Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2016
Management understand the challenges, so they push you but they help you if you need, great experience working here.

They understand that the business is complex so even when you get stuck you can just ask for help and everybody will be willing and happy to help, after all I guess we all get caught on that situation once on a while
Pros
work from home in bad weather days, flexible PTO, friendly environment
Cons
They don't have a swimming pool
A stable, steady place to work
LTD Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a good company to work for if you can keep up with it. The pace and turn-around can be high at first but those who stick it out learn a lot about the industry and managing their workflow. There's a lot of good people here who have learned a lot about the Industry, and the company likes to retain talent and re-purpose it whenever able.
Pros
Good work-life balance w/ benefits
Cons
Will move jobs to other less costly locations
Supervisors/Managers have no knowledge of Jurisdictions they are responsible for.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2016
It is the policy of this company that Managers/Supervisor are not required to have any knowledge of States that they supervise. This causes for a lot of questions and bad information in files. The Supervisor/Manager are not able to train adjusters or even review files due to their limited knowledge.

HR is clueless
Pros
Cons
supervisor/manager will never back up the adjuster
Fast past fun work place where you do your work and have fun at the same time
Liability Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Claims are assigned in the morning. All contacts must be made same day and files updated. Diaries, email and mail must also be handled the same day they are assigned. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the time spent on each task. I really enjoyed that there was never a down moment, loved being busy all the time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
not enough people to handle the claims load
Well, they're trying, I guess...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHApril 25, 2016
I've held two different positions in this company. The benefits are the biggest draw, though the pay is better than a lot of jobs in the area. It's still barely, barely livable for me. I miss the overtime my old department had; I actually made more then, but had to work weekend and holidays. Now, I have those off, guaranteed, and am occasionally able to freelance in costuming for theatres, which is where my training really is. I'm also really lucky in that I live practically around the corner from my office, to where I can go home on my lunch hour.
Pros
health care, time off, schedule, location
Cons
pay
Thanks Sedgwick :)
SCR, SCR II, Disability Rep and Disability Rep II (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 11, 2016
Sedgwick is a fantastic place to work!!! I would gladly work for Sedgwick again because they have the best overall vision hands down!
People don't always live by the golden rule or work according to the core values. That is life. It is up to every individual colleague to be their own success because the opportunity is there.
I had to take a personal journey to become that type of individual again and I can now be a better asset to the next opportunity.
THANKS SEDGWICK!
Pros
Fairness, benefits, recognition
Cons
Humans aren't perfect, petty and negative, makes uncomfortable work environment
Challenging Position with a great team, great place to work
Claims Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 9, 2016
Working with international clients is very challenging but within our department we had a great team that worked together to achieve our monthly goals. Sedgwick is a great company to work for unfortunately our department was closed as of April.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deptpartment closed
You will be overworked and totally unappreciated
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2016
Use this company as a last resort. They expect you to do the work of 2 people and will performance manage you out if you don't work yourself to death trying to keep up. They are not interested in hearing your concerns. They give the client what they want no matter how it affects the employees. Management sucks and they will throw you under the bus before accepting responsibility for any problems caused by the overload of work. Management cannot be trusted.
Pros
Employees are great to work with, lots of PTO, it will provide you with a paycheck
Cons
Employees are unappreciated. Management sucks. Too much work to feel successful.
Fast-paced, casual work setting.
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 9, 2016
Sedgwick is a casual company with great opportunities for advancement. Vast amount of knowledge taught in order to perform duties to the best of your ability. Very bubbly and entertaning environment with great open-door policy. Never a dull moment. Critical thinking required!
Claim Assistant STD/LTD/WC/FMLA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Case load of 20-50 employee cases to start process.
Learned the different policies and procedures with handling fmla with different companies.
I had a great team of co workers,
we always had contest during the week to promote team building
Pros
Cons
I was a contractor
Productive and fun place to work.
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 7, 2016
Sedgwick is a very advanced place to work. You are quickly taught everything. Training is fun and easy. I learned a lot about FMLA leave and various other types of leave.
Pros
Health care benefits and discounts at a lot of places
Cons
Your position isn't always secured
Great environment
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
Huge company with a high volume of claims. Great atmosphere with awards ceremonies and in house training. Great AVP with a charismatic personality and a hands on approach will all employees. No favoritism shown.
Pros
Great location, compensation for meals
Cons
penalty school
Sedgwick CMS
Reconsideration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a great company. They offer great opportunities to grow with the company, such as a class for those interested in Leadership. The company strives to be the best and to help you be the best you can be, They also have fund raisers all year long to raise money for the community with food banks, children and senior citizens.

The managers and supervisors communicated with us on a daily basis to learn and assist us with ways that would help us process our bills in an efficient and timely manner. Processes changed often until we came to resolution on how to make changes to the systems we were using to make things go smoothly.

All departments worked separately but at the same time worked as team. Co-workers assisted each other to make sure things were processed correctly. That's just a small portion of what made Sedgwick a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, time off, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not departments allowed us to work from home.
Relaxed Work environment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 9, 2016
Very laid back. The team lead i had was great. I liked the recognition meetings every quarter. They gave you something to look forward to. Great PTO. Good people for the most part. I learned a lot about claims management, leave of absences and disability claims.
Pros
good overtime opportunities
Cons
attendance policy
Lack of communication
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2016
The lack of communication and follow through from management creates a stressful environment from something that could be easily avoided. There are good people who work here but they are over shadowed by the manager favorites. Management has constant ideas and meetings about issues that will be done or are going to be implemented but are never heard of again. Under different management there would be more success in the finance department.
Pros
Good people, good benefits, fun office
Cons
Management, lack of any training or communication.
Ok
Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 31, 2016
The position is a phone position answering incoming calls. The hardest part of the job is the matrix. There was to many managers as everyone is looking to supervise. Many would agree that as there were changes there was not sufficient trainings available unfortunately.
Cons
It was a good place to work
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
The management in the Houston office was not as good as in Boise but they did their best to help us deal with a very difficult customer. You had to work a lot of hours to keep up with all of the customer demands in this office.
A fun and productive work environment
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 14, 2016
On a typical day I handle commercial general liability claims for Sears and Kmart. I learned a lot about liability, personal injury and product liability laws. As well as the multitude of things that could happen in a Sears or Kmart store. My co workers were a team of very intelligent claims examiners, paralegals and attorneys that I had a blast working with. The hardest part of my job was determining a fair settlement amount because there is no set amount for a broken arm or leg, and the most enjoyable part was the excitement of not knowing which case I would get next.
Pros
Full Benefits, Perks, Licensing etc.
Cons
Relocation
Great Company
Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 15, 2016
This company is a fun company to work for. It promotes excellent work/life balance and allows the employees to give back to the community through different volunteer services.
Pros
Work/life balance, Gyms, onsite Medical Care
great Company to work for
RTW/Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Although Sedgwick is a great Company the stress level high and the demands for high work volume cause more stress and at times interfere with homelife
Pros
Compensation good
Cons
stress too high

2.9