Securitas
3,484 reviews

Securitas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The differences between branches are astonishing
Security Practitioner (Former Employee), Barrie, ON, and Belleville, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: working alone
Cons: not enough work.
A typical day at work was pretty solitary. Obviously, like any other security posting, chances are that you are working alone. The differences between branches is where the real issue comes into play.
The one I came from was much more strict when it came to dress code, and expectations. Notes and reports were collected, reviewed, and (if need be) discussed. – more... The Simcoe county branch for which I worked was an excellent organization- well organized (with few exceptions), and very professional; while maintaining a friendly atmosphere.
The branch to which I transfered was lax and disorganized. It was not uncommon to receive calls to come in for a shift that had already started. I was not impressed with how the Quinte region was being managed. I just stopped taking calls for work. The work was so sparse that I had to take a job at a call center.

Co-workers very much reflected how each branch was managed. In Simcoe County, I was able to get to know my co-workers, as we had steady postings. I don't think I could name a single one of my Quinte counterparts.
I enjoyed the part of the job that I also found the hardest: the solitary nature of my postings. – less
Radion and television broadcasting building
Security Guard (SECURITAS) CBC RADIO-CANADA (Current Employee), TORONTO,ONMarch 12, 2013
I enjoy working at this site because you get to learn a lot. this company have a huge area to cover but a few guard and it's 12h shift every day you on duty, which is not worth what the pay they guards.
A Gym to workout
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2013
Iwork at Mcgill University as a supervisor/ securitas our job is make sure and maintain control log all incoming and outgoing, enforce policies and procedures of company.
Friendly environment, giving information and sharing of ideas
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: nil
Cons: no fix day holidays leave
Most of the time is routine work, everyday there was different type of customer at Le Boulevard commercial centre, most people come and take about their life and jobs they did in the past and for me i take is as an advice from those people. As far as management is concern they were very friendly and ready to listen proposition from security agent so – more... that they can improve the service given to clients. It is very useful to work with older security agents cause they let you know the past experience they did have and i learn a lot about the job. the hardest moment was dealing with a person who was mentally ill, and it took me time to put him outside the commercial centre and the same time people was asking lots of questions. . the most enjoyments moment of my job is when rule and regulation was understood by all people everything was going according to security measures.. – less
Productive and good work experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), niagara fallsFebruary 6, 2013
working in security is great gives you alot of oppurtinity in different situations of this career
Very Professional, Friendly yet Effective Management team offering great opportunity in all Security related services with great benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: fringe benefits like unionized medical and dental coverage, vacation pay and safety shoes
Cons: long working hours
I have found this organization very professional, organized and effective offering core values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfullness in every aspect of security services it offers both to the clients and its employees.
Its a company providing Job security
Security Officer (Current Employee), various locations in the GTAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: at some locations i get to take breaks at no specific time
Cons: sometimes long hrs i.e. 12 hrs
My experience at Securitas taught me to work independently and be
responsible and accountable for my work.
So far the Best
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Love the place,co workers and employees. stress job whole lot of work depends on you. More and More responsible you have to take and commit to it.
Excellent
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: stress
Its a fast paced Multitasking Work. Work is stressful but you will have your coworker and management support at all times. Great environment and i have learned a a lot.
Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), WinnipegJanuary 10, 2013
I learn the Basics of a security guard job and I got trained for working in a stressful environment..
SECURITAS IS A UNIONISED COMPANY THEY HAVE HIGH STANDARD CUSTOMER/CLIENTS WHERE MOST OF SECURITAS STAFF ENJOY WORK
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free uniforms and annual company lunch
SECURITAS IS A UNIONISED WITH MEDICAL BENIFITS PLANS COMPANY, THEY HAVE HIGH STANDARD CUSTOMER/CLIENTS WHERE MOST OF SECURITAS STAFF ENJOY WORK .
Very easy to get along with coworkers
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 12, 2012
Pros: make coffee pot who ever comes first
Cons: n/a
I am very reliable and honest worker and i discharge my duties to the satisfaction of all my superior. If selected i will be an asset to the company
Professional client and environment
Security Officer / Shift Supervisor - Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: client employees and environment
Working with a professional group that I trusted and respected. Courteous and professional client that worked with you on keeping the site safe and secure.
Good site to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: client and residents were very nice
Cons: very busy
Updated residents information on Excel
Attended management meetings with concerns or to get updates for the desk Concierge Access Control – Provided excellent Customer Service for residents in dealing with couriers, packages, mail, laundry drop offs
Handled tenant complaints at the desk or on the phone as well as public parking issues and documented – more... all incidents according to policies and procedures
Trained new guards for site patrol, desk duties and Front Desk application on windows
Enjoyed working with my co-workers - we were a strong team – less
Good Office enviroment
Human Resources Manager /Trainer /Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2012
Pros: schedule
Cons: very long hours
Good people to work with, very busy. Lots of self learning. Nice office enviroment.
Enjoy working with people
Security Guard (Current Employee), Tim Hortons #2091October 16, 2012
Pros: enjoy working with the public, they provide me with a green tea or water and i enjoy working with the staff
Cons: the kids can be difficult to deal with.
Arrive at Tim Hortons write in Log Book arrival time and time first rounds begin with any issues that might happen. Rounds are done every half hour on the hour and half hour.

