Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL16 November 2017
Be prepared to work more than 50 hours a week, at times close to 70 a week. Upper management makes poor decisions and then puts it on you as if it your issue. They do not listen to reason.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Great work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OH16 November 2017
Sedgwick offers great pay and relaxed work environment. They are informative and very friendly and active with employees. Activities and job advancement. A lot of career placement.
Managing Leave of Absense
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OH13 November 2017
Good place to work, friendly coworkers who are always willing to help. A typical day involves replying to emails, making/returning calls, reviewing medical documents, approving/denying claims due to Federal FMLA guidelines.
poor management
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA13 November 2017
Unrealistic expectations. Management is not involved in day to day conversations or assistance when needed. Did not obtain proper training once hired.
Professional, expertise, supportive, important work
Independent Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  mome office is in Orange County12 November 2017
Professionalism, deep knowleedge, quck response and commprehesive manageing of clients assignment'

Spend 6-8 hours a day at client's office practice, and/or Emergency Department. Engagements are positive, significant and very informative.

Pace is good, hours are good. Much time is spent after the employeeengagement to prepare the final report.
Pros
no negatives at this time
Cons
Independence, Assessments and time with client is positive
Typical office environment
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CA10 November 2017
Typical work day revolves around working around the strict times around the clock. Making calls to doctors offices and claimants and greeting guests or business clients are a typical day. The workplace culture is one of the best in terms of the overall friendly colleagues and managers.

During breaks one may venture off to the cafe for a drink or bite or even stop by the indoor/outdoors gym for a quick muscle pump. The company is inside a beautiful campus that has its own lake and turtles with tables all around the perimeter.
Pros
Pto, Holiday company dinners and events, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaging, low wages
competitive salary, benefits start day 1, rewarding work
Leave of Absence Representative (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WI8 November 2017
I love working at Sedgwick. The work we do is often stressful but very rewarding. This is the best company I've worked for by far! Health benefits and 401K match are available starting day 1. They offer a generous amount of PTO also.
Stressful depending on Management
Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IA2 November 2017
I had a terrible manager, not a positive person. Only provided negative feedback. Manager could not even say good morning or good night to her Team members. Sat in her office with the door closed very unapproachable. Manager was very intelligent but lacked people skills. Her only concern was to make her self look good and would react negatively if anyone would get in her way.

Loved my Team and the Client I supported.
Benefits
Cons
Reactive more than proactive
Great Place to Work
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 November 2017
Sedgwick CMS is a great place to work. I had a great team who worked very hard. The culture is business casual. I believe casual day is every Friday unless advised.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Advancement is short coming
Nice place to start
Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN1 November 2017
I worked at Sedgwick Claims Management Services full-time over a year.
Pros
The management team goes above and beyond their job duties. The managers are just outstanding. Above average contact center in pay, time off, benefits and job opportunities.
Cons
The traffic in the Orlando area is terrible which makes it difficult to get in and out of building. But, it is like that in all of Orlando.
Advice to Management
They are above and beyond the best management team I ever worked for.
Stressful work environment
Work Comp Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL1 November 2017
Co workers were fun and energetic however the day to day work grind on the adjuster desk was overwhelming. Clerical Staff was helpful however the claim counts are high.
Pros
Benefits and paid timeoff
Cons
Desk would not be covered when out of the office
Work from Home
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA31 October 2017
Expedite Worker’s Compensation, Leave of Absence, and General Liability claim application process; ensure correct case assignment; and customer liaison for assisting customer with resolving problems and answering questions.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Multiple program issues.
promotes work life balance but does not comply
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL31 October 2017
Sedgwick constantly promotes a work life balance however, they do not staff teams appropriately for individuals to be able to achieve an actual work life balance. Salaried Team Members work at least 10-12 hrs a day and do not get compensated for the time or recognized for their sacrifices. Many do not even take breaks or lunches to ensure they get their work done so they can leave within a 12 hour period.
Pros
great PTO time
Cons
too many to list
Great environment to work in.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL27 October 2017
Cared about employee needs. Lots of growth and opportunities and employees felt welcome. Supervisors was great and very understating and makesure the department was right on traget.
Pros
Great benefits
A good stepping stone career/work skill experience
Senior Disability Representative (Former Employee) –  Westhills, CA25 October 2017
Too much work and not enough hours in a day. I did learned a lot. Management depended on the manager u got. I had from the best to the worst. Workplace: you think no one sees you but u are being watched. The hardest part is the workload, the amount of work is too much and to make matters worst if u get a poor manager that nick picks at any little thing of how you plan your day is fustrating and stressful . On top of that the pay is not the best compare to the amount of work you do. The best thing is, benefits are cheap and you have the opportunity to work from home if you obtain your credit scores every well every month.

*I was fired because I documented that I made some calls when I never did. Because I couldn't call ppl at 8pm their time to complete my work. I should have stated why I didn't make the calls in my documentation, so I lied that I did make them. Too late now! Too screw u up even WORST they deny u unemploymenthink, so u left with no job and no unemployment.THANKS SEDGWICK!
Benefits
Cons
Salary the worst
work from home opportunity
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Iowa24 October 2017
the work itself is the problem. working on the phone is not for everyone, and its definitely not for me anymore. the burnout is real. if you love customer service and you love listening to people yell at you because their faxes didnt go through, this is the job for you.

there are some perks though, work from home, pay is decent, PTO is good as of hire date, benefits are ok. dental is better than anywhere else.
Pros
good dental, work from home, pto
Cons
stress, yelling, demanding customers, metrics
Poorly managed
Claim Examiner (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA23 October 2017
this company requires a lot of your time but does not give you anything in return. You are require to work a lot of hours, attend trial and mediation all over Louisiana, but take PTO if you have a dr appointment.
No room to grow
Return-to-Work Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA23 October 2017
Although there is a lot of room to grow, those opportunities usually go to friends of management (AVP).

Employees are encouraged to apply to jobs although those jobs have already been promised to others but by law, the jobs are to posted.
Organization is the key to keeping up on this job!
Leave of Absence (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL23 October 2017
Great Company...must be able to multitask at all times. Culture can be somewhat stressful at times. Not a bad company if you are willing to bring great organizational skills and can keep up with the extremely fast pace.
Inadequate training
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NM21 October 2017
I was hired and went to Memphis for two weeks of training. Most of the activities there were unnecessary and rather high schoolish. When I got to the office I felt completely lost. A young guy there had been mentored by the previous manager of the office and obviously that worked better. The manager seemed not to want to help and the person who was my assigned "mentor" just wanted to do her thing with her cases. Maybe it's better in other offices. I lasted less than a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9