Securitas
3,480 reviews

Securitas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fair job
Patrol Officer - Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 6, 2013
Every day or every shift you are always learning something new.
but from day to day it is a very simple job to work at and co-workers are great to work at but does need some management review.
Security Guard floating shifts
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioOctober 30, 2013
Good company but management needs improvement. They talk about seniority but in fact do not follow it. Salary is basic. No benefits . I kept calling and calling for weeks, but they did not give me any shift even though I am working for them for last 3 months.
Security
Security Guard / Mobile response (Current Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 28, 2013
I do bldg checks as well as fixed post. my bosses are fair and good to work for. I usually am on my own and do not have many co-workers around me
Steady employment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioOctober 24, 2013
Pros: steady employment
Cons: no offers of advancement
I worked for this company for 8 years and have steady employment the whole time. but did not have advancement opportunities offered to me.
Work was fun flexible and independent
Security Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 4, 2013
Pros: it is a flexible work
Cons: no communication with the head office
I was a security guard working only on the weekends 12 hours each shift. The management was only in communication with me through cellphone and radio transmission. There was no measurement of production and less feedback from the head office no proper target and goals.
Team workplace.
Security Officer/Condo Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2013
Able to work independently.
Quality assurance.
Motivating.
Expose to new tactics to maintain order.
enjoyable
Security Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 23, 2013
working with diferent guards.

learned new exprience everyday.

Management are pros.

co-workers are nice and helpfull.
Security (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: life skills
Cons: can be dangerous
I interact with people from all walks of life and from this I Learn good people skills. Also management supplies courses on people skills.Co-workers are team players, which is great. In this type of employment you have challenges, dealing with people whose lives are messed up or just plain hurting. I see what goes on around me and I'm able to take inventory – more... of my own life. – less
Great clients to talk to from all over the place. The food is great
Security Guard (Current Employee), Rocanville, SKSeptember 11, 2013
A lot of walking, over 20 miles a night, 12 hour shifts. Stressful sometimes dealing with a lot of emergencies. Procedures and expectations are not very clear which adds to the stress and adds to the office politics.
Good Starting Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Mcmurray, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: pay
Securitas was a good stepping stone for me as a recently landed Immigrant.

The hours were Flexible and so I was able to fix my schedule so that my wife and I could take turns caring for our toddler

The Management was new and understaffed and so there were many issues but thankfully I never experienced any problems

I learned how to work in Canada – more... and the general Canadian work values like coming to work on time, honesty and integrity.

The best part of the job was meeting different people and interacting with them.

The worst part was the pay and a lack of organizational structure and processes – less
great company, owner, and upper management.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), ontarioAugust 4, 2013
Every site is different, I lucked out with a very active, consistently busy site and if not busy you could always find something productive to pass the time. Shifts flew by and so did 4 years of moving up within the company. I never would have left if I didn't run into an unfortunate site manager.
Overall was not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 24, 2013
Never gave the hours I wanted. Only had about 8 hours a week, managers were very nice people. Company upheld all policies. I worked alone.
place to get paycheck
Security officer (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 22, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: lack of knowledge
There was not a lot of communication between staff and management, there was miscommunication between staff to often, there was no orginization, training was lacking.
Good site: CBC/Radio Canada
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBJune 17, 2013
I'm working at CBC. Very friendly and nice people working in my site which makes it adorable place.
Fun working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 14, 2013
Pros: lunch break are paid
Cons: some sites requires long working sometimes upto 12 hours.
Friendly and highly engaged workforce. In a typical work day. One has to interact with several clients by directing and providing assistance.
What I learned is that people have different learning abilities. Others are fast learners while a slow learners. Adults have different learning preferences.
Since I enjoy interacting with people, providing solutions – more... to clients needs make me really feel happy working there. – less
Productive place to work
RECEPTION/SECURITY (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
Securitas is an over all okay place to work. They gave me a lot of opportunities to get a lot of extra licenses and were good with accommodating everyones schedule.

Hardest part about the job was if other people called in sick, securitas would call you last minute to come in and cover at a certain site and then once arriving there.. telling you that – more... your no longer needed, after driving all that way. – less
Decent work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABMay 30, 2013
Pros: can take you're time.
Cons: far drive to site.
There is not enough work to be done in the amount of time required to be there for so it is quite boring.
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2013
Access control and customer care
develop communication skills
team work
travel to different sites
Diversity in work culture
security professional (Current Employee), vancouver/Delta/SurreyMarch 25, 2013
Pros: not applicabe
Cons: not my field of work
survival job.
you get experience while working in different types of work environments and organisations.

Banks, Multinationals,Manufacturing,Labs,Government Buildings,
Refineries,Cbc Radios,Stadiums etc. gets you more exposure to meeting different types of work culture and duties and diversity in work.
the hardest part is the graveyard shift alone – more... in remote areas.
meeting diffrent types of work culture is the most enjoyable part. – less
Work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 20, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: long hours some times
Over all agood place to work when hours are there to work.
Co-workers are awsome an friendly.
Ive learned alot about security an different ways in dealing with situations.

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more