Securitas

Securitas Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Respectful, Hard-Workers
Security Practitioner (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: respectful staff
Cons: irregular hours
The office staff at Securitas are clearly hard workers interested in trying to do what is best for their employees. It's a fairly typical security company to work for, however the respect that comes down from the office is exemplary in this profession.
Lousy Place To Work With Lousy Pay and No Benefits
GM (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: pay, mistreatment, no benefits
Dont Work Here they mis treat you dont listen to you and generally treat you lousy
Awesome Team
(HALTERM) . Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 26, 2014
The atmosphere of the company is liuke extended Family , friendly , respectful ab=nd very good to work for .
Not a fun place at all ......
worked there (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 26, 2014
They expect you to be on call at all hours so if you have a life this is not the job for you!
Security Officer
Security Guard (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 24, 2014
I have worked security in several different places and areas. Inside factories, concerts, outside. Everyday was something new.
It was a fast paste job with lots of obsticles
Security Officer / Guard (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 24, 2014
Pros: i received my certificate
Cons: i did not want to be around so much canser with in the staffing
there seemed to be a lot of bickering and carings on there but for me personally the residents came first
More Shifts!
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: shortage of work
it was a great job but seasonal lay offs were to much. I learned alot of new things with this company. If there were more jobs I would like to work there.
Long hours - average Pay
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 9, 2014
Typically work 16-18 hour days, but only compensated for 8. One of the downfalls to salary.

Takes a toll on family life.
Securitas Canada
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: long hours
My duties were to deal with guards and our clients. Sometimes putting a lot of hours in witch made my job hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was when then client would call to tell us we done a great job on the site.
Well managed and flexible
Security Guard (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 25, 2014
Supervisors are friendly and willing to help work around your schedule. Pay is standard.
great place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 12, 2014
Pros: co-worker and clients and the public
Cons: management
A typical day at work I get to walk around and meet all kinds of people I get to walk inside of the building and outside of the building I get to run up and down five stairwells six floor apiece then I get to get yelled at by management for things I don't do but get blamed for anyways. my co-worker are the best part of the day we all get alone great. – more... And the client we work for are the best but our company that we work for is (if we like you .You get job advancement if we don't you get nothing even if you can and are able to do the job. you have to be friends with the boss first) What I learned was never get your hope up because know matter what you know if the boss don't like you don't get the advancement – less
Worst time of my life
Front Desk Guard / Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
They gave me crazy hours, and drained my life. Too much work for too little money and ridiculous hours. They should pay at least $15/hr for all sites rather than a starting of $12.75
Daytime Sargeant on Nortel site.
Security guard (Former Employee), Montreal areaMay 13, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: managment didn't understand needs of a single mother
Made security passes, checked cameras, ensured paperwork was handed in for pay time. Weekly check ups on equipment. Responsible for any emergency situations. Organized the security rounds.
A place that taught me how to multitask, speak wth employees and clients
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2014
Cons: long hours, unpredictable work days, large work area to cover.
My typical day as a Field Supervisor had me doing site inspections, on/off site paper work, minor scheduling and trouble shooting issues that came across throughout the night. I learned how to multitask, the right and wrong way to speak with clients, employees, and our management team to ensure effective communication.

The hardest part of my job is – more... also, at times, the easiest portion of my job. Scheduling last minute requests/book offs. Some days our employees are willing to work, and others no one seems to answer their phones making it difficult to fill requests in a timely manner. – less
Fun working place
Security Guard (Current Employee), WindsorApril 16, 2014
Very friendly people. They are a good company. My co workers were nice and easy to get along with.
A dependable employer
Professional Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
Like all Security Industry work, this involves protecting the people, property and information of the client.
Structured environment
Ontario Security Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
- Trained all new Securitas security officers across Ontario
- Submitted test results, test documentation, and training hours to the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Managed all new security officer recruit documentation

- Test and train users on new scheduling software
- Created test cases
- Provide user support and assistance – more... during roll out
- Gathered requirements during pre-launch – less
Valuable work experience
Security Guard (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management and scheduling
Management needs to work on its communication skills and treat employees with respect.

Did not provide me with hours, gave me the run around and made promises did not honor them
Awesome company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee), windsor ontarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Benefits are great and the and I enjoy the staff I work with. Monitoring site access, facility patrols and survaillence are part of my daily duties on the job
Great sites!
Security guard (Former Employee), LoblwasFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: scheduling manager
Cons: the scheduling manager's manager.
Securitas is by far the best security company to work for within Toronto, however their management is horrible!

1 2 3 4 5

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more