Securitas

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
temporary work, I prefer accounting
Security Guard (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbAugust 30, 2012
Accounting is more desirable as an occupation. I am not looking for low wage work such as at this company
undercover investigations, (Current Employee), Ottawa /GatineauAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great scheduling, always helpful
Cons: sometimes have to work overnight
Great place to work they are always helpful and accomodating in the office. awsome training.
Traffic control
Traffic controller for NB power (Former Employee), Example: Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: outside
Cons: rain and snow
not the best company to work for, standing fr the whole day co workers are cool thou making money, and having some good fresh air
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Payroll technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 7, 2012
Pros: profit shearing, insurance, and trust
Cons: moving away from montreal
It was my best experience of work, loved the people I worked with and learned a great deal. First it was coffee before work with all supervisors and co-workers that is when we had a minute...my co-workers were very good to me always ready to help. It was very hard to leave but restructuration of the company was obliged. I enjoyed very much working at – more... Securitas. – less
A typical day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A security company with no room to grow. Also there are no benefits. But you have a job security.
It is a fun company to work for.
security guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2012
I Enjoyed working for securitas for the 4 years at panasonic before retiring.
Technoparc/ Bell canada / Bonaventure place
Security Guard (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 30, 2012
Pros: some places
Cons: 12 to16 hours
- Performed security guard duties for a busy office building in downtown Montreal.
- Completed interior and exterior patrol duties on foot and/or with security patrol car and logged ID's of all visitors as well as verified ID'S of all staff upon entry.
- Checked and logged ID's af all visitors as well as verified ID's of all upon entry.
Contract Work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 23, 2012
Customer comes first at expense of your safety and the security of the customers. Management does what they can with what they have to work with and are often caught in the middle. Better then other companies in the field. Keeping detailed personal notes is a must as clients will scapegoat for their own short comings.
Productive workplace that requires punctuality, respect for other coworker while promoting safer and better workplace enviroment.
Employee (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 4, 2012
A typical day at work will include the following:
The necessity of arriving at workplace on time.
Going over all memos left by the other guard:
Making sure all equipment and necessary documents are prepared.
To be helpful towards customers needs.
On of the most valuable skills i have learned in Securitas was to pay careful attention to customers needs, – more... while evaluating their request and finding the best, suitable solution.
The hardest part of the job is to fill an accurate report in case of accident.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the amount of free time given for observation of surrounding area. – less
I was able to maintain full time hours and a good shift
Security Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 30, 2012
Once I achieved seniority with the company I was able to obtain a comfortable and enjoyable work site and and regular shift. I truly enjoyed working with my most of my coworkers.
Poor
Security Officer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 17, 2014
Securitas is a good company but has very poor management. Doesnt treat employees equally. This is at the MD branch.
The Indians run the Company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 16, 2014
No Flexiable of Schedule. There are simple solutions to the issues but the supervisiors look out for there own teams not the overall well being of the company!!
Productive work place with a team environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Marlton, NJApril 16, 2014
This company takes the inititive to work with you and provide substantial team building skills.
N/A
Customer Service Escort (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: its a job, pretty easy
Cons: very poor management, constantly late & lazy coworkers, the cons just depend on the site
have been working at Securitas Security Services USA
Advice to Senior Management – get people that will do the job to a reasonable standard and show up on time
Great work place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 15, 2014
management is easy to work for and are easy going people.
never a hard time.
productive friendly
Security Guard (Former Employee), Denver Co.April 15, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: health care
Start 11 pm get up dated by commander of prior activity then go on foot patrol for an hour. Normally stop 3 groups of 4 or more teens horsing around on property. Mobile unit patrol of property made contact with cars that are occupied that have been in property for more then an hour. Break up romantic in lapses on property and have people removed. Removal – more... of drunks from bars on property stopped at least two fights a night. Shift and incident reports ( if necessary ) for rest of night. – less
Great for students, not a career
Security Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahApril 15, 2014
Pros: it's easy work
Cons: terrible benefits, chaotic work schedule
This job is pretty easy, but there is no loyalty. You will be sent to jobs that are ridiculous distances from your residency regularly. The benefits are pointless, because they nearly cost an entire pay check. You will be asked by the clients and Securitas to do extra work that do not fit into the Security job description, such as facilities work, maintenance, – more... and even scheduling. The job is great if you are a student, because you will most certainly have a lot of down time to do homework. – less
nice work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), boston, maApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexible
Team player and works well with others. Flexible shifts.Job security.
Fast pace work day
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 15, 2014
A work day is a work day. I have fun doing my job and dealing with the staff and fans. I'm always shift lead at the stadium and I make sure we get the job done.
if you want to steal from a company this is for you
security officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 15, 2014
I couldnt believe that the still do things with pen and paper. Most officers log 40 hours and only work 30. everyone was stealing time so I left. I want to earn my pay not steal it.

About Securitas

We protect homes, workplaces and society. Our core business is security services. The main service offering categories are specialized – Read more