Secure Energy Services

Secure Energy Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Labourer (Former Employee), Red DeerMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fellow labourers were great, I was paid very well
Cons: never home, bad management, poor communication
I didn't work here long, only because after my first shift I never heard from anybody again, I left countless messages with management to get back out there working and I was never acknowledged. I busted my but out there, always early for my shift, never slacked off and was prepared to spend my career at Secure Energy. They weren't even respectful enough to call and let me know why I was let go. I was paid very handsomely though, my hotel was also paid for. Bad management will run down hill and effect everyone, never a good place to work if this is the case.
short staffed
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 1, 2015
Pros: provide a work truck
Cons: no time for family
hard to get time off but great people around there easy going , all go when they have work pay roll needs to do better at life i am sure they will get it soon. over all i like working there . the long shifts get me missing my people tho. money is good
Great Company
Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free training, company vehicle
As with any company, there are several factors to take into account but my personal experience this was one of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Productive workplace
Recap Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Great team, very respectful and helpful. Great learning experience, the work was interesting and engaging. Great management, supportive and reliable.
Great place to work, but below average pay.
Facility Operator (Current Employee), AlbertaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: low pay
Working at Secure has definitely been a pleasure. Our facility definitely has really good moral and I am actually excited to go into work.

As an Operator, our job is not strenuous by any means, however when something goes wrong, it can definitely be stressful. Safety is and always will be the number one priority at Secure. You are never asked to rush anything. They have a, 'Take Your Time, Do it Safe, and Do it Right' mentality. The management with Secure is very good and they treat their employees very well.

I really do like working for Secure, however their pay just isn't competitive enough. They don't offer much, if anything, for housing accommodations so most of the employees are local. If you are from out of town you are required to find your own living arrangements. They are trying to hire local and if you aren't local, they expect you to eventually reside in the area because they will not pay for your hotel or rental expenses. The problem with that is, their facilities are located in booming locations where housing is extremely expensive and they definitely do not pay well enough to afford to relocate.

In comparison to where I am working, there are other companies/facilities starting their employees at around $30,000-$40,000 MORE than our starting salary.
Hello Secure Energy !
Couch potato (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Your posting for Equipment operators wanted! when you can't even keep your Secure operators that you already have working ! Try giving your own employees the option to relocate to one of the other Secure jobs.
This company is very unorganized, not reliable, breaks promises .
Over worked and under paid
Accounting Administrator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie ABNovember 20, 2014
too many to list...see resume. I have so many task, please see my resume.
Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee), Obed AlbertaAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: lead admin could care less to train you properly, she says she doesnt have time.
The obed location is run by two people who are best friends, so not really fair in how they handle things. The lead administrator says she will train you but she always says she has no time-she doesn't like women there, but treats the men like buddies, she could care less to train you. She cant really seem to get her work done even with three others helping her and therefore doesn't have time to teach anyone new. Lead administrator will never deal with you directly she gets the plant manager to talk to you after she tells a highly dramatic version of a situation. When complaints to head office seems not much would change. I rate it very low!
Great Company to work for
Crew Foreman (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABOctober 27, 2013
Pros: great safety culture
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working for this company, Management is good and the company values are equal despite different levels of management. Employees health and safety is valued above production and profitability
Camp Job
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Fort Nelson, BCApril 6, 2013
Good pay, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out. not much room for advancement.
Office Assistant-Summer student (Former Employee), Hinton, AlbertaDecember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: sometimes it was really slow and boring, other times it was extremely busy and stressful
Secure was an awesome place to work, they were friendly and fun. It was one of those jobs that you actually looked forward to going to work in the morning. It was like a great big family, everyone joked around. They were always really flexible if somebody had to come in late, leave early or cut out for a bit to attend doctors appointments and such. I also enjoyed the work, It was challenging at times and you really had to be on the ball and pay attention to detail which I enjoy.

About Secure Energy Services

Over the years Secure has grown to find new and innovative ways to help upstream oil and natural gas producers. With a dedication – Read more