Securitas

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
So far the Best
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Love the place,co workers and employees. stress job whole lot of work depends on you. More and More responsible you have to take and commit to it.
Excellent
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: stress
Its a fast paced Multitasking Work. Work is stressful but you will have your coworker and management support at all times. Great environment and i have learned a a lot.
Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), WinnipegJanuary 10, 2013
I learn the Basics of a security guard job and I got trained for working in a stressful environment..
SECURITAS IS A UNIONISED COMPANY THEY HAVE HIGH STANDARD CUSTOMER/CLIENTS WHERE MOST OF SECURITAS STAFF ENJOY WORK
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free uniforms and annual company lunch
SECURITAS IS A UNIONISED WITH MEDICAL BENIFITS PLANS COMPANY, THEY HAVE HIGH STANDARD CUSTOMER/CLIENTS WHERE MOST OF SECURITAS STAFF ENJOY WORK .
Very easy to get along with coworkers
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 12, 2012
Pros: make coffee pot who ever comes first
Cons: n/a
I am very reliable and honest worker and i discharge my duties to the satisfaction of all my superior. If selected i will be an asset to the company
Professional client and environment
Security Officer / Shift Supervisor - Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: client employees and environment
Working with a professional group that I trusted and respected. Courteous and professional client that worked with you on keeping the site safe and secure.
Good site to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: client and residents were very nice
Cons: very busy
Updated residents information on Excel
Attended management meetings with concerns or to get updates for the desk Concierge Access Control – Provided excellent Customer Service for residents in dealing with couriers, packages, mail, laundry drop offs
Handled tenant complaints at the desk or on the phone as well as public parking issues and documented – more... all incidents according to policies and procedures
Trained new guards for site patrol, desk duties and Front Desk application on windows
Enjoyed working with my co-workers - we were a strong team – less
Good Office enviroment
Human Resources Manager /Trainer /Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2012
Pros: schedule
Cons: very long hours
Good people to work with, very busy. Lots of self learning. Nice office enviroment.
Enjoy working with people
Security Guard (Current Employee), Tim Hortons #2091October 16, 2012
Pros: enjoy working with the public, they provide me with a green tea or water and i enjoy working with the staff
Cons: the kids can be difficult to deal with.
Arrive at Tim Hortons write in Log Book arrival time and time first rounds begin with any issues that might happen. Rounds are done every half hour on the hour and half hour.

Dealing with the public inside and outside the store.
Security Company with family appeal
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: didn't stay there long enough
I would make calls for interviews, call for references, order uniforms for new and existing guards. Do spread sheets on Excel to keep track of all inventory in stock. Go between other Securitas companies to exchange uniforms to avoid ordering new and saving costs.
VERY PRODUCTIVE; BETWEEN PATROLL ROUNDS THERE WAS A COMPUTER TO PLAY GAMES ON. THIS WAS SPECIFICALLY FOR SECURITY GUARD USE. I LEARNED A LOT.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: the pros are that the job was very educational, i learned my duties easily, because the instructions were concise.
Cons: i had to do the 'grave yard' shift.
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD CONSIST OF DRIVING TO MAIN GUARD HOUSE TO SIGN IN, GET LOG BOOKS AND TRACKING WAND. I WOULD GO INTO MY POST AND START ROUNDS, GOING TO SPECIFIC POINTS IN THE FACTORY WHERE THERE WAS A CIRCULAR METAL DISK THE SIZE OF A 25 CENT PIECE AFFIXED TO THE WALL, AND I WOULD INSPECT STATION, THEN PUT TRACKING WAND TO DISK TO RECORD – more... ROUND, THEN GO BACK TO MY POST. I WOULD RECORD WHAT I SAW AT EACH POINT IN THE LOG BOOK. I WOULD EAT MY LUNCH THAT I EITHER BROUGHT FROM HOME OR FROM A PIZZERIA, ON A BREAK. AS FAR AS WHAT I LEARNED WAS ALL THE DUTIES THAT SECURITY GUARD WOULD CARRY OUT, AND THE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT THIS JOB ENTAILS. MY MANAGER WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. SOMETIMES I WOULD HAVE A CO-WORKER; BUT, MOST OF THE TIMES I HAD TO WORK ALONE. THE BEST PART IS THAT AT EACH LUNCH STATION, THERE WAS VENDING MACHINES, AND A UNIT THAT WOULD MAKE CHANGE FOR EACH DENOMINATION OF PAPER CURRENCY UP TO A TWENTY-DOLLAR BILL. – less
very friendly atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chatham, OnSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: not enough hrs..
patrol the hospital.....different codes and what prodicaul is for them....management was understanding and informative.......co workers friendly, helpfull had your back in any situation.......hardest part of the job was when u had to transport a body to the morgue...... but i loved my job and helping people..
an interesting place to work concerning security alert
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: words of encouragement from supervisors
Cons: long hours of patrols.
Does lots of patrols
Security Management
Good Management
Very cooperative sets of team to work with
Organising the employees in case of an emergency.
Given an award for a job well done.
good learning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: good working hours
Cons: rotational job which made really hard to reschedule my family priorties
quite a learning experience. I worked with different people
from different countries which gave me necessary confidence.
I learnt a lot about how to keep some facility secure.and emergency
measures to be taken.
Great opportunity to pay bills during the school
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: study at work
Cons: low pay, no opportunities to advance
Typically I was posted at one of the company's sites. The sites varied by the Securitas' client. It could be a retailer, or high profile site like Court House. I have learned the most is never mind the job, you have to do it the best possible way.
Initially management was pretty good, but the company's scheduling manager was constantly changing, which – more... sometimes resulted in mistakes during pay periods.
Most of my coworkers were very nice people. I rarely had a problem, and if I did, I dealt with it without any difficulties.
The hardest part of the job was to do nothing and stay awake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was opportunity to communicate with people and to project some sort of authority. – less
temporary work, I prefer accounting
Security Guard (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbAugust 30, 2012
Accounting is more desirable as an occupation. I am not looking for low wage work such as at this company
undercover investigations, (Current Employee), Ottawa /GatineauAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great scheduling, always helpful
Cons: sometimes have to work overnight
Great place to work they are always helpful and accomodating in the office. awsome training.
Traffic control
Traffic controller for NB power (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 9, 2012
Pros: outside
Cons: rain and snow
not the best company to work for, standing fr the whole day co workers are cool thou making money, and having some good fresh air
Review
Payroll technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 7, 2012
Pros: profit shearing, insurance, and trust
Cons: moving away from montreal
It was my best experience of work, loved the people I worked with and learned a great deal. First it was coffee before work with all supervisors and co-workers that is when we had a minute...my co-workers were very good to me always ready to help. It was very hard to leave but restructuration of the company was obliged. I enjoyed very much working at – more... Securitas. – less
A typical day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A security company with no room to grow. Also there are no benefits. But you have a job security.

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more