Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Stressful, disorganized, duplicitous managerial behavior
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA3 November 2017
Difficult to work at a job when you cannot trust your supervisors.Dispatch very disorganized assigning 3 different locations to cover at the same time.
Wonderful overall!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA30 October 2017
Great place to work for, understanding staff and employees, company has been around for a long time and has a great reputation to uphold as they do! Would work for them in a heartbeat!
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CT6 September 2017
Great place to work. A typical day included, access control, managing deliveries, regular patrols. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees and having a enjoyable work enviornment.
Great management, but, no evidence, of women in command positions.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA11 August 2017
I enjoy working for this company.
My daily work, is well planned out, in advance, by management, and my breaks are timely.
Management is intelligent, friendly, and easy to talk to.
Unfortunately, I know of no women, in operational command positions.
Pros
Management, timeliness.
Cons
Potential for advancement for women, (me).
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 June 2017
It was Temporary short period of work for security. The company treated me very well with good pay. The work was only a short time during the superbowl. Each supervisor was from a different state, they care about the workers and made sure each had their break, lunch and bathroom when needed. Always encouraged others to do their best.
Pros
breaks
Cons
temporary
satisfaction review
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA8 May 2017
Thanks You, Thanks for the opportunity I got to one of the most enjoyable job, I have learned so much and nothing short of being a GREAT Job, great location, lots of advancement.
Fun place to work
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 March 2017
This is a great company to work for, they provide meals and rewards for a job well done, also help with getting to the job site when needed, they care a lot about the officers.
Pathetic
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NC19 March 2017
They could careless about your home/family life. If they need you to work you work or face punishment no matter what you had planned. I have heard many times "family can wait. If i need you i need you. Tell you when you're hired you'll get a dollar raise every year with good performance reviews. LIE!!!! At the end of the year its we dont have to give you a raise. Pathetic company. Site manager is the worse boss I've ever worked for. All about controlling your life in and outside of work. Micro manages everything.
Cons
Outstanding job but very poor upper management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 September 2016
This company is truly overall an outstanding organization. But the local upper management leaves a lot to be desired. A tremendous amount of favoritism is exhibited. No real sense of working as a team is seen.
Pros
Great Pay and Great Benefits
Cons
Local Upper Management just needs to be replaced period.
Skilled Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 June 2016
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure/communicating ideas effectively, and to have compassion the elderly/disabled people.
Pros
good training instructors
Cons
mismanagement
SIS Security
Security Specialist / Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 February 2016
SIS is good company. High End accounts, good management Just needs more sites. But over all a good company. I would refer someone to this company
Favoritism Abundence
Security Specialist (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts14 November 2015
Be Prepared to brown nose. Leadership (And I use that Term very loosely) shows EXTREME favoritism to certain specialists/officers.

This company and this Client act like We are Guarding NORAD or nuclear launch codes....We aren't. We also are not allowed to have any mind stimulation while we are on post, which causes us to fall asleep on post, which is pretty much an automatic termination. This company will term you on the spot for minuscule things (Maybe that's why my site has a 50-60% turnover rate??)

However, I love co-workers. We look out and support each other like a little extended family.

Note to Management: We are not Guarding NORAD. RELAX A LITTLE BIT!!!!!
Good Pay vs. Schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Florida26 August 2015
Pay was very decent. I recall several instances where I was called in for a shift and when I arrived to the site I was "not needed" and was not able to work my complete shift. Management in my experience were uncompromising and not sympathetic to your personal responsibilities.
Pros
Great Pay.
Cons
have to fax your worked hours in, it's a hassle.
excellent opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 August 2015
This was a temp job but it was a fun and exciting place to work for the month of and after the Super bowl and Pro Bowl. I was a security specialist for the company providing close proximity security for celebrities and athletes who attended the events during super bowl and pro bowl, also provided security for the venues that events were held in for these people.
Pros
networking opportunity
Cons
not long enough job
over all it was an enjoyable work experience, with typical corporate security logistics.
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA19 November 2014
As a Flex officer I would either be covering a special event or I would be working as a Patrol officer. As a Patrol officer my job was to mostly conduct exterior door checks and interior door checks. As well as conduct hourly server room checks looking for temperature and humidity spikes.

As this was my first civilian security job i learned to differentiate my military training from public security. The job reinforced my ability to work as part of a team and my customer service skills.

Management was stern but mostly fair. First line leaders however let personal friendships coerce their decisions when it came to bringing on officers as full time and shift preference.

For the most part my co-workers and i enjoyed working together and felt confident in our ability to complete all tasks with efficiency.

The hardest part of the position was interacting with the corporate clients while following our operating procedures. Such as employees parking in an electric-car parking space only when they do not have one. Also different levels of management did not communicate effectively so directions and scheduling was not always clear.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the company in its self was a positive place to work.
Pros
Available Hours
Cons
Extreme favoritism when promotions and work schedules were involved
good
Apple Co. Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA14 September 2012
overall good company. Great pay, great co-workers, good environment to work in.
Pros
pay, good environment
Cons
long periods of standing, strict standards
Was a fun and serious job and i learned alot from it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 June 2012
Being on time, showing up with my uniform on ready to work, writing reports,watching the cameras,putting in alot of hours. I learned alot from Security Industry Specialists.My co-workers was very nice and help me out a lot we was a good team.It wasnt no hard part on the job besides keeping a eye on people in the apple stores.And last but not least is the most enjoyable time is standing on my feet,walking around meeting meeting new people just making sure everybody safe.
Pros
it was free lunches sometimes on the site
Cons
i think they i wasnt getting enough hours