Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Well managed . Good values and protocols
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I learn to treat people with respect and be accountable of many small tasks. It is hard when more than 1 unsual occurrences happen at a time..
Nice easy secluded site, develop on our own
Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: working alone
Cons: long hours at night
Learned to work alone and progress, deal with many situations without guidance all the time, i liked it because taught me to stand on my own 2 feet and not follow someone around all the time.
poor work/poor pay/poor management
SECURITY GUARD / SECURITY TRAINER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: i don't work there anymore
Cons: a lot
Not a long term job at all. There is 0 growth with this company. Management will take advantage of you all the time. Make you work 16hrs a day and cancel shift last min
secure job
Screening Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, airportJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: great health benifits
good training, and you will learn a lot of different skills needed for the environment you are working in. Sometimes found scheduling and management to be unorganized. This can be a long term career and you certainly will be introduced to different cultures and backgrounds both as co - workers and passengers. There seems to be a lot of chances for advancement if you choose to do so. Starting pay rate is above average for Nova Scotia.
we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and restaurant,you can buy a drink or eat
Surveillant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2016
our management is well organized, all my colleagues are honest and we are a solid team at work.we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and a restaurant where you can eat or buy a drink. each has its tasks to do, the supervisor is to ensure that the job is well done.Each of your shift you must make a brief report and contact your supervisor before leaving your post. Monitoring arts, accompany visitors
Good place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Still working on call. It's a great place to work at but at the moment there hasn't been enough shifts. I used to work 46 hours a week but the client didn't need security anymore and now I'm back to being on call.
Good work culture, love to work environment
Security officer/Security Guard (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 18, 2015
Good Management, High scope of learning, Challenging, A good job for the freshers. A good company and management to work with.
security gaurd watched a hole
Security Guard (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 14, 2015
Cons: long hours, bad wage
watched a hole in the ground, also was a guard for a trucking lot checking trucks and trailers as they came in, used excel on a daily basis
Security Officer
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Worked independtly, people were friendly
Cons: worked stagnant hours during the weekends
Access control by using CCTV cameras . Wrote shift & occurrence reports . Trailer inventory list as the unloading & loading of equipment , container drums .
Seasonal inventory checklist , on a week night basis such as machinery and maintenance of the site
Very flexible hours and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2015
This job is very flexible for my hours as a student in college. The work is very relaxed but consists of long hours though. Pay is near minimum.
Un-less you have a posted site to work at, good luck in finding steady work !
Security Guard (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Honestly.....i can't think of one.
Cons: Just not enough work it seems, here in the Belleville region
Does'nt make sense.
Been with company for 11 years.
Left my posted site 5 months ago.
Since then i am barely receiving any work here in the Belleville area.
I am lucky to get 8 to 16 hours a week.
This branch has changed so much, and not for the better.
Poorly managed area, don't know who my boss is , and there is no one in the Belleville office now.( we report to the Peterborough office , and before that, Ottawa ! [for a few months ] )
I have come to the conclusion that there is not enough work here
in Belleville, or, they have forgotten me.....or don't care any-more.
11 years. Will not stay with this company any-more.
I hope i can get full-time work with other security companies in this area.
Like the way it used to be with Securitas/Belleville.
I feel so ....lost. Like they don't know who i am. Just a number now.
It was'nt always this way.
Great company to work for
Security Shift Supervisor at Agha Khan Museum (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
This is a company that will allow staff the opportunity to grow. Pay is always great, and there are many benefits provided. Training is provided and paid. Uniforms are free. Overall very good employer to work for.
typical security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
this company doesnt have many sites in durham, ive only been working at one site for the past 6 months for only 2 days a week. i sit in a car and site watch for 12 hours. management is somewhat okay!
salary, company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
low salary, no raise. Union only. Management do not take care of their employees and do not take seriously if there is an issue to take care of.
Its Nice to work with Securitas
Security Guard (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 26, 2015
Pros: free treats
Cons: long hours
This company is good. But i need permanent Location and full time hours. Looking Forward to this. One day i did a shift of 12 hours. My co workers are very helpful.
fun workplace, lots of concentration required,
Agente de contrôle (Current Employee), Dorval QuebecOctober 25, 2015
Supportive management, lots of brief meetings concerning the aviation security. Many changes are done that can confuse employees and may lead to a breach.
Low pay for non Management Employees
Client Service Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: I traveled extensively with the Company
Cons: Low pay for non Management
Securitas Canada was a great employer for me to work for. Although if you do not land a Management level job, pay is terrible and advancement in the company probably not going to happen.
low wage and hardly ever worked
Security Guard (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 19, 2015
Cons: low pay, no steady work
This company was poorly run. Then right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. I hardly ever worked and I was there for 6 months. They also paid me min wage for something I had to pay more to get (licencing). The work was boring and uneventful.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
A GOOD PLACE TPO WORK.NEED TO BE A GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT.ABLE TO HANDLE FAST WORK SCHEDULES.SOME TIME WORK LONGER HOURS.STILL NEED TO BE IMPROVE EMPLOYEE BENE3FITS.
Tiring if not fully fit for the job.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa OnOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Long breaks
Cons: Long hours
I only worked when they called me in. One weekend i had three 12 hour over night shifts in a row. I could barely walk for the rest of the week.

It was tough when you are not fully prepared for it. But you cannot prepare since the days are random. I have been called in to do an overnight shift at 6pm that night.

I mostly show up, walk around and lock doors, check the area and that is about it. But in the dead of winter it can be killer.
Headquarters
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
2 Campus Drive