Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Management does not care about Employees
CSV Agent (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH16 March 2017
My time at Sedgwick is filled with mix emotions. A typical day at work is constant calls from customers demanding to speak with their adjusters. Adjusters ignoring customers and call center agents. Hardest part of the job, dealing with irate customers and adjusters ignoring the calls. Management talks about employees to other employees and spread lies. The most enjoyable part of the job, I can't think of any.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
hours and management
Insurance Claims were anyone can work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL6 March 2017
A great company with wonderful benefits, anybody can work there. They will teach you how to process claims and how to manage the accounts. Most difficult part of my job was learning something completely different, the most enjoyable part was also learning something completely different as it challenges your mind. The workplace culture will take you back to high school. There is always a lot to do at work and no time to rest once the job begins so organization is the key.
benefits
Cons
sitting in a cubical all day
Be prepared to do Overtime weekly for free
Avis Budget Group (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA10 March 2017
Sedgwick took over the claims for the company I worked for. The are a TPA so they will work you to death then spit you out once they are up and running with the new account they acquired. All levels of management will tell you they want your feedback for improvements but will never respond to an email. Levels of upper management will come for visits to the office and won't even say hello to you or anyone. They sit in their office and sometimes are overheard talking bad about the client we worked for! They forget to realize none of us would have a job without that client.
Pros
Good benefits and pay and incentives
Cons
Required Over Time on a regular basis without paying for the OT.
Part time CSR
Part Time Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI23 February 2017
A very stressful job! Training is all hands on training. Trainers are overwhelmed and do not have time to train properly. Sedgwick could be a great place to work if, the company would take the time to properly train new hires. There is a Large turn over due to the lack of trainers having training time. This job is a lot of figuring it out training. On days one given a 500 page binder to review with company slides and on day two on phones trying to answer questions and review training materials. My recommendation, is to keep looking.
Pros
Working 2 1/2 days per week.
Cons
Just about everything, training is horrible, can't talk to co-workers, glued to seat, all movement from desk monitored
Can Not Have A Family
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OH20 February 2017
This is not the job for you if you have kids or a outside life period. They do not accept doctors excuse or give you enough time for scheduled appointments. Everything is micro managed by Workforce Management and its super annoying because they just don't care. The only hours they hire for is 11 am- 8pm starting out and can't change that for 3-4 months. Also you can schedule pto 3 weeks before hand and they still won't approve it or deny it the day after with no reason.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Terrible time
Learned a lot but horrible work/life balance, opportunities for advancement and questionable ethics
Claim Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC21 February 2017
Caseloads were too high and lack of support from management with an obvious goal of gaining business but not having the employees to properly address the claims loads and the level of customer service required. Questionable ethics - very uncomfortable in information relayed to clients in gaining new business. If you are good at what you do you are pigeonholed.
Pros
Learn a lot, variety of clients/claims
Cons
Horrible workloads and work/life balance, lack of support from management, average compensation
fast paced, always evolving workplace.
Customer Service Represtative (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WI15 February 2017
CSR just take incoming calls advising on a status of claims or filing new claims for short-term disability and workers compensation. Sedgewick gives a generous package for time off. All calls are monitored and scored which will have to maintain high standards to keep employment. Training provided is very good to get you started. continued training is done by video's or research when you have available time between calls.
Pros
lots of vacation time
Cons
nepotism, low compassion for their own employee's
Benefits from Working from Home
Service Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Work from home1 February 2017
My typical day at work consists of mentoring and teaching customer service to hundreds of our clients. I have been with the company for approximately 15years and I have seen many changes as well as growth. I have learned change is not always welcomed but it is good. The hardest part of the job is retention. Many people don't take working from home serious but Sedgwick treats it the same as working in a brick and mortar environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people on different levels of the position.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Accessibility
For the particular client working for management is an issue
Litgation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Independence, oho17 February 2017
There is a lack of proper training and no clear set of expectations and a lack of consistent communication - this is a TPA who allows the client to control our actions - this is the only place where negatives actually roll uphill. There are a number of positives but the cons are currently outweighing the pros.
Pros
able to maintain a good work/life balance
Cons
no consistency/salary
Claim supervisor
Assistant Claim Manager/Claim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA19 January 2017
Upper management focus solely on the numbers but fails to see what is behind the numbers. They do not recognize the challenges the claim examiner have or are just unwilling to resolve the issues. They would rather same profit than hire one additional person to assist in workload management and over promise customers at the expense of the claim examiners for profit.

