Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for career advancement
Sr. Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 January 2018
I worked at Sedgwick for 31 years. I was provided opportunities to advance the entire time I was employed there. I was given training to move into other departments and they paid for my license and renewals.
Pros
Great beneifts
Good workplace, work/life balance and time off
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX15 January 2018
Will make you work with tight deadlines but allows for work life balance. OT is planned but not all the time. Company does pay lower than other companies but has good record and time off policies.
Overworked under paid
Disability Representative Sr. (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN14 January 2018
salary people work for free more work then time and they will not pay what your expected to work very stressful. no worklife balance only promote friend
Pros
pto
Positive Place to Work
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN12 January 2018
Sedgwick CMS takes care of its customers and employees. With great benefits such as a 401k, paid time off, dental/vision/and health, as well as perks of working for Sedgwick such as company discounts make Sedgwick CMS a great place to work.
Great Pay and Benefits
Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 3818712 January 2018
I enjoyed my time with this company. They offered great pay and benefits. I also was able to work from home, so that was a huge benefit. The hours are long, but worth it.
Service Center Rep
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN11 January 2018
OK if you are really in need of a job. Just a middle man position between the client's employees and the Examiners that make the claim determinations. Fun to learn the claims business and all of the lingo
Pros
Sometimes a fun enviornment
Cons
Stressful, micromanagment
Typical insurance office
Work Comp Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC9 January 2018
The company was your typical insurance company. The management did not show empathy toward its employees in times of need. The claims count was average.
Sedgwick was a good place to start
Claims Examiner-California Workers Compensation (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA8 January 2018
Sedgwick has a decent trainee program but other adjusters are trying to keep their work under control so you may struggle a bit and drown as people can’t always help you. During my two year period, I saw over 10 adjusters leave the office which gave me a negative impression. I started to think, “is this what I went to college for?” As always, the job is only as good as your management cause a claims job is virtually the same everywhere you go. I was in the office during a huge transition in management. I have heard things have changed quite a bit.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
numerous changes in management
Could be better
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI7 January 2018
The people in management and top positions in the Southfield office are all friends. It makes escalating problems difficult because of the cliquines of upper management. Upper management is constantly taking employee's away from their desks to attend meetings in an attempt to boost company morale. All this does is add more stress to employees who are given daily deadlines and expected to do a certain volume of work. During a typical day I do my job and other people's job's because they aren't competent enough to do it. The interview process needs to be improved to identify people's lack of technological and analytical skills. If you join a committee be prepared to be busy. If you do your research throughout the industry, you will find that Sedgwick underpays their employees. Senior positions make only a slight bit more than those at a representative level. For an example see Blue Cross Blue Shield's salaries for their senior employees.

The positives are:

Solid PTO (however, if you wake up sick and call in you will get an occurrence. Too many of those and it will negatively affect your merit increase. So try to stay healthy. You will also fall behind in your workload if your team lead/management isn't good at their job. 50/50 chance at this place)

Health benefits (vision and dental are great. The health insurance is not good at all)
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Bad leadership
Immediate benefits, ample PTO , but busy call center - with monthly call time goals
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OH7 January 2018
Work is fast pace at beginning of the week.
After training, online references are used for questions
The hardest part of the job is the adherence to call and after call time
The enjoyable part of the job is helping Associates file claims to protect their jobs
Pros
ample PTO time and immediate health benefits
Cons
breaks/lunches inconsistent
Very Serious management and difficult position options
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IA6 January 2018
No career opportunity in fields that I liked. All doors are hard to open to climb corp ladder.
Some of the people are wonderful. Most are difficult and hard to understand.
Job Culture is difficult and all about the customer needs and desires. This makes sense to a point.
good place to start your career
Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX4 January 2018
From my experience great place to work, however, being a third party administrator can make the job frustrating. Reason for the frustration is a lack of leadership from Sedgwick and the third party company paired with my department.
Work hard
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI2 January 2018
This may be a place to work if you like fast pace.
You have to have that production mind set. The trainning could be a little more hands on. With live customers.
Wonderful Employer
Claims Representative-Property (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GA2 January 2018
Manageable workload, supportive management staff, decent pay and benefits. I hated that the client pulled their account from the TPA. I really enjoyed working for Sedgwick.
Pros
Nice moral
Cons
TPA therefore accounts end and you have to find work.
Great place to work with great air conditioner
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH31 December 2017
This is a wonderful place to work the space, people, all great.

They provided a really good training class which you got paid for.

What i love was the bonuses every month of the up sells that we did brought home almost a extra 250 every month
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, places ti eat is far
laid back place to work
RTW Specialist (Current Employee) –  blue ask ohio31 December 2017
I do computer work all day and make outbound calls to dr. offices and Kroger stores to gather information on injured workers, the goal is to get them helathy and back to work, with some claims I have to follow them until the worker is back to full duty, but most times I am keeping up with the most recent office visit, to keep the store updated on their progress until they are able to return to work , sometimes under restriction or modified duty
Pros
the pto
Cons
not a lot of opions to advance
Awful Company
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA29 December 2017
I worked at Sedgwick for two years in claims. I handled big name accounts however advancement was rare. I normally am not one to complain but this company overworks their employees and there is little room for advancement. If you want to work in the insurance industry, specifically claims/risk management, I suggest working for a carrier.
Pros
Opportunity to work with big name companies as clients
Cons
Virtually everything
Over worked under paid
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV29 December 2017
Good bridge job to take to get into the industry. Pay is strangely low for the position which is why they have high turn over rate. Great computer system to do the job.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Pay is low.
Good PTO, Poor IT Management
IT (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH26 December 2017
Very poor IT Management. Good PTO and typically relaxed atmosphere.

Poor communication from management, no career paths defined. Lack of vision and strategy communicated.
Easy work, Great Benefits
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH25 December 2017
Sedgwick is a third party administrator for many large companies in the world. In the department I'm assigned to we work with providing excellent customer service for one of our contracted partners.
It is a call center type environment for where I work and the benefits are great and the pay is good as well.
The staff and management are very friendly and easy to work with.
The PTO is fantastic even during your first year and scheduling time off isn't very hard (as long as the time is available).
My biggest gripes would be that (in my department at least) it is a 24 hour/7 day a week facility. It's never guaranteed that you will have a holiday off. Also that to switch your shift around seems like an uphill battle.There is an issue with a lack of management at times.
Supposedly if you worked one holiday you should have the next one off which is reasonable, however it's rare that actually happens.
So if you actually want to spend the holidays with your family you would need to try and request that time off in advance to guarantee the holiday off.
Regarding schedule, they hire new people all of the time but even after being told you can request a different shift it may be months before anything actually happens.
OF COURSE you may deal with some customers who are less than pleasant but that's to be expected with any customer service position! The job itself isn't bad. It is easy work.
Overtime can be mandatory but they are generous with it, in the sense that if there is time available anyone can volunteer for it.
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking
  more... for steady work with great benefits and opportunity for career advancement. The great thing about the company it is has many locations throughout the US and Canada so there is also a chance you can relocate if need be.  less
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly staff, Good pay, Pto
Cons
Scheduling, 24/7 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9