SECURIGUARD Employee Reviews

Lack of Direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2016
This company is your typical contract security company. There is limited strategic direction. Branches operate disjointed from the head office. No pension, and limited growth opportunities. Definitely do not recommend this company on your law enforcement career path.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Senior management is not supportive of progressive change. Afraid of spending money.
Good management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2016
Friendly staff, co-workers are also very cooperative and kind hearted, I started my security carrier from this company and it helped me in very difficult time.
Great company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
Securiguard is a great company to work with if your looking for lots of hours and don't mind working place to place. Also must be able to provide great customer service to customers and clients on the worksites.
Would never work for them again.. Horrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2016
Securiguard has ZERO value for staff, this company has very high turnover, one of the highest of any Security company. People are constantly quitting or being replaced for frivolous reasons. Office Positions and Management positions would have new staff every week. Expectations are ridiculous, they expect someone to stand for 8 hours in a small area without food, water or a break and if you sit for 5 minutes you will get FIRED. This is a horrible company and evil, no value for anyone.
stay away
Industrial Security Officer/camp environment (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC28 December 2015
do yourself a favor and stay away . Management acts against their own employees , payment is minimum , no benefits no room for advancement .I guess that says it all .
Pros
almost none !- unless ur homeless and desperate skip to another position with another comapny
Cons
uhu
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2015
This is a good stepping stone to get the career you are looking for. Management was nice and very flexible. Hours and days you were available were also flexible.
Great company and awesome people to work with.
Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonon7 June 2015
Great place to get started .
Develop's alot of skills.
Great management to work for.
Very understanding and are always there if any help needed.
Hard part - Long hours and over-night job
Pros
Great Management and flexible hours
Cons
Long hours/Over-night
Bad bad bad bad
Moblie and on site guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, van14 July 2014
This was by far the worse company i worked for said they have a car for me to drive or pay me 40 cents a liter on gas for my travel. They did nothing nathan the moblie manger is a crooked guy he would say anything to get you to work but would do nothing and lets see who else in van office garrett is also a low life no favours or loyalty in this company to many clients on there hands and traning on moblie is just so bad they dont even train you good. I would not recommed this company stay aware they dont pay you on time aswell. If i was one of their clients i would try another company heads up ! I got more but im stop at this
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lack of pay, nosies employes, retards
Not much care for employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2014
Securiguard as a company is not as great as I thought it would be. When they are in need of workers they are in a hurry to call you. But when you are in need of work they don't put in the same amount of effort as they would when they are in need. Working at the Hyatt though was nothing but great for me. Friendly co-workers and very hard working. We all worked together as a team and I enjoyed it a lot.
Pros
Good placement (at least for me), Free lunches
Cons
Low pay for the position I was working, Don't care for employees as much as they should
Management out of touch with site workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitimat, BC17 March 2015
Don't work here unless u have a thick skin. Management rarely supports site staff, they reward problem workers with promotion and added responsibility while moving good workers around to disrupt good teamwork.
Congenial atmosphere/ Camosun College
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 June 2013
I am security at Camosun College and work at both campuses. I get to walk around and greet many people while patrolling and making sure the campus is safe.It is rewarding when students tell me they feel safe knowing that I'm there.
Pros
Free coffee and resolving difficult situations
Cons
Low wages
Good Security Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 July 2013
A typical day at work, dealing with employees who don't follow the rules of after hours, stealing company property, use of force is an asset. I learned a lot with this company, I learnt how to talk to patrons properly and talked my way out of altercations.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Not enough pay for the work load
Positive work environment
Mobile Security/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2014
A typical day within mobile simply involves completing the patrols on your run sheet, while responding to any Alarms/Other calls/Emergency Situations that are dispatched to you by the supervisor.

As the Supervisor, not only do you have your own set of patrols to complete, but as mentioned above, it is your responsibility when contacted by Seguriguards dispatching center (C3) to decide which unit to send to various alarms/other. In addition, you are responsible to make sure as many patrols are completed as realistically possible, while making sure your team is properly doing their job. You report to Management any major problems, while dealing with as many as you can without having to pass it onto management. Such examples would be issues with units, giving them the first verbal warning before escalating the situation. A day as a supervisor can either be calm and quite depending on what calls come in, or can become fairly busy.
good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  victoria,bc2 March 2015
Lots of shifts, good hours.
Understanding management.
Co workers show up on time
Hardest part of job is working on short notice.
Most enjoyable part of job is payday.
productive
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 February 2014
enjoyed my work with co-workers and as well with the management. respecting other peoples privacy. any hard situations i had, i always would ask managers opinion and always gave them my point of view as well.
Absolutely the most unprofessional Company I have ever worked for!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, B.C5 December 2013
I have worked for many companies in my life but none that valued human beings as little as this company does. This company is full of lies and crooked management from the ground up. I was a supervisor for this poor excuse for a company and can tell you right now I am ashamed to even say I ever worked for them. If you do decide to work for these guys you can count on working your tail off in the cold for peanuts.

I met guards who have worked for this company for over 3 years without a single raise. They like to hire poor un educated foreigners for their entry guard positions because they ask very little questions about their employee rights and benefits and will work for next to nothing without complaining. My only regret during my time with this company was that I never quit sooner. Think twice before you apply here, they have a terrible reputation around Vancouver and its getting worse everyday. Shame on you securiguard for how you treat your people.
Pros
Cons
poor wage, poor management, corruption, long hours, forced overtime.
Fairly nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 April 2013
This company is one of the most sustainable companies in Security field.
It gives you opportunity to grow up and have very different sites in all part of the city.
fast paced enviornment
mobile security guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2013
secure locations, fast paced, busy secedule, random alarms, great team work, extreme multitasking
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
not enough pay, extremely busy
Not very interesting job
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2012
Easy job, not many challenges, no meeting people and learning in this job.
Pros
very easy job
Cons
no learning or as such growth
Great workplace!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2012
Excellent customer services skills and great management!!!!

SECURIGUARD Reviews by Location