Securitas
3,760 reviews

Securitas Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worked as a security guard
EZ workforce Temp-agency (Former Employee), winnipeg MBFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: different job sites
Cons: long hours alone
It was a good job except all the sites i had to drive to. The hours were inconsistent and the job tasks were harder labour than what you get paid for. Otherwise it was a decent job.
excellece of placements and co-workers
Security Guard (Current Employee), North York, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great boss
Cons: not alot of placements
An overall terrific place to be at times the boss would call make sure all is ok, never put in harms way always respectful, due diligence all the time everyday.
For any Security Guards - Awsome Job!
Supervisor (Current Employee), OttawaJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: easy no stress, paid to sit around, fair money, great place to make some friends
Cons: shift work, boring at times, few hours available when starting
Salary is fair and can actually can be very good depending on the site you are sent. Management have a role and must deal with "bad apples" on a daily basis. Negative criticism will always be there. If only people would stop complaining and change their attitude, they would realize these jobs are only stepping stones prior to moving on. Ideal jobs for the young who wants references, perfect for retirees and fantastic for whoever wants a job with no pressure.
No communication, will no stand up for you
Security Guard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJanuary 14, 2015
I had a very good position as a security guard with this company for two years. Head management barely did any interaction with us. Something happened when a conflict arose and I, the most senor, was pulled from the site. Not only that, I wasn't told FOR A WHOLE WEEK after WHY I was pulled. They didn't ask for my side of the issue and instead just left me to rot. The union seems to be communication grounds and the only reason that there is talking at all.
its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: management and long hours
its an ok job ... management sucks but either than that its not to bad and the pay is great for my specific work site.long hours and shift work... 12 hour days 12 hour nights ....
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: learning new important things all the time
Cons: n/a
It really depends on the site your at.

My most favorite one was Bombardier Aerospace. I worked with Flight Operations and Fire Fighters on a daily basis, learned Dispatch and all that comes with it, responded to Fire/Medical/Criminal calls, and it really pointed me in the direction I'd like to be in for future opportunities.

Aviation and Corporate Security
i did not like it
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 24, 2014
Pros: 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Cons: 5:00am to 300pm
i hate the job there did not work together at all i like it there but no one would help you find stuff thay need to work on that
Great supportive company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: low pay
This company gave me a great deal of opportunities to advance myself while providing the tools and training required to do so.
A Problem Solving Job
Senior Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioDecember 14, 2014
Pros: work with the best co workers who will always go out of their way to help
Cons: working 12 hours night shift
Responding to Alarm calls, completing daily tasks, helping other drivers on the road, while reporting everything to dispatch at a fast paced on a daily basis.
Not the best if you need full time
Security Guard (Current Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 5, 2014
This company is union based so first that means you pay dues. Second it means if a more senior members site is closed you can be bumped from your full-time spot, and if you don't hold high seniority it means you lose out on getting another full-time site. The Branch in Barrie also seems to lack in new full-time contracts making me question the drive of management in the sales aspect. Some people or great too work with, while others are the laziest rudest around. Also don't trust your pay, as it is usually and regularly wrong. Hours get missed sometimes even a whole week can be. You will also not get any thanks for the work you do, but thats the nature of the beast.
sometimes boring sometime i get to work with fun people
Security Guard (Former Employee), 404 and shapperdDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: working alone
i arrive on site the time i start and get all the info from the guar who is working she shift before me and protect the property that im working on.
i have to do petrols ever 2 hours and call the head office and let them know.
i mostly work alone
Good job, poor management
Security Practitioner (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2014
Working for Securitas is a confusing and often frustrating experience, the ever changing management team is eccentric and scatterbrained to put it mildly and in semi-complimentary terms. The work itself is quite enjoyable and very do-able, but that is in extreme juxtaposition with those running the company.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: low responsibility
Cons: low pay low hours
Ok for temporary work, expect harsh conditions for low pay.
Number 2 in the world for a reason!
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free uniforms and training
Cons: not that i can think of
PROS:
- Great Company to work for
- Benefits after 3 months or 25 hrs a week
- Pay depends on the site, but above average in the industry
- HR overall process great, clear expectations and your goals

CONS:
Not that I can think of
Being a security guard was one of my most rewarding jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Monctron , NBOctober 30, 2014
Lots of hours , lots of jobs so things never got boring. Great job
Great company
Recruiting & Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
I started in this company as basic administrator and worked my way up to department manager
Great
Security Guard (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 30, 2014
I truly had a great time with the company however it was cut short due to the fact that I enrolled in University at the time.
Not aware of this pool table!
Security Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2014
A typical work day at work starts with coming in for shift prepared, clean uniform, day book, lunch,leave problems at home, mingle with co-workers before shift starts, retain good information that will serve later,be safe, follow protocol! Important to communicate with management keep them aware of how things are at your post and appreciate the hard work they do for the company and yourself.
The hardest part of a job is working alone on a site you can't leave!
The most enjoyable part of the job is working 12 hour shifts and meeting people that you can help or simply chat with!
Respectful, Hard-Workers
Security Practitioner (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: respectful staff
Cons: irregular hours
The office staff at Securitas are clearly hard workers interested in trying to do what is best for their employees. It's a fairly typical security company to work for, however the respect that comes down from the office is exemplary in this profession.
Lousy Place To Work With Lousy Pay and No Benefits
GM (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Cons: pay, mistreatment, no benefits
Dont Work Here they mis treat you dont listen to you and generally treat you lousy

1 2 3 4 5

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more