Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Great employer with great benefits
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 May 2016
I only worked with SIS, Inc. for 2.5 months before being let go due to circumstances beyond my control. They pay extremely well, the job sites are relaxed and calm.
I've been doing security for over 8 years, so I didn't really learn anything new.
The management is very hands-off. As long as you show up, stay out of trouble, and do your job, they had zero issues with you.
I had some very cool coworkers, all of whom were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was easily the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the solitude.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Commute
poor management and supervisors
security guard (Current Employee) –  South Jordan utah31 January 2015
Management and supervisors need to be replaced. Worst company to work for, they have such I high turnover rate. Management ( TP) will only promote and talk to his good friends. Talks down to everyone else. No communication, no trust, a lot of negativity. They are constantly hiring because no one wants to work under the management team. They will term you in a heartbeat if they don't like you.
Pros
Cons
negativity, management, no trust.
Decent Place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  edison, NJ19 December 2014
Its a decent job, good pay, but, there are no steady positions, you work in multiple areas, mainly malls in the apple stores. They talk about promotions and opportunities alot but thats a complete lie, there is a slim chance you will get any of that. This is a job to get by, thats all it is.
Pros
401k, Benefits
Cons
On call, not in set areas, not steady
event security
Security guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 October 2014
stands guard protecting people property and information..........
Pros
good pay
Cons
no room to grow
Straight-forward security with HIGH expectations on customer service
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA29 July 2014
Look sharp, be 10-15 minutes early, be very friendly and attentive and this is a great job for you.

Military, law enforcement and 5+ year experienced guards are mostly hired here. The shifts are 8 to 12 hours, usually great on breaks. management is decent as long as the client(s) are not too picky.

The positions are MOSTLY SHORT-TIME WORK. 5-10 days for special events.

Shirts are usually provided; unarmed positions.

top performers usually get first pick on shifts.
Pros
friendly clients, mostly customer relations and asset protection, entry point, good pay
Cons
short- term work, sometimes the location is so secret; that the first day is a little rough to find the place
Cool place to work but everyone isn't trustworthy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA13 June 2013
I would perform continuous exterior patrols around the 10 office buildigs which belong to Google located in Mountain View, Ca. I learned how to properly respond to medical emergencies. I learned how to respond to a typical door unlock. I learned how to take information to write detailed incident reports. The hardest part of my job was to stay busy when things were slow. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with Google employees on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
New rules implemented weekly
Depending the location this company can be satisfying for the line of work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove31 March 2013
Prevent theft, property damages, and other potential danger to client. Issued badges for visitors, guests, contractors, and employees.
Unproductive Management, Clerical worker, at Every Level
Security/Fire Guard and Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 November 2012
SIS is a disorganized company with a lack of professionalism at the security event level. The company has managers making arbitrary decisions when it comes to picking workers to perform jobs that require organizational skills and experience. For example, managers pick anyone to perform breaks (30 min lunches and 10 breaks), without scrutinizing the best candidate for the job; hence, the outcome for each day worked concludes with the absence of lunches/breaks, after 8 hours standing around surveying the premises. P.S. a month after the last day I worked for them--I am still waiting for my pay...
Pros
15 hr, but still waiting for my pay
Cons
professionalism, poor management skill, pretentious and unproductive management, and everything else
Looking for full time positions with decent pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NY6 August 2012
A typical day of work is smooth but at the same time I'm always alert of my surroundings. As a security guard it's mandatory that I'm always aware of what's going. Doing that allows me to stay focus and keep me busy.