Second Cup Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail agréable
Barista (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC12 October 2017
La relation avec le public est ce qui rend cet emploi agréable. Prendre en compte les besoins des clients, les conseiller, les servir constitue le coeur de ce travail. Avec le temps, j'ai appris comment mettre le client en priorité afin qu'il vive une expérience à la hauteur de ses attentes. Que ce soit un client exigeant, plus difficile à gérer ou au contraire, un client très agréable, il demeure en tout temps une priorité.
Second Cup
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2017
This location was very busy, it is located in a hospital. I worked day shift which worked with transit times, since I lived on the other side of the city. Unfortunately, with a new schedule change it made it difficult with transit. The work environment was very demanding but very enjoyable, the shift went fast.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Difficulty working around transit hours
Good environment and staffing
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2017
I think that my life at Second Cup has been very beneifical to myself growing as an individual.
Although there is a lack of staffing, and many people work long hours, the employees are very upbeat and good at what they do. The management is very friendly, although at times could be considered unprofessional, and could be ran at a smoother pace.
Lovely Job
Head Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2017
Great place to work, very fun and creative. Fast paced. Only real con is that it's franchised so there is virtually no room for advancement and corners are often cut.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Franchised
ok workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
very understandable with taking days off managers are great and well organized not the best place as far as wage wise but other than that second cup is another great starter job
Good student job, great products
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for second cup, but the management was poor and run by an emotionally driven woman. You had to run after her for a pay raise. Pastries and beverages were of quality and delicious.
Pros
Delicious beverages and food
Cons
Management was poor
ok
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
most people work there was part time student, typical minimum wage. nothing much to say, just a normal student job. But the baristas do suspect the manager wasn't distribute tips fairly through.
Second to Fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
As a student relying on my part-time job as a mean of survival, I found my experience with second Cup outrageously terrible.
Firstly, the minimum wage. No need to say more.
Secondly, they took away all my debit tips and sometimes used cash tips to repair broken cafe equipment.
Franchisee had low to none respect to other people's time and needs, schedule could be adjusted one day before my shift.
Pros
Being able to take home expired products and bakery
Cons
Everything except for the pros.
Great
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 September 2017
Great experience and great job. Manager was amazing to work with and flexible hours. Very sad to give away such a great job. Would definitely work there again.
Pros
flexible hours.
Flexible hours
Cafe Supervisor/Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
I have worked for the company for more than 4 years.

Learned the extent of establishing customer relation that translates to brand loyalty among patrons.

Hours are flexible that worked well while I attend school.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Job security is not a guarantee
Working there was ok
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
overall i loved working there. The job itself was not bad. I just wished the management was better. I love the people, they were nice and understanding. especially when it came to vacation, employment hours and school.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
worked alone for long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Caissière, Barista (Current Employee) –  Mascouche, QC10 August 2017
It is really a fun job and as a person who cares about their work environment I think the other employees are nice and were really helpful the first few days. I've learned a lot about working with clients and perfecting every move I take. The best part of the job is that we help each other a lot as co-workers and it's always fun to learn and tell about new drinks and recipes.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Far from home
Chill place, terrible management
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Streetsville, ON8 August 2017
If you're a student just looking for some money this job is great, the location doesn't get very busy and it's a relaxing job. But the manager is so unorganized and uninvolved.
It was pretty chill
Barista/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
It was in the past, I don't really think of working here this much. The management was good the owners were also fantastic people who kept active in their employees lives in and outside of work
Pros
Got the hours I needed
Cons
Far from home
Loving and fun place
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB27 July 2017
It was a fun environment to work in. It was easy going most times, with the odd rush, but when there was a rush it kept you on your toes and it was exciting and kept you occupied.
Pros
free drink, great people
Cons
not enough business sometimes
Good environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
The other employers are very friendly and work hard to teach you as much as possible very clearly and can hopefully get started sooner knowing exactly what you're doing.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2017
Loved it there, loved the people there and it didnt feel like a job. it was great it was fun loved everything about it it was the best time of my life.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough hours
Great Envronment
Trained and certified as barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
A lot of interaction with people on a regular basis. Customer services skills is an asset. Fun environment to work in though sometimes stressful. If you enjoy meeting new people, this is the job for you!
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
late shifts
Fun and Friendly environment and customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2017
It really depends on the location because Second cups are franchises, but when you find a great cafe its obvious to everyone! The customers are happy, the staff have fun and the franchisee is present and interested in the business. At the location where I work there is never a dull day and people stay long term because its a great place to work and visit.
Pros
The best quality coffees are at second cup
Cons
low wages
Amazing work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
Out of all the jobs that I had, working at Second Cup was definitely the best experience of all. Although the management lacked on some parts, the process of serving and communicating with the customers really saved this coffee shop. Not the best management, but this coffee shop provides an amazing work environment and will be good for first-timers who are looking for a customer service based job.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Slow customer traffic