Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Wonderful company
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 May 2017
I worked for Securitas and was unfortunately switched to another company when the site I worked at changed security providers. Securitas management, scheduling and HR treated me with respect and always put my needs first. The pay wasn't great and the benefits were ok but at least they were always there for me when I had any concerns that needed to be addressed. Securitas was probably the best company I have worked for in my 16+ years experienc in the security industry. Free uniforms and paid training!
Pros
Free uniforms, paid training, lots of hours, flexible
Cons
Nights, weekends, holidays
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 April 2017
Starts moring activity always starts with positive note from supervisor. It leads us to perform better on almost all on list Securitas sites. Other than work site Securitas management always boots our capabilities with offering free refresher courses at sites or at main office,
Pros
30 minutes Lunch break.
Relaxed hours
Security guard (Current Employee) –  toronto4 April 2017
Relaxed and flexible company to fit hours of work wherever you have time. Sites are pretty simple and good training is offered at every new site to you.
working and be active all the time.
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I would like to work any day except Friday or Friday morning.I always learn something from my jobs depending on what kind is.Some work is fun when i'm working with good co-workers.Sometimes they gives a hard time due to environment or management or co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is PAY DAY (don't laugh) and when the leaders are very friendly people.
Pros
makes active and productive person.
Cons
makes a tired and nervouse sometimes specially busy times.
Poor salary and worst management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
I dedicated myself to my work at the company and was treated poorly and given no opportunity to excel, while other employees who had personal relationships with the managers would show up late and have a general poor work ethic and be given every opportunity before those who worked to ensure the daily goings on proceeded smoothly. Wage is also poor for the amount expected of the employees especially the mobile supervisors; most get paid less than the officers they are supervising.
Ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 November 2016
This company is on to work with as I got to do by law and security and be a private investagtor it will help me with my career becoming a cop and gave me in feild knowledge
set for life
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2016
a career in the armed forces is great, training, people knowledge, sets you for life, I travelled the world thanks to them.
securitas catsa experience
Agent de pré-embarquement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2016
its been a great experience to learn the security of the aviation at the airport
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
A productive day
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2016
answering phones.
scheduling.
Inputting payroll.
Confirming schedules.
Speaking with clients.
Emailing is top priority.
Pretty weak to be honest.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Joshua at the Edmonton Branch decided he was going to "get back to me in a few weeks" when I told him I had to study for the math exam for the math course I paid $870 at Norquest for instead of coming to the second interview after a 4 hour testing period (with no pay) for a minimum wage job.
I like the job, good experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 July 2016
Good experience, stepping stone position, Decent shifts, based off senority due to union. Keep your head up and you'll do okay.
decent job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
lots of work available, long hours and few scheduler. Wage was a bit low for the work didnt mind working there. left for a better security company.
good
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2016
good company , always looking for people. Salary not enough. No long term opportunities for improvement. They have some good sites to work
La joie dans le travail et travaille dans la joie
Agent de Sécurité (Security Guard) (Current Employee) –  Sers (16)16 May 2016
Le directeur protège ses emplois et il nous inspire à travailler plus fort chaque jour.
Excellent place of employement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2016
Securitas,
Provided me with a soild source of income . thier team is goal oriented and provides excellent support to thier fellow co-workers.

i recommend securitas to any person seeking work in the security profession.
Pros
n/a
it was great to work there
Guard (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 April 2016
they will always work with you if you have work place issues and they were great to work for here in st. johns NL the shifts would consist 12 hours
Pros
great company to work for at the time i was working there
Cons
not enough hours
No work, no help
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2016
Working for Securitas was the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to being a security guard. Unfortunately Securitas offers no help for expansion of your skill sets, does not take workers requests into consideration, and is committed to accepting contracts that only benefit the earnings of the company and sacrificing their employees to earn it. Long standing hours and far locations which burn up precious sitting time for breaks. 20 minute breaks easily turn into 15 minute break depending where you were working. Securitas offers a union that is solely there for the benefit of the company and for the union to earn profit. Complaints made to the union are constantly unanswered and the benefit package is an utter insult to their employees. Unfortunately Securitas is not the only security company that devilishly strain their workers with broken promises with little to no benefits at all with long standing hours, minimal pay, and dead sites that you will seriously make you want to quit on a daily basis. Comlaints made to the union and the company went unanswered several times untill the employees had to take action because at our site no one wants to be a union rep, and the union does nothing anyway. (Steel Workers Union). Several of my requests made to the ottawa Securitas office to change sites for numerous reason went unanswered. Union not offering much of any help as they cannot anyway. Not a lot of work available and serious turn rates.
Unfair
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2016
My partners at my sight were amazing, But the hours were brutal doing 48 hours a week on mix shifts Working 3 graveyards Mon,Tue,Wed, then Two 12 hour mornings Sat and Sun, i would finish at 7 am on my day off....and that would pretty much ruin my day, and then i would have to spend my Friday fixing my sleep schedule so i can be in for a 12 hour shift from 8 am to 8 pm Sat,and Sun. this destroyed my health and relationship. I've now been moved from my sight with no word and with doubts of getting anymore work.
Pros
Great Fellow Workers, and Relative easy sights
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Hours, Bad Benefits plan, Horrible Pay, Labor Laws and Human Right's Laws being broken.
Very busy environment. Huge turnover in staff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 March 2016
I found this company to be rather poorly run. Management changed several times during the course of my employment, as did office staff. There seemed to be a lot of disorganization stemming from head office decisions, which kept a lot of the staff off-balance. I recall my experience as an employee of Securitas as being very stressful, although I did like the staff.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Poor organizational skills on behalf of management.
A good solid employment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 March 2016
An excellent company with dedicated management and driven supervisors. A variety of locations to choose from though limited positions in winter.
Pros
driven and helpful management
Cons
lack of hours during winter months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9