Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great culture, and Management. Very organized
Security guard for NFL exec (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA15 December 2017
Very organized company. Always had things set up the way they wanted things to be. Clear on what they wanted and expected. And always kept in touch with me if things changed. Great management
Pros
Working the best events. Like the Super Bowl. 15 dollars an hour
Good pay and alot of work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA13 December 2017
Pays well and hours are plenty
On call shifts easily picked up
L.p. makes 22 per hour
Unarmed makes 17
Weekly pay on thursdays

Management is good and i would recommend working here
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Always moving
lied about the the contract
Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ10 December 2017
They lost the contract 25 days into my employment. Some moved for the job. Don't move thinking you have a long term job. Supervisors are young and have VERY little experience. They did pay on time and the checks were good. Remember its a standing post, if you have any disabilities its not for you, you will lose your job if caught sitting down
Pros
paid on time, checks were good
Cons
everything else
review
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX30 November 2017
The post they use to have with facebook was nice. The supervisors were selective on who they wanted to be their favorites and it was kinda of a hostile environment if they didn't love you.
Easiest job on the planet...usually.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA22 November 2017
This is hands down the easiest job I've ever had. I provide access control at one of our client's buildings and I can comfortably say that while it is a very low-stress environment, the biggest challenges as far as work is concerned are your coworkers. The Recruiting department has abysmally low standards, and the result of that is half of the crew (at least with our particular client) has the IQ of a napkin. You constantly finding yourself without relief to your breaks or lunch, and I've seen many of us left for 6 hours without any sort of relief. Management is great when they want to be, but if they don't have their head in the game for the day, you're going to have to get really good at improvising without instruction.
Overall, pretty good work environment, crew sucks for the most part but there are some gems here and there who make it worth staying.
Pros
Access to client facilities, shuttle services, Pto
Cons
Lazy crew, hit-or-miss management
Uniforms provided
Off Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA9 November 2017
Workforce mainly consisted of retired law enforcement and security professionals. At times hours are long. Company paid for vehicles when having to drive clients.
Cool
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA5 November 2017
good job for college student. offers flexible schedule. Room for advancement, but low wages for the area I lived in. Scheduling can be a hassle at times, but will work with you.
Good company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 November 2017
I’ve worked here for about 7 months as a security specialist.i like it, it can be boring but I find ways to amuse myself. I like my coworkers. Amazon lets us use the prayer room which is a plus for me. It’s an easy job you just have to have good people skills and good customer service and work within the rules.
Pros
Highly subsidized orca card, Pto, OT available and encouraged to fill spots
Cons
No raises
Stressful, disorganized, duplicitous managerial behavior
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA3 November 2017
Difficult to work at a job when you cannot trust your supervisors.Dispatch very disorganized assigning 3 different locations to cover at the same time.
Relaxed, slow pace job
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 9810131 October 2017
This is a great job for students. You can easily pick up shifts as you please. The management at SIS work great with the employees. There are various posts.
Pros
not many responsibilities
Cons
easy to get bored
Wonderful overall!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA30 October 2017
Great place to work for, understanding staff and employees, company has been around for a long time and has a great reputation to uphold as they do! Would work for them in a heartbeat!
..jkjkljkjk
CORPORATE SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA24 October 2017
Work is great., benefits great. people great. good team. alot of growth and advancement. would reccomend to my firends and colleagues..................................
best unarmed job package available
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR21 October 2017
company has the best wage scale, and benefits package of any security company I have seen, even Armed companies. paychecks are weekly as well. Management tends to be young and inexperienced. Growth opportunities are small. Excellent place to bid time till your next big break.
Pros
good benefits weekly paychecks
Cons
short breaks, inexperienced management, little growth
Fair
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 October 2017
Work for this company is stressful at times but the benefits make it worth the while. Management strongly lacking in leading role, demanding and no connection with lower level employees.
Good job after all.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA7 October 2017
In general the job was good depending on the day.More training is necessary on the job to get better.The hardest part was when I had to decide for certain situations not having clear message from the management.
Pros
Nice staff by the office.
Cons
Slow processing of employees.
I love to work with apple stores and agencies
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA29 September 2017
This is the only company that I worked and loved the supervisor and the systems of working. It is really very awesome place, clean job and working with bunch of professionals.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks yes
Entry-Level Job, don't stay here long or it will drain you
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 September 2017
SIS claims to hire the top 10% of security professionals but in reality almost exclusively hires young people with little to no job experience, and even then they are NOT security professionals but displaced workers from retail and customer service job sectors. There is not enough supervision and workers are typically poorly trained and have bad work ethic.
Cons
45 minute unpaid lunch
Day at SIS
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 September 2017
Working for SIS can be a career change, or you can go day to day to collect a check, like some of my co workers. theres a lot of room for leadership.
Pros
free orca
Cons
sups
Pays bills
Amazon Business Assurance Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 September 2017
Great job, not a career path. Repetitive work. Pays bills, allows you to put food on table. Not meaningful.

this is torture, why is this survey required.
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA 9023018 September 2017
As a supervisor had freedom to work and review all the staff during different shifts. Manager was a good mentor who taught me the ins and outs of the job.
Pros
Paid time off, varied schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.