Second Cup Café Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I was a great experience. Great environment. And the owner are. Very nice . And treat employers in a kind a respectful manner .
Sales Associate/ barrista (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON30 August 2017
When you work at this second cup every day was a good day . Some days calm some days fast but every one integrated as a team work, Which make it a successful business
I've learned to manage variety of types of personalities. Clients with special needs . And meet great people. From all ages and cultural backgrounds which make it unique.
The most enjoyable part of the the job was meeting nice people . And being able to costumize their favorite drinks . And making them happy!
Pros
Get to try food ! .
Cons
If you have week leg and back bones. Sitting jobs are better .
My last job was my second home. I loved performing my job, staff, and all customers.
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa3 August 2017
A typical day at work is being there at 6:30 am 5 days a week, to get things ready to open the café, doing my café walk-through, serves customers, anticipate the long line up for the whole day but it was always fun because the busy it was the faster the time go by. The ambiance was very busy but friendly atmosphere. it is what I miss the most.

I have learned to be patience with customers co workers.
Panicking when its busy at the café does not help at all. I have learned to be calm under pressure.

As a supervisor, I have learn to hire and train new staff, health and safety, 7 essentials that Compass offered us to take. I was train to make schedules, do epay, inventory, place milk order and gfs order. I have also learn to deal with different people, provide excellent customer service. I can also work fast.

Workplace culture: I worked with staff from different culture, it was great because it gave us the chance as well learn each others culture and personalities.

The hardest part of the job: The job was great, I love everything about it that's why I stayed for 10 years. Leaving that job was my personal reason.

The most enjoyable part of the job: To have a responsibility that I was able to perform. Getting up in the morning everyday has become my daily routine. Serving regular customer and remembering their drinks always felt nice. Serving new customers and able to get them back is very challenging but felt rewarding.
Fun place to work at, stressful at times
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2017
Good place to work at overall, has its ups and downs. At the location I work at, recently new management took over which caused some un nesscary stress.
Pros
Enjoyable work place, convient to work at
Cons
New management, new rules
Cafe
Barista (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2017
Cleaning the cafe, making sure the place looks presentable and inviting, making drinks and preparing food, serving customers at the cash are all things that you would do in a typical day at Second Cup.
The team of baristas, managers and supervisors are amazing and supportive.
Pros
free drinks
A productive work environment with a great public interaction
Sales and Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
a family owned business. As such, I had more responsibilities that included shop up keep, problem solving, employee hiring/training, inventory stock up and many other things.

the work place had a great interactive public environment that helped develop social skills, time management, organization and leadership
Barista
Barista (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2017
good part time job, however, it depends on who is your manager. It is not that busy, it is easy once you get the hang of the drinks. Not too stressful
Pros
not too busy
Cons
depends on boss
Productive, Managment.
Food Expert (Former Employee) –  Pakistan24 December 2016
The Second cup cafe experience was really Good.I learned many things there like team management and others. The hardest part of the job was dealing those customers who're a hyper and different demands expect the job.