Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Unfair
Security Guard (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Great Fellow Workers, and Relative easy sights
Cons: Bad Management, Bad Hours, Bad Benefits plan, Horrible Pay, Labor Laws and Human Right's Laws being broken.
My partners at my sight were amazing, But the hours were brutal doing 48 hours a week on mix shifts Working 3 graveyards Mon,Tue,Wed, then Two 12 hour mornings Sat and Sun, i would finish at 7 am on my day off....and that would pretty much ruin my day, and then i would have to spend my Friday fixing my sleep schedule so i can be in for a 12 hour shift from 8 am to 8 pm Sat,and Sun. this destroyed my health and relationship. I've now been moved from my sight with no word and with doubts of getting anymore work.
Very busy environment. Huge turnover in staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Friendly co-workers.
Cons: Poor organizational skills on behalf of management.
I found this company to be rather poorly run. Management changed several times during the course of my employment, as did office staff. There seemed to be a lot of disorganization stemming from head office decisions, which kept a lot of the staff off-balance. I recall my experience as an employee of Securitas as being very stressful, although I did like the staff.
Good starter or retirement company
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Bad pay, 12-16+ hour shifts
If you are looking to get some experience in the Security Industry, this company is a good in. Established offices in each town. The hours are very demanding and require you to be on call 24hrs a day 7 days a week. The main shifts are mostly overnight, weekends, and holidays. It's unionised and the benefits packages are decent. It was a good stepping stone into management and getting to build my own team was a wonderful experience. As management, the job is great. To start, it can be very demanding and low paying. Overall, it helped me to make split second decisions correctly and with the whole team dynamic in mind.
Recommended for serious applicants
Security Control Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Steelworkers' Union
Cons: Long hours (12 +), Management doesn't communicate too readily.
Being that Securitas is the first security company for which I've ever worked, I have nothing but the upmost respect and gratitude for them. They are accommodating to anyone who is new to the security arena. I'd highly recommend them for neophytes.
My only suggestion to Securitas be that they pay their guards more. Some sites are difficult to handle. Therefore, an increased rate of compensation would be an advantageous inducement for anyone, both rookies and seasoned guards.
secure job
Screening Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, airportJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: great health benifits
good training, and you will learn a lot of different skills needed for the environment you are working in. Sometimes found scheduling and management to be unorganized. This can be a long term career and you certainly will be introduced to different cultures and backgrounds both as co - workers and passengers. There seems to be a lot of chances for advancement if you choose to do so. Starting pay rate is above average for Nova Scotia.
we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and restaurant,you can buy a drink or eat
Surveillant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2016
our management is well organized, all my colleagues are honest and we are a solid team at work.we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and a restaurant where you can eat or buy a drink. each has its tasks to do, the supervisor is to ensure that the job is well done.Each of your shift you must make a brief report and contact your supervisor before leaving your post. Monitoring arts, accompany visitors
Security Officer
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Worked independtly, people were friendly
Cons: worked stagnant hours during the weekends
Access control by using CCTV cameras . Wrote shift & occurrence reports . Trailer inventory list as the unloading & loading of equipment , container drums .
Seasonal inventory checklist , on a week night basis such as machinery and maintenance of the site
Excellent place of employement
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: n/a
Securitas,
Provided me with a soild source of income . thier team is goal oriented and provides excellent support to thier fellow co-workers.

i recommend securitas to any person seeking work in the security profession.
Tiring if not fully fit for the job.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Long hours
I only worked when they called me in. One weekend i had three 12 hour over night shifts in a row. I could barely walk for the rest of the week.

It was tough when you are not fully prepared for it. But you cannot prepare since the days are random. I have been called in to do an overnight shift at 6pm that night.

I mostly show up, walk around and lock doors, check the area and that is about it. But in the dead of winter it can be killer.
A good solid employment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: driven and helpful management
Cons: lack of hours during winter months
An excellent company with dedicated management and driven supervisors. A variety of locations to choose from though limited positions in winter.
Nice easy secluded site, develop on our own
Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: working alone
Cons: long hours at night
Learned to work alone and progress, deal with many situations without guidance all the time, i liked it because taught me to stand on my own 2 feet and not follow someone around all the time.
it was great to work there
Guard (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 9, 2016
Pros: great company to work for at the time i was working there
Cons: not enough hours
they will always work with you if you have work place issues and they were great to work for here in st. johns NL the shifts would consist 12 hours
poor work/poor pay/poor management
SECURITY GUARD / SECURITY TRAINER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: i don't work there anymore
Cons: a lot
Not a long term job at all. There is 0 growth with this company. Management will take advantage of you all the time. Make you work 16hrs a day and cancel shift last min
Very limited available hours and disorganized placement when working
Security Officer (Former Employee), TD Place. Ottawa. ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Fun Setting and free games and shows (While you work)
Cons: Little hours, very unorganized
The available shifts were usually 1-2 shifts a week that were 5-10 hours long.
When arriving at work the duties for the day were very unclear and majority of the time you were just 'picked" by a wandering supervisor and put in a random location.
Back-up for difficult situations was rare as no radios were given and if you did recieve back-up they were of little help.
Management was and other staff were on the most part very nice and friendly but managment could be difficult to get in touch with.
Little to no lunch area and lockers were very limited and usually taken.
Un-less you have a posted site to work at, good luck in finding steady work !
Security Guard (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Honestly.....i can't think of one.
Cons: Just not enough work it seems, here in the Belleville region
Does'nt make sense.
Been with company for 11 years.
Left my posted site 5 months ago.
Since then i am barely receiving any work here in the Belleville area.
I am lucky to get 8 to 16 hours a week.
This branch has changed so much, and not for the better.
Poorly managed area, don't know who my boss is , and there is no one in the Belleville office now.( we report to the Peterborough office , and before that, Ottawa ! [for a few months ] )
I have come to the conclusion that there is not enough work here
in Belleville, or, they have forgotten me.....or don't care any-more.
11 years. Will not stay with this company any-more.
I hope i can get full-time work with other security companies in this area.
Like the way it used to be with Securitas/Belleville.
I feel so ....lost. Like they don't know who i am. Just a number now.
It was'nt always this way.
Well managed . Good values and protocols
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I learn to treat people with respect and be accountable of many small tasks. It is hard when more than 1 unsual occurrences happen at a time..
Watching over construction sites for theft and vandalism
Security guard (Current Employee), ottawaOctober 3, 2015
Pros: less work load
Cons: long days without productive work
I had to watch and protect various sites given to me by the employer which included apartment buildings, construction sites, schools, plazas. I had to look out for any sort of suspicious activity like theft or vandalism and report it to the Police.
Good place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Still working on call. It's a great place to work at but at the moment there hasn't been enough shifts. I used to work 46 hours a week but the client didn't need security anymore and now I'm back to being on call.
It's an OK employer to work for
Security Guard / Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Relatively well managed
Cons: Lots of night shifts
Not the best employer I've ever had and not the worst either. They're OK.

Security work in general is relatively easy to do. You will usually start off as a floater (fill in for other guards). Permanent posts will be advertised on the company's job line and you can bid on the post offering of your choice. Selection of guards for the post is based on seniority and qualifications.

Bare in mind this is shift work, and guards with higher seniority will obviously choose the nicer shifts (days, evenings)
Low pay for non Management Employees
Client Service Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: I traveled extensively with the Company
Cons: Low pay for non Management
Securitas Canada was a great employer for me to work for. Although if you do not land a Management level job, pay is terrible and advancement in the company probably not going to happen.