Securitas
3,146 reviews

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company, owner, and upper management.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), ontarioAugust 4, 2013
Every site is different, I lucked out with a very active, consistently busy site and if not busy you could always find something productive to pass the time. Shifts flew by and so did 4 years of moving up within the company. I never would have left if I didn't run into an unfortunate site manager.
Overall was not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 24, 2013
Never gave the hours I wanted. Only had about 8 hours a week, managers were very nice people. Company upheld all policies. I worked alone.
place to get paycheck
Security officer (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 22, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: lack of knowledge
There was not a lot of communication between staff and management, there was miscommunication between staff to often, there was no orginization, training was lacking.
Good site: CBC/Radio Canada
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBJune 17, 2013
I'm working at CBC. Very friendly and nice people working in my site which makes it adorable place.
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2013
Pros: lunch break are paid
Cons: some sites requires long working sometimes upto 12 hours.
Friendly and highly engaged workforce. In a typical work day. One has to interact with several clients by directing and providing assistance.
What I learned is that people have different learning abilities. Others are fast learners while a slow learners. Adults have different learning preferences.
Since I enjoy interacting with people, providing solutions – more... to clients needs make me really feel happy working there. – less
Productive place to work
RECEPTION/SECURITY (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
Securitas is an over all okay place to work. They gave me a lot of opportunities to get a lot of extra licenses and were good with accommodating everyones schedule.

Hardest part about the job was if other people called in sick, securitas would call you last minute to come in and cover at a certain site and then once arriving there.. telling you that – more... your no longer needed, after driving all that way. – less
Decent work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABMay 30, 2013
Pros: can take you're time.
Cons: far drive to site.
There is not enough work to be done in the amount of time required to be there for so it is quite boring.
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2013
Access control and customer care
develop communication skills
team work
travel to different sites
Diversity in work culture
security professional (Current Employee), vancouver/Delta/SurreyMarch 25, 2013
Pros: not applicabe
Cons: not my field of work
survival job.
you get experience while working in different types of work environments and organisations.

Banks, Multinationals,Manufacturing,Labs,Government Buildings,
Refineries,Cbc Radios,Stadiums etc. gets you more exposure to meeting different types of work culture and duties and diversity in work.
the hardest part is the graveyard shift alone – more... in remote areas.
meeting diffrent types of work culture is the most enjoyable part. – less
Work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 20, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: long hours some times
Over all agood place to work when hours are there to work.
Co-workers are awsome an friendly.
Ive learned alot about security an different ways in dealing with situations.
The differences between branches are astonishing
Security Practitioner (Former Employee), Barrie, ON, and Belleville, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: working alone
Cons: not enough work.
A typical day at work was pretty solitary. Obviously, like any other security posting, chances are that you are working alone. The differences between branches is where the real issue comes into play.
The one I came from was much more strict when it came to dress code, and expectations. Notes and reports were collected, reviewed, and (if need be) discussed. – more... The Simcoe county branch for which I worked was an excellent organization- well organized (with few exceptions), and very professional; while maintaining a friendly atmosphere.
The branch to which I transfered was lax and disorganized. It was not uncommon to receive calls to come in for a shift that had already started. I was not impressed with how the Quinte region was being managed. I just stopped taking calls for work. The work was so sparse that I had to take a job at a call center.

Co-workers very much reflected how each branch was managed. In Simcoe County, I was able to get to know my co-workers, as we had steady postings. I don't think I could name a single one of my Quinte counterparts.
I enjoyed the part of the job that I also found the hardest: the solitary nature of my postings. – less
Radion and television broadcasting building
Security Guard (SECURITAS) CBC RADIO-CANADA (Current Employee), TORONTO,ONMarch 12, 2013
I enjoy working at this site because you get to learn a lot. this company have a huge area to cover but a few guard and it's 12h shift every day you on duty, which is not worth what the pay they guards.
A Gym to workout
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2013
Iwork at Mcgill University as a supervisor/ securitas our job is make sure and maintain control log all incoming and outgoing, enforce policies and procedures of company.
Friendly environment, giving information and sharing of ideas
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: nil
Cons: no fix day holidays leave
Most of the time is routine work, everyday there was different type of customer at Le Boulevard commercial centre, most people come and take about their life and jobs they did in the past and for me i take is as an advice from those people. As far as management is concern they were very friendly and ready to listen proposition from security agent so – more... that they can improve the service given to clients. It is very useful to work with older security agents cause they let you know the past experience they did have and i learn a lot about the job. the hardest moment was dealing with a person who was mentally ill, and it took me time to put him outside the commercial centre and the same time people was asking lots of questions. . the most enjoyments moment of my job is when rule and regulation was understood by all people everything was going according to security measures.. – less
Productive and good work experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), niagara fallsFebruary 6, 2013
working in security is great gives you alot of oppurtinity in different situations of this career
Very Professional, Friendly yet Effective Management team offering great opportunity in all Security related services with great benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: fringe benefits like unionized medical and dental coverage, vacation pay and safety shoes
Cons: long working hours
I have found this organization very professional, organized and effective offering core values of Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfullness in every aspect of security services it offers both to the clients and its employees.
Its a company providing Job security
Security Officer (Current Employee), various locations in the GTAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: at some locations i get to take breaks at no specific time
Cons: sometimes long hrs i.e. 12 hrs
My experience at Securitas taught me to work independently and be
responsible and accountable for my work.
So far the Best
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Love the place,co workers and employees. stress job whole lot of work depends on you. More and More responsible you have to take and commit to it.
Excellent
Security Guard/Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: stress
Its a fast paced Multitasking Work. Work is stressful but you will have your coworker and management support at all times. Great environment and i have learned a a lot.
Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), WinnipegJanuary 10, 2013
I learn the Basics of a security guard job and I got trained for working in a stressful environment..

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more