I would not recommend Sedgwick for employment.
Pros
A job
Cons
Management and wirkload
Total bore... and terrible management
Disability Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN10 March 2017
There was no engagement while I was employed here. The managers all have private offices and usually have their doors closed. There was no training except "on the job" which in itself was awful, as management rarely answered my questions and weren't proactively involved in setting their employees up for success.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
Poor management. No engagement.
Unethical
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH13 February 2017
No room for growth or opportunity in this company. It's who you know, not what you know. Unprofessional behavior, leads and managers are incapable of separating business from personal. Anything discussed in confidence with a lead or manager becomes public knowledge. Unfair treatment of temporary employees, hard working employees are not valued. Overall, not a very good place to work
Pros
Very task oriented and able to prioritize my duties in an effective way.
PD Liability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA5 January 2017
We are dealing with a high volume of claims since we are currently short staffed. However, my customer service skills are second to none. I have dealt with all types of situations and deescalated complaint calls.
I have been working in the claims industry for over twenty one years and have received excellent annual reviews.
I like helping others, resolving issues/problems and am empathetic to people's situations.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Would like to try something else.
Started great, but the draconian changes hurt more than helped
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH13 March 2017
People that have never worked claims shouldn't be able to make enormous changes in a claims department. Before those, it was a truly great place to work. The changes made essentially punished those of us who had been doing a good job by doubling our work load in an instant. Additionally, making many parts of the job repetitive due to those that had been doing a poor job.
The company is great. They handle claims for an incredible number of clients. But the people that came in to clean up the area for this client were a bridge too far. If I could find a job in another area for a different client, I would jump there and stick with Sedgwick in a heart beat.
Pros
37.5 hour workweek, job security, good benefits
Cons
Major changes w/ no consultation on those whom it effects
High turn over rate.
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI29 December 2016
The customer service department has a high turn overrate due to management subject subordinates to constant harassment. New hires receive minimal training and overwhelming responsibility. Representatives are ridiculed and scrutinized by their break and lunch time. Representatives are penalied by flawed call out procedure. Management does not make themselves available to resolve clarify policy issues or resolve uncertain matters.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training.
TPA Dedicated Claim Office
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJ13 February 2017
Sedgwick is a TPA, I worked in a dedicated office for the Walmart account. Walmart did not renew and our office was closed. I worked in the settlement unit. Our job was to settle as many cases that we can on full Section 32 agreements. Typical day included:
1. Going thru Morning e-mails and returning calls
2. Process outstanding awards. Do EDI filing.
3. Go thru diary, Renewing repetitive payments and priorities first
4. Work on new mail. Approve bills if appropriate
5.Order MSA when appropriate
6. Review new MSA received, is it in order? If not what is the cost drivers and work to try to reduce them. if posssible. If MSA is in order compute settlement value and request authorization,
7. Complete ant non urgent diary for that day.
Pros
Making an impact to Client's bottom line
Cons
Working at a dedicated TPA office, if Client leaves job over.
Growing Company
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 December 2016
Sedgwick is a company that continues to grow each year as it gains new clients and through acquisitions. A typical day at work includes assisting claimants and medical professionals with submitting information to resolve claims. There are also trainings and meetings to provide feedback to examiners and give them tools on how to effectively manage their case loads.
Pros
Diverse work environment, group activities/lunches, frequent training
Cons
There is no Work/Life balance, Compensation
Intense environment with tight deadlines
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA23 January 2017
Work at this company can be stressful with unrealistic production goals. The work is entirely sedentary, staring into monitors or on the phone all day.
Pros
Flexibility in daily schedule. Benefits.
Cons
If you dare leave for an extended amount of time your workload will be overwhelming when you return.
Being able to assist the caller on first call bases
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH16 December 2016
I worked at home with my typical day answering calls taking claims for various clients answering questions about existing claims transferring calls to claims adjusters or the claims examiners for more details about their claim status.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks on the clock / 30 minute lunch
Cons
No co workers arounds
It's a job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN13 March 2017
They are the leading TPA in the industry, largely in part to acquisitions. The company is large enough to be stable and provide a steady pay check. Work-life balance could be better.
Pros
Steady pay check, advancement for the right "type" of person
Cons
Work-life balance, leadership, advancement for the right "type" of person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9