Secure Energy Services

Secure Energy Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible place to work!
field technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 28, 2015
Very low pay (I've been in this industry for years doing the same job and I was only making $300 more per month than my girlfriend who works a day job at the mall and is home every night). I sucked it up, I worked my butt off and I tried very hard but my boss was harassing and verbally abusive. You can only take so much of being yelled at for things that you didn't do or that weren't your fault; sucking it up and taking the blame. I then reported the harassment to his superior and was let go without cause the next day. Funny.. my old boss at the last place I was at (for just over 5 years) still calls me for advice on the job, yet these jokers paid me next to nothing, treated me like I was incompetent and set me up for failure..even my co workers were surprised that I had been let go because I did well at the job.
Pros
Work Truck.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor management, terrible communication, favouritism, poor HR, unrealistic expectations, harassment, verbal abuse, ETC
Great Growth from within attitude
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABOctober 8, 2015
Gave large amounts of responsibility to younger employees with tons of support and guidance. Trusted and encouraged younger employees to step up with ideas and recommendations while providing an true open door policy to support personal and career development.

The lower rating on Job Security/Advancement was more of a factor of industry economic situation.
Pros
Great development opportunities, great youth full work culture
Cons
Industry turmoil
worst place ever
Scale Op and Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABJanuary 9, 2016
I would not work there again if it was the last place on earth .. the Management was a rude fat person who sat behind a desk and never gave a person the benefit of the doubt it was his way that was it ... co workers were the same all but 1hardest part of the day was going to work best part was leaving
Pros
nothing was free had to pay for the christmas party
Cons
the manager was ALWAYS there telling you that you were wrong
Loved working for this company before the oil price crash
Water Transfer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 16, 2015
Definitely thought I was going to finish my career at Secure. They were a great company to work for. But as soon as it got slow in the patch it was like the management disappeared. They wouldn't answer phone calls, one time I was in the shop and asked what jobs were going to start and was told to stop asking f****n questions because its none of our f****n business.. Those were just a couple things.. On a good note this companies employees are great! The field managers and site sups and fellow laborers were great, always had an open mind listened to ideas.. Just unfortunate that the red deer office is managed the way it is.
Pros
Good pay, paid travel, time off when needed
Cons
Office management
Poor management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red DeerMay 15, 2015
I didn't work here long, only because after my first shift I never heard from anybody again, I left countless messages with management to get back out there working and I was never acknowledged. I busted my but out there, always early for my shift, never slacked off and was prepared to spend my career at Secure Energy. They weren't even respectful enough to call and let me know why I was let go. I was paid very handsomely though, my hotel was also paid for. Bad management will run down hill and effect everyone, never a good place to work if this is the case.
Pros
Fellow labourers were great, I was paid very well
Cons
never home, bad management, poor communication
work with a good team of people
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, ABOctober 24, 2015
typical day at wok goes by fast, always something to keep you busy with.
co-workers are all friendly and easy to get along with.
easy to learn all equipment in plant.
management is understanding with days off etc.
Pros
free lunch and gear
Cons
shoty shift work 4 0n 4 0ff
Great place to work, but below average pay.
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 4, 2015
Working at Secure has definitely been a pleasure. Our facility definitely has really good moral and I am actually excited to go into work.

As an Operator, our job is not strenuous by any means, however when something goes wrong, it can definitely be stressful. Safety is and always will be the number one priority at Secure. You are never asked to rush anything. They have a, 'Take Your Time, Do it Safe, and Do it Right' mentality. The management with Secure is very good and they treat their employees very well.

I really do like working for Secure, however their pay just isn't competitive enough. They don't offer much, if anything, for housing accommodations so most of the employees are local. If you are from out of town you are required to find your own living arrangements. They are trying to hire local and if you aren't local, they expect you to eventually reside in the area because they will not pay for your hotel or rental expenses. The problem with that is, their facilities are located in booming locations where housing is extremely expensive and they definitely do not pay well enough to afford to relocate.

In comparison to where I am working, there are other companies/facilities starting their employees at around $30,000-$40,000 MORE than our starting salary.
Pros
great company
Cons
low pay
Great Company to work for
Crew Foreman (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABOctober 27, 2013
I enjoy working for this company, Management is good and the company values are equal despite different levels of management. Employees health and safety is valued above production and profitability
Pros
great safety culture
my job
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SKNovember 6, 2015
it was alright i gained experience but thtas about it. Wages are lower then expected but fulltime work at least. Do not like the 4/4 schedule
Super people
Report Developer (Former Employee) –  downtown CalgaryNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work, Good people to work for and to work with.
This was the best place I have worked in a long time.

It was a wonderful experience
Pros
good people
Great upstart
General Manager - Business Processes (Former Employee) –  calgary abSeptember 24, 2015
Excellent upstart. Quick growth brings both great challenges and great opportunity for anyone working there. Great operations group.
Productive workplace
Recap Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Great team, very respectful and helpful. Great learning experience, the work was interesting and engaging. Great management, supportive and reliable.
Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Obed AlbertaAugust 2, 2014
The obed location is run by two people who are best friends, so not really fair in how they handle things. The lead administrator says she will train you but she always says she has no time-she doesn't like women there, but treats the men like buddies, she could care less to train you. She cant really seem to get her work done even with three others helping her and therefore doesn't have time to teach anyone new. Lead administrator will never deal with you directly she gets the plant manager to talk to you after she tells a highly dramatic version of a situation. When complaints to head office seems not much would change. I rate it very low!
Pros
free food!
Cons
lead admin could care less to train you properly, she says she doesnt have time.
short staffed
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 1, 2015
hard to get time off but great people around there easy going , all go when they have work pay roll needs to do better at life i am sure they will get it soon. over all i like working there . the long shifts get me missing my people tho. money is good
Pros
provide a work truck
Cons
no time for family
Office Assistant-Summer student (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AlbertaDecember 20, 2012
Secure was an awesome place to work, they were friendly and fun. It was one of those jobs that you actually looked forward to going to work in the morning. It was like a great big family, everyone joked around. They were always really flexible if somebody had to come in late, leave early or cut out for a bit to attend doctors appointments and such. I also enjoyed the work, It was challenging at times and you really had to be on the ball and pay attention to detail which I enjoy.
Pros
flexible
Cons
sometimes it was really slow and boring, other times it was extremely busy and stressful
Great Company
Lead Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaMarch 15, 2015
As with any company, there are several factors to take into account but my personal experience this was one of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
free lunches, free training, company vehicle
Hello Secure Energy !
Couch potato (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Your posting for Equipment operators wanted! when you can't even keep your Secure operators that you already have working ! Try giving your own employees the option to relocate to one of the other Secure jobs.
This company is very unorganized, not reliable, breaks promises .
Camp Job
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BCApril 6, 2013
Good pay, 2 weeks in 2 weeks out. not much room for advancement.
Over worked and under paid
Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie ABNovember 20, 2014
too many to list...see resume. I have so many task, please see my resume.