Securitas

Securitas Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good learning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: good working hours
Cons: rotational job which made really hard to reschedule my family priorties
quite a learning experience. I worked with different people
from different countries which gave me necessary confidence.
I learnt a lot about how to keep some facility secure.and emergency
measures to be taken.
Great opportunity to pay bills during the school
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: study at work
Cons: low pay, no opportunities to advance
Typically I was posted at one of the company's sites. The sites varied by the Securitas' client. It could be a retailer, or high profile site like Court House. I have learned the most is never mind the job, you have to do it the best possible way.
Initially management was pretty good, but the company's scheduling manager was constantly changing, which – more... sometimes resulted in mistakes during pay periods.
Most of my coworkers were very nice people. I rarely had a problem, and if I did, I dealt with it without any difficulties.
The hardest part of the job was to do nothing and stay awake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was opportunity to communicate with people and to project some sort of authority. – less
temporary work, I prefer accounting
Security Guard (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbAugust 30, 2012
Accounting is more desirable as an occupation. I am not looking for low wage work such as at this company
undercover investigations, (Current Employee), Ottawa /GatineauAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great scheduling, always helpful
Cons: sometimes have to work overnight
Great place to work they are always helpful and accomodating in the office. awsome training.
Traffic control
Traffic controller for NB power (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 9, 2012
Pros: outside
Cons: rain and snow
not the best company to work for, standing fr the whole day co workers are cool thou making money, and having some good fresh air
Review
Payroll technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 7, 2012
Pros: profit shearing, insurance, and trust
Cons: moving away from montreal
It was my best experience of work, loved the people I worked with and learned a great deal. First it was coffee before work with all supervisors and co-workers that is when we had a minute...my co-workers were very good to me always ready to help. It was very hard to leave but restructuration of the company was obliged. I enjoyed very much working at – more... Securitas. – less
A typical day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A security company with no room to grow. Also there are no benefits. But you have a job security.
It is a fun company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
I Enjoyed working for securitas for the 4 years at panasonic before retiring.
Technoparc/ Bell canada / Bonaventure place
Security Guard (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 30, 2012
Pros: some places
Cons: 12 to16 hours
- Performed security guard duties for a busy office building in downtown Montreal.
- Completed interior and exterior patrol duties on foot and/or with security patrol car and logged ID's of all visitors as well as verified ID'S of all staff upon entry.
- Checked and logged ID's af all visitors as well as verified ID's of all upon entry.
Contract Work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 23, 2012
Customer comes first at expense of your safety and the security of the customers. Management does what they can with what they have to work with and are often caught in the middle. Better then other companies in the field. Keeping detailed personal notes is a must as clients will scapegoat for their own short comings.
Productive workplace that requires punctuality, respect for other coworker while promoting safer and better workplace enviroment.
Employee (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 4, 2012
A typical day at work will include the following:
The necessity of arriving at workplace on time.
Going over all memos left by the other guard:
Making sure all equipment and necessary documents are prepared.
To be helpful towards customers needs.
On of the most valuable skills i have learned in Securitas was to pay careful attention to customers needs, – more... while evaluating their request and finding the best, suitable solution.
The hardest part of the job is to fill an accurate report in case of accident.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the amount of free time given for observation of surrounding area. – less
I was able to maintain full time hours and a good shift
Security Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Once I achieved seniority with the company I was able to obtain a comfortable and enjoyable work site and and regular shift. I truly enjoyed working with my most of my coworkers.
Excellent company. Company Culture is superb. The wages are excellent.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2012
They are flexible.Work around your schedule. Requests for time off are usually given. Top management is low key and respectful. They have various job posting, variety of job placements.
professional and rewarding
Payroll and Scheduling Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: bonus
Securitas was an excellent company to work for. provided ongoing training and rewards for jobs well done.
excelente
vendedor (Former Employee), no se a que se refiere en cuanto a "puesto".December 13, 2013
Pros: te ofrecen todo lo que un comercial necesita
Cons: no valoran el esfurzo de uno.
una empresa de primer nivel en todo, salvo que a los vendedores no le presta mucha atencion, ya que cuando cree necesario en lugar de vender mas productos, compra empresas chicas depende la zona de influencia.
Compagnie Européenne
formateur securite aeroportuaire (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: avancement rapide
Cons: stresse énorme
Compagnie nouvellement arriver beaucoup de potentiel très service à la clientèle
Best `Job Ever
Security Guard (Former Employee), Shawinigan, QCAugust 16, 2013
i was security officer
i quit because there was not enough work for me
Environnement de travail désagréable
Security guard (Current Employee), Musée des Beaux-Arts du CanadaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: rabais sur les repas
Cons: bas salaire, la compagnie ne respecte pas les normes du travail et les conventions collectives qu'elle signe.
Entreprise malhonnête qui cherche à diviser les agents entre eux.

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more