Securitas

Securitas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Get to work individually
Cons: long hours
Doing security work as a floater was a challenge. The most difficult part about being a security guard was working the strikes i.e. Coca Cola. The most enjoyable part was getting the experience to work alone just to see how much I'd be able to handle on my own
interesting
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: interesting
Cons: weird hours
Assisting visitors, patients and all levels of staff. Accomplishing all required duties within time alloted. Attend to patients who are in crisis situations with crisis intervention
Bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Everything else
This was my first job as a security guard. You can tell they are lacking employees. Management was all over the place and very rude and disorganized I ended up being forced resign because even though I was a floater I wasn't able to miss anytime.
professional
Security guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed working there, I worked the evening shift which allowed me to attend an academic program in the morning, since there was a lack of social interraction it felt lonly sometimes, but it was still convenient for my situation as a student
A good starting point.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Long hours, pay.
Securitas is a good starting point in the industry. They are of the "Observe and Report" school of thought, which in my opinion tends to limit them in the current security market. They provide lots of – more... training for those who want it.
Management tends to be supportive of staff in general.
Co-workers tend to vary from site to site. Generally they are good.
The hardest part of the job tends to be the shifts. – less
Good workplace environment. Good wages and benefits.
Security Guard for Loomis, Coca Cola (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 16, 2015
A professional security company with a small footprint on the west coast. They have some issues with keeping and acquiring new clients.
no work/life balance
Office Agent (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJune 16, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and breaks
Cons: no work/life balance
They have interesting contracts but no work/life balance which very important to working parents.

Doing mostly administrative paper work
Enjoyable job: interacting with a lot of people daily.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Sudbury, ON / Fort McMurray, AlbertaJune 5, 2015
Pros: vehicule patrolling
Cons: Standing and walking
Patrolling, Monitoring Surveillance, Access Control, Conduct investigation, observing, detecting, reporting. You learn how to assist and protect people, properties and how to deal with critical situations. – more... How to communicate and manage assigned missions. Conducting leadership. Hardest part is the human challenge: work condition, lack of sleeping, standing long hours... But it s an enjoyable work when you learn how respect people and being rescpected. Bringing out the human dimension. – less
Excellent Work/Studies balance
Security Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 5, 2015
During my time at Securitas, I had perfect balance of work and studies. Definitely recommend it for students. It also allows you to meet new and different people. Definitely recommend it to build and expand your professional network.
Good starting job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Busy work schedule every day, learn how to meet the deadlines, multitasking. Work environment was friendly, pay scale use to be good under previous union.
Enjoyed the challenges
OFFICIER D'ASSIGNATIONS DES HORAIRES (Former Employee), Pierre Eliott Trudeau Airport MontrealMay 25, 2015
Pros: working to help the agents
Cons: No Breaks
Typical day
Busy non stop from the moment I started till end of day.
Enjoyed the challenges each day.
Loved working with the Airports and doing their schedules .
Enjoyed working with the security agents.
Great Place to work
Area Administration Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 22, 2015
Great People, Great Team.. conversion of systems and change in structure left some of us unemployed. Otherwise a great place to work.
A lot of responsibility and effort put in for a small reward.
Mobile Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 13, 2015
Given a list of events/places to visit per shift. Responsible for completing all events, responding to any alarms, transporting guards, dropping off and picking up packages.
Good place to work. Good administrative support.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 28, 2015
Day to day guard routine
Good administrative support
Flexible hours
Free Uniform
Union Benefits
A lot of overtime in Mobile Unit
Lots of fun people to work with if you the hours fit your need
Bilingual Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work would be taking in guard request and following up with the guards on site insuring their safety and updating our awareness of each location being serviced across Canada.

I have – more... learned many different procedures as to how to go about dealing with a sensitive situation.

learned to work in a 24hrs/7 schedule, with having to work
different hours each week. (adjusting my sleep accordingly)

learned how to manage a situation with supervision.

co-workers were fun to work with as we saw each other very often and it being a small call center everyone knew each other fairly well.

hardest part is when we are short staffed and receiving pressure from management.

sometimes there is a lot of down time and team gets to know each other and have good conversations. – less
Good place to gain experience
Security Guard (Current Employee), durhamApril 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
with securitas, i get sent out to various sites and venues to provide security. i gain new experience every time i work at different sites, not only do i provide security, i learn more about the outside world!
Excellent work environment
Security Practitioner (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: zero
The job everyday is a new day of learning on the job situations and resolutions, great work environment, great team and team leaders.
Security Officer/ Security Trainer (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 16, 2015
They will try to make you work 14hr shifts and all holidays including Xmas. They will also move you from site without notice.
Good job to learn how to think outside the box
Canadian National Call Center Lead (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 3, 2015
Comfortable and safe environment.

Training time could be more extensive and provide more time

Worked with a divers group of people
Patrol, alarms, badges phones
Security Guard/ Reception (Current Employee), Dartmouth NSFebruary 26, 2015
- Patrols, making badges, answering phones, inputting information on the computer, dispatching alarms

- how to be vigilant

- Management is ok

- Co-Workers great

- I enjoy the enviorment

1 2 3 4 5

About Securitas

Door de juiste inzet van mens, kennis en techniek vinden we de ideale ‘veiligheidsbalans’ voor iedere situatie. Dat – Read more