Securitas
2,958 reviews

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
customer services, health and safety and vital responsibilities
Security Officer (Current Employee), Liphook, ENGJuly 17, 2014
Working as retail security officer is one of my challenging job ever.Working at day time in busy shopping store with various responsibility made a experienced security officer.Dealing with costumer, protecting properties, patrolling interior and external sites , reporting incident and completing paper works are the main duties.
Different workplaces for security management
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: got to interact with the general public
Cons: stand on my feet.
Patrolled the facility and served as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions.Reported all incidents, accidents and medical emergencies to law enforcement.Responded quickly to medical emergencies, bomb threats and fire alarms.Answered alarms and investigated disturbances.Patrolled industrial and commercial premises – more... to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.Continuously monitored security cameras and fire, building and alarm systems. – less
was a great employer at one time, but has developed into a micromanageds corp.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJuly 17, 2014
local managers are given great responsibilities BUT are not given authority to make the personnel changes needed.
You get to know people and meet other officers
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tyson foodsJuly 17, 2014
Pros: you get to meet new people
Cons: no lunch breaks
Meet new people at your jobs site.You check drivers in and out. YOu meet contracters &venders.
Good place to work...but....
Security Officer (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2014
Good place to work, however, sometimes the work is not steady or does not pay much above minimum wage. The clients can sometimes be a bit much to handle as well.
nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
i learned alot from dealing with alot of people and also getting to know people and working on your customer service skills
not bad
Security Officer (Current Employee), Auburn, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: decent benifits, short work week at a decent rate
Cons: well i am in auburn and they are in liverpool, the only con is the drive to the office to train or other reasons...
Not exactly a job I'd grow with but the pay is decent compared to some companies and I am actually full time, despite the 3 12 hour shifts a night, they are actually fair when dealing with you and complaints from both ends...after I moved to my new site, the job offers cheap insurance and full time employment, better than most , like I said, and some – more... points they do have over time. Securitas does expect a bit, but they also train and reimburse you for training. though strict with their policies, most of it is within reason. – less
overall securitas is ok to wrk for
Field Service Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers are fun to work with
Cons: short breaks
Securitas is a good company.Management is great.the hardest part of this job is some of the areas we have to patrol.My co-workers are fun to work with.
great entry level job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 15, 2014
Pros: entry level
Cons: hours vary, very boring
this company is great if you want a career in security. they help you get your licence if your state requires it. however, there is very little room to advance. each jobsite varies on requirements and hours. one week i can barely make 40 hours, the next i could be working 70. there is a lot of down time, so bring a book to keep you occupied.
Gives good work exsperience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Security, COJuly 15, 2014
Pros: work in a corporate setting
Cons: short breaks, not great healthcare
A typical day is at the front desk making badges and guarding the lobby. I patrol the building at least four times during my shift. I learned that even the most civil people can become dishonest and sneaky. I also learned, that security does not have that much room for advancement and officers endure a lot everyday, even though we are not armed. My – more... co-workers are team players. The hardest part of the job is the crazy hours at times, not being able to have much of a life. If an officer calls out who ever covers the post has to stay regardless of anything planned etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am at the front desk and in charge during my shift. – less
Interesting and fun environment
Security Officer at Intel (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OregonJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay, and advancement
Cons: if you work graveyard shifts then having a good life balance may be tough
If you're looking for a full time job to work at while attending school full time as well then Securitas might be the best option for you. The manager I had was willing to work with you to get you the hours you needed while also making sure that you are not scheduled during the days and hours that you're in school.
very interesting and exciting
Unarmed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: learned to use firearms
Cons: short breaks on your feet for 12 hrs
Worked 12 hr shifts begining with shift briefing. I learned alot about nuclear electrical plant operations. Learned alot about homland security procedurs. the hardest part of job on your feet all shift. coworkers were good and easy to work with.
Long and Cold Night Shifts
Security Guard (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free food and drinks and being at the augusta national.
Cons: short breaks, long nights, work and free time imbalance.
A typical day at work would first involve everyone meeting at the tent at 6pm and wait for leaders to get there and instruct us to our positions for the night, grab required equipment for the night then have our zone leaders take us to our starting positions that changes every 3 to 4 hours keeping watch over patrons or intruders. Every now and then – more... we have to report to our leaders to ensure we were not asleep on the job and to keep a constant patrol to make sure that nobody was in restricted area. What I have learned about the job is to look for specific things with ppl and areas with no lights and to make sure I don't fall asleep at my post. Management was mostly based on the zone leaders who overlook the whole entire zone and ppl who were in their zones while the police officers will update us on the weather and what to be looking out for if something was to happen. Most of my co-workers i got along with just fine except for one particular zone leader who had it out for me thinking that I tend to slack off or not do things properly but the rest of the zone leaders could tell him that I'm not the person he should be worrying about at all. the hardest part of the job was just staying awake mostly and sometimes staying warm. The most enjoyable part of the job was being their at the Augusta National for the first time. – less
good place to work
guard (Former Employee), fresno, CAJuly 14, 2014
typical work day was sit in a shack and sign employees in and out as well as truck. management was friendly. didnt like my co-workers much but didnt see them much either. the hardest part was staying awkae and trying to find something to do all day. most enjoyable part was when truck drivers would stop and talk for a little.
Friendly staff, full-time work.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Billings, MTJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fast pace enviorment
Cons: no breaks
I assist the hospital maintaining a safe calm environment. We escort individuals off the property that don't follow regulations / rules. I check locks around the facility to make sure the rooms are secure. I also check cameras, do standbys on patients, and also escort patients from the emergency to psychiatric center. My co - workers are friendly and – more... follow the standard operating procedures set by Billings clinic.
The management to securitas tries to staff the posts to the best of their ability. They also try to solve issues as efficiently as possible. Restraining uncooperative individuals at the clinic is difficult at times but manageable with assistance from co workers. I like the unpredictability of the hospital environment. My job keeps me busy and always doing something different. – less
Securitas....
Security Officer, Centene Security (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2014
I've always enjoyed working security and when I got offered a position with Securitas I was excited, to say the least. Overall good entry level job. Many opportunities for advancement.
Fun but stagnent
Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
Its a pretty cool workday on the usual. I learned that I need to seek advancement, managment is ok. My coworkers are fine the ahrdest part of my job is surviving the boredom and the most enjoyable part is knowing that I have a job to look forward to.
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Richburg, SCJuly 14, 2014
At Target i learned how to keep a store clean and shopable. Target gives great emphasis on keeping store neat. I enjoyed my time there but not enough hours or full time positions.
Forward thinking and innovative company
Branch Manager (Current Employee), North WestJuly 14, 2014
Pros: empowerment
Cons: responsibility for all departments
A company with strong values and delivery of service, which is moving forwad in technlogy and security solutions.
As part of the Management Team you are completely responsible for all aspects of the business.
Lazy staff to work with
Armed Security Supervisor - Sergeant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2014
Supervisors at this company are either incompetent or lazy.

About Securitas

We protect homes, workplaces and society. Our core business is security services. The main service offering categories are specialized – Read more