Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Expect a lot of work, little rewards
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN12 January 2017
Little rewards for hard work, company does not value its employees. The harder you work, the more work they will pile on and expect your to perform. Not a great work/life balance.
Pros
Great Number of Paid Time Off
Cons
No career advancement
gread paid time off no appreciation for employees
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 January 2017
great paid time off benefits however no appreciation to its employees. long hours , benefits are a joke , little teak work
Very task oriented and able to prioritize my duties in an effective way.
PD Liability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA5 January 2017
We are dealing with a high volume of claims since we are currently short staffed. However, my customer service skills are second to none. I have dealt with all types of situations and deescalated complaint calls.
I have been working in the claims industry for over twenty one years and have received excellent annual reviews.
I like helping others, resolving issues/problems and am empathetic to people's situations.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Would like to try something else.
Productive, fast-paced place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH29 December 2016
I started my employment there after the recent acquisition of a new account. Things were quite a bit hectic as the acquisition and all that came with it, was far bigger than originally expected.

Everyday, we received a high claim load but were given the freedom and trust to work at our own pace. This really helped me learn better time management skills and to set multiple smalls goals so that the task did not seem too daunting.

Management was a mixed bag. My direct manager was understanding and allowed us the autonomy to do our jobs at our pace. I felt he had our backs and legitimately tried to make the environment as conducive to being productive as possible. Unfortunately, I do not have the same confidence in his superiors. At many times, I felt no sense of direction or leadership. The acquisition was a big one and perhaps they were overwhelmed by it. There were so many hurdles to clear in the acquisition that it rendered our upper management ineffective in influencing and providing us the leadership needed to help us in our day to day operations.

The co-workers were great. Most were friendly and willing to lend a hand. The company benefits are pretty good as well and the work/life balance was acceptable considering the amount of work to be done.
Pros
good benefits, great co workers, autonomy
Cons
workload, organization, upper management
I enjoy it.
Service Assistant/Coach Assist (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH29 December 2016
I really do enjoy my job. Everyday I look forward to going in my coworkers are amazing and I love the support. The only issue is the communication is lacking.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Bad communication with management
High turn over rate.
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI29 December 2016
The customer service department has a high turn overrate due to management subject subordinates to constant harassment. New hires receive minimal training and overwhelming responsibility. Representatives are ridiculed and scrutinized by their break and lunch time. Representatives are penalied by flawed call out procedure. Management does not make themselves available to resolve clarify policy issues or resolve uncertain matters.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training.
Great benefits, never a dull moment
Case Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OH27 December 2016
I love working for this company

The offer excellent benefits, opportunities to grow including relocating as they have offices all over the country.

They listen to the employees and work well with us.
great work from home position
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from home21 December 2016
One of the greatest work from home jobs, through it can be stressful with high call flows. Co-workers are wonderful and great environment.
Pros
work from home
Cons
scheduling, can be a little stressfull with high call flows
nationwide
Disability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OH20 December 2016
self starting career, can be upward progressive within the company of mobility. Offers healthcare, 401K and generous PTO has positions that work from home
Pros
pto is generous, customer service oriented
Cons
n/a
Every job has is pros and cons
LEAVE OF ABSENCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX19 December 2016
Overall decent company; great values and PTO benefits. PTO starts at 20 days per year and adds a day per year of your tenure. Not much room for growth.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Worklife balance is non exsistent
Being able to assist the caller on first call bases
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH16 December 2016
I worked at home with my typical day answering calls taking claims for various clients answering questions about existing claims transferring calls to claims adjusters or the claims examiners for more details about their claim status.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks on the clock / 30 minute lunch
Cons
No co workers arounds
Case management specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN11 December 2016
Poor management. Unequal distribution of labor. Salaried employee works more than set hours without compensation. Very poor work / life balance
Pros
Cons
Long hours no compensation
Good pay
Disability Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI9 December 2016
Place has no opportunity for growth unless internally growing. Nice benefit package, Team players. The hardest part of job is changing managers and teams frequently
Productive and fun workplace
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN7 December 2016
Sedgwick is a great company to work for! There is a lot of room for growth, and the leadership and colleagues are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone any day!
all about the numbers
Customer Service Representative/ LOA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OH6 December 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. This company is all about numbers you can never do enough they always want you to do more! The pay is on the lower end
Pros
easy job
Cons
low pay
This is not a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OH5 December 2016
This company has a very high turn over and the management of the company is horrible.
The employees have low morale and the rate of pay needs to improve quite a bit!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High turn over, no Lunch room or Cafe. Limited Parking spaces
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY4 December 2016
Hours are great - Monday through Friday day time hours. One company one team actually means something.

Company has great benefits and gives lots of PTO time so you can take lots of vacations.

Colleagues that you work with care about you and give you praise, and management is very supportive and positive.
Growing Company
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 December 2016
Sedgwick is a company that continues to grow each year as it gains new clients and through acquisitions. A typical day at work includes assisting claimants and medical professionals with submitting information to resolve claims. There are also trainings and meetings to provide feedback to examiners and give them tools on how to effectively manage their case loads.
Pros
Diverse work environment, group activities/lunches, frequent training
Cons
There is no Work/Life balance, Compensation
Overall secure company.
Service Center Representative I (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CA1 December 2016
The company has too much work for the disability Specialist. Service center is only worried about number of calls and not the quality.
Supervisors and managers are selected by popularity or how long they worked there and not based on there ability to supervisory ability or knowledge.
Great Place to work
Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX29 November 2016
I work hard everyday just want to better my skill from what I learned here at Sedgwick. I handle multiple claim between pregnancy to personal to any type of Medical.

2.9