balance. Able to maintain a reasonable caseload on a dedicated client. Non-dedicated desks can easily exceed case loads above 175 and even up to 200.

Compensation is not on par with the industry at most pay grades.

Benefits are on par with most other companies. However, the company is getting cheaper with 401K. They have reduced the total allowable payroll percentage and the 401K company match is only at 66.6%.

1 2 3 4