Securitas

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoy working with people
Security Guard (Current Employee), Tim Hortons #2091October 16, 2012
Pros: enjoy working with the public, they provide me with a green tea or water and i enjoy working with the staff
Cons: the kids can be difficult to deal with.
Arrive at Tim Hortons write in Log Book arrival time and time first rounds begin with any issues that might happen. Rounds are done every half hour on the hour and half hour.

Dealing with the public inside and outside the store.
Security Company with family appeal
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: didn't stay there long enough
I would make calls for interviews, call for references, order uniforms for new and existing guards. Do spread sheets on Excel to keep track of all inventory in stock. Go between other Securitas companies to exchange uniforms to avoid ordering new and saving costs.
VERY PRODUCTIVE; BETWEEN PATROLL ROUNDS THERE WAS A COMPUTER TO PLAY GAMES ON. THIS WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR SECURITY GUARD USE. I LEARNED A LOT.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: the pros are that the job was very educational, i learned my duties easily, because the instructions were concise.
Cons: i had to do the 'grave yard' shift.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD CONSIST OF DRIVING TO MAIN GUARD HOUSE TO SIGN IN, GET LOG BOOKS AND TRACKING WAND. I WOULD GO INTO MY POST AND START ROUNDS, GOING TO SPECIFIC POINTS IN THE FACTORY WHERE THERE WAS A CIRCULAR METAL DISK THE SIZE OF A 25 CENT PIECE AFFIXED TO THE WALL, AND I WOULD INSPECT STATION, THEN PUT TRACKING WAND TO DISK TO RECORD – more... ROUND, THEN GO BACK TO MY POST. I WOULD RECORD WHAT I SAW AT EACH POINT IN THE LOG BOOK. I WOULD EAT MY LUNCH THAT I EITHER BROUGHT FROM HOME OR FROM A PIZZERIA, ON A BREAK. AS FAR AS WHAT I LEARNED WAS ALL THE DUTIES THAT SECURITY GUARD WOULD CARRY OUT, AND THE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT THIS JOB ENTAILS. MY MANAGER WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE A CO-WORKER; BUT, MOST OF THE TIMES I HAD TO WORK ALONE. THE BEST PART IS THAT AT EACH LUNCH STATION, THERE WAS VENDING MACHINES, AND A UNIT THAT WOULD MAKE CHANGE FOR EACH DENOMINATION OF PAPER CURRENCY UP TO A TWENTY-DOLLAR BILL. – less
very friendly atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chatham, OnSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: not enough hrs..
patrol the hospital.....different codes and what prodicaul is for them....management was understanding and informative.......co workers friendly, helpfull had your back in any situation.......hardest part of the job was when u had to transport a body to the morgue...... but i loved my job and helping people..
an interesting place to work concerning security alert
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: words of encouragement from supervisors
Cons: long hours of patrols.
Does lots of patrols
Security Management
Good Management
Very cooperative sets of team to work with
Organising the employees in case of an emergency.
Given an award for a job well done.
good learning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: good working hours
Cons: rotational job which made really hard to reschedule my family priorties
quite a learning experience. I worked with different people
from different countries which gave me necessary confidence.
I learnt a lot about how to keep some facility secure.and emergency
measures to be taken.
working with co-workers and company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: training
Cons: nothing
liked working with co-workers, and management, traing on each property like any typical day just working. the hardest part of the job is nothing.
Great opportunity to pay bills during the school
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: study at work
Cons: low pay, no opportunities to advance
Typically I was posted at one of the company's sites. The sites varied by the Securitas' client. It could be a retailer, or high profile site like Court House. I have learned the most is never mind the job, you have to do it the best possible way.
Initially management was pretty good, but the company's scheduling manager was constantly changing, which – more... sometimes resulted in mistakes during pay periods.
Most of my coworkers were very nice people. I rarely had a problem, and if I did, I dealt with it without any difficulties.
The hardest part of the job was to do nothing and stay awake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was opportunity to communicate with people and to project some sort of authority. – less
temporary work, I prefer accounting
Security Guard (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbAugust 30, 2012
Accounting is more desirable as an occupation. I am not looking for low wage work such as at this company
undercover investigations, (Current Employee), Ottawa /GatineauAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great scheduling, always helpful
Cons: sometimes have to work overnight
Great place to work they are always helpful and accomodating in the office. awsome training.
Traffic control
Traffic controller for NB power (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 9, 2012
Pros: outside
Cons: rain and snow
not the best company to work for, standing fr the whole day co workers are cool thou making money, and having some good fresh air
Review
Payroll technician (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 7, 2012
Pros: profit shearing, insurance, and trust
Cons: moving away from montreal
It was my best experience of work, loved the people I worked with and learned a great deal. First it was coffee before work with all supervisors and co-workers that is when we had a minute...my co-workers were very good to me always ready to help. It was very hard to leave but restructuration of the company was obliged. I enjoyed very much working at – more... Securitas. – less
A typical day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A security company with no room to grow. Also there are no benefits. But you have a job security.
It is a fun company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
I Enjoyed working for securitas for the 4 years at panasonic before retiring.
Technoparc/ Bell canada / Bonaventure place
Security Guard (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 30, 2012
Pros: some places
Cons: 12 to16 hours
- Performed security guard duties for a busy office building in downtown Montreal.
- Completed interior and exterior patrol duties on foot and/or with security patrol car and logged ID's of all visitors as well as verified ID'S of all staff upon entry.
- Checked and logged ID's af all visitors as well as verified ID's of all upon entry.
Contract Work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 23, 2012
Customer comes first at expense of your safety and the security of the customers. Management does what they can with what they have to work with and are often caught in the middle. Better then other companies in the field. Keeping detailed personal notes is a must as clients will scapegoat for their own short comings.
Productive workplace that requires punctuality, respect for other coworker while promoting safer and better workplace enviroment.
Employee (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 4, 2012
A typical day at work will include the following:
The necessity of arriving at workplace on time.
Going over all memos left by the other guard:
Making sure all equipment and necessary documents are prepared.
To be helpful towards customers needs.
On of the most valuable skills i have learned in Securitas was to pay careful attention to customers needs, – more... while evaluating their request and finding the best, suitable solution.
The hardest part of the job is to fill an accurate report in case of accident.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the amount of free time given for observation of surrounding area. – less
I was able to maintain full time hours and a good shift
Security Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Once I achieved seniority with the company I was able to obtain a comfortable and enjoyable work site and and regular shift. I truly enjoyed working with my most of my coworkers.
Best team in baseball
Security Officer (Current Employee), Yankee StadiumJuly 20, 2014
Greet and assist over 40k guest per game, more to Yankee fans than meets the eye, how to provide excellent customer service. Management almost 80% retired law enforcement. On the young side. hardest part , Extra innings and rain delays. most enjoyable part of the job are he people.
security in a good company with bennefits and good service to its employees
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), SHARJAHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: sometimes there is free lunch at the mall
Cons: 3 breaks in a day
I work inside the SAFEER MALL in Sharjah and the condition is always cool for me as a security guard to carry out my duties.

To be honest , knowledgable ,trustworthy to the company client (SAFEER MALL staff) and the customers to help me achieve my goals

the management is good at SAFEER MALL

Ofcourse the hardest part of my job is standing the whole – more... day for 11 hours.

attending to customers and responding to emergencies in the mall – less

About Securitas

We protect homes, workplaces and society. Our core business is security services. The main service offering categories are specialized – Read more