Dealing with the public inside and outside the store.
Security Company with family appeal
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: didn't stay there long enough
I would make calls for interviews, call for references, order uniforms for new and existing guards. Do spread sheets on Excel to keep track of all inventory in stock. Go between other Securitas companies to exchange uniforms to avoid ordering new and saving costs.
VERY PRODUCTIVE; BETWEEN PATROLL ROUNDS THERE WAS A COMPUTER TO PLAY GAMES ON. THIS WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR SECURITY GUARD USE. I LEARNED A LOT.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: the pros are that the job was very educational, i learned my duties easily, because the instructions were concise.
Cons: i had to do the 'grave yard' shift.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD CONSIST OF DRIVING TO MAIN GUARD HOUSE TO SIGN IN, GET LOG BOOKS AND TRACKING WAND. I WOULD GO INTO MY POST AND START ROUNDS, GOING TO SPECIFIC POINTS IN THE FACTORY WHERE THERE WAS A CIRCULAR METAL DISK THE SIZE OF A 25 CENT PIECE AFFIXED TO THE WALL, AND I WOULD INSPECT STATION, THEN PUT TRACKING WAND TO DISK TO RECORD – more... ROUND, THEN GO BACK TO MY POST. I WOULD RECORD WHAT I SAW AT EACH POINT IN THE LOG BOOK. I WOULD EAT MY LUNCH THAT I EITHER BROUGHT FROM HOME OR FROM A PIZZERIA, ON A BREAK. AS FAR AS WHAT I LEARNED WAS ALL THE DUTIES THAT SECURITY GUARD WOULD CARRY OUT, AND THE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT THIS JOB ENTAILS. MY MANAGER WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE A CO-WORKER; BUT, MOST OF THE TIMES I HAD TO WORK ALONE. THE BEST PART IS THAT AT EACH LUNCH STATION, THERE WAS VENDING MACHINES, AND A UNIT THAT WOULD MAKE CHANGE FOR EACH DENOMINATION OF PAPER CURRENCY UP TO A TWENTY-DOLLAR BILL. – less
very friendly atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chatham, OnSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: not enough hrs..
patrol the hospital.....different codes and what prodicaul is for them....management was understanding and informative.......co workers friendly, helpfull had your back in any situation.......hardest part of the job was when u had to transport a body to the morgue...... but i loved my job and helping people..
an interesting place to work concerning security alert
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: words of encouragement from supervisors
Cons: long hours of patrols.
Does lots of patrols
Security Management
Good Management
Very cooperative sets of team to work with
Organising the employees in case of an emergency.
Given an award for a job well done.

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more