Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
salary, company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
low salary, no raise. Union only. Management do not take care of their employees and do not take seriously if there is an issue to take care of.
Its Nice to work with Securitas
Security Guard (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 26, 2015
Pros: free treats
Cons: long hours
This company is good. But i need permanent Location and full time hours. Looking Forward to this. One day i did a shift of 12 hours. My co workers are very helpful.
fun workplace, lots of concentration required,
Agente de contrôle (Current Employee), Dorval QuebecOctober 25, 2015
Supportive management, lots of brief meetings concerning the aviation security. Many changes are done that can confuse employees and may lead to a breach.
Low pay for non Management Employees
Client Service Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: I traveled extensively with the Company
Cons: Low pay for non Management
Securitas Canada was a great employer for me to work for. Although if you do not land a Management level job, pay is terrible and advancement in the company probably not going to happen.
low wage and hardly ever worked
Security Guard (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 19, 2015
Cons: low pay, no steady work
This company was poorly run. Then right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. I hardly ever worked and I was there for 6 months. They also paid me min wage for something I had to pay more to get (licencing). The work was boring and uneventful.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
A GOOD PLACE TPO WORK.NEED TO BE A GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT.ABLE TO HANDLE FAST WORK SCHEDULES.SOME TIME WORK LONGER HOURS.STILL NEED TO BE IMPROVE EMPLOYEE BENE3FITS.
Tiring if not fully fit for the job.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Long hours
I only worked when they called me in. One weekend i had three 12 hour over night shifts in a row. I could barely walk for the rest of the week.

It was tough when you are not fully prepared for it. But you cannot prepare since the days are random. I have been called in to do an overnight shift at 6pm that night.

I mostly show up, walk around and lock doors, check the area and that is about it. But in the dead of winter it can be killer.
fun co workers
Security Guard (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 13, 2015
just make every day a good one and hopefully made a impression on someone.Work well with others and make people smile have great coworkers
The general atmosphere was warm,productive and knowledge base
Security Guard (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 12, 2015
Pros: customer friendly orientated
Cons: when their bad report on your co-worker
You would enjoyed meeting and greeting internal and external customers,safeguarding entrance and exit but sometimes hard to dealt with unruly customers.
Fast Paced environment
Regional Branch Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 11, 2015
Securitas management is a fast paced environment, you must be able to multi task without hesitation. The atmosphere is great, very fun.
Very limited available hours and disorganized placement when working
Security Officer (Former Employee), TD Place. Ottawa. ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Fun Setting and free games and shows (While you work)
Cons: Little hours, very unorganized
The available shifts were usually 1-2 shifts a week that were 5-10 hours long.
When arriving at work the duties for the day were very unclear and majority of the time you were just 'picked" by a wandering supervisor and put in a random location.
Back-up for difficult situations was rare as no radios were given and if you did recieve back-up they were of little help.
Management was and other staff were on the most part very nice and friendly but managment could be difficult to get in touch with.
Little to no lunch area and lockers were very limited and usually taken.
Watching over construction sites for theft and vandalism
Security guard (Current Employee), ottawaOctober 3, 2015
Pros: less work load
Cons: long days without productive work
I had to watch and protect various sites given to me by the employer which included apartment buildings, construction sites, schools, plazas. I had to look out for any sort of suspicious activity like theft or vandalism and report it to the Police.
Diversity and opportunity
Facilities/Security Officer (Current Employee), 844 Don Mills Rd.September 11, 2015
Pros: People are fun to work with
Cons: Weekend shift
Securitas have many sites where an employee has option to choose where to work. Good management and provide opportunity to grow in the company.
It's an OK employer to work for
Security Guard / Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Relatively well managed
Cons: Lots of night shifts
Not the best employer I've ever had and not the worst either. They're OK.

Security work in general is relatively easy to do. You will usually start off as a floater (fill in for other guards). Permanent posts will be advertised on the company's job line and you can bid on the post offering of your choice. Selection of guards for the post is based on seniority and qualifications.

Bare in mind this is shift work, and guards with higher seniority will obviously choose the nicer shifts (days, evenings)
Lots of shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Get to work individually
Cons: long hours
Doing security work as a floater was a challenge. The most difficult part about being a security guard was working the strikes i.e. Coca Cola. The most enjoyable part was getting the experience to work alone just to see how much I'd be able to handle on my own
Productive at some point
Fulltime Guard (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 23, 2015
Pay rate is okay but much been more higher and better,
use of force is not included, unless your site requires it.
Union benefit is great though, no complain to that
interesting
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: interesting
Cons: weird hours
Assisting visitors, patients and all levels of staff. Accomplishing all required duties within time alloted. Attend to patients who are in crisis situations with crisis intervention
Bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Everything else
This was my first job as a security guard. You can tell they are lacking employees. Management was all over the place and very rude and disorganized I ended up being forced resign because even though I was a floater I wasn't able to miss anytime.
professional
Security guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed working there, I worked the evening shift which allowed me to attend an academic program in the morning, since there was a lack of social interraction it felt lonly sometimes, but it was still convenient for my situation as a student
A good starting point.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Long hours, pay.
Securitas is a good starting point in the industry. They are of the "Observe and Report" school of thought, which in my opinion tends to limit them in the current security market. They provide lots of training for those who want it.
Management tends to be supportive of staff in general.
Co-workers tend to vary from site to site. Generally they are good.
The hardest part of the job tends to be the shifts.