Sedgwick

Sedgwick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work with perks!
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 14, 2015
I work with Lockheed Martin Employees on a daily basis open leaves and short term disability claims. I discuss approval and denials and work with Examiners to make sure the leave process runs smoothly. I educate employees about FMLA and what to expect throughout the process.
Couldn't overcome the boredom...
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Treated to free lunches on occassion, people
Cons: Lack of work, low compensation
In general, I can't say Sedgwick was a bad place to work. I was just very under-stimulated and bored most of the time. I was able to read a 300-page book in less than three days...

I was a part of new team and in the beginning we were VERY busy, but once we got caught up I had almost nothing to do as an assistant. I would finish my work before 11am most days and just wait for things to come my way until the end of the day. That's not to say other assistants had the same lack of work. It was different for each of us depending on what client our teams worked with.

I loved all of my teammates and our supervisor was nice, but very soft spoken. The people at this place were great, but I needed more to do.
Great Company..Depending on Your Supervisor, Client, Office Location, and Region
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learning Opportunities, Free Licensing, Great Benefits, Decent pay.
Cons: High Demands, Clients promised the world, can't always be delieverd, Poor management.
I worked at Sedgwick for a little over a year. First the good...

I think the company itself is not too bad. The pay is decent and the benefits are pretty good. The supplemental benefits that I had when I worked there were nice and really came in handy. The vision insurance and prescription insurance is great. I think the company has a future and really does care what the employees think. The opportunity to earn your license(s) without any out of pocket cost, the opportunity to earn credits to keep your license active, and the speakers/free food to learn from are great. I believe Sedgwick really does care.

Now the bad...

I believe that depending on the region of the country your assigned to, the supervisor you have, and the client load you get can really make or break your experience. I worked with some fantastic co-workers, often we felt as if we were drowning as a team. The training, unless you are able to go to TN is rocky. It is very dependent upon the supervisor who can do a great job training you or a bad job. I had the later. I believe that if your client load is not well balanced, it can make life miserable. Not all positions are exempt, meaning that you are expected to move mountains and do 50 hours+ of work in 37.5.
Great PTO and Benefits Package
Service Center Lead (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Casual environment, excellent PTO package, reasonable health package premiums, employee discounts
Cons: internal communication, internal promotion process, aging technology, distance from home
I have been with Sedgwick for 8 years this June. I have always loved the company and am sad that the client I am dedicated to has canceled their contract with Sedgwick. I am proactively seeking a new 'home'. I take pride in my drive, dedication, determination, and devotion to my work. Altough I am nervous,I look forward to a new chapter in my career with a new company.
productive and fun
claim assistant (Current Employee), New Albany, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good hour's available private counciliing
Cons: low pay
a very good place to work.Close to home. Advancement opportunities. Direct Deposit. Co-worker's are very helpful and reliable
Decent company to work at with great benefits
IT Disability Coordinator Sr (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits, lots of pto time
Cons: depending on position, it can be stressful and demanding.
In my 12 years at Sedgwick I've had no issues with the company. I've enjoyed every position I've held and I was very fortunate to be part of teams that really appreciated me as a colleague and the hard work that I've contributed to the success of the company. All the managers that I had worked under were very cool. I've never had any issues or problems with any of them.

I've learned a lot about how the insurance industry works. I began in the distribution center 12 years ago and moved up the ranks to the Quality Assurance and Reporting dept to the IT dept working as an IT Disability Coor. Sr. Most of the time with the company I've been in supportive and administrative roles. I was never in the Claims side of the insurance industry and those colleagues might have a different perspective of the industry, but from my experiences, I've enjoyed it.

This company offers great benefits and depending on your years of service, you get a lot of time off, which is very nice.

All and all, I have enjoyed my 12 years at Sedgwick.
Fun company to work for with excellent benefits
IT Project Management Advisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and pto
Cons: tough career path
A typical day consists of back to back conference calls and face-to-face meetings in efforts to meet the needs of our clients. Great colleagues! Hardest part of my job is meeting client defined target dates. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with extremely brilliant team members who work very hard.
A great family away from home
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Great work environment, great benefits, excellent team work job culture. Office politics can be challenging if you're new to an office environment.
Great place
Claims and Management (Former Employee), Orlando FLJanuary 7, 2015
Loved Sedgwick, Great place to work, Great benefits. Team Leads and Manager along with the company policy made it an awesome place to work. I learned a great deal working for Sedgwick, I learned in depth of the claims.
Managment
Word Processing Operator/Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: managment became difficult
I worked revising , inputting documents for litigation attorneys. Relief secretary, relief receptionist and general office duties, fax, copy mail.
Review of medical information and claim process
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee), North Liberty, IADecember 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the pace
Cons: system crashes
process claim sent out correspondence, phone calls review medical certifications from MD and approve or deny leave of asence and help other co workers do claim processing. calling a client to tell them the leave was denied. The ability to approve a leave of absence
Good Company with good benefits
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 23, 2014
Sedgwick is a good company to work for overall. The PTO and medical coverage is very good and the tuition reimbursement is a very big perk. I have learned a lot working in this company with some very good people.
Claims examiner
Claims Trainee (Current Employee), Orange, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: great office morale
It all depends on the client and account you work under. I have had a great experience with my client.

As a claims examiner my typical work day has been busy and challenging in a good way.

I am always learning no day is the same.

I handle indemnity claims, reserves, client and claimant contact and mainly strategies closure of the claim.
great work place
Supervisor, Isaiah Matthews (Former Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: accommodating their employees
Cons: busy
Great workplace 5 star great diversity and accommodating their employees on work hours
Great People
SERVICE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2014
Great co-workers, and position was very easy. However when it becomes slow, you are forced to cut down your hours to part time hours even when you were hired as full time
Good company to start a career with.
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work/ life balance
Cons: low paying company
Great hours
I learned state laws and how benefits work
Management is ok, pay raises are very low.
The hardest part of the job is time management.
worst job I have ever had
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2014
not organized with multiple changes in management and turn over on a weekly basis.
Great Company overall
Administrative Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 11, 2014
The Company is great to work for!! Providing quality Customer Service is highly important..I would recommend this company..
Was a great place to work however job/work balance has become unbearable
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no work-life balance
Historically an excellent work place however management has change and communications has become poor
LOAC
LOA Coordinator (Current Employee), Coralville, IASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: vacation
Cons: understaffed
Assist the Call Center with overflow calls, review new cases and send appropriate packets, process medical certifications and send appropriate approvals/denials. Follow up calls with the employees.

1 2 3 4