SECURIGUARD Employee Reviews

Poor place of work. Management and pay not acceptable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 July 2017
I was lied to several times during the hiring process and ended up with a wage far lower than promised and unfilled expectations by one of the managers in Victoria who is certainly not someone I wanted to work for. She was disliked immensely by her employees and had no accountability, telling her employees that all of the difficulties she faced in the job were brought upon her by them.

When I left with short notice after a week of work, she decided to personally attack me, threaten to berate me to my family (whom she just happens to be acquainted with one member in particular). Despite the fact I tried leaving on semi acceptable terms by maintaining a polite demeanour, after I recognized the poor working conditions to which I had befallen.

I would not recommend security in general unless it is in-house with a company such as a casino or hospital which benefits are provided and pay is acceptable. This company in particular is one I would recommend boycotting for the time being until stronger management is in place. I recommend upon taking this job and asking questions of your colleagues to determine the reliability of those who you work for and whether this is really a place that is suited to you.
Pros
The guards I worked with were very good people.
Cons
Poor hours, pay, management, benefits.
No salary/wages increment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 June 2017
My work site is Abbotsford airport in securiguard company
when i start with securiguard as security officer when they send me at Abbotsford airport. Airport authrity treat us as janitor they dont think we are work as security guard .
Nice place.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2017
Nice people to work with. Possibility to work as much as you want.

Professionalism recognized by managers. It would be a very good job if better paid
Pros
Nice shifts
Cons
Low wages
Fun place as you get to meet a lot of new people
Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2017
I had a really good time working for Securiguard. The ability to work different sites every time prevents the work from getting boring. you also get to me a lot of new people.
Based out of Vancouver
Office Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 April 2017
Hires and trains guards, helps with Justice Institute paperwork and courses. Supplys uniforms and extra training if required. Shift work for all guards.
A lot expected of you in mobile.
Field Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2017
Honestly, if you are a supervisor or in mobile in general, be prepared to be running around like a chicken with your head cutoff. Lot of bad apples. Other than that, the work was quite hectic, not a lot of man power, especially when there is even a minor hiccup. Pay is not worth the headache. Also, a lot of politics. Management is pretty good and friendly and reasonable.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no time for breaks sometimes
Pays the bills but an unethical company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2017
-Some sites provide easy work and pay quite well for those just out of HS and in university.

-Quiet sites can be used as a place to do homework.

-Securiguard has many recruiters and managers who constantly lie to their employees (guards); don't take them seriously when they say that "they value you.". You are just an interchangeable part that can easily be removed at the client's whim.

-Good exposure to various workplace environments provides opportunity to develop interpersonal skills in the workplace.
Pros
Pays the bills while you're a student, flexible hours (on-call shifts)
Cons
dishonest management, lack of respect for its principles (REACH)
a good company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2017
As a new to BC and In between job of my profession I would do security job
My background in the Israeli army helped me to get this job
I was mainly on a mobile security
productive
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
very positive work environment. reasonable salary.
good working hours with good benefits .
workplace is clean and very positive
Work Culture Was Great
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2017
Securiguard would send you out on one day conferences to learn new techniques and approaches to your job- and then ask you to come back and present them to the rest of the staff. Whether that was sending you out on how to get the most out of your spreadsheets - or spend a day with the management of Coca-Cola. There was always something to be learned.
Lovely Company!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
Great managers who always listen to concerns and act upon them. A wide variety of casual jobs available and excellent pay rate.
Revolving door.
Full time Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 December 2016
Management was constantly changing, contracts being lost left and right, poorly maintained and operated sites. Wages were low, far below a livable wage especially for long travel and amount of work expected at sites.
Pros
Easy to get in.
Cons
Poor management and poor job security.
Lack of Direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
This company is your typical contract security company. There is limited strategic direction. Branches operate disjointed from the head office. No pension, and limited growth opportunities. Definitely do not recommend this company on your law enforcement career path.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Senior management is not supportive of progressive change. Afraid of spending money.
Good management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2016
Friendly staff, co-workers are also very cooperative and kind hearted, I started my security carrier from this company and it helped me in very difficult time.
Would never work for them again.. Horrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2016
Securiguard has ZERO value for staff, this company has very high turnover, one of the highest of any Security company. People are constantly quitting or being replaced for frivolous reasons. Office Positions and Management positions would have new staff every week. Expectations are ridiculous, they expect someone to stand for 8 hours in a small area without food, water or a break and if you sit for 5 minutes you will get FIRED. This is a horrible company and evil, no value for anyone.
stay away
Industrial Security Officer/camp environment (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC28 December 2015
do yourself a favor and stay away . Management acts against their own employees , payment is minimum , no benefits no room for advancement .I guess that says it all .
Pros
almost none !- unless ur homeless and desperate skip to another position with another comapny
Cons
uhu
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2015
This is a good stepping stone to get the career you are looking for. Management was nice and very flexible. Hours and days you were available were also flexible.
Great company and awesome people to work with.
Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonon7 June 2015
Great place to get started .
Develop's alot of skills.
Great management to work for.
Very understanding and are always there if any help needed.
Hard part - Long hours and over-night job
Pros
Great Management and flexible hours
Cons
Long hours/Over-night
Management out of touch with site workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitimat, BC17 March 2015
Don't work here unless u have a thick skin. Management rarely supports site staff, they reward problem workers with promotion and added responsibility while moving good workers around to disrupt good teamwork.
Cons
good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  victoria,bc2 March 2015
Lots of shifts, good hours.
Understanding management.
Co workers show up on time
Hardest part of job is working on short notice.
Most enjoyable part of job is payday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECURIGUARD. Our community is ready to answer.