Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews for Security Officer

You are expendible.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chanel28 January 2018
I was let go whit no warning,no write ups. They need to learn who they put and where.are they the right person for this place? Is that person stressing in this spot?.No they just get rid of you after years,YEARS.of putting up whit nasty people witch I didn't mind as long as I wasn't bothered by them.I was doing my job and more.for ex: doorman at the same time store employee giving me bad attitude all because I couldn't response to what ever need or I'm not paying attention to something going on far from me,at the same time I cant leave the door.2nd they want you to do some other work that is not on my book to be security officers job, but me as a good person I did.about the way I was "let go"just going to say, the rule that they told me I didn't fallow or i broke is a lie,its all technicality so now on paper it looks like im a bad worker .they don't care if you have a problem, or after 8 hr you just don't remember where your standing anymore because of lack of sleep.everyone has problems in life,I cant even get unemployment because of SIS, not saying I would make a living whit what I was going to get,i just don't share my problems.this is just 60% of it..hope for all security specialist the best. Keep going forward people.;).
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No rase after years of work.
Good pay and alot of work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA13 December 2017
Pays well and hours are plenty
On call shifts easily picked up
L.p. makes 22 per hour
Unarmed makes 17
Weekly pay on thursdays

Management is good and i would recommend working here
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Always moving
Fun, Great Co Workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CT5 December 2017
During my short employment with SIS, i worked the night shift and i always had a great time, met with interesting people, my post was at a stub hub, the manager at the time was very knowledgeable and accommodating.
Stressful, disorganized, duplicitous managerial behavior
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA3 November 2017
Difficult to work at a job when you cannot trust your supervisors.Dispatch very disorganized assigning 3 different locations to cover at the same time.
Wonderful overall!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA30 October 2017
Great place to work for, understanding staff and employees, company has been around for a long time and has a great reputation to uphold as they do! Would work for them in a heartbeat!
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CT6 September 2017
Great place to work. A typical day included, access control, managing deliveries, regular patrols. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees and having a enjoyable work enviornment.
Great management, but, no evidence, of women in command positions.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA11 August 2017
I enjoy working for this company.
My daily work, is well planned out, in advance, by management, and my breaks are timely.
Management is intelligent, friendly, and easy to talk to.
Unfortunately, I know of no women, in operational command positions.
Pros
Management, timeliness.
Cons
Potential for advancement for women, (me).
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 June 2017
It was Temporary short period of work for security. The company treated me very well with good pay. The work was only a short time during the superbowl. Each supervisor was from a different state, they care about the workers and made sure each had their break, lunch and bathroom when needed. Always encouraged others to do their best.
Pros
breaks
Cons
temporary
satisfaction review
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA8 May 2017
Thanks You, Thanks for the opportunity I got to one of the most enjoyable job, I have learned so much and nothing short of being a GREAT Job, great location, lots of advancement.
Fun place to work
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 March 2017
This is a great company to work for, they provide meals and rewards for a job well done, also help with getting to the job site when needed, they care a lot about the officers.
Pathetic
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NC19 March 2017
They could careless about your home/family life. If they need you to work you work or face punishment no matter what you had planned. I have heard many times "family can wait. If i need you i need you. Tell you when you're hired you'll get a dollar raise every year with good performance reviews. LIE!!!! At the end of the year its we dont have to give you a raise. Pathetic company. Site manager is the worse boss I've ever worked for. All about controlling your life in and outside of work. Micro manages everything.
Cons
Outstanding job but very poor upper management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 September 2016
This company is truly overall an outstanding organization. But the local upper management leaves a lot to be desired. A tremendous amount of favoritism is exhibited. No real sense of working as a team is seen.
Pros
Great Pay and Great Benefits
Cons
Local Upper Management just needs to be replaced period.
Skilled Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 June 2016
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure/communicating ideas effectively, and to have compassion the elderly/disabled people.
Pros
good training instructors
Cons
mismanagement
SIS Security
Security Specialist / Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 February 2016
SIS is good company. High End accounts, good management Just needs more sites. But over all a good company. I would refer someone to this company
Favoritism Abundence
Security Specialist (Officer) (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts14 November 2015
Be Prepared to brown nose. Leadership (And I use that Term very loosely) shows EXTREME favoritism to certain specialists/officers.

This company and this Client act like We are Guarding NORAD or nuclear launch codes....We aren't. We also are not allowed to have any mind stimulation while we are on post, which causes us to fall asleep on post, which is pretty much an automatic termination. This company will term you on the spot for minuscule things (Maybe that's why my site has a 50-60% turnover rate??)

However, I love co-workers. We look out and support each other like a little extended family.

Note to Management: We are not Guarding NORAD. RELAX A LITTLE BIT!!!!!
Good Pay vs. Schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Florida26 August 2015
Pay was very decent. I recall several instances where I was called in for a shift and when I arrived to the site I was "not needed" and was not able to work my complete shift. Management in my experience were uncompromising and not sympathetic to your personal responsibilities.
Pros
Great Pay.
Cons
have to fax your worked hours in, it's a hassle.
excellent opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 August 2015
This was a temp job but it was a fun and exciting place to work for the month of and after the Super bowl and Pro Bowl. I was a security specialist for the company providing close proximity security for celebrities and athletes who attended the events during super bowl and pro bowl, also provided security for the venues that events were held in for these people.
Pros
networking opportunity
Cons
not long enough job
good
Apple Co. Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA14 September 2012
overall good company. Great pay, great co-workers, good environment to work in.
Pros
pay, good environment
Cons
long periods of standing, strict standards
Was a fun and serious job and i learned alot from it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 June 2012
Being on time, showing up with my uniform on ready to work, writing reports,watching the cameras,putting in alot of hours. I learned alot from Security Industry Specialists.My co-workers was very nice and help me out a lot we was a good team.It wasnt no hard part on the job besides keeping a eye on people in the apple stores.And last but not least is the most enjoyable time is standing on my feet,walking around meeting meeting new people just making sure everybody safe.
Pros
it was free lunches sometimes on the site
Cons
i think they i wasnt getting enough hours