Securitas
3,282 reviews

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is a fun company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
I Enjoyed working for securitas for the 4 years at panasonic before retiring.
Technoparc/ Bell canada / Bonaventure place
Security Guard (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 30, 2012
Pros: some places
Cons: 12 to16 hours
- Performed security guard duties for a busy office building in downtown Montreal.
- Completed interior and exterior patrol duties on foot and/or with security patrol car and logged ID's of all visitors as well as verified ID'S of all staff upon entry.
- Checked and logged ID's af all visitors as well as verified ID's of all upon entry.
Contract Work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 23, 2012
Customer comes first at expense of your safety and the security of the customers. Management does what they can with what they have to work with and are often caught in the middle. Better then other companies in the field. Keeping detailed personal notes is a must as clients will scapegoat for their own short comings.
Productive workplace that requires punctuality, respect for other coworker while promoting safer and better workplace enviroment.
Employee (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 4, 2012
A typical day at work will include the following:
The necessity of arriving at workplace on time.
Going over all memos left by the other guard:
Making sure all equipment and necessary documents are prepared.
To be helpful towards customers needs.
On of the most valuable skills i have learned in Securitas was to pay careful attention to customers needs, – more... while evaluating their request and finding the best, suitable solution.
The hardest part of the job is to fill an accurate report in case of accident.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the amount of free time given for observation of surrounding area. – less
I was able to maintain full time hours and a good shift
Security Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Once I achieved seniority with the company I was able to obtain a comfortable and enjoyable work site and and regular shift. I truly enjoyed working with my most of my coworkers.
Excellent company. Company Culture is superb. The wages are excellent.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 20, 2012
They are flexible.Work around your schedule. Requests for time off are usually given. Top management is low key and respectful. They have various job posting, variety of job placements.
professional and rewarding
Payroll and Scheduling Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: bonus
Securitas was an excellent company to work for. provided ongoing training and rewards for jobs well done.
Straightforward and To The Point
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: straightforward, flexible
Cons: lack of hours
The only reason I left this job was because of the lack of hours. Its a great position that affords excellent flexibility. The job is straightforward, handle your responsibilities and you'll be just fine.
observe and report any problems
Dispatch/Security Officer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 19, 2014
I was a dispatch officer and I had to take incoming calls and direct they to the right person, I also had to direct officers on the property to areas of need, and let in workers and visitors on to the facility grounds that I worked at

I also was a patrol officer and had to keep an eye out for things out of the ordinary and report it to dispatch
great job
Transit Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Campbell, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: we could stop anywhere on our patrol and pick a place for lunch.
Cons: cold in winter
Had to patrol all bus , and train lines in Santa Clara . had good contact with local police. sheriff department was there when needed.
not very organized and not a friendly place to work.
Night Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2014
Not a very friendly work environment and the company is very difficult.
Location to location
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2014
Cons: no health care, lack of communicaton, not nofied when pay changes
Securing premises, staff, and clients. I have learned how to appropriately deal with irrational people, people who have trouble reading and writing. Learned how to have better communication with clients. Management is not the greatest, lack of communication and pay are an issue. Co-workers are great depending on location of where your post is located. – more... The most enjoyable thing about m career is the fact of helping people and serving the public with a secure and safe environment. – less
unable to advance
Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2014
Pros: wages are decent
Cons: no oppertunities for advancement, no brakes, no benefits, no stability in job
Currently i am with this company cause the pay is well but there are no benefits and i will have no more opportunities to advance or receive raises. I would prefer to work for a company where i have chances to move up and better both myself and the company. I am looking for something that pays around the same as what I make now so i can progress and – more... become more financially stable. This way i wont feel like I'm starting completely over from scratch. I'll still be able to feel accomplished and be given a chance to learn and accomplish even more with a new company. – less
Life as a floater
security guard (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2014
At Securitas, my work is made interesting by the fact I am a "floater," meaning I fill in when someone is on vacation or calls out for whatever reason. This gives me a great deal of variety, and allows me to work on all types of assignments.
Security company needs work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAOctober 16, 2014
Needs more management people to handle business. There are very humble and professional co worker.
greeting, smiling
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the client treated you will
Cons: the company didn't respect you and management was horrible
Wave in residents, guest, delivery trucks, etc. Answer telephone for passes and information. It is stressful when co-workers call in and don't have fill in . Trying to be helpful to people that have bad intention for you. Being by myself and doing the job the way the client want it.
fun productive place had lake i could walk around for security
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fun, people
Cons: unarmed
I would stay in the guard shack and check the id's of the people that came in so that the wrong people don't come in to someones house. What I learned in the job duty is that there is a lot that has to be watched over like animals and people that are not allowed. The management there was good. The hardest part of the job is that I was unarmed, the most – more... enjoyable part would be communicating with the people that lived there and listening to the stories they told – less
Outstanding comp
Account manager (Former Employee), york maineOctober 16, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: people not showing up for shifts
Upon working for securitas,I was full time after years being with the company I was promoted to account manager,I was in charge of payroll,scheduling,client meetings as well as attending office meetings,
This company is very great
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: comforable hours
Cons: daily activity report
Monitor cameras, patrolling building for safety. This company is not a hard job, very relaxing but you have to be alert and attentive to the job.
Fantastic team oriented place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime.
Cons: great place for promotions.
Busy work[place from start to end.
Rapid response to calls in busy workplace proved challenging , but worth the efforts.

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more