Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL19 July 2017
This job will definitely get super stressful at times but there are so many team leads that are willing to help you with understand proper procedures and they put a lot into their training, which resulted in a better experience when I was on my own.
Very employee friendly, great place to work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH19 July 2017
Sedgwick is a great place to work. They are very employee friendly and supportive for career development. A great culture that lives up to its values.
Pros
very supportive
Cons
not true flex time
Service Center Associate (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 July 2017
Great benefits and vacation time. Supervisors helped a lot. Training was very detailed. There are chances to move up and promote within company. Work at home opportunities.
Fun place to work
Liability Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN14 July 2017
Management cares about you. Everyone was friendly. Lots of room to grow within the company. Learn something new every day. Good computer program and good training policy
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Testing for State licensing
review
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH12 July 2017
great job with good benefits and good paid time off. very heavy workload and a lot of projects that take away from your workday. good pay and the management team is okay,
Pros
paid time off
Cons
work life balance
Overall good company with ability for upward movement
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 July 2017
Sedgwick is overall a good company with great health benefits and an exceptional amount of PTO. If you are a motivated person you can quickly climb the corporate ladder. However, the reward for good work, is more work.
Good benefits & a nice work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 July 2017
Depending on your job duties things may vary however as customer service you would find Sedgwick is better than other call centers. The company offers good benefits including PTO which is made available early. As far as work load calls are consistent to frequent & with patience it's usually bearable. If you're looking for a decent full time job Sedgwick may be a good start.
Pros
On site cafe, Health Benefits
Cons
scheduling, inconsistent workload.
Hard to find anything positive about this place.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH2 July 2017
Sedgwick investigated and made determination on payments for general liability claims for The Kroger Company and their family of stores.

Honestly, other than the pay and casual dress code, it's hard to find anything positive to say about this company. The don't train you, expect you to pass a state certification test without any help, and drop tons of cases on your desk for you to work. The average worker there was backlogged several hundred cases. There was just no way for a staff consisting of four to six people per team to pull that off.
Pros
Pay, dress code
Cons
Everything else.
Terrible place to work they treat you as if you are a child
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL30 June 2017
Stressful
Micromanaged
No overtime offered
Favoritism
Overworked and underpaid
The most enjoyable part of the job is the PTO
Management is condescending
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary and Management
Not bad, not great
Distributed Intake Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home27 June 2017
The job itself is good and a no brainer. Management on the other hand, some of management that it, is MIA most of the time, lacking in follow up training, and not supportive with medical issues.
Too much work
Disability Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX26 June 2017
Sedgwick overworks their employees. After working without taking a lunch or break, I found myself taking work home in order to complete it. Very stressful work environment.
Cut Throat Overworked
Disability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IA24 June 2017
Pressure all day long to perform at unreasonable measures and underpaid. They expect you to do other people work when you complete your own even if those people take more breaks for smoking, leave early bc of their kids, etc meanwhile the rest of us pick up the slack.
Pros
generous time off (you will need it for all the stress when you do work)
Cons
overworked, low pay, no appreciation
Micro-managed and too many inconsistencies
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN24 June 2017
AP is a department that is being micro-managed. It effects the employees morale when you have someone that constantly asking what you are doing all day long. It's almost like they time your bathroom time. It is difficult to focus if you are under a microscope. No opportunity for advancement. The only advancement that you will get is out of the door.
Pros
You will have a job with no weekend work.
Cons
Too many inconsitstencies & too much micro-management!
Ensuring claimants have been reti\urned to their normal state.
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX23 June 2017
Managing calls, new claims, settling claims, claim reviews etc. I've learned various things associated with claims during my 18 yrs. in claims. The hardest part of the claim is not being able to close a file. The most enjoyable is being able to close a file when a claimant has been fully restored back to their normal selves..
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL22 June 2017
The work environment is great! I have been satisfied with all supervisors I have worked under. It's a great feeling going to work every day and not being just another number.
Pros
Excellent leadership, ability to move up within the company
Cons
8 hour office life
Fast Paced-ever changing
Vice President Client Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN20 June 2017
One of the core values is embrace change! This is something you must be able to do often. This company is progressive and on the cutting edge of everything
csa
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH19 June 2017
This job is horrible. Petty managers. Rude, not helpful at all. waste of time and gas. cafeteria is good though. Unhappy place to work. Don't take the job!
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
You'll never miss a paycheck, but they work the heck out of you.
Claims Examiner/ Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 June 2017
While you will definitely gain experience in the industry, the expectations and best practices are set to a level at which you are unable to achieve them because of the quantity of work and not enough support to accomplish the tasks.
Great life work balance
workman compensation injuries (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY16 June 2017
I telecommute for the company and have an excellent life/work balance. Team members are always willing to chip in and cover for each missing team member to get all required work done.
A great TPA
Claims Associate/Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA15 June 2017
A typical day at work is the getting up in the morning and going to a place that one knows he is going to make a difference. I know I make that difference. First of all all I have a wonderful working relationship with my supervisor, so that is always a plus. I have acquired skills not only on the job, but through workers compensation training both online and in class room environment. The culture is open to all people, from different walks of life and that is great, because we live in America and that is what it stands for. The hardest part of my job is wishing I had more time, but in real time, that is impossible as we do have personal lives. The best part I like about my job is the work/life balance as I have little children and a wife that depend on me, in addition I like that Sedgwick has given me the opportunity to continue personal growth without having to come out of pocket and that is a huge blessing. I am grateful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9