SECOND HARVEST, 1450 LODESTAR, UNIT 18, TORONTO, ONTARIO. M3J 3C1.
Job Posting: Permanent Part-Time WEEKEND DZ DRIVER (2 shifts/week)
Second Harvest is the largest food rescue program in Canada. Since 1985, Second Harvest has been rescuing donated, excess food, which would have otherwise gone to waste and delivering that food to community agencies in Toronto. Every day Second Harvest delivers enough food to provide 19,000 meals to over 215 community agencies in Toronto. Recognized for efficiency and impact of services, independent research group Charity Intelligence Canada has named Second Harvest a Recommended Charity for the past three years.
We are looking for an experienced DZ-licensed driver with excellent customer service skills to pick-up and deliver excess food with a fleet of 18’, 22’ and 24’ trucks on a permanent part-time basis. We have 8 trucks on the road Monday thru Friday and 2 trucks on Saturday and Sunday. The selected candidate will be scheduled to work 2 shifts per week, Saturday and Sunday only, plus provide occasional on-call back-up support. All work is performed in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- At least 2 years experience driving a 22’ truck or larger
- Experience in downtown driving
- Physically able to climb in and out of the truck, lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis throughout the day
- Community-service oriented and strong customer service skills
- Good knowledge of the GTA streets (particularly downtown Toronto)
- At least two years driving experience in the GTA
- A clean drivers abstract and must be bondable
- Hours of availability: Saturdays and Sundays: 9am- 5pm with the ocasional event pick up
- Pay starts at $17.50 per hour, rising to $18.20 after a probationary period of 520 hours of work.
HOW TO APPLY:
- * Interested and qualified candidates please e-mail your resume or fax it to 416-408-2598, Attention James McAfee.
- Please include a cover letter indicating why you are looking for permanent part-time work.
Thank you for applying for the position. However, only those candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted.