Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews for Security Guard

See reviews about:
Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,933 reviews
a company good to work
Security officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2017
A company known for it's services. a company good to work with.one of the best security company, makes the employees pround.

Efficient and excellent client services.
Pros
good environment, supporting management
Cons
as such nothing negative
currently working here with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
in look for working with some bigger firms in future where i can show my experience and skills in better way. It was good to be part of this firm. Looking forward to be part of some other companies
productive and gain experience
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
I have learned a lot from the company. Especially the positions that i filled. i worked in office buildings for some time. Moreover, I worked as a concierge doing desk work and patrols in Cadburry chocolate factory.
Relaxed hours
Security guard (Current Employee) –  toronto4 April 2017
Relaxed and flexible company to fit hours of work wherever you have time. Sites are pretty simple and good training is offered at every new site to you.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 November 2016
This company is on to work with as I got to do by law and security and be a private investagtor it will help me with my career becoming a cop and gave me in feild knowledge
Pretty weak to be honest.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Joshua at the Edmonton Branch decided he was going to "get back to me in a few weeks" when I told him I had to study for the math exam for the math course I paid $870 at Norquest for instead of coming to the second interview after a 4 hour testing period (with no pay) for a minimum wage job.
I like the job, good experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 July 2016
Good experience, stepping stone position, Decent shifts, based off senority due to union. Keep your head up and you'll do okay.
decent job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
lots of work available, long hours and few scheduler. Wage was a bit low for the work didnt mind working there. left for a better security company.
Excellent place of employement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2016
Securitas,
Provided me with a soild source of income . thier team is goal oriented and provides excellent support to thier fellow co-workers.

i recommend securitas to any person seeking work in the security profession.
Pros
n/a
No work, no help
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2016
Working for Securitas was the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to being a security guard. Unfortunately Securitas offers no help for expansion of your skill sets, does not take workers requests into consideration, and is committed to accepting contracts that only benefit the earnings of the company and sacrificing their employees to earn it. Long standing hours and far locations which burn up precious sitting time for breaks. 20 minute breaks easily turn into 15 minute break depending where you were working. Securitas offers a union that is solely there for the benefit of the company and for the union to earn profit. Complaints made to the union are constantly unanswered and the benefit package is an utter insult to their employees. Unfortunately Securitas is not the only security company that devilishly strain their workers with broken promises with little to no benefits at all with long standing hours, minimal pay, and dead sites that you will seriously make you want to quit on a daily basis. Comlaints made to the union and the company went unanswered several times untill the employees had to take action because at our site no one wants to be a union rep, and the union does nothing anyway. (Steel Workers Union). Several of my requests made to the ottawa Securitas office to change sites for numerous reason went unanswered. Union not offering much of any help as they cannot anyway. Not a lot of work available and serious turn rates.
Unfair
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2016
My partners at my sight were amazing, But the hours were brutal doing 48 hours a week on mix shifts Working 3 graveyards Mon,Tue,Wed, then Two 12 hour mornings Sat and Sun, i would finish at 7 am on my day off....and that would pretty much ruin my day, and then i would have to spend my Friday fixing my sleep schedule so i can be in for a 12 hour shift from 8 am to 8 pm Sat,and Sun. this destroyed my health and relationship. I've now been moved from my sight with no word and with doubts of getting anymore work.
Pros
Great Fellow Workers, and Relative easy sights
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Hours, Bad Benefits plan, Horrible Pay, Labor Laws and Human Right's Laws being broken.
A good solid employment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 March 2016
An excellent company with dedicated management and driven supervisors. A variety of locations to choose from though limited positions in winter.
Pros
driven and helpful management
Cons
lack of hours during winter months
Well managed . Good values and protocols
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I learn to treat people with respect and be accountable of many small tasks. It is hard when more than 1 unsual occurrences happen at a time..
poor work/poor pay/poor management
SECURITY GUARD / SECURITY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
Not a long term job at all. There is 0 growth with this company. Management will take advantage of you all the time. Make you work 16hrs a day and cancel shift last min
Pros
i don't work there anymore
Cons
a lot
Good place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2016
Still working on call. It's a great place to work at but at the moment there hasn't been enough shifts. I used to work 46 hours a week but the client didn't need security anymore and now I'm back to being on call.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9