Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Unfair
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2016
My partners at my sight were amazing, But the hours were brutal doing 48 hours a week on mix shifts Working 3 graveyards Mon,Tue,Wed, then Two 12 hour mornings Sat and Sun, i would finish at 7 am on my day off....and that would pretty much ruin my day, and then i would have to spend my Friday fixing my sleep schedule so i can be in for a 12 hour shift from 8 am to 8 pm Sat,and Sun. this destroyed my health and relationship. I've now been moved from my sight with no word and with doubts of getting anymore work.
Pros
Great Fellow Workers, and Relative easy sights
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Hours, Bad Benefits plan, Horrible Pay, Labor Laws and Human Right's Laws being broken.
Very busy environment. Huge turnover in staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 March 2016
I found this company to be rather poorly run. Management changed several times during the course of my employment, as did office staff. There seemed to be a lot of disorganization stemming from head office decisions, which kept a lot of the staff off-balance. I recall my experience as an employee of Securitas as being very stressful, although I did like the staff.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Poor organizational skills on behalf of management.
A good solid employment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 March 2016
An excellent company with dedicated management and driven supervisors. A variety of locations to choose from though limited positions in winter.
Pros
driven and helpful management
Cons
lack of hours during winter months
Good starter or retirement company
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 February 2016
If you are looking to get some experience in the Security Industry, this company is a good in. Established offices in each town. The hours are very demanding and require you to be on call 24hrs a day 7 days a week. The main shifts are mostly overnight, weekends, and holidays. It's unionised and the benefits packages are decent. It was a good stepping stone into management and getting to build my own team was a wonderful experience. As management, the job is great. To start, it can be very demanding and low paying. Overall, it helped me to make split second decisions correctly and with the whole team dynamic in mind.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad pay, 12-16+ hour shifts
Recommended for serious applicants
Security Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2016
Being that Securitas is the first security company for which I've ever worked, I have nothing but the upmost respect and gratitude for them. They are accommodating to anyone who is new to the security arena. I'd highly recommend them for neophytes.
My only suggestion to Securitas be that they pay their guards more. Some sites are difficult to handle. Therefore, an increased rate of compensation would be an advantageous inducement for anyone, both rookies and seasoned guards.
Pros
Steelworkers' Union
Cons
Long hours (12 +), Management doesn't communicate too readily.
Well managed . Good values and protocols
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I learn to treat people with respect and be accountable of many small tasks. It is hard when more than 1 unsual occurrences happen at a time..
Nice easy secluded site, develop on our own
Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2016
Learned to work alone and progress, deal with many situations without guidance all the time, i liked it because taught me to stand on my own 2 feet and not follow someone around all the time.
Pros
working alone
Cons
long hours at night
poor work/poor pay/poor management
SECURITY GUARD / SECURITY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
Not a long term job at all. There is 0 growth with this company. Management will take advantage of you all the time. Make you work 16hrs a day and cancel shift last min
Pros
i don't work there anymore
Cons
a lot
secure job
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, airport23 January 2016
good training, and you will learn a lot of different skills needed for the environment you are working in. Sometimes found scheduling and management to be unorganized. This can be a long term career and you certainly will be introduced to different cultures and backgrounds both as co - workers and passengers. There seems to be a lot of chances for advancement if you choose to do so. Starting pay rate is above average for Nova Scotia.
Pros
great health benifits
we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and restaurant,you can buy a drink or eat
Surveillant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2016
our management is well organized, all my colleagues are honest and we are a solid team at work.we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and a restaurant where you can eat or buy a drink. each has its tasks to do, the supervisor is to ensure that the job is well done.Each of your shift you must make a brief report and contact your supervisor before leaving your post. Monitoring arts, accompany visitors
Good place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
Still working on call. It's a great place to work at but at the moment there hasn't been enough shifts. I used to work 46 hours a week but the client didn't need security anymore and now I'm back to being on call.