Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

No career advancement
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
No career advancement. Poor management decision making. Scheduling is very bad that's why people opted to quit their jobs here. And if you don't follow what the management wants they will find a way to fire you.
a company good to work
Security officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2017
A company known for it's services. a company good to work with.one of the best security company, makes the employees pround.

Efficient and excellent client services.
Pros
good environment, supporting management
Cons
as such nothing negative
Great leadership
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 August 2017
Great leadership - treated me well- western Canada good avp. supportive - would go back - good benefits - staff good - great security programs - needs more training for managers
Don't expect regular pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick4 August 2017
In working for this company, don't expect to be paid on time regularly, or to receive a complete pay check. Been with the company almost 4 months, and have had pay messed up more than twice. Has taken up to two weeks for them to correct an error of more than $1,000 on my payroll. Meanwhile, rent and other bills were left unpaid because of their mess-up. And in the end, was made to feel like it was my fault that THEY messed up on my pay.

Ground level management is amazing. Very supportive, understanding, and is right there doing the job with you. Upper management is clueless and would rather please the client than to stand up for their employees; even when the employee is the one in the right.
Pros
Ground level management
Cons
Pay, Upper Management, Payroll Dept, Benefits
Great company
Security (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
Great company to work for. Great environment. I secured a chemical plant .I learned customer service and great patience . The hardest part of the job was patrol because it was working alone in the wilderness night shift using only radio contact. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other staff day shift .
currently working here with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
in look for working with some bigger firms in future where i can show my experience and skills in better way. It was good to be part of this firm. Looking forward to be part of some other companies
productive and gain experience
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
I have learned a lot from the company. Especially the positions that i filled. i worked in office buildings for some time. Moreover, I worked as a concierge doing desk work and patrols in Cadburry chocolate factory.
very diverse working environment.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 May 2017
great environment to work in. learn and meet new people everyday. great co-workers and a very fulfilling, complimented by its great benefit packages .
Wonderful company
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 May 2017
I worked for Securitas and was unfortunately switched to another company when the site I worked at changed security providers. Securitas management, scheduling and HR treated me with respect and always put my needs first. The pay wasn't great and the benefits were ok but at least they were always there for me when I had any concerns that needed to be addressed. Securitas was probably the best company I have worked for in my 16+ years experienc in the security industry. Free uniforms and paid training!
Pros
Free uniforms, paid training, lots of hours, flexible
Cons
Nights, weekends, holidays
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 April 2017
Starts moring activity always starts with positive note from supervisor. It leads us to perform better on almost all on list Securitas sites. Other than work site Securitas management always boots our capabilities with offering free refresher courses at sites or at main office,
Pros
30 minutes Lunch break.
Relaxed hours
Security guard (Current Employee) –  toronto4 April 2017
Relaxed and flexible company to fit hours of work wherever you have time. Sites are pretty simple and good training is offered at every new site to you.
working and be active all the time.
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I would like to work any day except Friday or Friday morning.I always learn something from my jobs depending on what kind is.Some work is fun when i'm working with good co-workers.Sometimes they gives a hard time due to environment or management or co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is PAY DAY (don't laugh) and when the leaders are very friendly people.
Pros
makes active and productive person.
Cons
makes a tired and nervouse sometimes specially busy times.
Poor salary and worst management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
I dedicated myself to my work at the company and was treated poorly and given no opportunity to excel, while other employees who had personal relationships with the managers would show up late and have a general poor work ethic and be given every opportunity before those who worked to ensure the daily goings on proceeded smoothly. Wage is also poor for the amount expected of the employees especially the mobile supervisors; most get paid less than the officers they are supervising.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 November 2016
This company is on to work with as I got to do by law and security and be a private investagtor it will help me with my career becoming a cop and gave me in feild knowledge
set for life
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2016
a career in the armed forces is great, training, people knowledge, sets you for life, I travelled the world thanks to them.
securitas catsa experience
Agent de pré-embarquement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2016
its been a great experience to learn the security of the aviation at the airport
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
A productive day
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2016
answering phones.
scheduling.
Inputting payroll.
Confirming schedules.
Speaking with clients.
Emailing is top priority.
Pretty weak to be honest.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Joshua at the Edmonton Branch decided he was going to "get back to me in a few weeks" when I told him I had to study for the math exam for the math course I paid $870 at Norquest for instead of coming to the second interview after a 4 hour testing period (with no pay) for a minimum wage job.
I like the job, good experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 July 2016
Good experience, stepping stone position, Decent shifts, based off senority due to union. Keep your head up and you'll do okay.
decent job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
lots of work available, long hours and few scheduler. Wage was a bit low for the work didnt mind working there. left for a better security company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9