Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 20, 2016
good company , always looking for people. Salary not enough. No long term opportunities for improvement. They have some good sites to work
Excellent place of employement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2016
Securitas,
Provided me with a soild source of income . thier team is goal oriented and provides excellent support to thier fellow co-workers.

i recommend securitas to any person seeking work in the security profession.
Pros
n/a
it was great to work there
Guard (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 9, 2016
they will always work with you if you have work place issues and they were great to work for here in st. johns NL the shifts would consist 12 hours
Pros
great company to work for at the time i was working there
Cons
not enough hours
No work, no help
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working for Securitas was the nail in the coffin for me when it comes to being a security guard. Unfortunately Securitas offers no help for expansion of your skill sets, does not take workers requests into consideration, and is committed to accepting contracts that only benefit the earnings of the company and sacrificing their employees to earn it. Long standing hours and far locations which burn up precious sitting time for breaks. 20 minute breaks easily turn into 15 minute break depending where you were working. Securitas offers a union that is solely there for the benefit of the company and for the union to earn profit. Complaints made to the union are constantly unanswered and the benefit package is an utter insult to their employees. Unfortunately Securitas is not the only security company that devilishly strain their workers with broken promises with little to no benefits at all with long standing hours, minimal pay, and dead sites that you will seriously make you want to quit on a daily basis. Comlaints made to the union and the company went unanswered several times untill the employees had to take action because at our site no one wants to be a union rep, and the union does nothing anyway. (Steel Workers Union). Several of my requests made to the ottawa Securitas office to change sites for numerous reason went unanswered. Union not offering much of any help as they cannot anyway. Not a lot of work available and serious turn rates.
Unfair
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 27, 2016
My partners at my sight were amazing, But the hours were brutal doing 48 hours a week on mix shifts Working 3 graveyards Mon,Tue,Wed, then Two 12 hour mornings Sat and Sun, i would finish at 7 am on my day off....and that would pretty much ruin my day, and then i would have to spend my Friday fixing my sleep schedule so i can be in for a 12 hour shift from 8 am to 8 pm Sat,and Sun. this destroyed my health and relationship. I've now been moved from my sight with no word and with doubts of getting anymore work.
Pros
Great Fellow Workers, and Relative easy sights
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Hours, Bad Benefits plan, Horrible Pay, Labor Laws and Human Right's Laws being broken.
A good solid employment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 10, 2016
An excellent company with dedicated management and driven supervisors. A variety of locations to choose from though limited positions in winter.
Pros
driven and helpful management
Cons
lack of hours during winter months
Good starter or retirement company
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 19, 2016
If you are looking to get some experience in the Security Industry, this company is a good in. Established offices in each town. The hours are very demanding and require you to be on call 24hrs a day 7 days a week. The main shifts are mostly overnight, weekends, and holidays. It's unionised and the benefits packages are decent. It was a good stepping stone into management and getting to build my own team was a wonderful experience. As management, the job is great. To start, it can be very demanding and low paying. Overall, it helped me to make split second decisions correctly and with the whole team dynamic in mind.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad pay, 12-16+ hour shifts
Recommended for serious applicants
Security Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Being that Securitas is the first security company for which I've ever worked, I have nothing but the upmost respect and gratitude for them. They are accommodating to anyone who is new to the security arena. I'd highly recommend them for neophytes.
My only suggestion to Securitas be that they pay their guards more. Some sites are difficult to handle. Therefore, an increased rate of compensation would be an advantageous inducement for anyone, both rookies and seasoned guards.
Pros
Steelworkers' Union
Cons
Long hours (12 +), Management doesn't communicate too readily.
Well managed . Good values and protocols
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. I learn to treat people with respect and be accountable of many small tasks. It is hard when more than 1 unsual occurrences happen at a time..
Nice easy secluded site, develop on our own
Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Learned to work alone and progress, deal with many situations without guidance all the time, i liked it because taught me to stand on my own 2 feet and not follow someone around all the time.
Pros
working alone
Cons
long hours at night
poor work/poor pay/poor management
SECURITY GUARD / SECURITY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Not a long term job at all. There is 0 growth with this company. Management will take advantage of you all the time. Make you work 16hrs a day and cancel shift last min
Pros
i don't work there anymore
Cons
a lot
secure job
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, airportJanuary 23, 2016
good training, and you will learn a lot of different skills needed for the environment you are working in. Sometimes found scheduling and management to be unorganized. This can be a long term career and you certainly will be introduced to different cultures and backgrounds both as co - workers and passengers. There seems to be a lot of chances for advancement if you choose to do so. Starting pay rate is above average for Nova Scotia.
Pros
great health benifits
we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and restaurant,you can buy a drink or eat
Surveillant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 23, 2016
our management is well organized, all my colleagues are honest and we are a solid team at work.we have a dining room for all workers, cloakroom and a restaurant where you can eat or buy a drink. each has its tasks to do, the supervisor is to ensure that the job is well done.Each of your shift you must make a brief report and contact your supervisor before leaving your post. Monitoring arts, accompany visitors
Good place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Still working on call. It's a great place to work at but at the moment there hasn't been enough shifts. I used to work 46 hours a week but the client didn't need security anymore and now I'm back to being on call.
Good work culture, love to work environment
Security officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 18, 2015
Good Management, High scope of learning, Challenging, A good job for the freshers. A good company and management to work with.
security gaurd watched a hole
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 14, 2015
watched a hole in the ground, also was a guard for a trucking lot checking trucks and trailers as they came in, used excel on a daily basis
Cons
long hours, bad wage
Security Officer
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 10, 2015
Access control by using CCTV cameras . Wrote shift & occurrence reports . Trailer inventory list as the unloading & loading of equipment , container drums .
Seasonal inventory checklist , on a week night basis such as machinery and maintenance of the site
Pros
Worked independtly, people were friendly
Cons
worked stagnant hours during the weekends
Very flexible hours and easy going
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2015
This job is very flexible for my hours as a student in college. The work is very relaxed but consists of long hours though. Pay is near minimum.
Un-less you have a posted site to work at, good luck in finding steady work !
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 17, 2015
Does'nt make sense.
Been with company for 11 years.
Left my posted site 5 months ago.
Since then i am barely receiving any work here in the Belleville area.
I am lucky to get 8 to 16 hours a week.
This branch has changed so much, and not for the better.
Poorly managed area, don't know who my boss is , and there is no one in the Belleville office now.( we report to the Peterborough office , and before that, Ottawa ! [for a few months ] )
I have come to the conclusion that there is not enough work here
in Belleville, or, they have forgotten me.....or don't care any-more.
11 years. Will not stay with this company any-more.
I hope i can get full-time work with other security companies in this area.
Like the way it used to be with Securitas/Belleville.
I feel so ....lost. Like they don't know who i am. Just a number now.
It was'nt always this way.
Pros
Honestly.....i can't think of one.
Cons
Just not enough work it seems, here in the Belleville region
Great company to work for
Security Shift Supervisor at Agha Khan Museum (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
This is a company that will allow staff the opportunity to grow. Pay is always great, and there are many benefits provided. Training is provided and paid. Uniforms are free. Overall very good employer to work for.